Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Julias posted:

Just a reminder that it has to be 180x180, <150kb (sometimes if it's really close to 150, it'll get too big through whatever method of upload SA uses), and has to be .png, .jpg, or .gif

Yeah, I cropped it to a square and resized it to 180x180, 7z pixels per inch - making it like 40kb or something. I had messed with all this before when making the fresh coffee alpha gif my avatar. I waited awhile for it to upload (as I'd had to do with the gif), but nothing.

It may be that it doesn't like the .jpeg extension, which while i know there's a difference in compression, one would think that if it accepts .jpg, it should accept .jpeg.
E: how do I keep sniping

E2: that didn't even come out as a gif, lol.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Both Slime and Zombie are doing well enough in sales that continuing seasons or an ending movie to tie things up are pretty much guaranteed.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Knorth posted:

:3: good majo-senpai

This looks kind of cute, what's the source?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Elephant Parade posted:

don't do toxxes, kids

that thread ruled it was worth ten dollars

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

an actual dog posted:

that thread ruled it was worth ten dollars

:same:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

StandardVC10 posted:

This looks kind of cute, what's the source?

Gotchu covered, fam.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

That looks cute as loving hell. You are a good person for sharing that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1070282736177311744

AAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What is this and why are we screaming about it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

AAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

But it doesn't answer the real question: who will be prez?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

doomrider7 posted:

That looks cute as loving hell. You are a good person for sharing that.
Most of the recs itt are made by DoubleDonut, Sharkey, Knorth, DisDisDis plus a few other fine goons who often also re-post them from the Shoujo, Josei & Romance, the Miscellaneous / Notorious Shounen & Seinen, the manga foodies, the vanilla & surreal slice-of-life threads and from whichever other thread. If you hunger for manga, those threads never fail to deliver. :)

Spiritus Nox posted:

What is this and why are we screaming about it
Low-key Rom-com about a girl who doesn't talk but likes to communicate through Senryu (to explain it in a short sentence: the less "serious" counterpart of Haiku), the delinquent boy she likes, and the dumb shenanigans that they commit while trying to pass the time at the club. It's cute, funny and HanaKana "voiced" Nanako in a promotional video for the manga. And tons of people (the dork writing this included) enjoy Ms. Hanazawa's work, so obviously some excitement is guaranteed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Low-key Rom-com about a girl who doesn't talk but likes to communicate through Senryu (to explain it in a short sentence: the less "serious" counterpart of Haiku), the delinquent boy she likes, and the dumb shenanigans that they commit while trying to pass the time at the club. It's cute, funny and HanaKana "voiced" Nanako in a promotional video for the manga. And tons of people (the dork writing this included) enjoy Ms. Hanazawa's work, so obviously some excitement is guaranteed.

Sounds cute.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

AAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

First Kaguya and now Senryuu, 2019 is going to be so good :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't forget We Can't Study is also getting an anime. So cute dummies guaranteed for 2019.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There's also Gotoubun next season which I'm looking forward to.

Now if only Komi-san got an announcement, then 2019 will be perfect.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

klapman posted:

Aaaaahhhh I want to get a guitar and play it on Rocksmith and become cool... K-ON will inspire me to become the next dave grohl (but guitar instead of drums)
Also, Klapman: There's also Justin Guitar, which is a bit more beginner-friendly and deffo good if you're starting from scratch. :)

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It may be that it doesn't like the .jpeg extension, which while i know there's a difference in compression, one would think that if it accepts .jpg, it should accept .jpeg.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there's actually any format difference between .jpg and .jpeg files. I'd try just renaming it to .jpg and uploading again.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

klapman posted:

Aaaaahhhh I want to get a guitar and play it on Rocksmith and become cool... K-ON will inspire me to become the next dave grohl (but guitar instead of drums)

Same but with drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCB6v6HFTu4&t=6s

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oregairu S1 finished. 8man is such a relatable rear end in a top hat, it's great :allears: I hear S2 is even better?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Oregairu S1 finished. 8man is such a relatable rear end in a top hat, it's great :allears: I hear S2 is even better?

