Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It's not. There only source is an image which is almost assuredly doctored

An artist and a doctor, that's talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Oscar Wild posted:

Hey Dad! Come look at this awesome new sword I found! Isn't it so neat!

*sword breaks in two swings*

*child learns about death and object permanence at the age of four*

That’s not what object permanence means

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

On the other hand kids understand Minecraft

Minecraft is not that complicated on the most basic level after you explain "punch trees"

BOTW has some of the most unforgiving PVE combat this side of Dark Souls until you either get a bunch of upgrades or interact with a few different layers of systems, even against like the tier 2 trash goblins.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Weedle posted:

That’s not what object permanence means

Yeah, your child is learning about entropy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

deadly_pudding posted:

Minecraft is not that complicated on the most basic level after you explain "punch trees"

BOTW has some of the most unforgiving PVE combat this side of Dark Souls until you either get a bunch of upgrades or interact with a few different layers of systems, even against like the tier 2 trash goblins.

Most of Minecraft’s systems are really complicated and not really explained at all.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

That’s...a bit of an exaggeration

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BOTW is not afraid to kill you at all, but the combat isnt particularly difficult. Then again, I'm 200+ hours away from when I was first learning the game, so maybe I'm misremembering

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, I just found out something utterly hosed up about the Sega Collection on Steam. In the workshop people ar not just uploading silly hacks that let you play as Donkey Kong in Streets of Rage 2, but also fully functioning ROMs. I just played through the first two stages of Moonwalker and it works perfectly. How the hell is Sega not aware of this? :psyduck:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

BOTW is not afraid to kill you at all, but the combat isnt particularly difficult. Then again, I'm 200+ hours away from when I was first learning the game, so maybe I'm misremembering

I think that's a good way of describing it. I thought it was really refreshing, a Zelda game where you can actually die :v:

I watched a lot of people play it and I'd say most people died at least a couple of times during the plateau. The great thing is that it doesn't really set you back, and it allows you to figure out a clever way to handle situations. A lot of people died to the Bokoblin with the strong weapon in the skull lair on the plateau, but then most of them figured out that you can use all the environment traps, bombs, jars of oil, etc. to make the encounter a lot easier. I thought it was genius. :3:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CharlestheHammer posted:

Most of Minecraft’s systems are really complicated and not really explained at all.

They really aren't? The complicated poo poo is so thoroughly optional for a kid that just wants to build a castle.

BOTW will happily one-shot you on the starter island if you don't realize how much damage a thing does or lack fully developed motor skills.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah adventure games where you never die are boring and lame. Where's the adventure if there's no threat?

Struggling to learn a new game and its nuances is like 80 percent of the reason as to why I play video games to begin with! I want it to feel like work to some degree. Botw achieved that despite the last dozen or so Zelda games being utter failures in this regard.

Also, if there's never any fear or caution on the side of the player, he/she will never have a chance to fully engage with what the game has to offer. Barrelling through content without a care in the world is the definition of dull

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

deadly_pudding posted:

They really aren't? The complicated poo poo is so thoroughly optional for a kid that just wants to build a castle.

BOTW will happily one-shot you on the starter island if you don't realize how much damage a thing does or lack fully developed motor skills.

I mean you can’t construct the poo poo you need without looking into the combination mechanics which are a bit obtuse and over complicated. Making Steel tools is hugely important and getting there at the beginning is a huge chore with many steps.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Shai-Hulud posted:

Yeah i underestimated how fast my Barb would rip through rifts with the Season set. I'll grind out the gem and use that.

Yeah and the upside of this method is having a lvl 1 alt with a 4K damage weapon is hilariously fun.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lodin posted:

Lol, I just found out something utterly hosed up about the Sega Collection on Steam. In the workshop people ar not just uploading silly hacks that let you play as Donkey Kong in Streets of Rage 2, but also fully functioning ROMs. I just played through the first two stages of Moonwalker and it works perfectly. How the hell is Sega not aware of this? :psyduck:

They are, but they don't mind since people still have to pay for the base collection to access it and they'd never be able to get money for Moonwalker anyway

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lodin posted:

"Teacher, you forgot to collect last night's homework!"

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RandomFerret posted:

They are, but they don't mind since people still have to pay for the base collection to access it and they'd never be able to get money for Moonwalker anyway

Not quite sure if the publishers who are still around would be equally cool with Steam distributing their property for free.

