Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

It's kind of amazing what a loving child he is. Like he is such a monumental fuckup, probably the grandest Chauncy Gardiner of all time yet he can't face the smallest criticism or he hides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Maybe. I feel like there are pros and cons to both. like trump getting removed would send a message to the world that we will remove psychos like him if they fall to high(like turkey used to do) but it could make trump a martyr to the chuds but it might kick American overt fascists back in the closet for another generation, same with he gets elected out.

I would be down for a compromise situation where Trump goes to prison after his name on the ticket just destroys Republicans in 2020.

Although he should be jailed after the election but before he leaves office. None of this precedent setting the President is above the law while in office bullshit.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Random Stranger posted:

The real beauty of it is that
... this thread was 2873649287364982746% sure that he wouldn't even be invited. Now he's not only invited, but the whole event is a total kowtow to him.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Shouldn’t ban Avenatti folks yet. There’s still time for #basta to change his mind and cruise to easy victory.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

lol why? It's not like they loving want him there

Because the Bush's are (rightly) afraid that the wheels are coming off the Decorum bus. If a sitting president misses a past president's funeral, that's out and out unheard of. A sitting president not being allowed to speak at a former president's funeral is bad enough and causing shock, but everyone knows having him actually speak would be 100x worse.

The Bush's want him there about as much as they want kidney stones, but they're afraid that not having him there will do more damage to the Republicans, and therefore their own political power, by visibly showing how badly Trump's very existence is destroying norms in the political sphere. They're basically trying to staunch the bleeding.

It's just many of us here-who are both politically aware but out of the echo chamber the Republicans are in-feel it's too little, too late. They're trying to staunch the bleeding of a patient's arm, when most of us are convinced a patient's bigger issue is the steel rebar impaling the poor sucker's lungs.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Two birds with one stone, give all the rich gay people money to poor people

You know those rich gay people are gonna vote Republican after they control the narrative and get everything they want.

They are still rich and/or white.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/HenryGraff/status/1069794503173787649

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1070062152302571520

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1070078502236549122?s=19

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

I think there's a risk of Trump's popularity suddenly upticking at the end, while a removal could remain a stain on the GOP even afterward. Or GOP turnout is depressed by Trumpist Republicans pissed at their senators.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Alkydere posted:

Because the Bush's are (rightly) afraid that the wheels are coming off the Decorum bus. If a sitting president misses a past president's funeral, that's out and out unheard of. A sitting president not being allowed to speak at a former president's funeral is bad enough and causing shock, but everyone knows having him actually speak would be 100x worse.

The Bush's want him there about as much as they want kidney stones, but they're afraid that not having him there will do more damage to the Republicans, and therefore their own political power, by visibly showing how badly Trump's very existence is destroying norms in the political sphere. They're basically trying to staunch the bleeding.

It's just many of us here-who are both politically aware but out of the echo chamber the Republicans are in-feel it's too little, too late. They're trying to staunch the bleeding of a patient's arm, when most of us are convinced a patient's bigger issue is the steel rebar impaling the poor sucker's lungs.

I would say that this is just more self serving and cynical politicking from the Bushes.

Trump might just be vile enough to blow the lid off of the norms and decorum that ensures a respected legacy for all elder statesmen.

If Trump dies and it’s widely seen as acceptable to piss all over his grave, it’ll become much more acceptable to tear down the false legacy of the criminal Bush clan. Given their family history, they should be heavily invested in keeping that decorum alive.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

If anyone wants to get their hopes up, the fact that multiple sources are allegedly talking to Yashar about the Flynn memo is extremely curious to say the least

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1070079673084764160

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Lightning Knight posted:

Your forums account will be old enough to vote in 2020. :toot:

My forums account is old enough to vote now. It might have even voted in the midterms, I didn't ask.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
trump is going to somehow tweet that bush having a funeral and him not having one is unfair and then make some claim he's going to stand in the statehouse and people will have to come say nice things about him like they are about bush

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I was born in 93

I was a republican as a child during the early bush years

but only because i liked elephants better than donkeys. that is literally the only reason

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

jesus I assumed there'd be a late-day bounce back and the dow would only end down ~400 or something

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jfc is his mom a Nazi too? Or is he just sending mom Nazi poo poo. Argh

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Bullfrog posted:

I was born in 93

but only because i liked elephants better than donkeys. that is literally the only reason

my son is being forced to be a donkey in his preschool play, and he keeps screaming at me that he doesn't want to be a donkey. is this going to make him a republican?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Bullfrog posted:

I was born in 93

Dude, you looked at the two parties, you identified which issues resonated with you, and you chose your party. A++++ citizenship, would allow to participate in democracy again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

big trivia FAIL posted:

my son is being forced to be a donkey in his preschool play, and he keeps screaming at me that he doesn't want to be a donkey. is this going to make him a republican?

Sit your son down and explain to him in no uncertain terms will you allow him to be a fuckin ogre.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Bullfrog posted:

I was born in 93

I know someone that was republican as a child because they thought Dukakis' name was "eggo dukakis" for some reason and they found this deeply offputting.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

big trivia FAIL posted:

Put on Shrek and laugh hysterically and clap everytime Eddie Murphy talks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Squalid posted:

It’s hard to take anything in this article seriously when it is badly misrepresenting Glaspie’s communication with Saddam. “Effect greenlight” leaves a lot of room for uncharitable interpretations. This is frustrating because we have great documentation on the subject of her conversations, intentions, and instructions from her superiors, which all make it clear that though the US would not take a position on the Iraqi-Kuwaiti border issue, it definitely wasn’t tacitly supportive of military intervention. This is clear both in transcripts released at the time and in secret diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks anyone can easily read for themselves. At worst we can say her statements were misinterpreted by Saddam but even that stains credulity.

might wanna be a little more specific to the guy you backed after he invaded another neighbor.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

my bony fealty posted:

Jfc is his mom a Nazi too? Or is he just sending mom Nazi poo poo. Argh

chill out ma, it’s just meeeeemes

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

When I was a kid, I thought Iran Contra was a sequel to the video game Contra.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol this thread.

https://twitter.com/poopjeans/status/1070073573312749568

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
As a child I had a pet turtle named George Bush because, I don't know, we'd just immigrated to America and that was one of the only names I knew? Anyway George Bush's box was in the backyard and he chewed a hole through the cardboard and somehow managed to cover it with a plant and escaped, Shawshank Style.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

isildur posted:

My forums account is old enough to vote now. It might have even voted in the midterms, I didn't ask.

How the gently caress do you post here for 20 years and not get probed? What are you even doing with your forums account? For shame!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This line up

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I thought you could only invoke the fifth when actually being questioned, not just say "nah" to an imperative to appear

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1070082687614935040

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dinesh always looks like he's farting when he smiles.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I remember as a kid telling my dad to vote for "Lost Perot" because it was the only one of the three candidates whose name I (thought I) could understand + pronounce at the time. I ended up leaning left pretty early on, and was one of the only kids at my Catholic grade school to like Gore more than Bush, where everyone on the Bush was, unsurprisingly, yammering nonstop about abortion and Gore being a baby killer because, Catholic school and Catholic neighborhood. I left after high school and have never ever looked back.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seemingly unnecessarily, since it appears they weren't subpoenaed just requested by Feinstein independently of the majority

note that Stone now has four separate attorneys

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

How the gently caress do you post here for 20 years and not get probed? What are you even doing with your forums account? For shame!

Hang on... have I been doing it wrong this whole time?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Rassle posted:

When I was a kid, I thought Iran Contra was a sequel to the video game Contra.

Oliver North: *slaps spread gun” “This baby can fit so much loving treason in it.”

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

What the hell is this smug smile poo poo half of them are trying? Also whatever filter they're using looks weird. I haven't gone to compare, but my brain is saying they're going for a Nixon look.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The Ten People You Meet in Hell

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

okay yeah

https://twitter.com/EricColumbus/status/1070070623509000192

that's what i was thinking. Stone's letter is just for attention/to taunt the democrats/to show off how loyal he is to Trump

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Thanks to that, I’m now aware there are James Fields truthers.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

here is a take for everyone to enjoy

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1070079566050418688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Nice ratio. Replies are all pretty great.