Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Brony Car posted:

We have people who are proud to be deplorables too. It did my head in since people were happily labeling themselves as racist and otherwise horrible people.

I think "People Who Are Still Convinced Al Franken Did Nothing Wrong" fall under the "liberal deplorables" category, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

"I like presidents who are alive"

It's all petty bullshit, and HW was a war criminal who should have been wheeled into a furnace while still alive. But it's still fascinating how much of a Martian Trump is, totally incapable of faking the decorum stuff. Affluenza is real, it just means you should be punished 20xa as hard

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Payndz posted:

Is it too much to hope that first year will be 2019?

it sounds like we will hit a recession soon, maybe early next year.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dapper_Swindler posted:

agreed but i'll be cool with any opportunity the media has in taking shots at the stupid rear end in a top hat.

End of the day Trump isn't funny for the same reason cancer isn't funny. It's too real and too personal and too impersonal and too awful and too terrible.

Of course you can make jokes around cancer and jokes around Trump and I watch Colbert every night and it helps but the horrible reality remains regardless of your coping strategy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You gotta remember that conservatives have been branding themselves as counter culture since the 90's political correctness push. Like, they're not, they're profoundly regressive and rigid, but they very much have convinced a huge amount of their demographic that ACTUALLY they're rebels and cool and if everyone's calling them a stupid rear end in a top hat that just means they're winning baby

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Deified Data posted:

Trump being bored out of his mind and completely zoned out at a dead rear end in a top hat's funeral is like one of the few relatable things about him and his completele unwillingness to lie about how lame he thinks it all is is at least marginally more worthy of respect than everyone else in the room tripping over themselves to perform :decorum:
Not really, that's just how he is. Just plow ahead, someone else will clean up after him and it's not like anyone can yell at him. It's clear he doesn't listen to briefings or instructions, which is why he's constantly bumbling about, he's too stupid to ask for directions and too arrogant to look around for answers. Basically we elected a child to be president.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I think it's worth mocking trump for the not putting his hand on heart thing because that's precisely the sort of thing his supporters (and him) would have pounced on Obama for.

Anything that highlights his hypocracy is a good thing imo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sexpig by night posted:

You gotta remember that conservatives have been branding themselves as counter culture since the 90's political correctness push. Like, they're not, they're profoundly regressive and rigid, but they very much have convinced a huge amount of their demographic that ACTUALLY they're rebels and cool and if everyone's calling them a stupid rear end in a top hat that just means they're winning baby

I like Family Guy and South Park because they push back against all this PC crap. :smuggo:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

political correctness is a conservative concept, because they kept getting in trouble for saying the racist parts out loud

for everyone else political correctness is "don't be an rear end in a top hat"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

End of the day Trump isn't funny for the same reason cancer isn't funny. It's too real and too personal and too impersonal and too awful and too terrible.

Of course you can make jokes around cancer and jokes around Trump and I watch Colbert every night and it helps but the horrible reality remains regardless of your coping strategy.

yeah, like my issue is all the big liberal talking media heads still think trump is problem that can be solved with a couple Bartlett type sorkin speeches because they still think the world is like the west wing. instead of you know, real life.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m honestly more surprised Trump would acknowledge that he’s going to die one day and not be here. I’d expect the opposite.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's really easy to set off trump or any of the deplorables. look how angry he gets at the slightest pushback when he lies answering a question.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bobjr posted:

I’m honestly more surprised Trump would acknowledge that he’s going to die one day and not be here. I’d expect the opposite.

he said "out of office" not that he would die at any point

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's really easy to set off trump or any of the deplorables. look how angry he gets at the slightest pushback when he lies answering a question.

this is why the media never gives that pushback, or else he'll withdraw access and they'll have to actually do journalism

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

bobjr posted:

He probably just means he'll have hightailed it to Russia by that point

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Guess now we know where 43 got those shoe dodging skills.

I always assumed he was raised by a Latina nanny and had to constantly dodge the fabled La Chancla.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Problem about mocking and belittling Trump is that liberals are absolutely completely godawful at it. 'Drumpf'.

But doncha know he wants to have sex with his daughter :rolleyes:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if the media (or anyone) kept bringing up the fact trump's entire fortune was illegally fed to him to avoid taxes you'd see him blow a gasket.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

political correctness is a conservative concept, because they kept getting in trouble for saying the racist parts out loud

for everyone else political correctness is "don't be an rear end in a top hat"

no the 90's for sure had a 'pc age' element to them as neoliberal ideals pushed people to focus on extremely easy public facing efforts to show they're accepting and nice.

Of course it was mostly completely meaningless things and the 'rebellion' to them was just tantrums over nothing but the 'pc culture' thing was a concentrated push.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Problem about mocking and belittling Trump is that liberals are absolutely completely godawful at it. 'Drumpf'.

It's easy: "Single-digit millionaire donald"

boom done

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BarbarianElephant posted:

But doncha know he wants to have sex with his daughter :rolleyes:

quote:

This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get a way calling him a pig-fucker,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabitch deny it.”

