Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hundreds of poor suckers are stuck in Rikers Island because they either can't make bail or they can't get the bail they can make posted for weeks, and here's this fucker already convicted of felonies being able to keep spending money doing PR ops. loving :thermidor:, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I know Manafort is the big story here, but I like the confirmation that Ecuador doesn't want Assange any more and is looking for a face saving way to ditch him.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I bet they didn't even ask for that much debt relief and the US still refused the offer.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hundreds of poor suckers are stuck in Rikers Island because they either can't make bail or they can't get the bail they can make posted for weeks, and here's this fucker already convicted of felonies being able to keep spending money doing PR ops. loving :thermidor:, man.

God willing, Rikers will be finally shut down soon: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/31/15142188/rikers-island-new-york-city-closing-down

rip Kalief Browder.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalief_Browder

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

exploded mummy posted:

crimes.

all of them.

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/1067431464524869633

Already becoming a classic tweet

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Mind posted:

Or your Deviant Art drawings of Rep-Elect Ocasio-Cortez as asteroid 23238 Ocasio-Cortez. (Oh, god - I'll bet Ben Garrison is already working on it, in the worst possible way. :gonk:)

Not a meteor, but this post reminded me of:
https://twitter.com/__HypnoAngel/status/1069278148007813122

(Before anyone asks, that's from Hellstar Remina, a Junji Ito work.)

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's ridiculous. Hell, Wohl still haven't faced any consequences, has he, for another person who's blatantly criminal and supremely incompetent (though not part of the administration)?

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 4, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Roland Jones posted:

It's ridiculous. Hell, Wohl still haven't faced any consequences, has he, for another person who's blatantly criminal and supremely incompetent (though not part of the administration)?

Wohl is barred from securities trading.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

exploded mummy posted:

Wohl is barred from securities trading.

That was for the security fraud and a while ago. I mean, has he faced consequences for the Mueller stuff? Legal consequences, not the public humiliation he's too stupid to recognize.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Roland Jones posted:

That was for the security fraud and a while ago. I mean, has he faced consequences for the Mueller stuff? Legal consequences, not the public humiliation he's too stupid to recognize.

that was a month ago

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

exploded mummy posted:

that was a month ago

Serious question but what's the usual turnaround for something like getting caught out in a flagrant smear campaign to paint Robert Mueller as a rapist?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Kai Tave posted:

Serious question but what's the usual turnaround for something like getting caught out in a flagrant smear campaign to paint Robert Mueller as a rapist?
Honestly? There might not be one. It was so poorly considered and executed that pursuing it would hurt Mueller's reputation more than the original slander.

I mean, it got shut down almost immediately on the fringes of fascist Twitter. Mueller might not even know who Wohl is, let alone what he did.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Tibalt posted:

Honestly? There might not be one. It was so poorly considered and executed that pursuing it would hurt Mueller's reputation more than the original slander.

I mean, it got shut down almost immediately on the fringes of fascist Twitter. Mueller might not even know who Wohl is, let alone what he did.

Dude, he knows what Wohl did and who he is because he referred it to the FBI lol.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

friendbot2000 posted:

Dude, he knows what Wohl did and who he is because he referred it to the FBI lol.

The FBI might not do anything due to fear of interference by Trump. What's the statute of limitations on obstruction of justice?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

friendbot2000 posted:

Good thing I said "Mueller" and not "the FBI" in my post then, huh.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The FBI might not do anything due to fear

What.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tibalt posted:

Good thing I said "Mueller" and not "the FBI" in my post then, huh.

Mueller personally alerted the FBI about this. So he knows who Jacob Wohl is.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Mueller personally alerted the FBI about this. So he knows who Jacob Wohl is.

i believe when asked for comment, their spox Peter Carr said that the Special Counsel's Office has referred it to the FBI. we don't know much about what Mueller personally knows or does about practically anything

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

eke out posted:

i believe when asked for comment, their spox Peter Carr said that the Special Counsel's Office has referred it to the FBI. we don't know much about what Mueller personally knows or does about practically anything

It strains credibility that he wouldn't know, if only since it was all over the news for a day or two, but that's fair.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

As we see with Mueller, the feds don't really move on suspects until they can already feel their hands around their necks.

Wohl could very well be already up poo poo creek but they want everything possible done first.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

5.1 Million Pounds of Beef has been recalled due to salmonella

This recall is an expansion of 6.5 million lbs of beef in October.

246 infected and 56 have been hospitalized across 25 states. The FDA was the one that issued the recall and not the company which raises the question...wtf were they doing eh? Also, funny how we get a back to back recall of beef and romaine lettuce for contamination with the Deregulator in Chief at the helm making GBS threads into our food supply.

Stay safe goons!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

friendbot2000 posted:

5.1 Million Pounds of Beef has been recalled due to salmonella

This recall is an expansion of 6.5 million lbs of beef in October.

246 infected and 56 have been hospitalized across 25 states. The FDA was the one that issued the recall and not the company which raises the question...wtf were they doing eh? Also, funny how we get a back to back recall of beef and romaine lettuce for contamination with the Deregulator in Chief at the helm making GBS threads into our food supply.

Stay safe goons!

Can't wait til the US becomes brexit island's primary food supplier

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1069998860699926533

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1070000911559192577

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I feel like he was never actually running, merely engaging in a legal grift that'd let him raise money and publicity.

also now the great december toxx thread banning may begin

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I don't care how he arrived at that decision (which I suspect involved a lot of yelling), all I care about is that he arrived at it.

I'm a bit shocked that Stormy has kept with him after the billing poo poo and him apparently going with that defamation filing without her explicit ok.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

eke out posted:

I feel like he was never actually running, merely engaging in a legal grift that'd let him raise money and publicity.

also now the great december toxx thread banning may begin

But enough about Trump's campaign, we're talking about Avenatti's potential campaign.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/terischultz/status/1070002886971715584

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what a bunch of hacks

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Oh Joy, can't wait for an additional furnace to be built to burn money that should be going to climate change mitigation, but we are going to do Arms Race 2: Electric Boogaloo. Now featuring more Nukes!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

You loving shitslinging morons, yours gonna restart the loving cold war

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/terischultz/status/1070003305995223041
https://twitter.com/dylanpwhite/status/1070002468996681734

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I think I missed that this was a long brewing issue.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Rinkles posted:

I think I missed that this was a long brewing issue.

Russia has been pushing the treaty boundaries for a couple years at this point. Dissolving the treaty isn't the right answer through, it is to penalize Russia for breaking the treaty.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1070016959935365120

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

"Mr. President and Sec. of State Pompeo, there is literally video of MBS saying he is going to kill this man."

"I don't think we can say for sure."

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Cool Graham - I guess that means you’ll be introducing legislation banning the sales and taking actual actions to make sure it gets a vote in both the house and the senate?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Cool Graham - I guess that means you’ll be introducing legislation banning the sales and taking actual actions to make sure it gets a vote in both the house and the senate?

Of course not, that would mean doing something more than just talking, and he sure as gently caress won't do that.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Of course not. There might be another rapey, beer-chugging frat boy judge who needs shepherding through the Senate.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1070030476633616385

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hastings posted:

"Mr. President and Sec. of State Pompeo, there is literally video of MBS saying he is going to kill this man."

"I don't think we can say for sure."

this is the guy who has started denying it was him on the access hollywood tape so its not even the most insane "what tape?????" thing out of him