Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Gorka and Peterson are doctors, so you know they know what they're talking about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

He goes without making GBS threads himself for maybe a whole day and they can’t help themselves.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

"President didn't gently caress up - for an entire week!"

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Is there a way to will a meteor into existence?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
lol, Trump is blaming the Paris Accords for the protests in France

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1069766626038308864

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm an 83 baby. I remember a news channel advertising that they were there to record the Berlin Wall falling. I remember Nelson Mandela being released from prison (it helped that I lived in South Africa at the time). I remember.....a poo poo load of sporting events.
Also as a South African American politics didn't exist for me until Sept 11, 2001. As a Canadian now, Canadian politics didn't exist for me until I actually moved to Canada 15 years ago.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The President was a very good boy today. He didn't throw any tantrums and made it to the potty each time.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Who's a big boy flying on planes and going to funerals?

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Jesus christ, will every news agency please kill the opinion section. They can't even report news, how do they think they can handle opinion

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

lol, Trump is blaming the Paris Accords for the protests in France

he picked this up from the right wing echo chamber.

related to that nbc op-ed:

https://twitter.com/timothypmurphy/status/1070090149747413000

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

okay so Mueller's office is apparently actually communicating with press about this filing, so I am ratcheting up my expectations to it being a huge deal

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1070091123614457856

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Serfer posted:

Jesus christ, will every news agency please kill the opinion section. They can't even report news, how do they think they can handle opinion

OPED sections are just welfare for rich, talent-less idiots that couldn't use their family/college connections to get real jobs.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

eke out posted:

okay so Mueller's office is apparently actually communicating with press about this filing, so I am ratcheting up my expectations to it being a huge deal

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1070091123614457856

I think Manafort Friday will be more spicy but Mueller talking to the press is def unprecedented

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1070089365995642881
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1070089367224549377

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Didn't he call himself Tariff Man man, like today?

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

This is Trump's face when he realised he's a Jimmy Carter's heartbeat away from being the oldest living US president despite being the incumbent.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JasonV posted:

Hang on... have I been doing it wrong this whole time?

the only thing on your mod history sheet is the crow i gave you

:bird:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cr0y posted:

I think Manafort Friday will be more spicy but Mueller talking to the press is def unprecedented

yeah i'm not even joking. other than the occasional heads up where they let media know like "you should probably be at ___ courthouse at ___ o'clock this morning for something important" i've never heard of them announcing timing like this

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/aflores/status/1070088528623689728?s=21

I’m smacking my head against the desk right now

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Guarantee you he was in a meeting with some of his administration and he just asks, unprompted, how about we charge them? Then there was a long moment of silence and then everyone else went on pretending he had never said it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Man it's so obvious when he doesn't write them

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Has he ever used the word "whitewashing" in a sentence before?

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

might wanna be a little more specific to the guy you backed after he invaded another neighbor.

More likely Saddam knew exactly what the US representatives meant, and ignored them anyway. Also the vague phrasing in that article with the implication that Glaspie wanted Saddam to invade, suggests to me the author knew everything I said, but was intentionally establishing a framing that would mislead the reader. Very bad style.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Then there was a long moment of silence and then everyone else went on pretending he had never said it.

Way better before the edit.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Ugh this is just depressing, we're the 7th worst polluters per capita, after a bunch of oil-producing states and Australia.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Isn't this like, against the whole international asylum laws? I'll admit I don't know them well, but I do know the whole point is that the people can't stay where they are because of <reason> (usually death if they stay) and so things like asking for asylum after showing up is kosher. And I say kosher because wasn't the driving force behind the laws jews being unable to flee the holocaust?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Smeef posted:

Gorka and Peterson are doctors, so you know they know what they're talking about!

Gorka's thesis:

Peterson's book:

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Has he ever used the word "whitewashing" in a sentence before?

Somebody please ask the president what he means by whitewashing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Squalid posted:

More likely Saddam knew exactly what the US representatives meant, and ignored them anyway. Also the vague phrasing in that article with the implication that Glaspie wanted Saddam to invade, suggests to me the author knew everything I said, but was intentionally establishing a framing that would mislead the reader. Very bad style.

this is unlikely considering he wouldn't have invaded if he thought we'd respond.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

eke out posted:

here is a take for everyone to enjoy

lol that the media have lowered their standards so much that a few days without some colossal fuckup is considered impressive

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lycus posted:

Put on Shrek and laugh hysterically and clap everytime Eddie Murphy talks.

Eddie Murphy already has enough of his own children to have them do that for him

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Barudak posted:

Eddie Murphy already has enough of his own children to have them do that for him

He had his 10th child today, not sure if you saw or if this was just a coincidence:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1069758232728666112

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/1070096142354923520

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

Isn't this like, against the whole international asylum laws? I'll admit I don't know them well, but I do know the whole point is that the people can't stay where they are because of <reason> (usually death if they stay) and so things like asking for asylum after showing up is kosher. And I say kosher because wasn't the driving force behind the laws jews being unable to flee the holocaust?

international law is toothless and is especially toothless with the usa which goes out of it's way to avoid signing anything to do with human rights

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is unlikely considering he wouldn't have invaded if he thought we'd respond.

Thinking the US will disaprove and thinking they will respond militarily are two different things.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ZypherIM posted:

Yes, the point is that asylum seekers are in danger and need to have their cases expedited. They are not supposed to effectively go through normal immigration channels

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

"Your honor, I object to this evidence of guilt being entered into the record on account of it making my client look guilty"

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

the only thing on your mod history sheet is the crow i gave you

:bird:

A-ha! That's how that got there. I was wondering what I'd done to deserve it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

spunkshui posted:

Somebody please ask the president what he means by whitewashing.
Or how tariffs work.