Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

christmas boots posted:

While normally I would invoke Pete’s Law, the fact that she actually did offer him a participating role makes the title untrue and I feel the OP misled me. Therefore I’m siding with the GF in this case. Berth ell pup

Not wanting my partner to have a train run on them whilst I watch is abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s only an act of possession if she swallows the cum. :shrug:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Surely it's the other way around, as in he's a possessive rear end if he doesn't let her swallow those thick, ropey loads.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Possession is nine tenths of the jism.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

christmas boots posted:

While normally I would invoke Pete’s Law, the fact that she actually did offer him a participating role makes the title untrue and I feel the OP misled me. Therefore I’m siding with the GF in this case. Berth ell pup

How would that plural even work? Berth ell pupae? Berthi ell pupi?

Relationships are hard, man.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Berth llos pupos

At any rate they should break up and she can feel however she wants to feel about him afterward

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I gotta plead ignorance to what Pete's Law is but I'm sure it's a fun one.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
pete owns

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pirate Radar posted:

When your SO oversteps a major relationship boundary and wrongly accuses you of being an rear end in a top hat for having a problem with it you peace out and end things. No drama, no ultimatums, just a disappointed sigh and a clear, irrevocable breakup.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anomalous Blowout posted:

My (f26) boyfriend (m27) is anti-beardaments. Can I be annoyed?

TLDR: why is my boyfriend so weirdly protective over his facial hair

This is absolutely ridiculous but I (f26) need some help wrapping my head around this. I bought my boyfriend (m27) some cute beardaments for Christmas. For those of you who aren’t aware they’re essentially miniature clip-in ornaments for your beard. Google it plz.

Anyways, my boyfriend didn’t like this at all and said he in no way shape or form wants to modify his beard. Something along the lines of “I don’t have a beard to put stuff in it, I have a beard to have a beard”

I feel annoyed because it’s literally a clip in ornament it does nothing to his beard..and I wasted money on it. I thought it would be a nice accessory for the Christmas picture we take together.

It feels like such a small thing for him to take a stand on (although here I am also taking a stand on it)

So men with beards and boys/girls with boyfriends who have beards....is this weird beard protective thing a real thing? Or what’s going on here??

Hot take from someone who doesn't have and sort of dislikes beards: Pressuring your SO into wearing something they don't want to even if it's just as a joke, etc., is bad

Ultimately even if he were just giving a lukewarm "eh not really into it" she has to respect that and not try to push, it's his loving hair and she's completely in the wrong

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Wife

quote:

Hey Reddit, Sorry I hosed up the title! I did not mean to click post. I’ll try to make this as clear as I can, but I’m a lovely writer, so I apologize in advance. First, a little background. My (33m) wife (28f) and I have been married almost 7 years. We have two kids, both under the age of 10. Our marriage has been ‘normal’ we have had our ups and downs just like everyone. Nothing crazy...no cheating or major events.

A couple of months ago my wife had been in a weird mood. I thought maybe it was depression (she has ups and downs) so I was asking her what was going on, is everything ok? etc... I’ve had a feeling something was off, so I asked ‘is there someone else’ She says ‘yes’ and starts crying. I ask who the guy is. It turns out he was an ex bf and she has ‘a connection with him’ that I would not understand. She has been talking to this guy behind my back for years on and off because he ‘gets’ her. I do not have issues with her having male friends, even an ex...I have problems being lied to. Especially by someone who has had issues with every female friend I have had. She’s very jealous. Over the next few days I asked a lot of questions but did not get many answers. I wanted to know how much she talks to him, if it was sexting, if she had visited him in person (she says no) and did she tell him she loved him. I got a lot of ‘I can’t remember’ ‘I don’t think so’ etc. I was even told ‘I don’t love you like a husband’...that one hurt. I offered to go to marriage counseling, (she said no) I tried to be supportive...I told her even though I was hurt I understand she can’t help how she feels. I also told her that I would be willing to work on us if she would stop talking to him, and if not then I guess we need to separate. She said she was not going to stop talking to him.

As the months have gone by I have started to resent her a little. I have worked hard to support my family, bought us a home, pay for everything we have. I feel like I have provided a comfortable living on relatively little income. Nobody is going without. She has not worked 6 out of the 7 years...and it’s not like we don’t need the money. She spends a lot of time just hanging out and as of late she just seems to hangout and smoke weed all day while I’m at work and the kids are at school. She ‘cant’ work. She can’t do a lot of things and I feel like she uses her depression as an excuse. She’s to tired to get a job or to anxious to go grocery shopping...but has no problem going out with her friends, her mom or anything else she wants to do. Also was always to tired to do things I suggested like go for a walk, shopping, a hike...something other than being at home.

I have admittedly become distant. It’s been almost 9 months and I don’t feel like I have gotten the answers I wanted. We have kept things normal for the kids, nobody has moved out. I just sleep on the couch. She has recently said we should be together, just have an ‘open marriage’. I don’t see how that is a good thing for me. I feel like it’s just her way of keeping me supporting her and things just staying the same. Except now she can do whatever she wants and it’s ok because it’s an open marriage. She has also refused to answer anymore questions or talk about anything because she says ‘we have been over this’ even though I still feel like I have more questions than answers.

Reddit...based on what you have read, what the hell am I supposed to do? Any advice on how to handle this? If you have any questions or need clarity on something let me know.

Sorry for the cluster gently caress of words I just wrote.

jfc what a sad sack

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Theophany posted:

Wife

jfc what a sad sack

Wife

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
jesus.

"what would pete do" should be the "cut your dick off" of this thread.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Theophany posted:

We have kept things normal for the kids, nobody has moved out. I just sleep on the couch.

Yeah that seems totally normal and won't gently caress the kids up. Just get a divorce and be as good as you can be to them. This is not that.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

As we all know, children do very well in homes where both parents openly hate one another

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Wife"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

beardament woman just wants to take cutesy pictures for Instagram likes and is mad her man doesn't want to be her prop

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Fatkraken posted:

When your SO oversteps a major relationship boundary and wrongly accuses you of being an rear end in a top hat for having a problem with it you peace out and end things. No drama, no ultimatums, just a disappointed sigh and a clear, irrevocable breakup.

Ah, got it. Hell, that sounds reasonable.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I (21M) am trying to get out of the “Brother Zone” with my (20F) best friend.

quote:

Dear Community of r/Relationships,

I am in love with a woman. I don’t think I’ve loved anything else in my life the way I love her. However, it’s been a year since we first met, we became a very close friends, see each other everyday, hanging out, even traveling together, and she is too comfortable when she’s with me that she do things like sleep with me and get naked to change her clothes, but we never had sex for example or engaged in any sexual activity. Nevertheless, she only considers me as her best and closest friend and I never looked at her in this way. We are both lonely and not in a relationship with anyone else.

TL;DR I love a girl who only consider me as a close friend. Please, help. How do I get out of that zone without losing her?

Hiiighwayyyy to the Brother Zone

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

Ah, got it. Hell, that sounds reasonable.

To get the full Pete experience you need the whole 'Ultimatums are the tools of abusers....It's not an ultimatum I'm breaking up with you' part.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Theophany posted:

I (21M) am trying to get out of the “Brother Zone” with my (20F) best friend.

Hiiighwayyyy to the Brother Zone

Honestly if she has changed in front of him I'd say there's a pretty good chance she's waiting on him to make a move

In either case he should make his move and if she's not into it he should loving move on, 21 is too old for this poo poo

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
“I thought I’d let this chick know we were dating after I found out she was making it an open relationship.” :downs:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pirate Radar posted:

Every goon should know the Pete story. It's not even that long, but every line is gold:

Me [25 F] with my boyfriend [30 M] of 6 months - we broke up after I booked tickets to go on a trip with an ex from ancient history, who is more of a best-friend.Relationships

quote:

Did I screw up?

So, I (f/25) have been seeing my boyfriend, Pete (m/30) for 6 months and its been wonderful. I really thought I'd found "the one" with him, but after last night I feel my world has collapsed and am not sure I've made the right decisions or if I was right. My heart feels like its been pulled out of my chest and I can't sleep. I'd never felt like this about anyone before.

My good friend, who we'll call Dave, was my boyfriend from the age of 18 to 21, after which we broke up because we wanted different things in life. We stayed good friends though because we had a great friendship and had been through so much together. He lives in a different country at the moment but we still talk semi-regularly online and in Whatsapp. Pete knew that Dave was a friend of mine but didn't know he was an ex until about 2 weeks ago, when Dave asked me to visit him in Amsterdam while he's on a work trip (I live in the UK, he lives in Italy). I had already agreed and booked a ticket before I told Pete - they were on sale for a ridiculously low price on the dates that he would be there, so I jumped at the opportunity.

