Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

My black cat is named Ivan, because he looked like a little bear cub as a kitten, and Ivan seemed like a good name for a bear.

Thats adorable! My first black cat, I named Midnight as a child.

Now I have a black cat named Walt because I am a Stephen King nerd. And my Mau is named Phillip because it is a Mighty Boosh reference. "Look at Phillip, he's the one on the left!"

Don't let me name things.

Also shout out to Dingell. He continues to be an American treasure :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Righter is just going to end up like that Ashley Madison site and be full of only men and catfish bots.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Isn't this like the 4th tinder-for-chuds variants that they've tried to spin up?

Can't imagine why someone with abhorrent beliefs would have trouble finding a date, must be those drat libs!!!!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crow Jane posted:

I bet they make a big show of doing things like pulling out chairs and opening doors, too

Yo I do this for women without really thinking about it because I was just raised that way. Is this bad?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/tcgohawks/status/1068263610302906368

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Yo I do this for women without really thinking about it because I was just raised that way. Is this bad?

i do it for anyone because i'm canadian and not doing it causes me physical pain

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Retro42 posted:

The point is that anyone who becomes the GOP nominee is just another horrible authoritarian/theocrat. I’m just personally fighting the panic of Pence/Kasich/etc getting the nom because Trump for whatever reason doesn’t. That and my complete lack of faith in the American people to recognize that person for what they are after 4 years of Trump.

They're going to treat Trump like an anomaly instead of exactly what Republicans have believed for years.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL if you don't dine and dash

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Til China buys our soybeans and I find
It's not the foreigners that pay the toll
Oh no no no
I'm a Tariff Man

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I bet you do, Tom, I bet you do.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
How the hell would they enforce it anyway. The tiny print Terms and Conditions?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've never dated a conservative, but I gave a Republican co-worker a ride home once, and when we stopped for gas he insisted on pumping it, because, and I quote, "no woman is gonna pump her own gas while I'm around". Didn't mind me paying for it, of course. I avoided him after that.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i choose to brexit from their EULA

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kammat posted:

How the hell would they enforce it anyway. The tiny print Terms and Conditions?

I think they are trying to scare away trolls without understanding this is exactly the kind of poo poo they get off on

Crow Jane posted:

I've never dated a conservative, but I gave a Republican co-worker a ride home once, and when we stopped for gas he insisted on pumping it, because, and I quote, "no woman is gonna pump her own gas while I'm around". Didn't mind me paying for it, of course. I avoided him after that.

Oh yeah, I just do the stuff, I don't make a big deal about it. I'd have asked if you wanted me to pump.

Ok I feel better

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

If you drive a car (I'll tariff steel)
If you try to eat (I'll tariff veal)
If you play football (I'll tariff kneel)
If you try to read (Art Of The Deal)
Tariff Man!

:golfclap: yes yes yes

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dad Jokes posted:

Isn't this like the 4th tinder-for-chuds variants that they've tried to spin up?

Can't imagine why someone with abhorrent beliefs would have trouble finding a date, must be those drat libs!!!!

Should just be a redirect to russianbrides.com

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Because you're basically a Fox news grandpa repeating poo poo that's not true. And then when called out on it you fall back on to "I don't care what the facts are, I just feel that way." It's okay for you to learn things and change your opinions accordingly. I mean, hey, look, you don't have to like Bernie Sanders but when you are confronted with the fact that all of the reasons you supposedly didn't like him are demonstrably, provably false, and THEN you say you still don't like him it's a weird look. It's a really weird perspective to take.

He was mathematically eliminated after NY but hung on. He continued to talk about a rigged democratic primary, which is false and has apparently infected you with brain worms because you're still saying he was "done dirty" or whatever.

