Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Should liquidate and convert your investments into Dinar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not Dinar, invest in bitcoin! They just had their black friday sale, now it can only go up uP UP

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Guy come on now we all know TSLA will make us rich rich RICH

https://twitter.com/markbspiegel/status/1069413277476769794

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i haven't gotten to read it yet, but in the cspam elon thread I guess as part of the lawsuit from the guy that he called a pedo that it was revealed that his tube to save the kids in the cave was like 12 inches wide lol

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I had to see this and now all of you have to

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1070066047414345729

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

gently caress you, you monster.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Will never not laugh at them getting pissy about Fish Kills

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bolow posted:

https://twitter.com/BenFromEssex/status/1070086929306304512

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/SmelOdiesOG/status/1070094666920550402

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bolow posted:

Ban this monster

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bolow posted:

I’ll do this when PETA stops euthanizing animals and unfucks its stance on pit bulls.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bolow posted:

this is the best thing i've seen in a while

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Some of those are pretty clever

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
PETA really grabbed the tiger by the tail.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Bolow posted:

This lead to me reading the Wikipedia page on speciesism which links to a paper titled "Can the Treatment of Animals Be Compared to the Holocaust?" :yikes:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
US gives Russia 60 days to comply with the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...TFIXjEX2BCXjXCA

posted:

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The United States delivered Russia a 60-day ultimatum on Tuesday to come clean about what Washington says is a violation of a arms control treaty that keeps missiles out of Europe, saying only Moscow could save the pact.

NATO allies led by Germany pressed U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo at a meeting in Brussels to give diplomacy a final push before Washington pulls out of the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty, fearing a new arms race in Europe.

“Russia has a last chance to show in a verifiable way that they comply with the treaty ... but we also have to start to prepare for the fact that this treaty may break down,” NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg told reporters.

NATO foreign ministers agreed to formally declare Russia in “material breach” of the INF treaty in a statement in support of the United States, after Pompeo briefed them at the alliance headquarters in Brussels on Russian violations and on U.S. President Donald Trump’s stated aim to withdraw from it.

Russia denies undertaking any such development of land-based, intermediate-range Cruise missile capable of carrying nuclear warheads and hitting European cities at short notice.

Germany, the Netherlands and Belgian are concerned about the deployment of U.S. missiles in Europe - as happened in the 1980s, touching off large anti-American demonstrations - while being caught up in nuclear competition between Moscow and Washington.

A U.S. exit from the INF treaty would put another strain on NATO allies already shaken by Trump’s demands for higher defense spending and what diplomats say is a lack of clarity about where U.S. strategy is heading on the issue.

While Stoltenberg said there would now be an intense diplomatic push to try to convince Russia to give up what Pompeo said were “multiple battalions of the SSC-8 missiles”, Washington is set to start to pull out in February, prompting a six-month withdrawal period under the accord, diplomats said.

“Its range makes it a direct menace to Europe,” Pompeo said of the missiles, which also are called Novator 9M729. He added that Russia’s actions “greatly undermine America’s national security and that of our allies”.

Difficult to detect and fired from mobile launchers, the Russian missiles are especially dangerous because they reduce the warning time that NATO air defenses might have to shoot them down, military experts say.

Pompeo said the U.S. government had raised the issue at least 30 times since 2013 with Moscow but had faced what he said were denials and counter-actions.

He also said that the United States had evidence that the test launches were from a single site in Russia, the Soviet-era base Kupustin Yar, near Volgograd, southeast of Moscow.

“In the light of these facts, the United States declares Russia in material breach of the treaty and will suspend our obligations ... effective in 60 days unless Russia returns to full and verifiable compliance,” Pompeo said.

EUROPE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE
Washington has said it would be forced to restore the military balance in Europe after the 60-day period but Pompeo declined to elaborate, saying only that tests and deployments of new missiles were on hold until then.

He also said that because China, Iran and North Korea were not signatories to the INF, the United States was putting itself at a disadvantage by not developing medium-range missiles, citing three failed diplomatic attempts to enlarge the treaty.

