Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It's pretty well documented at this point that Issac Hayes didn't actually quit South Park. Scientology quit on his behalf after Issac had a stroke and later when they found out Matt and Trey felt terrible about the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Blazing Ownager posted:

People are so fanatical over their ideologies today that anything said against them is considered evil and bad. When the show turned their guns on these ideologies, they can't take it and suddenly the show is unfunny and/or 'on the other team.'

It's the same reason Isaac Hayes was down with ripping on every religion until it came around to his own, then suddenly the show was 'offensive.' Except doubled down in a world where everyone is offended and every rear end in a top hat is waiting to see how any piece of media or person is 'one of them' or 'one of us,' with criticism not allowed.

On the flip side you did ok gassing refugees so we shouldn't take it too far

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

PaybackJack posted:

It's pretty well documented at this point that Issac Hayes didn't actually quit South Park. Scientology quit on his behalf after Issac had a stroke and later when they found out Matt and Trey felt terrible about the situation.

:vince:

looks like it's all in this Hollywood Reporter interview, which is too long for me to read at work (arguing about cartoons on the internet is ok, though, obviously).

looking forward to diving into this later.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean, I think the "joke" with the PC Babies not going to the Mexican border to protest was that "it was too far". You see, PC Babies will do the whole performative wokeness thing as long as they don't have to travel too far to do it. That was the joke, not that it was okay to tear gas refugees.

And as always, gently caress Blazing Ownager to death.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
If you want comedy gold, just google "blazing ownager something awful," and you'll get a compilation of his greatest hits at the top of the page. Here's a preview: Kelly Marie Tran wasn't run off her Instagram account by rabid Star Wars fans, it was like totally a PR move by the big corporations to smear the haters and make them look like misogynists because feminism.

This guy is not a leftist. Y'all are being taken for a ride.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 4, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Did somebody think he was a leftist???

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, I think the "joke" with the PC Babies not going to the Mexican border to protest was that "it was too far". You see, PC Babies will do the whole performative wokeness thing as long as they don't have to travel too far to do it. That was the joke, not that it was okay to tear gas refugees.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but what you're describing is the exact opposite of what I remember. I thought it was a line by the cop, "I think I heard there were some PC babies at the Mexican border" or something to that effect. I can't check it right this minute to be sure though.

Oh also, for some actual content, here's what's coming this week:

quote:

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES ON
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, December 3, 2018 – South Park is chosen to be the home for Amazon’s newest Fulfillment Center in an all-new episode titled, “Unfulfilled” airing on Wednesday, December 5 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The citizens of South Park are enjoying all the perks of being a company town when the Amazon Fulfillment Center moves in. Everything is just swell until the contradictions inherent in capitalism threaten to bring down the entire system down.

Uber-topical, but it's definitely a potential satire goldmine if they put effort into it. And heck, it's actually something that everyone is equally pissed off about for a change!

Kinda funny, though, how a few years back they did an episode about the town changing itself to impress Whole Foods. That's basically what a whole bunch of cities did just now, for Amazon... who now owns Whole Foods...

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 4, 2018

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah I'm pretty sure B.O. is the opposite of what a leftist is. But I can't quite put my finger on what it's called.. hmmm...

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
An adult :smug::smug::smug:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sir Lemming posted:

Did somebody think he was a leftist???

I thought he was an out-of-date troll or an up-to-date Nazi.

Sir Lemming posted:

Oh also, for some actual content, here's what's coming this week:

quote:

Uber-topical, but it's definitely a potential satire goldmine if they put effort into it. And heck, it's actually something that everyone is equally pissed off about for a change!

Kinda funny, though, how a few years back they did an episode about the town changing itself to impress Whole Foods. That's basically what a whole bunch of cities did just now, for Amazon... who now owns Whole Foods...

See, this could be a satire goldmine, but they probably wrote it in afternoon and it'll suck. That's what's disappointing. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

On a side note, speaking as someone from Seattle, if anyone wants a slightly used Amazon headquarters we'll happily give you this one. Free shipping. Please? Please!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

King Vidiot posted:

And as always, gently caress Blazing Ownager to death.

