Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Spiffster posted:

Boomers line of thoughts distilled. So what if It’s disastrous, I won’t live/be around to see it!

Yeah etch that on all of their loving tombstones. The earth will never be the same for them having lived on it, and it's all of us that'll pay the check when they're long dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Your Taint posted:

All the other former Presidents are singing the hymn. Trump is just staring blankly at an open page.

He can't read it.

He needs glasses to read, which is pretty normal for someone in their seventies, but he's so concerned about looking like a big strong boy he doesn't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely, unironically, believe the 'trump can't read' meme to be true

that video of the deposition made me buy into it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Mike Judge and Mike from MST are the literal only funny conservatives.

FALCON...FETCH ME A VOLE.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Koalas Massacre posted:

Bwaaaah!! 😲

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVMOlos4kVg

You need to use more KotH gifs.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Your Taint posted:

All the other former Presidents are singing the hymn. Trump is just staring blankly at an open page.

Tbf I do the same thing whenever I have to go to a funeral or whatnot in a church

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jimmy looks like he's having an ok day

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Guze posted:

He can't read it.

FTFY

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DanLinden/status/1070352370763292674

Oh for gently caress's sake not this again

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Incidentally, I am finally watching this show in its entirety now that it's on Hulu (had seen a bunch of episodes but never in sequence), and I cannot believe I waited this long. It's the best.

King of the Hill is the Bolt Thrower of television.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

FALCON...FETCH ME A VOLE.

Hmm, apparently Bill is a vole :thunk:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
All the talk of election fraud and of course it's Republicans who are the ones actually doing it.

Also very interested to see how the media treats Trump posthumously when he eventually shuffles off his mortal coil. Will they be able to maintain the decorum at all costs ideals they love so much? They managed with HW Bush and I am 100% sure they'll find a way to lionize Dubya as well. Trump might be so bad that even the media is unable to say nice things about him though.

I suppose a lot of that will depend on how his presidency ends as well, though. I was pretty young in 94 when Nixon died. Did the media fawn over him despite Watergate? Or did they actually talk about how he was a less than stellar person?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Guze posted:

He can't read it.

He needs glasses to read, which is pretty normal for someone in their seventies, but he's so concerned about looking like a big strong boy he doesn't.

Christ, his vanity rivals my grandmother's. She was so deaf by the time she was in her mid-70s that you had to literally yell so she could hear you, but she would not get a loving hearing aid because ~~~pride~~~

I disliked many of my relatives on my mom's side of the family, but I bore special hatred for that old racist fossil of a woman. She made my mother miserable, she ruined holidays and family gatherings, and she was just an unpleasant person to be around.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

Jimmy looks like he's having an ok day

Jimmy's gonna bury everyone on that pew with him

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

PARTNERS IN CRIME

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

sexpig by night posted:

Carter 2020

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

*opens note*

I did 9/11

Michelle: George -!

Bush: Heh heh

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Carter 2020. Except its Lee

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR7cQAjZsJI

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sexpig by night posted:

By his own hand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

Can't wait to see what he wins in the tontine.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
my god, the number of problems in this country that could be temporarily alleviated by a spontaneous meteor strike

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

my god, the number of problems in this country that could be temporarily alleviated by a spontaneous meteor strike

It's happened before

https://www.sciencenews.org/article...CHWXMFUx9yB26r0

In this instance, I'm assuming that the presence of Carter, as One Good Man, is staying the hand of God

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

As opposed to the meteor strikes planned in advance. :cheeky:

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

What exactly is going on with Jeb!'s wife's hair? It looks like her forehead is exploding.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Melania is actually sitting closer to Obama than Trump.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1070353399290519554

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We know that Trump uses glasses in private and he hates wearing contacts so he probably just can't see the lines and doesn't want to appear weak.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Spiffster posted:

Boomers line of thoughts distilled. So what if It’s disastrous, I won’t live/be around to see it!

He's the appropriate representative of the boomer generation in their twilight. It's the most spoiled generation in history burning down the future for a few extra years presiding over a dying system. We make fun of his incoherence and ignorance but he's speaking their natural language. The current political mood in the US and the west in general is actually distinct from the mid-1930s rise of fascism (unlike Brazil), its looking more like a Gotterdammerung.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

He's just wondering how long he has to sit there before he can go home for some executive time.

Also he has to poop.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The only Hymm Trump knows is hymmself

selec
Sep 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

It’s days like this that the entire American mainstream political press seems to be comprised of the kids who’d remind the teacher that they forgot to give out homework the day before vacation starts.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Guze posted:

Carter 2020. Except its Vince
ftfy

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1070353566852898816

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if the media had any balls or desire to tell the truth all their smug twitter poo poo would be about poo poo like 'oh I saw him cry when he saw a kid with cancer, Bush was so empathetic and kind (as long as the illness affected him in some way)' being complete bullshit and asking where his empathy was for people with AIDS, but yea stupid hall monitor "DONALD TRUMP DID NOT SING THE HYMN" poo poo is fine too I guess you useless cowards.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

We know that Trump uses glasses in private and he hates wearing contacts so he probably just can't see the lines and doesn't want to appear weak.

Serious question: is there any validity to the idea that a 2020 Democratic candidate should make use of this? Call Trump out for being too stupid to realize that it isn't 1985 anymore, mock his unwillingness to do things like wear reading glasses, call him weak and feckless for not standing up to Saudi Arabia and Russia?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I think I maybe know like one hymn, I'm not sure it's all that mockable. He still should've at least pretended though, what with being on camera and all.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Nocturtle posted:

He's the appropriate representative of the boomer generation in their twilight. It's the most spoiled generation in history burning down the future for a few extra years presiding over a dying system. We make fun of his incoherence and ignorance but he's speaking their natural language. The current political mood in the US and the west in general is actually distinct from the mid-1930s rise of fascism (unlike Brazil), its looking more like a Gotterdammerung.

I know that "wait until they all die" is not a valid political platform, but I'll be intensely happy when we're seeing puff pieces on local news stations about some of the last dying boomers, and their shrines to Saint Reagan.

DandyLion posted:

The only Hymm Trump knows is hymmself

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

selec posted:

It’s days like this that the entire American mainstream political press seems to be comprised of the kids who’d remind the teacher that they forgot to give out homework the day before vacation starts.

it's literally all liberals are capable of. You see how they collectively cream their jeans at W and Michelle being besties. They don't actually care about what loving subhumans these people are they care about the decorum.