Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sounds great what is this?

Monster Hunter Generations is down to $38 on Amazon, by the way.

Perry Mason Jar fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The World Ends With Youuuuuuuuuuu

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The World Ends With You is a really cool RPG that was originally on the DS. It's got a really unique style in its art and music, a fun story, and really good real time action based gameplay. On the switch it can be controlled either in handheld via the touch screen or with joycon motion controls (the DS version was primarily stylus controlled). Handheld is the easiest but I recommend playing with joycons in co-op mode by yourself, letting you control each of the two characters with one hand. It best replicates the DS's original control scheme and is really fun.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

DLC Inc posted:

TWEWY has been dropped to $30 on Amazon, so if 50 was too rich for you, now's your chance

Only $1 more than the DS original

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Do you want to make it to the Indigo Plateau, or wallow on Spice Street with the other tweakers?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is Spice the orange color? My friend had an orange GameCube controller that would short the console whenever it was plugged in so we decided to try and bust it up.

Those things are loving invincible. Holy poo poo. We swung it around and threw it against brick walls and it hardly cracked or dented.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mak0rz posted:

Is Spice the orange color? My friend had an orange GameCube controller that would short the console whenever it was plugged in so we decided to try and bust it up.

Those things are loving invincible. Holy poo poo. We swung it around and threw it against brick walls and it hardly cracked or dented.

this is violence

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Shai-Hulud posted:

Finally managed to get my Diablo 3 Barb through the season. What the easiest way to get another character up to 70? Put on Leorics Crown with a big rear end ruby and grind my way up?
I don't really want to interact with other people or grind up rifts till a gem of ease drops and then grind that up to lvl 25.

Gem of ease in an ancient 2 hand weapon will be faster to get set up than the alternative I think. That with a ruby crown got my wiz alt to 70 in about 45 minutes. Even with the grind to get a gem of ease it’s probably your best option imo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Mak0rz posted:

I bet you probably dug through half that brick wall before giving up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Wikipedia Brown posted:

This Flip Grip thing is cool.

Oh god I had no idea this was a thing that existed. I'd get that exclusively for Downwell

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Wikipedia Brown posted:

This Flip Grip thing is cool.

what the gently caress

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How many games actually support vertical orientation?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mak0rz posted:

They know their target audience better than anyone else.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

How many games actually support vertical orientation?

Almost all the aca games can be rotated. The pinball games, other shmups, and downwell is coming with a tate mode as well.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

bushisms.txt posted:

Almost all the aca games can be rotated. The pinball games, other shmups, and downwell is coming with a tate mode as well.

Oh poo poo pinball games would be legit

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just noticed how close to the end of the season it is for D3. About how long does it take for a new player to level a character up to 70 for a season? Like assuming you have very little experience with the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I haven't played D3 in years but I've heard that they streamlined the trip to 70 so it only takes a few hours or something equally crazy.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

THE loving MOON posted:

I just noticed how close to the end of the season it is for D3. About how long does it take for a new player to level a character up to 70 for a season? Like assuming you have very little experience with the game.

Took me about 10 hours doing the story

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Leveling up to 70 the first time only took me a few hours, but I got stuck at around Torment 5 difficulty getting tiny incremental upgrades that burnt me out on the game. Guess I won't be finishing all the goals for this season.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Alright, cool. Maybe I can have that done before the end of the season

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

varies a fair amount based on how comfortable you are at any point climbing difficulty levels and how many exp bonuses you have on your gear, but it shouldn't take longer than a couple days at most.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Once you do the story and the new season hits, you just Adventure Mode and crush bounties. You should hit 70 pretty quick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Playing Dead Cells now that i grabbed it for cheap (thanks, Walmart) and... it’s pretty fun!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

^burtle posted:

Once you do the story and the new season hits, you just Adventure Mode and crush bounties. You should hit 70 pretty quick.

You don't even need to do the story in the Switch version

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Playing Dead Cells now that i grabbed it for cheap (thanks, Walmart) and... it’s pretty fun!

I had a blast with it for about 20 hours or so. Then the repetition started getting to me. I've been meaning to get back to it though after taking a break, it really is drat good!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just got a backer email announcing Back in the Groove is launching on most platforms, including Switch on March first. Really hope it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rPHMw5F-GU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The beta a few months ago was fun and felt pretty much complete so they'd have to totally screw up everything in home stretch for it to not be good.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I would say BOTW is a bit complicated for very young kids

Hey Dad! Come look at this awesome new sword I found! Isn't it so neat!

*sword breaks in two swings*

*child learns about death and object permanence at the age of four*

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Oscar Wild posted:

Hey Dad! Come look at this awesome new sword I found! Isn't it so neat!

*sword breaks in two swings*

*child learns about death and object permanence at the age of four*

...hope your kid has established object permanence by 4.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

squirrelzipper posted:

Gem of ease in an ancient 2 hand weapon will be faster to get set up than the alternative I think. That with a ruby crown got my wiz alt to 70 in about 45 minutes. Even with the grind to get a gem of ease it’s probably your best option imo.

Yeah i underestimated how fast my Barb would rip through rifts with the Season set. I'll grind out the gem and use that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lodin posted:

Just got a backer email announcing Back in the Groove is launching on most platforms, including Switch on March first. Really hope it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rPHMw5F-GU

I can't loving wait :toot:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do we know if the genesis classics will include all the cool stuff that was released on the 3DS versions of them?

I dont know if I can play Streets of Rage 2 without Mania Mode, casual mode and one punch kill mode.

I mean, I totally can, but that stuff would be nice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

I haven't played D3 in years but I've heard that they streamlined the trip to 70 so it only takes a few hours or something equally crazy.

if you do the non Campaign mode, then yes, its very quick

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I have fond memories of Toejam & Earl and I just watched that video.

Is anyone aware of any significant additions to the gameplay formula or is it a very, ahem, faithful recreation of the Genesis games?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hammer Bro. posted:

Is anyone aware of any significant additions to the gameplay formula or is it a very, ahem, faithful recreation of the Genesis games?

I think it's mainly way more of the same, and all reformed. Kind of like River City Ransom Underground.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do we know if the genesis classics will include all the cool stuff that was released on the 3DS versions of them?

I dont know if I can play Streets of Rage 2 without Mania Mode, casual mode and one punch kill mode.

I mean, I totally can, but that stuff would be nice

Those ports are done by a completely different studio I think. There's no hacks or special modifiers in this collection.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Hammer Bro. posted:

It's an expanded version of the original game, with a bunch of new items and the Hyperfunk Zone from Panic on Funkotron.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Not sure if this is for real but The Last Story 2 could be coming

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/12/04/the-last-story-ii-switch/

This would be a hell of a deep cut to get a sequel for. Operation Rainfall lives on.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's not. There only source is an image which is almost assuredly doctored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Course the ACA games are pretty much all Neo Geo, none of which need rotation afaik. The option is just there as a vestigial part of their emulator shell.

But yeah there’s a bunch of vertical shmups and pinball. I was playing Gunbird 2 with mine yesterday :toot: