Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Double drops, yay

24 sims later: Double of nothing is still nothing, so technically i too experienced double drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ineptitude posted:

Double drops, yay

24 sims later: Double of nothing is still nothing, so technically i too experienced double drops.

ive been crazy lucky on the double drops so far and might be able to get my phoenix to 5* before the event ends. initially i assumed my obstacle would be getting hera to 5* because of cantina drops but now i have to cross my fingers that GW doesnt gently caress me enough to finish zeb in time.

i know 5* palpatine probably isnt super duper great but it'll still be nice for trying to clear out those empire nodes for now.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Yeah, I took Hera from 35/100 to 62/100 on 2.5 full energy sims. I will absolutely take that many shards in a day. Sorry for your rng luck.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was regretting spending 1250 for 16 Nest shards the other day, but then after spending around 300 crystals and only geting 4 Bossk shards, I probably was right.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I’m the idiot who just found out Weekly Shipments were a thing. I only knew about daily shipments, never noticed the other tab.

How long has this been a thing I’ve been completely unaware of?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

I’m the idiot who just found out Weekly Shipments were a thing. I only knew about daily shipments, never noticed the other tab.

Eh, not too long. Maybe a couple months?

The best option that comes in there is the two Omega mats for 50K ally points since that's literally the only use for ally points now.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

thrawn527 posted:

The first couple weeks had really cheap, good items (I think cuffs or carbs or something) for a good price, but mostly it's just been very middling with 90% of things costing 1k+ crystals

mdemone posted:

Eh, not too long. Maybe a couple months?

The best option that comes in there is the two Omega mats for 50K ally points since that's literally the only use for ally points now.

I think you get more bang per buck running a macro to open bronziums, but I can understand not wanting to bother

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Crumbletron posted:

I think you get more bang per buck running a macro to open bronziums, but I can understand not wanting to bother

Yeah you get more shard shop currency but end-game players typically aren't hurting for that right now. Omega mats are comparable to Zeta mats in terms of production rate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Eh, can’t get omegas from bronzium pulls, so i’ll be blowing 50k every week until this gravy train stops.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The 1500 crystals for 20 6 dot mod slice parts is pretty good too, though i havent seen it the last couple weekly shops

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ally points remind me of SHIELD tokens in Avengers Alliance. They were used just to raise the level of characters and a few things in the store needed them, but you got so many when you have what we had, a massive goon alliance on FB playing, that I am pretty sure when the game shut down I had at least a million of the stupid things.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

im gonna take me a nap on some dawg dirt
just sent a guild invite request to qui goonjinn under “sips” if there’s still a spot and if anyone is still active. just hit level 50 and looking for some beefy goons to ally up and carry me through some of the tougher missions

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

sips posted:

just sent a guild invite request to qui goonjinn under “sips” if there’s still a spot and if anyone is still active. just hit level 50 and looking for some beefy goons to ally up and carry me through some of the tougher missions

Hop in the discord and you'll find a ton of high powered allies in the ally codes channel

sips
Oct 26, 2004

im gonna take me a nap on some dawg dirt

fishtobaskets posted:

Hop in the discord and you'll find a ton of high powered allies in the ally codes channel

I’m probably being dumb as hell but i can’t find the discord info anywhere. I’ve just been using the spreadsheet to add people so far

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

sips posted:

I’m probably being dumb as hell but i can’t find the discord info anywhere. I’ve just been using the spreadsheet to add people so far

Try the tab called "discord link" in the spreadsheet

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Calling all SM folks, we need TW help yall. This one is close. Need fleets or traya bombs

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189065/c-3po-requirements/p1

Legendary C3PO and you need Ewoks and finally I am ahead of the curve on something!!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

WerrWaaa posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189065/c-3po-requirements/p1

Legendary C3PO and you need Ewoks and finally I am ahead of the curve on something!!

Oh for gently caress’s sake.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

Oh for gently caress’s sake.

This is like the most telegraphed move in the history of telegraphed moves. Literally everybody knew C3PO would need ewoks.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
But is anyone mad about it?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WerrWaaa posted:

But is anyone mad about it?

Thrawn527 is super mad

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
it shouldve been jawas

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

It’s not that it’s unexpected, it’s just that I’ve had to focus on so many other teams that I’m left feeling pissed. But it makes sense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, at least Ewoks were characters that have been available for a while, unlike Revan that needed characters barely a month old.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Revan could be full autoed with ungeared dudes and a zbast at G12 though, whereas these challenging legendary events with old characters (e.g. chewie) requires really well geared dudes.