Not that I give a rats arse. I can finally play classics like Boogerman, Cyborg Justice and Haunting: Starring Poulterguy without dealing with dodgy websites.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Office Secret Santa got me a $20 eShop gift card, and I happen to be off on Friday.

Gonna Smash it up.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I still need to beat Octopath, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and BOTW but Smash is coming out.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 4, 2018

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
anyone want to run T13 stuff on diablo? I don't have any switch online friends yet.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the switch GameCube controller and adapter any games besides smash that support it does anyone know? Google isn’t really coming up with anything

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Empress Brosephine posted:

I bought the switch GameCube controller and adapter any games besides smash that support it does anyone know? Google isn’t really coming up with anything

Switch supports it in all games.

Great for mariokart

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Holy crap I hadn't heard of this road rash style game.
https://youtu.be/h7sqLOEEERs

Anyone have it?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bombadilillo posted:

Switch supports it in all games.

Great for mariokart

I’ll check out Mario kart. I was wondering if diablo work work with it too or would the missing buttons make it a hassle

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
The Switch registers GameCube controllers plugged into the adapter as if they were Pro controllers, so it'll work for any game that supports Pro controllers. Of course, it will be missing the ZL and Minus button, pressing in the left/right stick, and any gyro controls so it might not be playable for games that depend on any of those.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I’ll check out Mario kart. I was wondering if diablo work work with it too or would the missing buttons make it a hassle

Yeah when you connect it in the controller connect screen it pops up a picture of a gamecube controller. The just straight added system level support in a patch.

Like above said the only problems are joycon only games, and anything that uses the missing buttons. I used 2 for a long time for mariokart until I got more joycons. Worked great.

Gonna use for 8 player smash on friday!!!!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks guys

I guess the cool thing is the adapter works on Wii U and pc too so

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Come on Crash Team Racing for Switch

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Thanks guys

I guess the cool thing is the adapter works on Wii U and pc too so

I had the controllers from old gamecube. Got the adapter for emulation and then Nintendo was cool as gently caress and threw in support for it out of nowhere! They know how people like to smash and they are really user friendly about it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you can’t construct the poo poo you need without looking into the combination mechanics which are a bit obtuse and over complicated. Making Steel tools is hugely important and getting there at the beginning is a huge chore with many steps.

Minecraft somehow seems to meet people at their level. I've watched little kids play and they seem pretty content making huts and killing cows. Older kids get to explore caves and piece together the crafting system (which is actually a lot better now that the game lets you pick recipes rather than just giving you a blank slate to plug ingredients into). Adults get to build redstone supercomputers because they know how to look things up.

Really, Minecraft is pretty incredible considering how halfassed literally every aspect of it is.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1070044276476674048

yeah... I'd buy that for the third time. Why not?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I still have two perfectly working Wavebirds with adapters in a box at my house, I kinda want to see if I can get anything for them when Smash comes out but I feel like the hardcore who would be interested in that would already own a set or more likely use a wired controller to avoid any millisecond delay a wireless signal would introduce.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Astro7x posted:

How would 3 work? Wasn't it pretty wiimote IR-centric?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Astro7x posted:

If they’re presented in HD? Oh yes please.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I wouldn't put too much stock into that, the listing's description says it's only a mock-up and they think it'll be revealed at TGA. Just someone elses wish.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Not a Children posted:

It did have some motion and pointer segments that would work fine if you're playing it docked with the joycons, but they would have to rework those segments to be playable in handheld.

e: Off the top of my head you need to use motion to open some containment locks and you have to use the pointer to use the one beam that is like a wielding gun to fix broken circuits. I think there's also a shield grab/grapple beam ability too?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The grapple beam gesture idea was awesome, less so in practice because of how flaky the nunchuk's motion sensor was. If they get it right this time, I will humiliate myself in public by doing the moves every time, no matter where I'm playing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Now where's my Pikmin Trilogy Nintendo?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That very loving page says "This listing is based off of a rumor that the game will be shown at the game awards"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d love the Prime games on Switch. I have the collection on Wii but haven’t touched them yet. I’d much rather play then on Switch and in HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Not a Children posted:

It wouldn't be that tough to rig up a facsimile, even if they're still using emulation. Set up an accelerometer aiming system like Splatoon's, feed the data to the emulator as though it were Wiimote IR data, and that should cover your aiming needs.

But apparently the port is currently only made of wishes and ghosts.