Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

It'd be cool if someone ran for president who wasn't a thousand years old, imo.

Yup, I can’t even muster any anger to respond to the Bernie Vs Hillary slapfights anymore. By 2020 both are too old for my tastes and fighting about 2016 just doesn’t do it for me. Someone like Klobuchar/etc on the other hand...

Edit: Phone posting. Can anyone cover my tax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

e: ^^^ gotcha

Captain Snaps posted:

Please explain this. Of the two candidates, only one of them had a stranglehold on the DNC for support.

lol or we could not re-litigate this primary again and anyone curious could just scroll back to like... every fifth page of the thread

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hellblazer187 posted:

Maybe he did. It didn't feel like it at the time, but I was pissy because I backed Clinton and I thought Sanders was unfair. The perception may be colored by how bad the fight seemed at the time. The point is I'm not really a huge fan of Bernie the guy, although I've moved over to his positions on the issues, and I'd have supported him in 2016 if he won and I will support him in 2020 if he wins.

I take "blue no matter who" seriously and it's seriously infuriating to see someone in the professional class walk that back the minute it might mean a 5% tax increase for them. It has to go both ways if it's going to work at all.

You should probably finish pulling the head out of your rear end and divorce your petty rear end feelings from the reality of the situation. The only person who got did dirty in the primary was Bernie. And more Bernie voters voted for Hillary than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in 2008. Your feelings are wildly misplaced.

quote:

No. I'm not going to get into relitigating the 2016 primary. I'm not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine. I thought Sanders was unfair two years ago and I will still vote for him for President if he is the nominee for 2020. That's the point.

:rolleyes:

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 4, 2018

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Snaps posted:

Please explain this. Of the two candidates, only one of them had a stranglehold on the DNC for support.

No. I'm not going to get into relitigating the 2016 primary. I'm not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine. I thought Sanders was unfair two years ago and I will still vote for him for President if he is the nominee for 2020. That's the point.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

TulliusCicero posted:

Born to Deal
China is a gently caress
I am Tariff Man
Kill'em All 2018
410,757,864,530 DEAD FARMERS

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Retro42 posted:

Yup, I can’t even muster any anger to respond to the Bernie Vs Hillary slapfights anymore. By 2020 both are too old for my tastes
If the dems are stupid enough to put Hillary against Trump again in 2020 then I don't even know anymore.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Retro42 posted:

Yup, I can’t even muster any anger to respond to the Bernie Vs Hillary slapfights anymore. By 2020 both are too old for my tastes and fighting about 2016 just doesn’t do it for me. Someone like Klobuchar/etc on the other hand...

Edit: Phone posting. Can anyone cover my tax?

Yeah, it's not even really ageism or anything, it would just be nice to have someone who has actual skin in the game.

Here's your tax:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

DrNutt posted:

You should probably finish pulling the head out of your rear end and divorce your petty rear end feelings from the reality of the situation.

What does this even mean

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Agree to disagree" goes right up there with "Tiny War" lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Maybe he did. It didn't feel like it at the time, but I was pissy because I backed Clinton and I thought Sanders was unfair. The perception may be colored by how bad the fight seemed at the time. The point is I'm not really a huge fan of Bernie the guy, although I've moved over to his positions on the issues, and I'd have supported him in 2016 if he won and I will support him in 2020 if he wins.

I take "blue no matter who" seriously and it's seriously infuriating to see someone in the professional class walk that back the minute it might mean a 5% tax increase for them. It has to go both ways if it's going to work at all.

Most leftists absolutely saw this coming and expect zero loyalty from the 'professional class'. See also donut twitter.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

yall following this Wisconsin bill thing, it's the craziest loving thing I've ever seen

they're gonna abolish the Soliciter General's office and replace it by private firms paid by their legislature

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Look up in the sky!
Is it a tax?
Is it a fee?
NO! It's TARIFF MAN!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

and lol

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/1069464361700376576

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sir Lemming posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069970500535902208

Tariff Man, Tariff Man
Tariffs don't work like he thinks they can

I'd like to congratulate our president on no longer being a skin man. He always wished he wasn't

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

eke out posted:

e: ^^^ gotcha

lol or we could not re-litigate this primary again and anyone curious could just scroll back to like... every fifth page of the thread

Sorry, you are right. But unfair?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, it's not even really ageism or anything, it would just be nice to have someone who has actual skin in the game.

it would be nice to have someone in charge that expects to be around in 20-30 years when, as things are going right now, our climate will be so bad that it destroys the entire modern world order

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

People wonder how this poo poo escalates to violence. This is how

Edit: I will never stop relitigating the primary whenever someone comes around with the anti-Bernie poo poo. He was a goddamn saint through the entire process and gently caress anyone that claims otherwise.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

If the dems are stupid enough to put Hillary against Trump again in 2020 then I don't even know anymore.