Id say the latter case requires just as much work as the first

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The good news is now everybody will have buff ewoks

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I've been working on my ewoks for a while but I still only have a 4* wicket and chief, the others are much higher but obviously not going to be super useful I think for this.

drat Old Republic is taking all my energy. Oh well, guess I'll grab Threepio next time.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

I've been working on my ewoks for a while but I still only have a 4* wicket and chief, the others are much higher but obviously not going to be super useful I think for this.

drat Old Republic is taking all my energy. Oh well, guess I'll grab Threepio next time.

This is me. Most of the time when a new legendary/hero is announced, I resign myself to not getting it in the first pass because I'm still playing catch-up. It doesn't help that I'm just coming back. The last I played, Jolee, Mission, etc had just dropped. I spend more time chasing the latest meta than actually buffing out my roster.

OTOH, my shard is so old that it is really easy to place high up in arena/ships because no one is actually playing. I'd rather it be different, but since CG isn't making any noise about reforming the shard matching system, I guess I'm stuck with a dead uncompetative PvP scene. I'd seriously love if they shuffled the shards every so often to match people better.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Burning_Monk posted:

This is me every time a new thing comes around. "But I'm still working on the last thing, so...guess I'll get that new thing next time."

The way of the F2P.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's me the guy who has spent zero time on ewoks :cripes:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

This is me. Most of the time when a new legendary/hero is announced, I resign myself to not getting it in the first pass because I'm still playing catch-up. It doesn't help that I'm just coming back. The last I played, Jolee, Mission, etc had just dropped. I spend more time chasing the latest meta than actually buffing out my roster.

OTOH, my shard is so old that it is really easy to place high up in arena/ships because no one is actually playing. I'd rather it be different, but since CG isn't making any noise about reforming the shard matching system, I guess I'm stuck with a dead uncompetative PvP scene. I'd seriously love if they shuffled the shards every so often to match people better.

uh, that doesn't sound like a problem worth complaining about, honestly.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Popete posted:

It's me the guy who has spent zero time on ewoks :cripes:
:same:

I'm still trying to get Holdo so in summary gently caress this ewok poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
G11 EE
G9 Wicket
G9 Logray
G8 Paploo
G8 Chirpa

and I've got a G10 Teebo in the wings.

I might be able to get them all G10 before C3PO goes away. I just hope that's enough.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

At least that is the correct squad

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ineptitude posted:

Revan could be full autoed with ungeared dudes and a zbast at G12 though, whereas these challenging legendary events with old characters (e.g. chewie) requires really well geared dudes.

Id say the latter case requires just as much work as the first

What Revan battle did you do? the first battle Mission and Zal got destroyed in the blind of an eye and Revan alone couldn't last much longer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have to say since i have a new account none of this has any impact on me whatsoever but i also have to say with some of the poo poo i've read has gone on lately i am a bit wishy washy on spending literally infinity energy farming bastilla and jolee on these hard nodes.

because of the timing of where thrawn and palpatine showed up i will have both of them at 5. i will be able to get hera to six in the next day but from what i understand 6* thrawn is way beyond what i'll be able to do at level 61 or 62. i absolutely cant crack top 50 in my arena shard because as it turns out my account joined the tail end of a new arena shard and i dont have the patience or interest in rerolling after that happened. i do consistently sit top 100 but i'm not sure how long that will be true if i put off getting phoenix to 7. i think i want to try and do ezra to 7 and then join QGJ so i can at least get some raid materials and the shards, i've been waiting on a 7* for that reason, is that dumb or no.

anyway i got cad bane, i'm trying to get boba, i want to have a few BH semi ready and i kinda wanna farm KRU after i finish Ezra since i figure i'll have a long time to worry about finishing phoenix before palpatine and thrawn come back, but i really would prefer to keep top 100 in arena for the 100 crystals. i don't know. phoenix mirror matches are irritating as hell in arena.

right now my roadmap is ezra/kanaan both to 7 as they'll also be part of a GMY team later, and farming bastilla and jollee for revan asap. that'll give me 4/5th of a GMY team as well as a decent headstart on a bastilla team for arena. in the meantime i think i can work on KRU in cantina until i can unlock the other two in there. whats the timetable on events like EP and thrawn, how much time am i looking at before they're back and i have to worry about getting them at 7?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
If you can stay in top 100 of your arena shard consider yourself lucky. I spent most of my arena time at ~500. I got lucky with ship arena bc one of my pubbie guildmates was talking about a good raid team that included DV, TFP and tarkin, so I was well set up for it. Arena meta also changes far more often than ship arena

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

G12+ zChirpa
G12+ zWicket
G12 zLogray
G12 Teebo
G11 zPaploo
G11 Elder
G11 Scout

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

So, some regrets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Lil bit, lol. He makes a good junk leader in TW.