That makes a lot more sense because I don't think even Trey and Matt can spin gassing refugees into PC culture.

Shitenshi posted:

If you want comedy gold, just google "blazing ownager something awful," and you'll get a compilation of his greatest hits at the top of the page. Here's a preview: Kelly Marie Tran wasn't run off her Instagram account by rabid Star Wars fans, it was like totally a PR move by the big corporations to smear the haters and make them look like misogynists because feminism.

I'm all for hating the refugee gasser but he's kinda right on that one. Kelly Marie Tran was most likely 'ran off' by a bunch of incels but I think it had more to do with them being rabid star wars fans and less the misogynism/feminism stuff. Her character was god awful and she's a lovely actress. Combine that together and she became an easy target for lovely people to harass. Instead of admitting that she was a lovely actress with a lovely role in a lovely movie with a lovely script, they spun it into incel harassment. Doesn't mean it was okay for people to leave horrible hate mail on her instagram, but that was pretty much what happened.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Doltos posted:

I'm all for hating the refugee gasser but he's kinda right on that one. Kelly Marie Tran was most likely 'ran off' by a bunch of incels but I think it had more to do with them being rabid star wars fans and less the misogynism/feminism stuff. Her character was god awful and she's a lovely actress. Combine that together and she became an easy target for lovely people to harass. Instead of admitting that she was a lovely actress with a lovely role in a lovely movie with a lovely script, they spun it into incel harassment. Doesn't mean it was okay for people to leave horrible hate mail on her instagram, but that was pretty much what happened.

Oh no, he's saying the harassment never happened, and it was purely a PR move from the studios.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ShoogaSlim posted:

also - a real discussion point i'm curious about - the South Park Phone Destroyer game offered a "Buddha Box" themed event that took place like a day after the show aired. in software development, i'm not sure it's possible to implement a big change with new assets in just 6 days time. the show might operate on a fast schedule, but the game developers probably need more time. something tells me they had this idea in the tank for a bit. i'm happy to be debunked tho.

I dunno, it's likely pretty quick as the "Buddha box" thing is probably just a quick artwork of Cartman and some sort of card or thing to attach to it. Would likely not take much work at all as they likely already have an engine to push new characters into the app.

(I've not played Phone Destroyer)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shitenshi posted:

Oh no, he's saying the harassment never happened, and it was purely a PR move from the studios.

Ohh that's just stupid. Disney doesn't even need to do underhanded PR advertising especially for a franchise like Star Wars. That must mean he's conceptualizing some sort of leftist propaganda machine attacking American culture.

Disney is as evil as corporations come. Diversity means more money which is all they care about.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

It's okay to tear gas hundreds of people attempting to literally sprint past and through a line of riot cops. Sorry. You want to shed tears like we went into Mexico and dropped sarin gas on a camp, not that we popped some tear gas because people were literally climbing a fence and trying to run into the US at full sprint. Seriously.

The mental gymnastics to try to make this sound sympathetic are Olympics worthy. I really do want to know, what would you have the riot cops too? Just say 'Aww shucks' and let them run past? Or should they just use rubber bullets and sticks?

Statements like "Oh no they were gassing refugees we're so evil" doesn't jive with several hundred people cutting fences, crawling over them and then rushing as a human wall towards border security while hurling rocks. My heart really doesn't bleed for morons who, again, try to rush riot cops and you know, get treated like a riot. We drop the same gas on US citizens when riots happen so yeah, I'm not really torn up about it and think it was better than the alternatives.

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure B.O. is the opposite of what a leftist is. But I can't quite put my finger on what it's called.. hmmm...

I'm a liberal left leaning person, absolutely. But that doesn't mean I have to be brain damaged enough to think we should open our borders and let any mob of people who want to rush in do so, even if they're doing it by leaping fences and throwing rocks and brute forcing to get what they want.