Nominating Biden is Hillary Clinton levels of stupid and it's frankly terrifying since he's obviously the favorite of influencial people who don't really care if Trump wins.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Most leftists absolutely saw this coming and expect zero loyalty from the 'professional class'. See also donut twitter.

Yeah. It pisses me off cause I thought lefties were unfair when they posted that meme at me in 2016. No-sir, no we don't! We just disagree about how to get there and!

But then here we are and it's at the very least true of some liberals.

Edit: I do think it's pretty hilarious that I come in with "I don't really like the guy but I support his positions and will vote for him" and people crawl out of the woodwork to demand an explanation for me not liking the guy. I think I hate liberals and leftists, but I hate fascists worse.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hellblazer187 posted:

What does this even mean

It means you have zero actual reason to think anything ill of Bernie because of 2016, and yet you are just clinging to an irrational grudge and telling us all how dumb and irrational you are about it? Even after coming around on his policy positions?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Radish posted:

Nominating Biden is Hillary Clinton levels of stupid and it's frankly terrifying.

Nah I think he could win. I just don't think he's what we need. But I mean, I'd take him over Trumpy

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

See, he wasn't a monster that killed thousands through his negligence, he made stinky armpit jokes!

LOL! Kill me! LOL!

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

At this point I’m less worried about who the Dems run than I am about a potential “centrist” challenger to Trump like Kasich. Our country is dumb enough they would eat that bullshit right up and give him 60% of the vote in the name of :decorum:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Remember Righter?
https://mobile.twitter.com/wearerighter/status/1069743151408144384
https://mobile.twitter.com/wearerighter/status/1069320547908182017
https://twitter.com/wearerighter/status/1048617269901889536
https://twitter.com/wearerighter/status/1069758255746965504

Well

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1069964552232673282

quote:

Righter, which launches later this month, is meant as an amorous safe space, but only for those who back the president. If you’re a liberal, Righter might actually sue you if you try to join. “I have a very nice legal team that will be handling that,” founder Christy Edwards Lawton said. “This is zero tolerance.”

Righter users are not allowed to hide their age or photoshop their pictures, leaving people at risk of being kicked off the site for altering their images.
“Females make themselves look different, younger, thinner, better,” Lawton said.

“That’s not going to happen on our app.” Lawton, a former banker from Wyoming, said she was inspired to create Righter after hearing stories of female conservatives being rejected on mainstream platforms because of their political beliefs.
“I kept hearing repeatedly how they kept getting swiped left on and couldn’t even get a date.”

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

DrNutt posted:

It means you have zero actual reason to think anything ill of Bernie because of 2016, and yet you are just clinging to an irrational grudge and telling us all how dumb and irrational you are about it? Even after coming around on his policy positions?

Oh. Well, if that's how you feel, you should probably finish pulling the head out of your rear end and divorce your petty rear end feelings from the reality of the situation. Because apparently those words, when strung together, mean something.

Why is it important to you that I personally like Senator Bernie Sanders?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Nah I think he could win. I just don't think he's what we need. But I mean, I'd take him over Trumpy

Him winning is pushing back fascism for MAYBE four years, two if he decides to play the bipartisan game with the inevitable Republican Congress after the mid terms in 2022. Everything he says and has done indicates his solutions will be to push austerity and kiss rear end to finance after the coming economic collapse which is just going to strengthen the hard right and demoralize everyone else. THATS what's so terrifying about him. He would be ushering in someone that makes Trump look like the joke he is.

