Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I stole a Diet Coke from Celine Dion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
...huh?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was working on people at a hotel and the upstage kitchen was covered in Celine Deion posters and the fridge said Celine’s on it. It was packed with drinks and she wasn’t there at the time cause she was still in Las Vegas but it’s a place they stay at when groups or singers come to practice so I’m pretty sure I drank a Diet Coke of hers with a pizza

Edit: the pizza I paid for

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Nov 20, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm apparently really good at writing Mandarin characters and also deciphering them (I have no clue about Mandarin whatsoever). Me and some people were watching some Chinese translation of a show and trying to emulate wtf the text streaming at the top said and I figured out real fast it was just peoples comments and reactions and no one else could even write a crossing line, using google translate. I also somehow figured out that they typed 2 characters real close to say "fan" as in "this is a fan translation." We were watching a show blocked in America but is in English, that's why we were doing it. I also then wrote down for myself how to write it in Mandarin so I can watch more episodes :ninja:

Everyone's always said I'm good at languages but drat I picked that up quick; and I'm recognizing characters and grammar already :psyduck:

I mean I'm having a really lovely day and I know I'm boasting and feel horrible for it but it's loving weird how quick I picked up on it when other people were like "wtf are these lines?" while trying to write them in google translate.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Nov 21, 2018

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Adderall works for my ADD. Finally at 21 years of not getting help I'm finally working and functioning like a normal human being.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
After only dieting for a full week so far I've saved a lot of money that normally goes on snacks. Between that and the gym it's like I'm selling my fat to the universe for money. :P

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Awesome Thanksgiving weekend. Dinner came out great, I had a lot of time to relax, and my wife got me Octopath Traveler for my birthday.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's really dumb, but at work today someone said over the radio "We sent Santa home." and I lost it. I'm still laughing over it. He didn't do anything wrong, there just wasn't any place for him to do photos because his building was closed for a special event. But it's not a sentence you hear used in earnest very often and it amused me greatly.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Got my uni results back and Inqiled my final subject just pushing me over the threshold required to graduate with Second Class Honours Division A, and I'm employed in my field even before my graduation day!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My appetite seems to have returned! Just a matter of seeing if I can keep my food down now...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

It's a cold, damp day. But it's okay, because the office cafeteria has clam chowder. We also get free snacks in the break room, and today they have oyster crackers. They've never had oyster crackers.

Clam chowder with a dash of tabasco and a bunch of oyster crackers is a mega comfort food for me. :feelsgood:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Hahahahaha these loving neighbors above me that I've been complaining about for 2+ years who drill and hammer at random hours, many times at 2 or 4 am, have been at it with a HAMMER drill for the first time today. Starting at 11 am when I woke up. I heard them yell WOO! Cause I guess they could finally get through the hardest parts of the walls. They're not building furniture cause they were just walking around the apartment drilling holes randomly. I guess they just like making holes in walls or something.

Anyways quiet hours start at 5pm and I'm (obviously) not the only neighbor upset cause at 5:02 I hear the guy YELLING into his phone about "as residents blah blah blah" obviously at the poor front desk person. But hahahahaha. They're gonna get a $250+ fine due to what I am sure are multiple multiple complaints and they loving deserve it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

My adderall is helping me with add. I hope this will lead to me getting some therapy and getting some more help with my disorders.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Technically yesterday.

Didn't think I would have sex. But then had sex.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm staying at a really beautiful inn that's like 20 mins away from my house because we get so busy during the holidays I can't really take off to travel. It's a two story apartment that's from the mid 1700s and it's gorgeous, the staff is excellent and so if the breakfast which is free. This is our last night here but I've loved the 3 days we had. Me and the BF are in the cottage style apartment to the right attached to the building

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thin Privilege posted:

Technically yesterday.

Didn't think I would have sex. But then had sex.

Nice

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Thought car repairs were gonna take forever and be super expensive. Ended up taking about an hour and being fairly cheap. :woop:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

More like yessexfull (I know you're sick of this joke so I tried to change it up a little)

Anyways I GOT A loving JOB!!! It's trash menial work but :10bux:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

More like yessexfull (I know you're sick of this joke so I tried to change it up a little)

between bonetown and gainful employment, seems like everything's comin' up TP

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

:yotj: Gainful employment!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Had frozen custard for the first time ever (despite it being like 30 degrees out). It's great!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm getting paid time off this whole weekend and get to spend it playing with a pair of adorable dogs and watching cable. My blood pressure hasn't been this low all week.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just doubled my usual treadmill time at the gym, although it meant it was all I did this session.

I usually do 10 minutes at 9.0 kilometers per hour. This time, same speed but 20 full minutes. Didn't get a stitch til the last 40 seconds, so ran 2.9km in one shot.

Nice to know I can, but I'm not gonna make a habit of it though.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

Just doubled my usual treadmill time at the gym, although it meant it was all I did this session.