ED: I really do want to know. Say you are there, at the border, providing security. A wall of hundreds of individuals begins running at you at full sprint, vaulting walls and cutting wire. They start throwing rocks at you while trying to sprint right past you into the US. What the gently caress do you do? Really, I want to know, because Tear Gas sounds pretty good to me right about then.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 4, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doltos posted:

Kelly Marie Tran was most likely 'ran off' by a bunch of incels but I think it had more to do with them being rabid star wars fans and less the misogynism/feminism stuff. Her character was god awful and she's a lovely actress. Combine that together and she became an easy target for lovely people to harass. Instead of admitting that she was a lovely actress with a lovely role in a lovely movie with a lovely script, they spun it into incel harassment. Doesn't mean it was okay for people to leave horrible hate mail on her instagram, but that was pretty much what happened.

Facts about the Kelly Marie Tran thing:

- Not one tweet has ever been shown, anywhere, that caused her to get run off.
- She has never, even once, released a statement clarifying she left twitter because of harassment.
- She disappeared from Twitter at the absolute height of the Solo bombing
- The press launched this campaign of her getting 'run off' twitter purely off guesswork because of people not liking her character, and then split the headlines about Solo bombing with a sympathy story.

I don't even think there was major harassment on her twitter (even though people hate her character and God knows youtube is littered with hate of her). The timing was ridiculous as was the actor radio silence and the fact the harassment story is entirely just bullshit made up to explain why she left twitter. All Disney had to do is "step out of twitter and we'll suggest a few reasons" and bam, instant Solo damage control all without the actress having to lie (just remain silent).

I don't even think it's a conspiracy at this point, it's media scumbaggery 101.

Shitenshi posted:

Too many leftists think that it requires checking your brain and the door and eating heaping bowls of bullshit served by companies who just want to manipulate you. Esp. if the corporation is using some buzzwords. I am here to tell you that you can support a left leaning viewpoint without doing this, of course.

See: Everything to do with the Ghostbuster marketing and PR war directly inspired by Sony to hide the truth: That the movie was a slapstick pile of smelly cow poo poo that totally misunderstood the original and that fact had nothing to do with the cast being women. Several movies have tried this tactic (despite it not working well) where if they shovel out a lovely movie, and people reject it, the cries of "Misogynists!!!" always fires up.

It's like they hope people in the last 5 years forgot characters like Ripley and Sarah Connor are beloved icons that everyone liked and it was never an issue, and just deflect every time they put out a terrible product that just happens to have a woman in it. I mean speaking of Star Wars, every time people go "gently caress Kathleen Kennedy, fire her rear end" you have someone defending her 'because feminism.' Yet everyone watching The Walking Dead can say 'gently caress Scott Gimple with a rusty spoon, he shouldn't clean bathrooms at the place let alone run a show' and everyone is totally cool with it. (I should note a woman has replaced him as show runner and is doing a much, much better job and.. gee.. nobody has any problem with her.)

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 4, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Facts about the Kelly Marie Tran thing:

- Not one tweet has ever been shown, anywhere, that caused her to get run off.
- She has never, even once, released a statement clarifying she left twitter because of harassment.

Yeah, about that...

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's like they hope people in the last 5 years forgot characters like Ripley and Sarah Connor are beloved icons that everyone liked and it was never an issue, and just deflect every time they put out a terrible product that just happens to have a woman in it. I mean speaking of Star Wars, every time people go "gently caress Kathleen Kennedy, fire her rear end" you have someone defending her 'because feminism.' Yet everyone watching The Walking Dead can say 'gently caress Scott Gimple with a rusty spoon, he shouldn't clean bathrooms at the place let alone run a show' and everyone is totally cool with it. (I should note a woman has replaced him as show runner and is doing a much, much better job and.. gee.. nobody has any problem with her.)

This is like how people think America isn't racist anymore because Obama was elected twice. And you're trying to tell me people don't give Angela Kang any grief? Get the gently caress out of here.