Pete seemed cool with it at first but after a few days asked me if there was any history between us. I was honest and told him there was. He didn't seem too bothered and eventually asked if I thought visiting an ex in another country was appropriate whilst in a relationship. I explained to him how Dave and my relationship wasn't like that and that we were strictly platonic. He didn't seem to really react, he just gave me a look that was...sarcastic, I suppose, would be the best way to describe it. I then told him that I wouldn't be controlled and hated men that thought they owned me and could tell me what to do. I told him I was free to see who I wanted and that I found his lack of trust in me upsetting, disrespectful and, perhaps, a sign of future abusiveness. I now realise that this may have been a bad thing to say. Again, he didn't really react so I thought that was the end of it.

Then, last night, he came around to my flat and broke up with me!

I asked him why and tried to get him to explain himself and he told me that my going away was to see "another man" a deal-breaker, that he'd been in this type of situation before and wasn't going to go through it again. I asked him if this was an ultimatum - I hate ultimatums, they are tools of abusers - and he said "No, its not an ultimatum. I've decided to break up with you. I have not presented you with any options. I just came to say goodbye."
Before I could say or do anything more, he kissed me on the forehead, said goodbye and walked away. He didn't seem angry, just...sad.
I tried to call him after, but he just texted me some bullshit about how this was for the best and that he wished me no ill will and hopes I'll be happy. He turned his phone off after whilst I bombarded him with texts and voicemails.

To make matters worse, I told Dave about what happened and he replied "Oh well, guess that means we can have even more fun then! ;o)" He didn't care about my relationship and my pain - he just wanted a hookup buddy and someone to get stoned with whilst he was in Amsterdam.
Now I've lost someone I love and my best friend - who I was only interested in as friends - has a different motive to me for meeting up. I feel like I've lost my partner and I've lost a best friend at the same time.

I tried calling Pete today, about an hour ago, and he actually answered! He told me that I should look to be with someone who wasn't so abusive. He said, "Please stop calling me - this is over. Have a nice trip to Amsterdam" Then he BLOCKED me! How could he do that to someone he loves? Is he over reacting or was I? What should I do now? Was I wrong?

tl;dr:
Booked tickets to visit best friend. Got dumped because he was an ex. Did I just dodge a huge bullet...or did he?
EDIT: OK I KNOW I hosed UP. What should I do?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Every time I read it it's like she gets owned even harder it's perfect

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Theophany posted:

Wife

jfc what a sad sack

Holy poo poo dude, leave! Your wife has openly told you that she's not in love with you and is in love with this other guy. There's a 99% chance she's already sleeping with him (his update is going to be him in shock that she's hooked up with this guy hours after agreeing to an open marriage).

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Ouhei posted:

Holy poo poo dude, leave! Your wife has openly told you that she's not in love with you and is in love with this other guy. There's a 99% chance she's already sleeping with him (his update is going to be him in shock that she's hooked up with this guy hours after agreeing to an open marriage).

Doing a thing is harder than not doing a thing and for a person who has lived their lives taking the path of least resistance, well

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Should be called Pete’s Rule because Pete rules.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Haifisch posted:

I (23f) work full time while my boyfriend (35m) stays at home and looks after the home/pets. Is this a terrible idea?

:yikes:
I can't be the only one picturing her boyfriend as Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker. She's almost literally living in a van down by the river.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Theophany posted:

More stupid than that girl that insisted on dressing like a clown?

In a similar vein...

So my girlfriend wants to be in a gang bang.... without me.

I am glad this guy made it explicitly clear she offered to compromise and have him in the gangbang, as it saved this thread pages of wedding day/mother’s day derail.

Theophany posted:

Wife

jfc what a sad sack

A one word title that was still mostly inaccurate.

Anyways, I saw this and while the post itself isn’t that good, the comment section is pretty funny, with OP arguing that people just don’t understand his and his bro’s love.

What is the best approach to buying a house with my best friend? - personalfinance

OP posted:

Preface: I've read previous posts about buying a house with a friend and I'm perfectly willing and expecting to hear a cacophony of "DO NOT DO THIS" posts. And I'll oblige to wear a dunce cap during this entire thing but here's the scenario.