Yes, it so happens that when you are in a fight against someone you develop personal ill will towards them. Adults are able to put personal ill will to the side to work together for a common goal. Would you like more lessons in basic human interaction, you dork?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

No, it's fine, I'm a woman and I do it too. Having good manners is good, making a show out of it is terrible.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

haveblue posted:

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Til China buys our soybeans and I find
It's not the foreigners that pay the toll
Oh no no no
I'm a Tariff Man

Tariff Man!
Shittin' in my pants up here on stage.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hold the door for everyone regardless of gender

pulling people's chairs out gets you a lot of weird looks though because it's so unusual these days and takes a fair bit of planning/staging

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So will the people of WI actually act to stop the GOP power grab, or will the "go on a march / show up to a protest for a bit and go home, and forget about it" stuff that seems to be the only "action" we get here in my super blue state be the best they muster? How badly are the courts there packed for the GOP, and will they allow it? I'd love to hear more from our goons on the ground there, because to my mind, this is the type of thing that cannot stand. How far are the people there willing to go?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

They haven't "failed" to cover it. They're not covering it on purpose because they're all center-right organizations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I hold doors open for everybody. Why only women?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Lumpy posted:

So will the people of WI actually act to stop the GOP power grab, or will the "go on a march / show up to a protest for a bit and go home, and forget about it" stuff that seems to be the only "action" we get here in my super blue state be the best they muster? How badly are the courts there packed for the GOP, and will they allow it? I'd love to hear more from our goons on the ground there, because to my mind, this is the type of thing that cannot stand. How far are the people there willing to go?

Maybe I’m just cynical about the state but I fully expect the GOP there to pass whatever they need to at 1am and have Walker sign it at 1:15. Dems will make the required amount of noise but ultimately nothing will change the outcome.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1069991491710406659

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Trump liked this:
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1069811169010089984

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my favorite story from one of those "republicans can't get a date" articles was the guy who admitted he had to keep his politics a secret to ever get laid. my dude maybe reconsider your beliefs???

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

They're practically begging to be overtaken by the left.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hellblazer187 posted:

I hold doors open for everybody. Why only women?

No I hold em open for everyone. I only date women generally, so they are the ones that get the chair treatment, and really only at nice places

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sir Lemming posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069970500535902208

Tariff Man, Tariff Man
Tariffs don't work like he thinks they can

Tariff Man, Tariff Man,
Tariff Man has a golden plan
Gonna set up some tariffs, man
Tariff Man, Tariff Man

Farmer Man, Farmer Man
Farmer Man get's hit by the tariff plan
China's not falling for that lovely scam
Farmer Man, Farmer man

China Man, China Man
China Man laughs at Tariff Man
"Pay us more" the note demands
China Man, China Man

Tariff Man, Tariff Man
Laughed at by even Pakistan
Tweets "Fake News" on his golden can
Tariff Man, Tariff Man

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Live hearing in Wisconsin right now. There are already chants in the background.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/12/03/live-video-wisconsin-committee-hearing-lame-duck-session/2195348002/

The republicans in this state have practically been begging for a riot with their policies. There is still some very bad blood from that recall. I hope we do riot if they push this through.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i hold the door open for women and then slam it in the face of the man trying to walk through, ensuring the birth of a new mens rights activist

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Solkanar512 posted:

They're practically begging to be overtaken by the left.

But watch out, they'll sue you if you sign up and you're a leftie! They also won't allow anyone to post a fake or photoshopped picture! These are totally realistic things they can absolutely moderate!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

No I hold em open for everyone. I only date women generally, so they are the ones that get the chair treatment, and really only at nice places

I've never done the pull out a chair thing. It seems weird. How do I know how far they want the chair pulled out? If I was there first I'd stand when someone arrives so we can sit down together, although now that I write that I'm not sure why it seems more polite that way.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Crow Jane posted:

What dumb rear end says poo poo like that but doesn't offer to pay? What loving dumb rear end boy tries to impress a woman with any gesture and expects her to pay for it?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Over/under on how long it will take Laura Loomer to get banned from Righter?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stexils posted:

i hold the door open for women and then slam it in the face of the man trying to walk through, ensuring the birth of a new mens rights activist

Give em the Red Spill onto the pavement

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1069991210331316224

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

moostaffa posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

moostaffa posted:

I'd put it at three weeks, and still probably take the over - I think she'll get actively driven off or passively just stop posting there before getting actually banned