Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Doggles posted:

The "Request tour" buttons should link straight to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmL2l-bcuUQ

$750/mo. for a "a hotel on steroids," fuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

working for a public institution instead of 'to make someone richer' really owns

Thanks to the hard work of the actual workers at the University of York catering company, this year two of our executives received honours from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Second for services to education. The workers got minimum wage though so it's cool

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

qkkl posted:

what's the point of having money if you aren't going to spend it on stuff that makes you happy.

So which imaginary space ship did you buy?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

about half what I paid 2 years ago for a 2 bedroom in the Bay Area; everything is crazy

My rent for a 2 bedroom is $1600 and has only gone up $200 over the last 4 years, clearly what everyone should do is move to hell state Florida and live in garbage areas outside of walking distance from anything worthwhile :smugdog:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"Come to Sunny Florida, Sorry About Everything, At Least the Rent's Cheap!"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYbfmkuRjkY

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I liked it better at the beginning when it was earnest instead of being ~wacky~

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

My rent for a 2 bedroom is $1600 and has only gone up $200 over the last 4 years, clearly what everyone should do is move to hell state Florida and live in garbage areas outside of walking distance from anything worthwhile :smugdog:

My Florida 2 bedroom in a major city is a third of that and all I have to do is live on a street so dangerous that no one will deliver a pizza

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shame Boy posted:

lmfao thats not cheap at all, i can get that rent in a lot of places in seattle

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

got any sevens posted:

lmfao thats not cheap at all, i can get that rent in a lot of places in seattle

Yeah I know, I could do the same if I lived in a primarily minority """"unsafe"""" part of town, but I live less than a mile from work and that's my main concern so :shrug:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mr. Lobe posted:

whole lotta people jump into and stay into bad relationships during periods of economic hardship imagine

even when I lived in seattle I considered moving in with a guy I was dating and liked but saw no future with

wonder how long it would have taken before I got sick him and would have felt materially trapped into maintaining the relationship

Great value! New formula! Now with 35% more*!

*ending in divorce.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Lobe posted:

whole lotta people jump into and stay into bad relationships during periods of economic hardship imagine

guaranteeing basic housing/food/healthcare is one of the best ways to reduce abuse against women

too bad the government doesn't give a gently caress about you lol

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Keep in mind this is the economic system communism lost to.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Infamous labor abusers Wal-Mart launch a gaming PC brand called “OverPowered” - it is incredibly capitalism.png in which you buy, uh, a computer with certain specs, and they just straight up send you something else that is far inferior to what you ordered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTni-Vfrf9c

this video is incredible even if you’re not a PC hardware nerd

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Shame Boy posted:

that's market rate in philadelphia lmao you live in a fetid swamp for the price of living in a thriving, modern trash dump city

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Taintrunner posted:

Infamous labor abusers Wal-Mart launch a gaming PC brand called “OverPowered” - it is incredibly capitalism.png in which you buy, uh, a computer with certain specs, and they just straight up send you something else that is far inferior to what you ordered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTni-Vfrf9c

this video is incredible even if you’re not a PC hardware nerd

Half the video is making GBS threads on the poor warehouse guy who got the wrong item and customer service lady having to hear him complain.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tastykake posted:

that's market rate in philadelphia lmao you live in a fetid swamp for the price of living in a thriving, modern trash dump city

Hey it's not a fetid swamp, it's a fetid bay poisoned with red tide :colbert:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Yeah, complain about the system being way overpriced, not about receiving the wrong item. That simply happens sometimes.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, I posted the video before getting to that part

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hey, what was that memo that went around in the news a few months ago, wherein a European bank said outright that global capitalism is playing out like Marx predicted, and the rate of profit is in irreversible decline?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

single-family zoning was explicitly racist when it was implemented btw

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hey, just because you're too poor to have kids doesn't mean you shouldn't share a refrigerator with at least three people who don't clean up after themselves!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What if we just seize all these loving golf courses and put 3-4 story housing there

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

galaxythunk: u have to incarcerate more ppl to keep the prison open to save the prison jobs !!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Imprison the people who work at the prison, they get free room and board and healthcare and you get 300 more inmates and just created 300 more jobs!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Imprison the people who work at the prison, they get free room and board and healthcare and you get 300 more inmates and just created 300 more jobs!

:hmmyes:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

It's not like the nepotism and corruption could get any worse, really.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Shame Boy posted:

So its like infinite jobs, just keep expanding the prison and imprisoning anyone who works there more than a year.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zil posted:

So its like infinite jobs, just keep expanding the prison and imprisoning anyone who works there more than a year.

soon we will have a ... prison planet

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shame Boy posted:

thats basically the trustee system already, which is just a way to get slave labor for janitorial jobs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

got any sevens posted:

thats basically the trustee system already, which is just a way to get slave labor for janitorial jobs

anyone would work unpaid labor in exchange for not actually being in prison for any amount of time

in-prison jobs are much shittier imo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/jon_snow_420/status/1069735534107324417

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Hey, what was that memo that went around in the news a few months ago, wherein a European bank said outright that global capitalism is playing out like Marx predicted, and the rate of profit is in irreversible decline?
the smart capitalists are marxists in economic theory but they position themselves on the minority side of the class war

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Taintrunner posted:

I just paid 2700 this month for renting a three bedroom with my wife in the far east side of Queens

When my sister lived in Manhattan she paid about this much for a 1 bedroom apartment (adjusting for 2018 dollars).

The suburbs are a cancer for many reasons...but it's hard to blame people for living there because my mortgage on my 5 bedroom house is less than what you're paying for an apartment.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1070026296263143429

quote:

1. Ryan ToysReview – $22 Million
The No. 1 earner on YouTube this year is not your average millionaire — far from it. He's a 7-year-old boy named Ryan who reviews toys for other kids.

Last year, it was reported Ryan made $11 million from his YouTube channel, coming in at number 8 on Forbes' 2017 list, but the toy critic is moving on up. His YouTube channel has attracted a huge following of parents and children who watch Ryan test out new toys and share his thoughts on them.
His most-watch video to date featured huge easter eggs and a bouncy house, and has amassed over 1.6 billion views. His YouTube channel has over 25 billion views in total and 17 million subscribers. Forbes reports he now has his own line of collectibles selling at Walmart.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Look, I don't like the police, and I'm a police abolitionist. And I'm not one of those people who fantasizes about a golden age in American politics or culture, either. But I feel like there was a time when if someone asked you about your hobbies, and you said "I like to watch videos of other people's children opening toys," you'd go on some kind of watchlist, and that was probably a good thing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ryan Breaks the Internet

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Look, I don't like the police, and I'm a police abolitionist. And I'm not one of those people who fantasizes about a golden age in American politics or culture, either. But I feel like there was a time when if someone asked you about your hobbies, and you said "I like to watch videos of other people's children opening toys," you'd go on some kind of watchlist, and that was probably a good thing.

I think most of the viewers are other children. When they're not watching poorly-made Korean CG clips of Elsa eating Spider-Man's fingers, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Found this at the craft store last night:

EDIT - And then I found this on reddit:

Doggles has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Dec 4, 2018