For someone who says he wants debate instead of fighting, you're really dishonest. You say argument is the way to defeat the far right, but you already dodge points and argue in bad faith ad nauseum. Can you imagine how lovely they'd be compared to you? How their fans would cry out in adoration? The idea is especially absurd when you realize that anyone who needs to see Nazis defeated in debate, that anyone who would vote Trump because of the SJWs, is bad news as is. What a fuckin knob.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I didn't keep up on the latest news, but I still won't bat an eye if it was pure Disney bullshit. Solo was the worst thing to happen to them that year and it seriously split the press coverage 50/50. But it's good to know she at least said something about it finally, it was radio silence when it happened.

Shitenshi posted:

This is like how people think America isn't racist anymore because Obama was elected twice. And you're trying to tell me people don't give Angela Kang any grief? Get the gently caress out of here.

For every 1,000 "gently caress Scott Gimple with a barbed broomstick" posts floating around the internet, I think you'll find probably 1 that levels any specific hate at Kang. And none in any mainstream place about gender. There's some great female show runners out there nobody has any problem with as far as I know.

Shitenshi posted:

For someone who says he wants debate instead of fighting, you're really dishonest. You say argument is the way to defeat the far right, but you already dodge points and argue in bad faith ad nauseum. Can you imagine how lovely they'd be compared to you? How their fans would cry out in adoration? The idea is especially absurd when you realize that anyone who needs to see Nazis defeated in debate, that anyone who would vote Trump because of the SJWs, is bad news as is. What a fuckin knob.

I really don't see how I've said anything dishonest, at all. I don't dodge points - in fact I'd say a character flaw is I reply to too many points, which ends up causing these wall-of-text posts that don't look great.

And what you don't seem to realize is a considerable amount of people, weather you like them or not, do vote Trump because of the SJWs. And if we're going to win we need a lot of those people back. I mean, you can take it from me, or you take it from alt-right fascists like Barack Obama who's condemned this incredible PC sensitivity club before and continues to speak out against it. It's losing the democrats elections. And while I fully admit I don't like the extremes of the left that doesn't mean I want loving Republicans running everything. They're as bad as ever. I guess you can say I'm a 2012 Liberal Democrat, which is a different animal from today.

On a personal note, I don't really disagree entirely with SJWs on many issues but I highly disagree with the way they deliver them and the way the worst and most dishonest tactics of the right are being utilized rather than condemned. I also view the ideology as really dangerous in that it is extremely dogmatic and prone to acting like a pitchfork wielding mob with a side of witch hunt 'I better call out as many people as I can so nobody calls out me' sprinkled in. And they want to cast anyone who's not onboard with that out and start slinging the normal three labels (nazi, alt-right, fascist) to anybody they don't like.

I hate fascists. But I see them on the right.. and the far left. I absolutely abhor censorship in all it's forms. In the 80s I hated the young republicans who wanted to moralize speech and art. In 2018 I hate the the progressive left who want to moralize speech and art. I don't give a gently caress about the ideology behind pushing it: I hate all forms of censorship. In the modern world censorship is starting to apply in places it didn't before, with monopoly tech companies and stuff like the EU internet mess. I literally got the avatar you see on the left for refusing to back down supporting free speech and was probated for not 'staying to hear why that's fascist.' I'm sorry but free speech will never, ever be a fascist attribute and gently caress anyone in the ear who wants to curtail it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 4, 2018

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Blazing Ownager posted:

I didn't keep up on the latest news, but I still won't bat an eye if it was pure Disney bullshit. Solo was the worst thing to happen to them that year and it seriously split the press coverage 50/50. But it's good to know she at least said something about it finally, it was radio silence when it happened.

For every 1,000 "gently caress Scott Gimple with a barbed broomstick" posts floating around the internet, I think you'll find probably 1 that levels any specific hate at Kang. And none in any mainstream place about gender. There's some great female show runners out there nobody has any problem with as far as I know.