S2 is where it went from a good romcom with a gimmick to something really special

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Wark Say posted:

Don't forget We Can't Study is also getting an anime. So cute dummies guaranteed for 2019.

Insert "I Feel Good" by James Brown.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

same but with castanets

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Yeah, I cropped it to a square and resized it to 180x180, 7z pixels per inch - making it like 40kb or something. I had messed with all this before when making the fresh coffee alpha gif my avatar. I waited awhile for it to upload (as I'd had to do with the gif), but nothing.

Use PNG instead. Use PNG always. JPG only wins out on very large consistently colored images, but is always worse quality for a given size (just, acceptably worse in some cases like game backgrounds where you don't need alpha channel).

Full quality PNG will still be well under 150kb. If it's not, you can strip the alpha channel in something like Gimp, but I know it won't even be close regardless.

Which image though?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Droyer posted:

S2 is where it went from a good romcom with a gimmick to something really special

The improvements in animation like focusing on small movements and unconscious behaviors are a big part of it, at least for me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ranzear posted:

Use PNG instead. Use PNG always. JPG only wins out on very large consistently colored images, but is always worse quality for a given size (just, acceptably worse in some cases like game backgrounds where you don't need alpha channel).

Full quality PNG will still be well under 150kb. If it's not, you can strip the alpha channel in something like Gimp, but I know it won't even be close regardless.

Which image though?

There’s no point in switching to png if the image is already compressed as a jpg, which I suspect is the case here.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

If you're using something 1:1 sure, but I would expect any decent source image to be scaled down. PNG will retain good interpolation better.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

season 2 is one of my favourite things ever

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

Oregairu has titanium-grade proof that little sisters can be rad, and S2 is the best proof of that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Looks like I need to get on it pronto after today's Bunny Girl Senpai. Do the chuuni, tennis kid and semi-delinquent girl ever get more development?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Ranzear posted:

Which image though?

You sound like my high school Photoshop teacher, lol.

It's this one, which ... was a png. I guess preview changed formats when I copied it.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ibblebibble posted:

Looks like I need to get on it pronto after today's Bunny Girl Senpai. Do the chuuni, tennis kid and semi-delinquent girl ever get more development?
Not really, but they become something of close acquaintances to 8man

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I mean, I could talk about levels tweaks to retain detail in downscaling and whatnot too. Retaining the lineart can be tricky.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

Very, very little in the anime. In the light novels, Saki (semi-delinquent girl) does get more more development and aside from Yui, she's probably held the longest crush on 8man; alas, of the many things the 2 seasons cut off, her development was the one thing that suffered the most by being left in the cutting room floor. With Saika (tennis kid) and Yoshiteru (chuuni voiced by the guy who inadvertently came to define much of what we associate with chuunibyo/the "8th grader disease"), while much of the same applies, they get little moments which I'd rather not talk about, since they're plot-related and were left in the anime.

Coaaab posted:

Not really, but they become something of close acquaintances to 8man
Also, basically this. It's a neat little thing that you'll dig once you see more context.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'll be honest, I keep mixing up Saki and Saiki's names, so when someone on reddit mentioned that Saki had a pregnancy route in the VN I kinda just went O_O

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

AAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

I've been having a terrible day but this made me so happy.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Fun fact: Gimp's lanczos3 interpolation will include off-canvas parts of layers. That top line will bug me forever.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Ranzear posted:

I mean, I could talk about levels tweaks to retain detail in downscaling and whatnot too. Retaining the lineart can be tricky.

Please do! I want a high fidelity cute alpha avatar

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
V cute alpha

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That's the ticket!

*checks url*

Wait is that my av now?
I have AVs turned off on my phone to save data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

:iiam: