Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it's designed to trick only the stupidest and most willfully dense people on Earth, and so every lib is fighting tooth and nail to normalize the ok sign as just normal and not WHAT THE RIGHT HAS SAID IT IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

still no mention of the nazi patch he was also wearing

i guess its just because all cops are nazis , and not because the media is fuckin garbage poo poo nazis too lmao :d2a:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Did folks ever figure out what that fashy patch was representing specifically?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Azathoth posted:

Did folks ever figure out what that fashy patch was representing specifically?

somebody guessed blood and soil, which makes sense and i'm taking as canon

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

re: Starship Troopers

https://twitter.com/not_sargon/status/1069714629583081474
https://twitter.com/knsume/status/1069719858538004480
https://twitter.com/SLightening101/status/1069740745408557057

the fascism understander has logged the gently caress on.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

While it’s fun to see Sargon humiliate himself, remember that he’s banned from twitter for life and remember to report that account, if that’s him.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Epic High Five posted:

it's designed to trick only the stupidest and most willfully dense people on Earth, and so every lib is fighting tooth and nail to normalize the ok sign as just normal and not WHAT THE RIGHT HAS SAID IT IS
Wait what

How is trolling fascists by making cheap handjob jokes about them "normalizing" it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pookel posted:

Wait what

How is trolling fascists by making cheap handjob jokes about them "normalizing" it

oh no not him, jsut the response to it generally from the bowtie dipshits

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/Mister_Geocon/status/1070046974827618304

lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/koltenparker/status/1070013300987981825

I'm not a racial supremacist okay. I'm a racial ephebophile

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

like you can argue the book isn't fascist (you'd be wrong) but the movie is 100% unambigously a satire of militarism and fascism, how is paul vervohoven too subtle for you

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

omg omg

https://twitter.com/Mister_Geocon/status/1069739015056883712

holy fuckin poo poo this is the biggest :thunk: ever lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

like you can argue the book isn't fascist (you'd be wrong) but the movie is 100% unambigously a satire of militarism and fascism, how is paul vervohoven too subtle for you

the book was insanely fascist and stupid and incoherent to boot lol, I usually tell people to just pretend his ship blew up on the way to officer's school and say you've finished it unless the thought of Heinlein jacking off while trying to make his insane fascist worldview work out and be coherent is one you really enjoy

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I just tell people to read forever war instead

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Agean90 posted:

It is a very good book.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Wasn't Ridley Scott making that into a movie

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

THC posted:

omg omg

https://twitter.com/Mister_Geocon/status/1069739015056883712

holy fuckin poo poo this is the biggest :thunk: ever lmao

I would like him to know more

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ya Forever War is far, far superior and once you read it you'll understand why big state fash libertarian weirdos refuse to talk about it and instead idolize Starship Troopers

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Forever wars good cuz the end result of human (and all sentient intelligent) evolution is communist gay space clones

And the enemy aliens are like jfc guys now that you're gay clones too we can chill

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

Forever wars good cuz the end result of human (and all sentient intelligent) evolution is communist gay space clones

And the enemy aliens are like jfc guys now that you're gay clones too we can chill

now that's what I call a Path to Peace

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

I particularly liked that they called the refuge planet Middle Finger.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Flavius Aetass posted:

somebody guessed blood and soil, which makes sense and i'm taking as canon

Claiming "soil" in America when you aren't a native will never make sense, and will always be the funniest thing about American xenophobia and nativism.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So why the heck was BrutalistMcDonalds banned?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samovar posted:

So why the heck was BrutalistMcDonalds banned?

Toxxed for avanetti

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Toxxed for avanetti

Whew. Here I was thinking it was for something NOT stupid.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Toxxed for avanetti

my motto of 'never toxx for anything' still remains strong and powerful

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mcclay posted:

my motto of 'be a massive coward' still remains strong and powerful

Fixed

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
being a coward is historically a very strong and powerful position

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Imagine being this much of a loser:

https://twitter.com/aiizavva/status/1070029666327650304

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

the book was insanely fascist and stupid and incoherent to boot lol, I usually tell people to just pretend his ship blew up on the way to officer's school and say you've finished it unless the thought of Heinlein jacking off while trying to make his insane fascist worldview work out and be coherent is one you really enjoy

Starship Troopers becomes a bit more coherent when you know that Heinlein wrote it in reaction to the anti-nuclear weapons movement. That's why mini-nukes feature so prominently in the story, because we'll also need mini-nukes IRL to mass murder all the filthy communist hordes. The "Skinnies" are Koreans or Chinese, allies to the bug Soviets. It's all paper thin allegory.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Starship Troopers becomes a bit more coherent when you know that Heinlein wrote it in reaction to the anti-nuclear weapons movement. That's why mini-nukes feature so prominently in the story, because we'll also need mini-nukes IRL to mass murder all the filthy communist hordes. The "Skinnies" are Koreans or Chinese, allies to the bug Soviets. It's all paper thin allegory.

it's also notable because it's the only heinlein book where off the top of my head I can't recall him inserting a flimsy justification for loving children

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

i love being a coward. i will never loving stop being a coward. this is how i get my shonen protag powers

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mcclay posted:

i love being a coward. i will never loving stop being a coward. this is how i get my shonen protag powers

I otoh have been scheduled for banning for hours yet can still post. Im cursed to poo poo post until banned, like an anime villian

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Epic High Five posted:

it's also notable because it's the only heinlein book where off the top of my head I can't recall him inserting a flimsy justification for loving children

yeah whatever else you can say about the book it's got that much going for it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Agean90 posted:

Forever War is a fantastic book.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Admiral Ray posted:

Forever War is a fantastic book.
Also the best novel written about the Vietnam War (note: I own, but have not yet read, Matterhorn)

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
based nigel

Adbot