Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Ariong posted:

Congratulations Fallout thread on 20000 posts of lols

lmao these nerds posting about a game they don't like :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

SwitchbladeKult posted:

What's so strange is Bethesda didn't even manage to make the cash shop compelling. I'm still sitting on the 3,000 atoms I earned for free in game because nothing is even remotely interesting. How do they expect to make any money on the cash shop if the things they are selling are so bland players can't even be bothered to get it for free?

So much this!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Podunkian posted:

when you think of shag carpet you thinking nice, pillowy, fluffy carpeting that might be interesting to use to decorate your trash house right??

$6

this is not an isolated shot of it looking bad. it's truly just a bad monochrome texture that sits on a completely flat surface with no height/normal/parallax mapping whatsoever.

edit:

6$ textures is very loving funny

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Some of the power armor skins are $18 bucks. It's not even new skins, it's skins from fallout 4 that came in a bundle with other stuff in a dlc.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am waiting for Skyrim 76. I will buy the Fortnite dance there. Fus ro dah!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Zzulu posted:

What in all of tarnation

You paid for the merchandise why should you be "thankful" lol

Stockholm Syndrome vis a vis Capitalism.

Well said, I agree - The Glow owned in terms of atmosphere. The looming invisible terror of radiation poisoning combined with the eerie music made the whole experience quietly terrifying. The horror atmosphere of Diablo 1 versus the action fantasy elements of Diablo 2 is why I prefer the former to the latter too.

Sometimes the scariest monsters in horror movies are the ones we rarely or never see but get our minds to imagine the terror and do the heavy lifting.

E: https://youtu.be/KRBt_AMbysY

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 4, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tei posted:

Okay, but you missunderstood my post. I was answering a dude asking if a bug can be subjetive, and the answer is yes. It was not about the fragility of the client they made.

Crashing to desktop is actually a feature because it stops you from playing a poo poo rear end game

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3-FU2ZLvVo

Yowza.

E: 2/10

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Bugs are pretty much objective, tho? Like, if the code doesn't do what the programmer intended, that's a bug, even if it turns out to do something cool and get adopted into an actual feature.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Thalantos posted:

Bugs are pretty much objective, tho? Like, if the code doesn't do what the programmer intended, that's a bug, even if it turns out to do something cool and get adopted into an actual feature.

My original point was that apparently, some people have had a huge amount of disconnects and crashes, while I'm just about to hit level 50 and I've still only seen two DCs and a crash on close. In a sense, it's almost subjective to say whether the game is -particularly- buggy for an open world and even multiplayer in this case, game, or you just got unlucky.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No objectively the game has a ton of bugs this has been shown in reviews and in other critical pieces. Anecdotally you have not encountered them. Just because you got lucky that doesnt change reality

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Is that the old voice over guy from the now-defunct GameTrailers website? I liked his voice.

Also, I'm really scratching my head over people defending this game and company so vociferously. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck - or, in this case, plays and runs like a mod in alpha state for a bootleg copy of Fallout 4 created by the mentally-challenged rather than a $60 USD retail-priced finalized video game made by an ostensibly AAA developer, complete with microtransactions on top of this poo poo sundae.

Like, I don't get it at all. :psyduck: Is it a sunk cost fallacy or something?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 4, 2018

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

ZeusCannon posted:

No objectively the game has a ton of bugs this has been shown in reviews and in other critical pieces. Anecdotally you have not encountered them. Just because you got lucky that doesnt change reality

Soo someone else's subjective opinion?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Crashing to desktop is actually a feature because it stops you from playing a poo poo rear end game

What? you can't be more wrong. Crash to desktop is a critical bug.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Pararoid posted:

I don't think you understand what words mean.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Pararoid posted:

What the heck? This is some of the most disengenuous poo poo I've ever seen.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ermac = cool bug
Crashing to desktop = bad bug

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Pararoid posted:

fuckin lmao

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Is that the old voice over guy from the now-defunct GameTrailers website? I liked his voice.

Yeah, Easy Allies consists of former GameTrailers staff and they make really solid reviews.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
If being lucky or unlucky has anything to do with crashing to desktop, something has gone horribly wrong.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

If being lucky or unlucky has anything to do with crashing to desktop, something has gone horribly wrong.

That's just, like, your opinion man.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
*steeples fingers and in a very pararoid voice* what if I told u bugs are features and in fact by it's very nature a subjective thing *opens bottle of own preserved fart and inhales deeply

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

The looming invisible terror of radiation poisoning combined with the eerie music made the whole experience quietly terrifying.

I just noticed last night this game has a sound track, if you turn off all the radios this game plays music, it's weird, who plays a fallout game without the radio or else on mute. Is it reused music from another game or did they make it just for this?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, Easy Allies consists of former GameTrailers staff and they make really solid reviews.

Sweet, I didn't hear of Easy Allies until now. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Well my Ford Pinto hasn't cooked me to death yet, so maybe the real defect lies with you

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I just noticed last night this game has a sound track, if you turn off all the radios this game plays music, it's weird, who plays a fallout game without the radio or else on mute. Is it reused music from another game or did they make it just for this?

I got tired of all the old timey music years ago. I can't imagine people play the game listening to atom bomb baby a million times.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

CharlestonJew posted:

Well my Ford Pinto hasn't cooked me to death yet, so maybe the real defect lies with you

i got my first bone in this car, gently caress anyone saying it’s broken

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tenzarin posted:

I got tired of all the old timey music years ago. I can't imagine people play the game listening to atom bomb baby a million times.

I'm that guy. It's weird there's no DJ for the station though. They could have either just not had the radio station as a location or made the DJ a robot like every other loving NPC in the game.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pararoid posted:

No loving way

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tenzarin posted:

Like 90% of the experiance of fallout is bongo bongo bongo playing nonstop, or turning all the radio and playing pandora or a podcast or something else, I never till last night actually thought to walk around with the radio off and no other audio playing and to actually notice the game actually has an independent sound track.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vanellope von Schweetz is a glitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0rC_zc-r0

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm that guy. It's weird there's no DJ for the station though. They could have either just not had the radio station as a location or made the DJ a robot like every other loving NPC in the game.

Soo that's your subjective opinion

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Like 90% of the experiance of fallout is bongo bongo bongo playing nonstop, or turning all the radio and playing pandora or a podcast or something else, I never till last night actually thought to walk around with the radio off and no other audio playing and to actually notice the game actually has an independent sound track.

Nah I prefer the atmospheric music, I like coming across the odd radio playing because it adds a bit of character and levity, but I never have the radio on.

Fallout 76’s music is bizarrely good and apparently made just for the game? It’s consistently spooky and sad anyway.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pararoid posted:

Gun Violence is not a problem in America because I have never been shot!!!!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Jose Oquendo posted:

They have a Raider Radio hosted by Rose but it doesn't play music. It is just the DJ lines back to back. I have no idea why they didn't put any music in there. Clearly it is supposed to.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Asphyxious posted:

Nah I prefer the atmospheric music, I like coming across the odd radio playing because it adds a bit of character and levity, but I never have the radio on.

Fallout 76’s music is bizarrely good and apparently made just for the game? It’s consistently spooky and sad anyway.

There was clearly some effort put into parts of the game. The designs of the new monsters are really cool but the never really use them. It is just scorched and super mutants forever. The map is also full of neat set pieces and stuff to explore but many are unpopulated. You know there is a giant crab that uses a bus as a shell? There are also giant bees with bee hives on their back that shoot swarms of normal bees. There is also a city that has been thrust 100+ feet into the air by morale trees but there is nothing really up there. The music is great but wasted on this empty game. This all combined really cements my suspicion that Bethesda Austin ran out of time to develop systems surviving to this game and just left in all the Fallout 4 placeholders and said it was good enough to ship.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SwitchbladeKult posted:

They have a Raider Radio hosted by Rose but it doesn't play music. It is just the DJ lines back to back. I have no idea why they didn't put any music in there. Clearly it is supposed to.

Probably a bug where its not referencing the files right so it just keeps chugging through dj lines. Also thats pretty funny

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Maintenance. Patch should be available when it's done.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-is-sending-out-replacements-for-fallout-76s-n-1830833935

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ermac = cool bug
Ermac does not exist

I mean, he does in the later Mortal Kombat games because the rumors about him were so popular and they had to come up with a name for their red ninja character, but he was never in the original. Even if there was a glitch that swapped Scorpion's palette to red as the rumor suggested, it wouldn't have anything to do with the "ermacs" (error macros) counter on the MK arcade machine's audit menu as that is just a diagnostic thing that doesn't even function. :eng101: