Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What I'm trying to say is that "switch feel" or whatever bullshit means nothing when your wrist feels like it's made of broken glass whenever you're typing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
:smith:

i'm so bad and slow at typing that i don't know if i'll ever get to that point but if i do i'll remember your words and pour out a 40 in your honor

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

i started going carpal and fixed it by working less hard

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
carpal tunnel is just the tip. there are so, so many ugly things available

the bowls are the least painful typing i've managed in many, many years

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
pro tip: bowls

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
there are many flavors of repetitive stress injury and carpal tunnel syndrome is highly publicised just because it is the one with the best surgical treatments

you can also enjoy tendinitis, ulnar nerve damage, arthritis, and other fun conditions

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

think at the computer

it will respond to your thoughts

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Olivil posted:

i have received my filco majestouch 2 convertible (usb + bluetooth) with browns and it's been great albeit for the abs keycaps

where can I get a "normal" set of white text on black PBT keycaps? I can't seem to find any.

what's the bluetooth like? been on the hunt for a wireless keyboard and that one seems pretty good

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

there are many flavors of repetitive stress injury and carpal tunnel syndrome is highly publicised just because it is the one with the best surgical treatments

you can also enjoy tendinitis, ulnar nerve damage, arthritis, and other fun conditions

I was waking up in the middle of the night because my wrist felt like it was on fire. After a month on the advantage2 that went away. Over a year later, it still tingles occasionally but it's 85-90% better. Not a doctor but bowls worked for me.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

pro tip: trackballs

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

love a good ball.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jony neuemonic posted:

love a good ball.

that great ball feel

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Trackballs are good too, Elecom Huge here.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
My entire arm went all numb with pins and needles from hunching over a laptop to much. The doc told me to swing my arms about and go swimming, which worked wonderfully. I now try really hard not to gently caress up my hand and arms with bad posture after that scare.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

blugu64 posted:

I was waking up in the middle of the night because my wrist felt like it was on fire. After a month on the advantage2 that went away. Over a year later, it still tingles occasionally but it's 85-90% better. Not a doctor but bowls worked for me.

coworker had the same. solved it with an advantage2 and after a year switched to a preonic.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
my current workplace has chairs with terrible non-adjustable armrests and it's making my shoulders feel awful. i'm a bit too new to start really complaining about it tho so i'm trying to hint my coworkers into doing it for me

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

TheFluff posted:

my current workplace has chairs with terrible non-adjustable armrests and it's making my shoulders feel awful. i'm a bit too new to start really complaining about it tho so i'm trying to hint my coworkers into doing it for me

Same but I have a steelcase gesture I drag with me between jobs.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

srs post had lots of rsi problems in my late 20s. figured it couldn't hurt to try the stuff hr kept recommending in email blasts about ergonomics and fixing my posture and arm positioning helped a lot. good enough for now anyway but i'm only mid 30s. we'll see in 10 years

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

srs post had lots of rsi problems in my late 20s. figured it couldn't hurt to try the stuff hr kept recommending in email blasts about ergonomics and fixing my posture and arm positioning helped a lot. good enough for now anyway but i'm only mid 30s. we'll see in 10 years

in 10 years human/kb interaction will be a thing of the past :rodtronics:

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
imo one rsi thing you can try that is usually overlooked is some kind of fingerless gloves

offices get kept cold as poo poo for no reason and if your hands are cold and you're typing all day it can gently caress em up real quick

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

jimmyjams posted:

imo one rsi thing you can try that is usually overlooked is some kind of fingerless gloves

offices get kept cold as poo poo for no reason and if your hands are cold and you're typing all day it can gently caress em up real quick

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

jimmyjams posted:

keep my office set at 76°F

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Raluek posted:

if it's not plugging into a native ps2 port, you are using an active adapter. does that adapter support nkro? my understanding was generally not

model m *hardware* (which unicomp is) doesn't support nkro. pretty sure that means you're not going to get nkro no matter what it goes through.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

jimmyjams posted:

Wait, really? I keep my office at 64-68f. (Their AC is free to me, so why not enjoy it)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

have any of you rsi sufferers used a rollermouse? a co-worker of mine swore by it

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

have any of you rsi sufferers used a rollermouse? a co-worker of mine swore by it

a what

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

a rollermouse

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

a rollermouse
wow i had never heard of this before. super weird. it looks comfortable but really, really slow to use.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Wanted to try one, but since my pain is/was in the thumb, a finger trackball makes more sense.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

it also looks like it would be tricky with multiple monitors due to the limited left-right track, but maybe practice lets you crank up the sensitivity

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Elecom huge. Tons of programmable buttons + Advantage2 and keyboard macros. It's what you really need, even if it doesn't look cool. Keyboard macros own.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

a few people at work have them and i've tried them out very, very briefly. they are surprisingly easy to use for how strange they look. multiple monitor or even ultrawide could be an issue, yeah, it's probably one of those things you're just going to have to experiment with yourself.

but drat they're ffffucking expensive, yowza.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

blugu64 posted:

Elecom huge. Tons of programmable buttons + Advantage2 and keyboard macros. It's what you really need, even if it doesn't look cool. Keyboard macros own.

ever tried one of these bad boys?

found it while searching for your elecom

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jenny Agutter posted:

ever tried one of these bad boys?

found it while searching for your elecom

what the

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol, graph doesn't know about the three trackballs

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 5, 2018

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
that looks like a back massager

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

it's for color grading (idk some pagancow type poo poo) and costs $350

same company also makes this crazy fucker for $15,000 :eyepop:

the labels underneath the buttons and knobs are all tiny displays :popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This elecom site is great.

"Sound is curious place, but adopts silent Switch usable calmly. By design which came out of shape of the hand, we realize good point of further 'grip feeling'."