Body: My best friend and I, for all intents and purposes have been brothers for our entire lives. He lost his early, mine left the family for drugs etc. and it's been me and him since I could remember. He's working in the union, has always had a job and extremely stable income. He's also rising through the ranks in his union. I'm a geologist and although financial hardships are possible I can not imagine any scenario where I'm without a job for more than a month or two. Employers seem interested in the work I'm doing and I have never gone on an interview without receiving an offer. Luck is sure to run out but let's play this scenario out as if we both will always have income to cover our share of the house.

We currently live together and want to invest in a property together. We want to gain equity in the housing market while also gaining the tax benefit of mortgage payments.

I've told him of the materials I've read and have told him most of the suggestions on here.

Having a contract signed as if we're enemies and are going to gently caress the other one over.
Play out scenarios where one's S.O. is over 5x a week and if and when they start paying rent & utilities.
If one partner wants to move out and leave the other with the mortgage.
Just in general to make sure all the realms of possibility are covered the legal language so we don't have to ever quarrel.
My main questions for this are how to do this in the most equitable way. For instance, let's run a scenario where we make a $50,000 down-payment ($25k each) for a $400,000 house. I ran some quick numbers and found that the mortgage would be about $1,100 each per month with a 20-year mortgage. If after 5 years ($66,000 each), he wants to move out, what are our best options?

Can We just agree to sell the property and split our equity portion of the total house sale?
Is one obligated to "buy" the other one out including half of the closing fee?
Do we count half of the mortgage interest expected to be collected as part of the 'buyout'?
In addition I have questions on an LLP vs an LLC. Are either considered a smart move when taking out a mortgage?

Please understand that when I see other posts people are warning them to protect themselves from being hosed over. Telling them to open up an LLC in their name and have the other pay them so they can't get hosed over, etc. etc. This is not what I want. I want to make sure that my buddy is protected and will not be hosed over. Neither of us are looking for financial gain on this (besides market growth if at all). What we want is to make sure that we're not paying rent anymore and can still live together.

Located in Long Island, NY.

Any and all help is truly appreciated. Now. Let me see those "DO NOT DO THIS" comments.

some guy trying to talk some sense into OP posted:

“Let me see those "DO NOT DO THIS" comments.”

Don't do this. This is a bad idea.

“If after 5 years ($66,000 each), he wants to move out, what are our best options?”

You pay lawyers to write a contract to protect yourselves. Congrats, you're now adversaries.

You then pay lawyers to decide whether or not you want to replace the roof because he thinks it needs to be replaced but you don't and you don't want to pay for it. So he pays for it and when you sell he sues you for your half of the roof.

Then you pay lawyers to decide whether or not you can force a a sale because the market went down and he wants out but you don't want to sell at a loss.

Then he pays lawyers because he accuses you of breaching some term of the original purchase agreement between your 2 LLCs that jointly own the LLC that owns the house.

Then you pay lawyers and appraisers because you can't agree on a fair sale price.

OP posted:

I appreciate your comment and of course without information this would be sound advice. But this is the scenario.

1. ⁠If he said we needed a new roof, I would get a new roof. If he said we needed a new roof and I couldn't afford it yet, he would wait until I could and then we would get the new roof.
2. ⁠We would never be adversaries unless we're playing a Mario Kart tournament. I can understand that some people may not have someone like this in their life and may find it hard to understand that these kind of friendships do exist but neither of us would ever do anything to maliciously hurt the other. Money or not.
3. ⁠If for any reason he wanted to sell and I loss money, I would be okay with that, because at that point I would be more appreciative of the rent savings and his friendship to be unappreciative of either.

What I'm trying to say is, if you ever want to see an example of what an amazing relationship looks like with great communication, come hang out with us. both parties are more than willing to put them self on a fire so the other doesn't get hot.

That being said, if you have anything to contribute to my actual questions I would appreciate it. Hell, if you have any jokes I would even appreciate those. But if these malevolent scenarios are not possible.

also OP posted:

He is my long-term life partner.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Does OP know there are cheaper ways to buy a closet to live in?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

They can just get married, all the legal framework is there.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I (30s/m) hurt my wife (30s/f) badly. Is there a way to move forward?[new]
submitted 17 hours ago by screwup93

quote:

Let me start by saying that I love my wife. She fun, smart, and attractive. We get along great and have a good marriage. However, we both got comfortable in the marriage and things got monotonous. I met a woman at work and we became close friends. My wife knew about the friendship and was cool about it. However, soon this woman was making me feel like my wife did when we first got together. We never crossed any lines physically, but we became too close emotionally. I was spending all my time texting her and no time was left for my wife. I caught myself wishing I could be with this woman instead. Here's the kicker: I never told her I was married.