However, experts believe the United States would be better off modernizing its long-range missile deterrent and ensuring that it could penetrate sophisticated Russian air defenses, rather than developing a new class of medium-range rockets.

The INF treaty, negotiated by then-President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev and ratified by the U.S. Senate, eliminated the medium-range missile arsenals of the world’s two biggest nuclear powers and reduced their ability to launch a nuclear strike at short notice.

U.S. Cruise and Pershing missiles deployed in Britain and West Germany were removed as a result of the treaty, while the Soviet Union pulled back its SS-20s out of European range.

The treaty requires the United States and Russia “not to possess, produce, or flight-test” a ground-launched cruise missile with a range capability of 500 km to 5,500 km (310-3,420 miles), “or to possess or produce launchers of such missiles.”

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:lol:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

apseudonym posted:

This lead to me reading the Wikipedia page on speciesism which links to a paper titled "Can the Treatment of Animals Be Compared to the Holocaust?" :yikes:

gently caress PETA. Send money, your time, food or toys to your local shelter instead.

You probably have something like this nearby.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I donate to the shelters where I've gotten our rescues before.

e

https://www.apnews.com/8335d630f04248fe9175f893c6641729

quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The attorneys general of the District of Columbia and Maryland plan to file subpoenas Tuesday seeking records from the Trump Organization, the Treasury Department and dozens of other entities as part of a lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of profiting off the presidency.

The flurry of subpoenas came a day after U.S. District Court Judge Peter J. Messitte approved a brisk schedule for discovery in the case alleging that foreign and domestic government spending at Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel amounts to gifts to the president in violation of the Constitution’s emoluments clause.

The subpoenas target 37 entities, including 13 Trump-linked entities and the federal agency that oversees the lease for Trump’s Washington hotel. Subpoenas were also being sent to the Department of Defense, General Services Administration, Department of Commerce and Department of Agriculture, all of which have spent taxpayer dollars at the hotel or have information on Trump’s finances relevant to the case.

Other Trump entities that officials plan to subpoena include those related to his Washington hotel and its management. Eighteen private entities including restaurants, venues and hotels that compete with the Trump hotel are also being subpoenaed to “illuminate the unfair nature of that competition,” said Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh.

“We’re seeking to confirm the information that everybody already knows: Trump’s violation of the emoluments clause of the Constitution,” Frosh said. “He’s received numerous payments from foreign governments and state governments and they’ve been funneled, at least in part, through the Trump (hotel) in D.C.”

While news organizations have reported how groups representing Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and the Philippines have hosted events at Trump’s D.C. hotel since he took office, the subpoenas offer the best chance to get a complete picture of which foreign and domestic governments are spending at the hotel, how much they are spending and where that money is going. They’re also trying to determine how Trump’s hotel is affecting the hospitality industry in D.C. and Maryland.

The subpoenas seek to prove that hotel revenues are going to the president through his affiliated entities, including The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust. Most of the records are being requested back to Jan. 1, 2015.

The Justice Department declined to comment. Neither Trump’s personal attorney on the case, William S. Consovoy, nor the White House responded to a request for comment Tuesday.

Trump’s Justice Department lawyers filed a notice to the court Friday indicating it plans to challenge the Maryland judge’s decision to allow the case to move forward. Justice lawyers have argued that earnings from business activity such as hotel stays don’t qualify as emoluments and that any discovery would “be a distraction to the President’s performance of his constitutional duties.”

The president’s notice that he may seek a writ of mandamus — to have the appeal heard by a higher court — is considered an “extraordinary remedy” that partly rests on showing Messitte’s decisions to be clearly wrong.

Because the president has not released his tax returns, any responsive records would likely provide the first clear picture of the finances of Trump’s business empire as well as his Washington hotel.