I usually do 10 minutes at 9.0 kilometers per hour. This time, same speed but 20 full minutes. Didn't get a stitch til the last 40 seconds, so ran 2.9km in one shot.

Nice to know I can, but I'm not gonna make a habit of it though.

Well done, man!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I fixed my PC not recognizing my TV, or the other way around, idk. By lugging my ancient other tv in, plugging it in, and that magically fixed everything. goddamn machines

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I fixed my laptop so it now registers my headsets.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

A woman approached my coworker and asked him if he was single, for a friend. He wasn't, and the woman said "oh man too bad, my friend thinks you're really cute". Another coworker, who is gay, mentions he's also gay, amd woman says "Oh we know."

I just thought it was so adorable. :3:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

- Survived my gallbladder surgery yesterday and slept great tonight!
- Got my final grade in and I aced my intermediate algebra class, which is a HUGE relief (I thought I'd get like, a C or maybe a B at best)

:toot: :toot: :toot:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I won a Fire TV Stick in an office raffle! :toot:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I graduated!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Megabound posted:

I graduated!

Heck yeah!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Megabound posted:

I graduated!

Congrats!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Queen Combat posted:

MORE
OLD
JOB
LESS

I don't think I've ever not laughed at one of these.

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm apparently really good at writing Mandarin characters and also deciphering them (I have no clue about Mandarin whatsoever). Me and some people were watching some Chinese translation of a show and trying to emulate wtf the text streaming at the top said and I figured out real fast it was just peoples comments and reactions and no one else could even write a crossing line, using google translate. I also somehow figured out that they typed 2 characters real close to say "fan" as in "this is a fan translation." We were watching a show blocked in America but is in English, that's why we were doing it. I also then wrote down for myself how to write it in Mandarin so I can watch more episodes :ninja:

Everyone's always said I'm good at languages but drat I picked that up quick; and I'm recognizing characters and grammar already :psyduck:

I mean I'm having a really lovely day and I know I'm boasting and feel horrible for it but it's loving weird how quick I picked up on it when other people were like "wtf are these lines?" while trying to write them in google translate.

You should totally learn Mandarin, it's a cool language. If you're that good at picking up characters, you'll love it.

As for me, my dad made it through an almost nine-hour surgery to remove a tumor from his lung. Apparently the surgery went well and the tumor was about the size the doctors had expected. He was still sedated when I saw him, but his vitals were stable and they said he'd probably be extubated some time tomorrow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My mom has been worrying about her health for a long time and also about social security because due to her job she had for a long time, she didn't qualify for very good SS benefits compared to what she's going to need until she qualifies for medicare in a few years, but needs to get some sort of income and taking disability would have completely jacked her social security benefits for life. But she went to discuss it with an agent at their office and discovered she is eligible for an elevated amount due to her former marriage with my dad being long enough that it combines a portion of his with hers(without reducing what he gets himself), which makes the amount nearly one and a half times what she would get if she only applied for her own right now. If she waits another month it increases by a further 5% a month, too, so when she does that she should not have to constantly be panicking about making ends meet like she's been for many months ever since she lost her job. She's pretty ecstatic, and so am I. She might even be able to save a little bit of money now to fix stuff that needs it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Weighed myself at the gym again - I'm down to an even 84kg, so I've lost 5.8kg in total since I started going. While my remaining fat does still scrunch together and feel more than it is when I'm sat down, when stood up it's clear that the layers are getting thinner, and I can feel actual muscles developing in my stomache area, it's feeling a lot more solid. I got concerned for a bit because the body fat % readings were all over the place, but I looked them up and found out they are known to be wildly inaccurate, so I've stopped getting those readings.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

While I still have a lot of doubt about my own performance at my new job the people I work with are all really cool people. One of my coworkers booked an escape room thing and invited me and some others and it was a ton of fun. A huge difference from my normal Saturday afternoons where I just sit in front of my computer.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Got the xmas tree all set up and also made fudge :toot:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My toddler daughter had a play-date with another girl her age and they had a really fun time! They painted together, and it was really cute.

biosterous posted:

Got the xmas tree all set up and also made fudge :toot:

I love making fudge! I made red velvet fudge for a friend of mine because he's always there for me.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

My fiance and I made a plan for the future that cuts out a ton of unnecessary work bullshit while making our future life a lot simpler and happier and more awesome. His mom also tried giving us his grandparents' wedding rings-- they didn't fit but it was a really cool gesture anyway.

On top of that I ordered a really nice jacket form Amazon and it's perfect. Since the company has weird sizes I didn't expect it to fit but it does!

It was a really happy day all around and I'm thankful for these people who love my crazy rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I discovered that Lost Tapes is on Amazon Prime, Lucifer is on Netflix, and a bunch of political stuff happened that pissed off conservatives. And then I had chicken wraps for dinner. It was a good day.