My wife started to get suspicious and asked to see my texts. I said no, which made her more suspicious. She grabbed my phone and read a few messages before I grabbed it back. My wife literally crumpled down on the floor and started sobbing and that was the moment when the illusion shattered. I had convinced myself that I wasn't doing anything wrong because there was no physical intimacy, and that it was better to hide the emotional connection from my wife so I wouldn't hurt her. I realized right then how badly I'd messed up. I tried to touch her and she screamed at me and left. She sent me a text demanding to know all the details and I told her everything. Then, for three days, I didn't hear a word from her. She didn't answer a single text or call. I spent those three days looking at our old photos and walking down memory lane and feeling like poo poo for screwing up the best thing I've ever had.

My wife came back. She told me I had to get my act together, come clean to this girl and then cut contact, and allow my wife to go through my phone whenever she wants if I even want a chance of things working out. I want things to work with my wife, but I need her to trust me again. How do I move forward and help her to trust me? How to I fix our marriage?

TL;DR I got too close with a woman at work and now my marriage is in shambles.

How do you type those last three (bolded) sentences right after the first one?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Is the geologist job market hot right now? Maybe with oil companies?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Anomalous Blowout posted:

My (f26) boyfriend (m27) is anti-beardaments. Can I be annoyed?

TLDR: why is my boyfriend so weirdly protective over his facial hair

This is absolutely ridiculous but I (f26) need some help wrapping my head around this. I bought my boyfriend (m27) some cute beardaments for Christmas. For those of you who aren’t aware they’re essentially miniature clip-in ornaments for your beard. Google it plz.

Anyways, my boyfriend didn’t like this at all and said he in no way shape or form wants to modify his beard. Something along the lines of “I don’t have a beard to put stuff in it, I have a beard to have a beard”

I feel annoyed because it’s literally a clip in ornament it does nothing to his beard..and I wasted money on it. I thought it would be a nice accessory for the Christmas picture we take together.

It feels like such a small thing for him to take a stand on (although here I am also taking a stand on it)

So men with beards and boys/girls with boyfriends who have beards....is this weird beard protective thing a real thing? Or what’s going on here??

I'd bet money that if he demanded she dyed her hair green for Christmas photos she'd refuse.

He's allowed to have bodily autonomy. Especially when its going to be photographed.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dienes posted:

I'd bet money that if he demanded she dyed her hair green for Christmas photos she'd refuse.

He's allowed to have bodily autonomy. Especially when its going to be photographed.

uh, dying your hair is a pretty serious commitment. it'd be more like asking her to wear a green wig

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

dudeness posted:

This is super easy, just pretend like you don't know her from the podcast and tell her about it like it's something new you're recommending. Better to be thought a fool than a stalker.

Nah, that's weird. Nobody brings up podcasts in conversation organically. They're only on the third date, just say you didn't want to mention it because you figured she gets it all the time. Be honest

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

a7m2 posted:

just say you didn't want to mention it because you figured she gets it all the time. Be honest

stop being a sensible good relationship builder this instant

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Is the geologist job market hot right now? Maybe with oil companies?

My understanding was yes and no regarding oil business. They need less new people or anyone to do new exploration so not many new hires, but if you have a job it still pays unbelievably great.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

houstonguy posted:

I am glad this guy made it explicitly clear she offered to compromise and have him in the gangbang, as it saved this thread pages of wedding day/mother’s day derail.

A one word title that was still mostly inaccurate.

Anyways, I saw this and while the post itself isn’t that good, the comment section is pretty funny, with OP arguing that people just don’t understand his and his bro’s love.

What is the best approach to buying a house with my best friend? - personalfinance

Me(30m) and my husband(31m) having argument over roof.
Submitted 5 years from now

quote:

First of all I would like to preface this by saying I'm NOT GAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

christmas boots posted:

My (26M) boyfriend and I (25F) had a heated argument over him bringing dumpster food home which made me ill

This one time in college me and my friends went to a party where this girl we all knew was walking around with a loaf of bread, of which we all took a bite due to being very drunk. When we asked her where she got it, she said she pulled it out of the garbage behind Panera, which had closed for the night.

We forever called her dumpster bread after that day.