Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

RBA Starblade posted:

I forgot there were no new strikes, ugh

I'm 580 lmao rip me

540 here and I'm wondering why I even bothered buying the pass at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol at people defending No New Content on Black Armory release date December 4 2018

"it's actually good"

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

you aren't nearly mad enough

I'll save that for six weeks from now when everyone in the thread has burned through all the content and now has nothing new to do for more than a month.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

I'll save that for six weeks from now when everyone in the thread has burned through all the content and now has nothing new to do for more than a month.

look one post above yours! that is the correct amount of Mad to be while playing destiny 2 the video game

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
my favorite times are when this thread becomes indistinguishable from reddit, a place that is basically the sewer of the internet

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

you aren't nearly mad enough

sir this is a destiny thread, star wars is that way

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

my favorite times are when this thread becomes indistinguishable from reddit, a place that is basically the sewer of the internet

I also enjoy your posts.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

Best part is the cycle of DLC Releases

Rational, calm genius: hmm seems like some aspects of this expansion were not well thought out

Raving madman: whoa whoa settle down whiny baby bitch it's actually what was expected so lmao if you have problem with bad thing

RCG: it has been several weeks and the problems have subsided. Wish there hadn't been a problem though!

RMM: loving lmao u still playing after you said it was the worst thing ever just lol at how mad you were and there isn't even a problem now

Repeat quarterly forever

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Rational, calm genius: hmm seems like some aspects of this expansion were not well thought out

Raving madman: whoa whoa settle down whiny baby bitch it's actually what was expected so lmao if you have problem with bad thing

RCG: it has been several weeks and the problems have subsided. Wish there hadn't been a problem though!

RMM: loving lmao u still playing after you said it was the worst thing ever just lol at how mad you were and there isn't even a problem now

Repeat quarterly forever

https://i.imgur.com/G3WHt27.gifv

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Emron posted:

I also enjoy your posts.

my posts are very bad, raise your standards

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Goddamnit I'm still at work and this is making want to get drunk and hang out with friends instead of getting drunk and badly playing destiny.

I saw a thing on reddit about some lock and key exotic quest so I guess I'll grind that poo poo out and pretend I'm playing new narrative content.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Repeat quarterly forever

Nice meltdown

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

I'm not joking when I say the annual pass will be worth it if I can just get that ONE loving EXOTIC THAT LETS ME DRAW DICKS

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No I was actually the rational calm genius Fuckkk

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm the rational calm madman, or maybe the raving genius.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Nice meltdown

lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol there's literally no Content for two weeks

Abandon hope all ye who enter the match made forge this week

*Spends twenty minutes on Mars doing all the variations of power weapons/powerful kills*

*Goes into 615 first wave forge*

*Dies*

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm 580 lmao rip me

LMNFAO yup, I'm like 575, guess I'll see the Forge in Feb.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Sidestepping the core of the argument for a moment, I opened Twitch at lunch to peep the new activity and all the streamers I follow were doing the raid instead because they needed more LL. That's not a great impression.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What's ~The Argument~? I just wish there was something new to do today. Because I like Destiny the video game and wanna do new cool stuff for great loot

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
real talk, raid is going to be the fastest. A full pass with keys is gonna be a light rocketship

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's ~The Argument~

ur posting lmbo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

real talk, raid is going to be the fastest. A full pass with keys is gonna be a light rocketship

Mikey-San posted:

Sidestepping the core of the argument for a moment, I opened Twitch at lunch to peep the new activity and all the streamers I follow were doing the raid instead because they needed more LL. That's not a great impression.

Anybody know if the Streamers getting raid drops at like 601? Or like 605? I'll find out myself tonight but if anyone currently knows, thank you and god bless

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The 3 strike milestone netted me a 602

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I did see a new machine gun with high impact reserves and feeding frenzy

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

I'm hoping the RNG will play out and new content (guns) will appear as people play.

Bungie said they wanted to more secret poo poo which sounds like time-gating content behind the world's vaguest clues.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Jay Carney posted:

I'm hoping the RNG will play out and new content (guns) will appear as people play.

Bungie said they wanted to more secret poo poo which sounds like time-gating content behind the world's vaguest clues.

There's some symbol map in the new forge with glowing symbols you can only see through the scope of a BA weapon.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

this sound like when an ex of mine made my birthday party a scavenger hunt that plainly led to a surprise party so i just called my best friend and showed up without having to go to a pizzeria in staten island or some poo poo.

the irl nintendo power cheat line

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

moist turtleneck posted:

lol there's literally no Content for two weeks

Abandon hope all ye who enter the match made forge this week

*Spends twenty minutes on Mars doing all the variations of power weapons/powerful kills*

*Goes into 615 first wave forge*

*Dies*

Ok let's be real here I made it to wave 2 17/20 with pubbies at 600 I'm sure after you cycle your weeklies and get some friends together you can clear it if not make progress on wave 3.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
They could have maybe included a couple of new strikes. Anyone know how to get black armory armor? Is it from the yet-impossible forge?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really don't get the decision to make the Forge activity functionally require a light level that will take like a week or more for players who were already 600 to acquire. They're already rolling out Forges slowly over time. Why does this first one need to be level-gated?

I think anyone who was paying attention expected today's release to be relatively small with more to come. The problem is that the new content is there but people can't really do it yet for a reason that feels extremely arbitrary.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Eej posted:

Ok let's be real here I made it to wave 2 17/20 with pubbies at 600 I'm sure after you cycle your weeklies and get some friends together you can clear it if not make progress on wave 3.

moist turtleneck posted:

The 3 strike milestone netted me a 602

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Y'all are quite silly

Wave 1 of Forge is only 610, perfectly doable at 600

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

They’re level gating rather than just time hating because it gives people a reason to play. They’re just desperate to avoid the content droughts that turned destiny 1 into either people playing 24/7 or complying 24/7 (while still playing).

It’s stupid but what can you do, the destiny fan base seems to think they have to play this game literally every day or it’s poo poo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Menstrual Show posted:

the destiny fan base seems to think they have to play this game literally every day or it’s poo poo.

yeah, if you read the reddit or bungie.net forums this becomes increasingly obvious that none of them are capable of taking breaks or playing anything else

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Menstrual Show posted:

They’re level gating rather than just time hating because it gives people a reason to play. They’re just desperate to avoid the content droughts that turned destiny 1 into either people playing 24/7 or complying 24/7 (while still playing).

It’s stupid but what can you do, the destiny fan base seems to think they have to play this game literally every day or it’s poo poo.

I recognize that they are intentionally stretching this out, but that doesn't mean the level-gating makes sense. It doesn't even make sense from that perspective.

If this Forge topped out at 615 light, the rate at which people complete content wouldn't really change at all. They're still releasing a second Forge on Friday, the third one a couple weeks from then, and a probably fourth in January. That cadence doesn't change at all. Dropping a new activity today at a light level most people can't do with no new methods of leveling up is just a baffling decision from any perspective.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah but the raid is loving 80s gay

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Emron posted:

There's some symbol map in the new forge with glowing symbols you can only see through the scope of a BA weapon.

I loving hate symbols so much gently caress off with the symbols bungie

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1070090332400844802

lmbo that legitimately rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Confirmation that all you need to be a boss in the destiny universe is a multiplier to your base scale.