I really don't see how I've said anything dishonest, at all. I don't dodge points - in fact I'd say a character flaw is I reply to too many points, which ends up causing these wall-of-text posts that don't look great.

And what you don't seem to realize is a considerable amount of people, weather you like them or not, do vote Trump because of the SJWs. And if we're going to win we need a lot of those people back. I mean, you can take it from me, or you take it from alt-right fascists like Barack Obama who's condemned this incredible PC sensitivity club before and continues to speak out against it. It's losing the democrats elections. And while I fully admit I don't like the extremes of the left that doesn't mean I want loving Republicans running everything. They're as bad as ever. I guess you can say I'm a 2012 Liberal Democrat, which is a different animal from today.

On a personal note, I don't really disagree entirely with SJWs on many issues but I highly disagree with the way they deliver them and the way the worst and most dishonest tactics of the right are being utilized rather than condemned. I also view the ideology as really dangerous in that it is extremely dogmatic and prone to acting like a pitchfork wielding mob with a side of witch hunt 'I better call out as many people as I can so nobody calls out me' sprinkled in. And they want to cast anyone who's not onboard with that out and start slinging the normal three labels (nazi, alt-right, fascist) to anybody they don't like.

I hate fascists. But I see them on the right.. and the far left. I absolutely abhor censorship in all it's forms. In the 80s I hated the young republicans who wanted to moralize speech and art. In 2018 I hate the the progressive left who want to moralize speech and art. I don't give a gently caress about the ideology behind pushing it: I hate all forms of censorship. In the modern world censorship is starting to apply in places it didn't before, with monopoly tech companies and stuff like the EU internet mess. I literally got the avatar you see on the left for refusing to back down supporting free speech and was probated for not 'staying to hear why that's fascist.' I'm sorry but free speech will never, ever be a fascist attribute and gently caress anyone in the ear who wants to curtail it.

lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So how about this cartoon show, huh?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So how about this cartoon show, huh?

Unfortunately, it brought it on itself triggering half the people in the thread

Any defense of the show as a result is going to turn into a derailed shitshow

ED: I mean literally the PC Babies are a joke on people who post here, and they're too close to see it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: I mean literally the PC Babies are a joke on people who post here, and they're too close to see it

My dude, you've written up like 10 posts and 2000 words about refugees in a thread about a comedy cartoon.

Maybe take your dumb "strong male economic migrants" opinions to DnD or something?

In South Park related content, I watched the last episode while drunk a couple of days ago and naturally can barely recall if I liked it or not, I'll give it another spin later, since I recall the Buddha Box having been an actual thing designed in the last year or so (?) for people to get some privacy and naptime in the office, and I thought it was the dumbest thing in a long time. I can't imagine this being a bad base for an episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Pretty much all of the bad posters in this South Park thread are DND rejects.

Nothing worse than the posters too lovely for DND.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My dude, you've written up like 10 posts and 2000 words about refugees in a thread about a comedy cartoon.

He had to, because of how triggered we all are!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

that chick from Star wars should have hired butters to go through her Twitter mentions to ween out all the negative stuff

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
sorry waltzing along this isn't yr fault but :gas:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

lol look at this dumb poo poo

Says the guy who is okay with gassing refugees. PS: Hillary won the popular vote in an election where most of the country didn't even vote, there are currently massive recounts going on that show the Republicans did a bunch of gerrymandering in the recent election, and Milo is now two million dollars in debt after being de-platformed to the nine and not given a chance to speak, which is especially relevant since NYU tried to bring him back into the fold recently and people stormed the poo poo out of that one to prevent it from happening. You are wrong at every level.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Shitenshi posted:

Says the guy who is okay with gassing refugees. PS: Hillary won the popular vote in an election where most of the country didn't even vote, there are currently massive recounts going on that show the Republicans did a bunch of gerrymandering in the recent election, and Milo is now two million dollars in debt after being de-platformed to the nine and not given a chance to speak, which is especially relevant since NYU tried to bring him back into the fold recently and people stormed the poo poo out of that one to prevent it from happening. You are wrong at every level.