I don't know, LBJ was ok with doing that kinda of poo poo.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
He's real loving weird about Ivanka, tbf

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i agree but i think if your in a debate with him, don't be afraid to shut him down and get burns in on him. basically don't do what clinton did.
The trick is to get in a few zingers without just making yourself look like a resentful rear end in a top hat. It's hard to do. Some people are just better at being witty than others. Like, whoever was running HRC's twitter account could have done it, but Hillary herself couldn't manage it live.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Grapplejack posted:

boom done

"Millionaire, Donald Trump" is snappier.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

boom done

I dunno, just calling him Donald seems to be enough to piss him off

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Crow Jane posted:

He's real loving weird about Ivanka, tbf
He is, but as someone who's known quite a few women who survived actual incest at the hands of their dads, I fail to see how anyone thinks that topic is great joke fodder.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grapplejack posted:

boom done

no

seriously, no

do you not get how dumb this is? Do you not get how most of America will see this as 'pshaw, he's a LOW millionare, pathetic'? Do you not get how profoundly stupid and out of touch this is?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ivanka like all women is an object to trump which explains why he's so weird about her. he's proud of this thing he created. well more surgeons created but i digress.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, like my issue is all the big liberal talking media heads still think trump is problem that can be solved with a couple Bartlett type sorkin speeches because they still think the world is like the west wing. instead of you know, real life.

WE GOT HIM.gif

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

no

seriously, no

do you not get how dumb this is? Do you not get how most of America will see this as 'pshaw, he's a LOW millionare, pathetic'? Do you not get how profoundly stupid and out of touch this is?

Not to mention tying a person's "goodness" to their net worth is colossally stupid and a major flaw of popular culture in America and leads to poo poo like the prosperity gospel

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A United States President not understanding how to attend a funeral mass, which is what we're seeing, is funny enough to make a few jokes about, I think, but the idea it's outrageous and disrespectful is the liberal nonsense sexpig is talking about. It's really not hard to move your mouth like you're singing the hymn, it's something most fourth graders learn when they have to attend a friend's grandparent's funeral. It's illustrative of how out of touch he is and it's funny/horrifying to watch his doddering solipsism, even at the funeral for a war criminal CIA rear end in a top hat.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I have not observed this and in fact most of them make jokes about this idea from time to time, do you have any examples of this?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

A United States President not understanding how to attend a funeral mass, which is what we're seeing, is funny enough to make a few jokes about, I think, but the idea it's outrageous and disrespectful is the liberal nonsense sexpig is talking about. It's really not hard to move your mouth like you're singing the hymn, it's something most fourth graders learn when they have to attend a friend's grandparent's funeral. It's illustrative of how out of touch he is and it's funny/horrifying to watch his doddering solipsism, even at the funeral for a war criminal CIA rear end in a top hat.

The media is the one pearl clutching over disrespect; those of us here just think it's funny to watch Big Boy Donny try to avoid making GBS threads himself for two hours, and the idea that the media is at all liberal is pretty drat funny.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1070373238876852226

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/1070373493676564480

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/1070374241877409792

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

if the media (or anyone) kept bringing up the fact trump's entire fortune was illegally fed to him to avoid taxes you'd see him blow a gasket.

No he wouldn't.

They called him a tax fraud several times during the election and he just played it off by saying "yeah i was smart to do it."

Maybe things would be different now that he knows he won't have a congress protecting him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i mean, we are political grognards who pick apart the political and social motivations of everyone. sadly thats not the case for MSM, the media are pearl clutching dips who try to sell whatever story they can with the easiest/compelling narrative. trump loving up a state funeral by looking like 5 year old is an easy loving sell. if it makes trump look even more lovely and embarrassing then just a braid dead moron, then i'll take it.

Quorum posted:

I have not observed this and in fact most of them make jokes about this idea from time to time, do you have any examples of this?

colbert and bee and oliver do it alot, where have you been.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

No he wouldn't.

They called him a tax fraud several times during the election and he just played it off by saying "yeah i was smart to do it."

Maybe things would be different now that he knows he won't have a congress protecting him.

i was more focusing on the fact all of his wealth was given to him. the avoid taxes thing was a context thing.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump has the Senate protecting him, and they're the only chamber who could actually punish him for anything.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Knew there was a reason I disliked Meacham's historical work more than others'. I always thought it was his subjects, not the author.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i was more focusing on the fact all of his wealth was given to him. the avoid taxes thing is an afterthought.

His cultists all think he's a brilliant self made man "how can rich not be smart?" but they also believe anything, and know nothing of him prior to him being Proud Racism Daddy for the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

His cultists all think he's a brilliant self made man "how can rich not be smart?" but they also believe anything, and know nothing of him prior to him being Proud Racism Daddy for the election.

right but i'm talking about the man himself. he has an incredibly thin skin about his wealth and being a savvy businessman. the only thing off limits at his roast was his wealth.