Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Aren't there laws about covering up a hack? Okay, they might not apply here since the republicans aren't customers of the republican national committee, but if the hackers got access to the donors database...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hellblazer187 posted:

He continued to talk about a rigged democratic primary, which is false

OK well Donna Brazile the interim chair of the DNC admitted it was true and published the proof, so I think I will take her word and the documented evidence of the Clinton campaign buying out the DNC before the primaries over the opinion of forumsposter "Hellblazer187"

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
If there is a God, Righter will be full of 100,000 copies of the dick-pic that was plastered all over Donnie’s Wikipedia entry and that temporarily caused Siri to show it when you asked it to look up Trump.

To quote a great man: “it was a good day”.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069990310175014914

He's not running.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1070000911559192577

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1070000911559192577

He's... not running.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Everyone looking to run is a :decorum: though, there isn't a single fighter there

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Everyone looking to run is a :decorum: though, there isn't a single fighter there

What's that kid who danced on Reagan's grave up to these days

selec
Sep 6, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Rigged may be a technically incorrect description but fairly accurate to describe someone who had the entire weight of the lovely centrist DNC trying to clear the way for "her turn" and Bernie was "mathematically" eliminated in part thanks to the lovely undemocratic superdelegate system (that's probably sticking around since no one actually pays attention to this poo poo outside of election time).

Congrats on not having completely terrible opinions about policy anymore though!

Yeah, I don’t understand how people parse the funding thing into not unfairly tilting process towards Clinton.

“Well, one team paid the ref’s salaries, but it’s a crazy conspiracy to think that had any effect on their calls.”

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I haven't heard about this until this morning. Has anyone read a good overview of the situation? From like a single article I found the Parisians were upset that the tax burden for poor French people has increased significantly while their wages have not increased very much. So this is just wrong if that is accurate.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so who on fox news made up the 250 billion dollar in losses to undocumented immigration? i can't even begin to imagine where that came from other than the fevered ravings of someone like hannity (undocumented immigrants pay something like 12 times more into the system than they take out).

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

Fine, I'll do it. I'll run.

My platform is, 'gently caress rich people.'

Now someone go get me signatures in all 50 states.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stexils posted:

i hold the door open for women and then slam it in the face of the man trying to walk through, ensuring the birth of a new mens rights activist

I have my girlfriend seduce lonely nerds and convince them to take her on a trip to the beach, where she wants to stay in a fancy hotel and lose her virginity to them. But the day they arrive they go to the beach first, and she changes into a bikini and they get to see her body for the first time, that's when I run up and call them a nerd and kick sand in their eyes, and my girlfriend pretends she's never met me but is swept off her feet and I carry her off.

The whole time I do this I am wearing a MAGA hat. That's when my boss, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, shows up, piledrives me and my girlfriend into the sand, and gives them a DSA pamphlet. Success rate has been %100 so far.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I have my girlfriend seduce lonely nerds and convince them to take her on a trip to the beach, where she wants to stay in a fancy hotel and lose her virginity to them. But the day they arrive they go to the beach first, and she changes into a bikini and they get to see her body for the first time, that's when I run up and call them a nerd and kick sand in their eyes, and my girlfriend pretends she's never met me but is swept off her feet and I carry her off.

The whole time I do this I am wearing a MAGA hat. That's when my boss, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, shows up, piledrives me and my girlfriend into the sand, and gives them a DSA pamphlet. Success rate has been %100 so far.

One day you're girlfriend is going to run off with Ocasio-Cortez. Dumb cuck.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Eeyo posted:

I haven't heard about this until this morning. Has anyone read a good overview of the situation? From like a single article I found the Parisians were upset that the tax burden for poor French people has increased significantly while their wages have not increased very much. So this is just wrong if that is accurate.

Looks like they cut taxes on the wealthy, implemented regressive fuel taxes, and people rioted.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

You typed this whole thing one-handed, didn't you?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Same but my cousin Hank is dressed up like Jesus when he hands over the pamphlet.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

so who on fox news made up the 250 billion dollar in losses to undocumented immigration? i can't even begin to imagine where that came from other than the fevered ravings of someone like hannity (undocumented immigrants pay something like 12 times more into the system than they take out).

yeah it sounds like one of those insane "here's how much social security money i think immigrants COULD be stealing" bullshit facts

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Hold the door for everyone regardless of gender

pulling people's chairs out gets you a lot of weird looks though because it's so unusual these days and takes a fair bit of planning/staging

Yeah, holding the door is an unconscious gesture if you're even possessed of a modicum of manners. Pulling someone's chair out for them, however, sometimes involves literally diving in front of a woman to stop her from sitting down first, and it looks weird and creepy and medieval.

Your Taint posted:

Release every goddamn one of them. Turnabout is fair play.

This. How's that loving medicine taste? Bitter, I hope. I know this is childish, but I don't care. We got BUTTERY MAILS'd for so loving long...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lol, the entire Cspam Avenatti toxx thread is about to get banned

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1070002204206120960

Another fun day for the markets wheeeeeee

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Crow Jane posted:

You typed this whole thing one-handed, didn't you?

Everybody who only ever types with one hand raise their hand, then post

*forums go silent*

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's from the Trump University School of Statistics, of course.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

text #YIKES to 1-800-HOT-TAKE

https://twitter.com/TheWeek/status/1069925541384478720

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Eeyo posted:

It's a Charlie Kirk tweet, of course it's wrong.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I saw this morning there is concern that the bond yield curve is about to invert on the 2 year and the 10 year, which has been a somewhat reliable sign that a recession is coming

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

We already erased all of 2018, right? When do we erase the entire Trump administration?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

From a stability perspective, both "the trade war has ended" and "the trade wars haven't ended" are preferable to a loud, wet fart while Trump looks into the camera making an expression that could be interpreted as addled rage or a realization that he shouldn't have trusted his ancient anus.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

OK well Donna Brazile the interim chair of the DNC admitted it was true and published the proof, so I think I will take her word and the documented evidence of the Clinton campaign buying out the DNC before the primaries over the opinion of forumsposter "Hellblazer187"

Yes I read that advertisement for Donna Brazile's book as well.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tibalt posted:

From a stability perspective, both "the trade war has ended" and "the trade wars haven't ended" are preferable to a loud, wet fart while Trump looks into the camera making an expression that could be interpreted as addled rage or a realization that he shouldn't have trusted his ancient anus.
Is that deal even official?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think this figure comes from this study: http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/newsitem.aspx?RecordID=23550 where they* take the average difference in spending and contribution at local, state, and federal levels and multiply by the number of immigrants. The summary of the study says this:

quote:

In terms of fiscal impacts, first-generation immigrants are more costly to governments, mainly at the state and local levels, than are the native-born, in large part due to the costs of educating their children. However, as adults, the children of immigrants (the second generation) are among the strongest economic and fiscal contributors in the U.S. population, contributing more in taxes than either their parents or the rest of the native-born population.

which kind of blows up the narrative that we're losing money. We're contributing to the education of children, who will become citizens. Of course that's going to be expensive! But educating children tends to be worth it since you end up with productive members of society in the end.

* Edit: I'm unsure if Trump/GOP did the multiplication or if the ~250-300 billion number is in the study

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

pulling people's chairs out gets you a lot of weird looks though because it's so unusual these days and takes a fair bit of planning/staging

I do this for like... My anniversary and special occasions. But my SO has told me she specifically likes when I do it. Although at the places we go for special occasions like that, the waiter typically does it anyways.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

We're going to be hearing, 'X is the Y Trump' for the next twenty years aren't we.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FlamingLiberal posted:

No one is even sure if there is any kind of deal, China would not corroborate what Trump said at G20.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

FlamingLiberal posted:

There is no deal. Trump says there's a deal, but he's wrong and nobody even knows what stage we're in as far as talks go. So there's no real way to judge whether that 25% tariff and counter-tariff are sure things or just brinksmanship.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

haveblue posted:

We already erased all of 2018, right? When do we erase the entire Trump administration?

As someone who works with Stocks it's important to take these "the DOW is falling!" post in context.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1069944439550939141

Hope no one needed anything from the mail tomorrow!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

tbf tying her trump repeatedly is probably their only hope of dampening some of the enthusiasm

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Yo I do this for women without really thinking about it because I was just raised that way. Is this bad?
It's only bad if you act weird when a woman does the same for you, or get mad when she tells you she prefers that you don't.

I open doors for everyone, it's just courtesy. Sometimes old dudes get weird about it and refuse to go through.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yes I read that advertisement for Donna Brazile's book as well.

so just so we're clear you're saying that a woman who, for almost her entire career with them involved, has been one of the most loyal clinton supporters, is now lying to sell books to people already mad at her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Here's a fun game. Imagine you're some sort of financial professional. You're aware that, due to basic game theory, if you're selling or buying commodities or stock, it's because you've under or overestimated the risk. But you're also aware that everyone else is also aware of this. But you don't want to just sit there because you're either putting yourself at risk for bankruptcy or leaving a pile of money on the table.

Now imagine your decision is based on accurately judging how full of poo poo a Trump Tweet is.