Lol. That likes like claiming you won in football by kicking the most fields goals. SLICK GOKU BABY was right D&D rejects love infesting this thread for some reason.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Well no, you idiot, in any other country Hillary would've won for having the most votes.

But also in any other country Bernie Woulda Won soo...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ShoogaSlim posted:

that chick from Star wars should have hired butters to go through her Twitter mentions to ween out all the negative stuff

Is Butters still a character?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

1glitch0 posted:

Is Butters still a character?

Looks like the Stotch get some time this episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMFr9ejlWzs.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BexGu posted:

Yay!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BexGu posted:

Oh no, now we are "Amazon USDA Choice"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Oh no, now we are "Amazon USDA Choice"

That I don't really get, but Linda's face and "What are we then?" is priceless

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That I don't really get, but Linda's face and "What are we then?" is priceless

USDA Choice is second highest level rating for beef so Amazon is treating their customers like cattle.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BexGu posted:

USDA Choice is second highest level rating for beef so Amazon is treating their customers like cattle.

See, it's a joke! It works! It makes sense! That's all I ask of South Park. I just want three things from South Park: Jokes, Butters, and Randy.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I actually heard USPS choice and was like "awww now they are going to be waiting for FOREVER for package" but Amazon USDA Choice works al ot better.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shitenshi posted:

Says the guy who is okay with gassing refugees.

I ask again, seriously, what you would do in this scenario: You are border security. You are outnumbered like 20:1. Hundreds of people begin to bum rush you hurling rocks and leaping fences and trying to sprint through your line. What the gently caress are you supposed to do?

Calling them refugees is really, really disingenuous. That does not conjure images of riots and angry mobs brute-forcing their way through things. Nobody would have loving gassed them (like we do our own citizens in a riot) if they had, you know, not started a loving riot. This is such an attempt to sugar coat it hurts.

Shitenshi posted:

Milo is now two million dollars in debt after being de-platformed to the nine and not given a chance to speak, which is especially relevant since NYU tried to bring him back into the fold recently and people stormed the poo poo out of that one to prevent it from happening.

You guys are really obsessed with that douchebag. Not only that, you think you ended his career instead of, you know, people just getting sick the gently caress of him which is what happened.

I say this because every single other person they tried to done this to seems to be doing just fine. One guy's career you didn't like went down in flames, and the antifa crowd really, really, really wants to take credit for it instead of things like 'lack of charisma' and 'disliked by everyone.' Say nothing of a bunch of college kids repeating the same 10 slogans over and over while acting like literal children blaring sounds and going 'I can't hear you' does more damage to the left than a thousand Milos can do.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ah, and the endless cycle continues. People write stupid poo poo about "refugees" while getting angry at the show for slighting them. I defend the show and get 20 posts of crazed posters screaming like we're out there dropping VX on orphanages. If I don't reply to those 20 posts everyone starts back slapping and going 'Look he couldn't say anything guess we're awesome.' If I do, then well, you end up writing several posts to reply to huge number of originals, and then you write too much.

Long story short the options seem to be conform and submit to the ideology or shut up. It's like the famous wargames quote, "The only way to win is not to play" but I guess we all lose together.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Blazing Ownager posted:

There are many PC babies in this thread that are easily offended or can't take a joke. You are a person that thinks gassing refugees is okay and there's a conspiracy to use toxic masculinity as an excuse for Solo bombing at the box office.

One is worse than the other.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doltos posted:

There are many PC babies in this thread that are easily offended or can't take a joke. You are a person that thinks gassing refugees is okay and there's a conspiracy to use toxic masculinity as an excuse for Solo bombing at the box office.

One is worse than the other.

1: Using tear gas in a riot is okay, and it was clearly an out of control riot.

2: Hollywood executives are laughing at every puppet they can make dance on their strings by hurling terms around like 'toxic masculinity' which makes people shut off their brains and defend their inferior crappy products. Blame Sony, they were the real pioneers in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Please shut the gently caress up already.