There is no indication yet that Frosh and District of Columbia Attorney General Karl A. Racine, both Democrats, would push for the president’s tax returns, at least in this initial round of legal discovery, given the sensitive nature of such a request and likely additional delays it would cause. But tax returns for some of Trump’s business entities, including the state and federal tax returns for the Trump Organization, are also being requested.

Co-counsel on the case is Washington-based nonprofit Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

The Treasury Department is being subpoenaed to determine not only whether its officials patronized Trump’s hotel but also to learn more about Trump’s promised donations of profit of foreign government spending at his hotel and similar businesses to the Treasury. In February, The Trump Organization donated $151,470 — what it said was the total amount of spending in Trump’s first year in office. The subpoena requests “all communications” regarding that payment.

State officials earlier told The Associated Press that the IRS would likely be subpoenaed, but it was unclear if that would happen on Tuesday or whether it would happen at all.

“We’re certainly not ruling that out, just like we’re not ruling out seeking the president’s tax returns,” Frosh said.

The Trump Organization said in an emailed statement to the AP that the company had “voluntarily donated” the profits and “intend to make a similar contribution in 2019.” The company did not comment on the case otherwise.

There is a separate federal lawsuit involving the General Services Administration, which oversees the lease for the hotel with the Trump Organization. Democratic lawmakers want to know how Trump was approved by the GSA to maintain the lease of the Trump International Hotel in Washington after he became president.

The hotel is housed in the historic Old Post Office, which is owned by the federal government, and its lease has a clause barring any “elected official of the government of the United States” from deriving “any benefit.”

Maine is also expected to receive a subpoena, likely because its governor, Republican Paul LePage, stayed at Trump’s D.C. hotel when he had official business to conduct, including discussions with the president. LePage’s office did not respond to a request for comment.

On one of those trips last year, Trump and LePage appeared together at a news conference at which Trump signed an executive order to review orders of the prior administration that established national monuments within the National Park Service. President Barack Obama had established a park and national monument in Maine over LePage’s objections in 2016.

If there are no delays, legal discovery would conclude in early August.

Break

Meullers office recommending no jail time to Flynn

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 5, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes...6684%23lastpost

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1069237523455590401

lol if you're still in

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
e: eh this joke sucked

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike Flynn is getting no prison time.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/04/politics/flynn-mueller-filing/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He cooperated substantially in the BLEEEEEP criminal investigation, providing information on BLEEEEEP, BLEEEEEP, BLEEEEEP, and BLEEEEEEEEP

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Current mood:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This had better have been good. The piece of poo poo deserves some jail time.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/schneidercnn/status/1070131034509979648?s=21

:stare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Casimir Radon posted:

This had better have been good. The piece of poo poo deserves some jail time.

Was it Flynn who was working with the Turks and wanted to black bag/disappear citizens or someone else. Cuz man, it really ought to be good if so.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it Flynn who was working with the Turks and wanted to black bag/disappear citizens or someone else. Cuz man, it really ought to be good if so.

Yup.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yes, Fethullah Gülen. The same one Trump talked about offering to the Turks if they'd stop being mad at KSA.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

joat mon posted:

Yes, Fethullah Gülen. The same one Trump talked about offering to the Turks if they'd stop being mad at KSA.

I'd move to Canada if I was that guy

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

joat mon posted:

Wasn’t Devin Nunes supposedly involved in the Gulen thing.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

DoktorLoken posted:

Wasn’t Devin Nunes supposedly involved in the Gulen thing.

No, though Flynn and Nunes were speakers at the same pre inauguration working breakfast for a few dozen foreign dignitaries. It was at that event that Flynn spoke privately with the Turkish foreign minister.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hard-hitting journalism from Reuters.

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1070125770138402817?s=21

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
driver sobbed after realizing it was a white woman more like

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Vasudus posted:

driver sobbed after realizing it was a white woman more like

driver sobbed after realizing he was arrested for murder and not assault

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Driver sobbed in joy after the police arrested him to stop irate protesters from ripping him limb from limb.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Drumiver is sob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
:lol: Roger Stone told congress that if they subpoena'd him that he'd plead the 5th.