Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

So does this make Hard Brexit the only thing that can happen? Nobody is able to do any kind of a brexit deal because the different parts of parliament hate each other and you've already started the article 50 leave process.

March 29 comes, nothing is done before that date -> Hard Brexit(tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Superanos posted:

So does this make Hard Brexit the only thing that can happen? Nobody is able to do any kind of a brexit deal because the different parts of parliament hate each other and you've already started the article 50 leave process.

The third government defeat last night meant that hard brexit is probably less likely, since it'll be up to parliament and despite appearances most people in parliament don't really want to nuke the country

But this IS hellworld...

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Bryter posted:

It's a lot of fun to contrast what currently counts as political news in Ireland vs. the UK

https://twitter.com/campaignforleo/status/1070030152657199106?s=19

Ha ha, the replies.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Barry Foster posted:

The third government defeat last night meant that hard brexit is probably less likely, since it'll be up to parliament and despite appearances most people in parliament don't really want to nuke the country

But this IS hellworld...

It makes Mays deal more likely apparently because all the hard brexiter will now vote for any brexit or something

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

It makes Mays deal more likely apparently because all the hard brexiter will now vote for any brexit or something

Oh. Disappointing

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Barry Foster posted:

Oh. Disappointing

It also makes referendum or no Brexit more likely as there's much less pressure on soft/no Brexit conservatives

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

just so long as whoever is in charge of the referendum keeps no deal off it because that will end up winning

that and putting the sort of rules that were on the scottish independence referendum on it that cameron didn't bother last time because he's a useless shite

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Jose posted:

that and putting the sort of rules that were on the scottish independence referendum on it that cameron didn't bother last time because he's a useless shite

If you mean the purdah rules they broke those repeatedly anyway so I wouldn't hope for them to save GB

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No it was basic poo poo like online adverts saying who paid for them and the like. Obviously its not perfect as this shows but its better than the poo poo people were being targeted with during the referendum

https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1070248848466022400

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Superanos posted:

Some EU courts threw them a bone a week or so back and said that the UK would technically be allowed to revoke article 50 on their own without giving EU members the power to veto it. I don't think anyone in the May government noticed.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1070238554972934144?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cancelling brexit would make me lol a whole lot,please do it

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
2000 AD presents: Brex-Cit.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Avirosb posted:

2000 AD presents: Brex-Cit.

this millenniums B.L.A.I.R 1 :ohdear:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kurtofan posted:

Cancelling brexit would make me lol a whole lot,please do it

This seems like it's the most laughing with the least death and misery, so I've decided to root for it. (It also means it won't happen. :smith:)

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://mobile.twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/595112367358406656

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Fewer than four in 10 Britons (38 per cent) now think the UK was right to vote for Brexit, while almost half (49 per cent) believe it was the wrong decision.

The 11 per cent gap is the widest recorded by pollsters YouGov in a regular series of monthly surveys for the Times, while the number believing Brexit was right is at its lowest and those seeing it as wrong at its highest.

Virtually every poll in the sequence since the summer of 2017 has found a majority believing that the wrong decision was made in the EU referendum of 2016.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

No contest:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

If it comes to a second referendum the remain side should campaign on "this bullshit will be loving OVER, forever, if you just vote to cancel brexit"

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Lol I just realised this is 'Peace for our Time' for the 21st century.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Superanos posted:

Earlier they were saying that the actionable deadline was in October or November because it takes some time to implement a deal. Not sure how much that has shifted.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeSegalov/status/1070293664474243073?s=19

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wow, what a piece of poo poo. Corbyn needs to take up the mace and strike her down.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
found an interesting map of nuclear targets in the UK.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

wait why are they nuking small villages in norfolk

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Whorelord posted:

Gotta nuke something.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Might result in horrible mutants with 5 fingers on each hand...

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
It's all airfields and ports, hence their apparent loathing of Shetland and the Western Isles

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Whorelord posted:

Maybe they watched threads and thought "wow nuclear war is terrible we better make sure everyone dies so theres no suffering"

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the Isle of Mann seems like it'd be a good setting for a post-apocalyptic open world.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mycroft Holmes posted:

found an interesting map of nuclear targets in the UK.

Sweet, neither Fort George nor Inverness Airport are getting nuked so I'll survive to die in the nuclear hellscape.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

ahahahaha lol

The funniest loving thing is how he instantly poofed into the pigfucking ether after the Brexit vote. Like it literally vaporized him.

Grape has issued a correction as of 18:44 on Dec 5, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1070382132432916481

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

Sweet, neither Fort George nor Inverness Airport are getting nuked so I'll survive to die in the nuclear hellscape.

Pictured:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Grape posted:

ahahahaha lol

The funniest loving thing is how he instantly poofed into the pigfucking ether after the Brexit vote. Like it literally vaporized him.
The king that was promised returns from Avalon to aid Britain in its darkest hour.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

This film will gently caress you up.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grape posted:

ahahahaha lol

Wasn't there some article earlier in the year about how he was bored to tears and thinking about jumping back into the arena?

I'd give a lot to watch Corbyn dunk on him, but it's not worth the aggravation.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Obliterati posted:

It's all airfields and ports, hence their apparent loathing of Shetland and the Western Isles

I think nuking Shanklin on the Isle Of Wight would improve the place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wasn't there some article earlier in the year about how he was bored to tears and thinking about jumping back into the arena?

I'd give a lot to watch Corbyn dunk on him, but it's not worth the aggravation.

Turns out you don't get boardroom jobs when you're responsible for brexit