Retro42 posted:

At this point I’m less worried about who the Dems run than I am about a potential “centrist” challenger to Trump like Kasich. Our country is dumb enough they would eat that bullshit right up and give him 60% of the vote in the name of :decorum:

That guy has to get through the Republican primary. Trump is still the big man in a party that worships authoritarianism and anyone that goes against him would be crushed. The idea that people want bipartisanship as a goal and weak rear end centrists of either party is just a dream of pundits that love the status quo.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 4, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

:females:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Lemming posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069970500535902208

Tariff Man, Tariff Man
Tariffs don't work like he thinks they can

More like Soy Boy

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dad Jokes posted:

*trump cuts food regulations for no reason*

*food poisoning outbreaks skyrocket*

Wow, what a weird coincidence.

This never gets old. Republicans poo poo on "big government" and regulations only for poo poo to get hosed because they deregulated it. All of those fuckers should be served that tainted bullshit ala the ending of Sahara

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Almost kind of makes me want to join and catfish someone.

Almost.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Sounds like a goon rush waiting to happen.

Friendbot LLC does not condone any and all action against a site servicing a group of dateless, sexless, hate-filled, fearmongers. In other words....wait. Stop. Don't go.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Let me tell you how I think it be
You'll pay for stuff we get for free
'Cause I'm the Tariff Man
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

If soybean exports get too small
I'll pay you back with bigly wall
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

If you drive a car (I'll tariff steel)
If you try to eat (I'll tariff veal)
If you play football (I'll tariff kneel)
If you try to read (Art Of The Deal)
Tariff Man!

Don't tell me how a tariff works
You're just a bunch of jealous jerks
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

Now my advice for those with pre-existing conditions
You're screwed
Yeah, I'm the Tariff Man

And my administration is no one but me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ah yes the "wage gap isn't real" "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" guys are definitely the type to pay on a date.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
USPOL Winter:

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I will never stop relitigating the primary

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hellblazer187 posted:

Oh. Well, if that's how you feel, you should probably finish pulling the head out of your rear end and divorce your petty rear end feelings from the reality of the situation. Because apparently those words, when strung together, mean something.

Why is it important to you that I personally like Senator Bernie Sanders?

Because you're basically a Fox news grandpa repeating poo poo that's not true. And then when called out on it you fall back on to "I don't care what the facts are, I just feel that way." It's okay for you to learn things and change your opinions accordingly. I mean, hey, look, you don't have to like Bernie Sanders but when you are confronted with the fact that all of the reasons you supposedly didn't like him are demonstrably, provably false, and THEN you say you still don't like him it's a weird look. It's a really weird perspective to take.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

ah yes the "wage gap isn't real" "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" guys are definitely the type to pay on a date.

And are definitely the type to expect sex as a reward for doing so

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Radish posted:

Him winning is pushing back fascism for MAYBE four years, two if he decides to play the bipartisan game with the inevitable Republican Congress after the mid terms in 2022. Everything he says and has done indicates his solutions will be to push austerity and kiss rear end to finance after the coming economic collapse which is just going to strengthen the hard right and demoralize everyone else. THATS what's so terrifying about him. He would be ushering in someone that makes Trump look like the joke he is

It honestly doesn't matter who the Dem ends up running. Whoever it is will have two years of a (hopefully super) majority that they will need to use to bust rear end actually doing poo poo that better's people's lives. Basically the Dems will have exactly that much time to prove they are what people want.

I do not envy the next Dem to take office. They will have a lot of damage to undo to contend with, along with an absolute requirement to make average people's lives better.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Radish posted:

That guy has to get through the Republican primary. Trump is still the big man in a party that worships authoritarianism and anyone that goes against him would be crushed. The idea that people want bipartisanship as a goal and weak rear end centrists of either party is just a dream of pundits that love the status quo.

The point is that anyone who becomes the GOP nominee is just another horrible authoritarian/theocrat. I’m just personally fighting the panic of Pence/Kasich/etc getting the nom because Trump for whatever reason doesn’t. That and my complete lack of faith in the American people to recognize that person for what they are after 4 years of Trump.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

SHARIA LAW SCHOOL posted:

And are definitely the type to expect sex as a reward for doing so

I bet they make a big show of doing things like pulling out chairs and opening doors, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

drat.

Read how eloquent and intelligent this retired 90+ year old man is compared to the loving constant drool we get out of our president. How the gently caress can there be such a intellectual divide in Washington.