Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
plus when you live in fl you get a free alligator

source: moved to fl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

loquacius posted:

It'd be more like asking her to wear a green wig, and she says no, so you say "aw, it'll be cute, c'mon", and she still says no, so you say "I don't know why you're taking such a hardline stand over this just wear the goddamn wig, I paid twelve loving dollars for this thing," but she still doesn't want to wear the wig for some mysterious reason so you go to the Internet to ask what her loving deal is

Yeah, I was just a comment on the magnitude of what was being imposed, not whether it was reasonable to do so

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

chemtrail huffer posted:

Girlfriend (22F) mad about my (24M) answer to scenario, what do I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHXl7Jc9HI

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

QuarkJets posted:

There used to be a 600 lb life thread that turned into "let's find what fatties are saying on reddit" thread that was full of bizarre persecution complexes, like very fat people getting mad when their thinner friends don't eat as much as they do. That actually showed up way more often than you'd think. Hell we've even had some posts in this thread referencing that kind of thing (like that one woman who became thin and her fat roommate kept trying to force-feed her extra portions of pizza)

Also 300+ lb people posting "the doctor told me that i'm underweight"

Eventually it got gassed because some people thought that a fat-person mock thread didn't belong on Something Awful

A while back but I am catching up and I miss that thread since I posted most of the material. Good times.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Power Khan posted:

"I'd love you and every now and then I'd punch you. Would you still love me, if I was a donkey puncher?"
Sometimes we'd call you DP, or King DP, or Donkey Puncherello, or King Donko of Punchstania.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

The White Dragon posted:

if reddit man and florida man fought, who would be stupider

why would you fight a mirror, white dragon?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

As far as scams go, this one seems somewhat believable. At least she seems to have learned from it (in the experience sense, not in the testable knowledge sense).

Yeah. I mean $300 is $300, it’s not nothing. But as far as scams go it’s nothing compared to what a lot of people get taken for. If she learns from this, I’d say it was a pretty good deal.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

chemtrail huffer posted:

thats assinine

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Florida man would be whaling on Reddit man so hard he'd need a steno to make posts on Reddit along for advice on how to get Florida man off of his head.

Not out of his head. Off of his head.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People who do the whole "Would you still be just as attracted to me if I gained 300 pounds and destroyed my face with acid?! Would you stay faithful to me if I was in a forever coma??? Would you still think I'm sexy if my entire bottom half was replaced with angry bees??" are the most pathetic insecure people.

"I need to know if their love for me is PURE and real!!"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

why would you fight a mirror, white dragon?

it's not my place to judge florida man if he wants to scream at his reflection

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I think if my theoretical gf wanted to put poo poo in my beard she'd have to compete with my daughters for space and I think in that situation I'd tell her to go pound sand

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (15M) sister (17F) was voted ugliest girl of her year and it’s crushing her. I need help on how to comfort her.

Hi everybody I have an awful problem that I don’t know how to deal with.

It began yesterday afternoon when I came home from school and my parents told me that my sister was ill and not to go near her. Lo and behold when I went up to where our rooms are she had locked herself in the bathroom and I heard throwing up noises. Ok I thought hope she gets better soon. The rest of the day I heard her either in her room or in our bathroom, weirdly she was also crying and sobbing a lot which isn’t normal for her. But I thought maybe her stomach really hurt or something.

But today in school a girl from my class who has an older sister in my sister’s year told me that all the guys from their year (about 50) had made a “hotness ranking” of all the girls in their year (also about 50), from hottest to ugliest. And my sister came in as the No 1 ugliest of all, and according to her sister she had tried to hold it together during class but went home bawling.

The girl from my class then went on to talk to her girl friends about how those guys were assholes, but I felt like I was going to faint. I would never admit this to anyone in real life because it sound so dorky, but my sister is actually my best friend and biggest role model, she is awesome at so many things like playing chess and tree climbing which she taught me. Also for example when I had my wisdom teeth removed this year she sat in my room for hours while I was lying in bed feeling awful and read books to me doing all the voices (another thing she’s awesome at) to make me laugh. Stuff like that.

She didn’t go to school today and my parents still think she is ill but I know the truth. I’m home now and she is in her room still randomly bursting into tears. The sound of her crying alone makes me feel dizzy because I haven’t heard her cry since we were both little kids. I feel like now it’s my turn to be there for her for once but I can’t figure out how without making everything worse. If I just knocked at her room door and told her she isn’t ugly she would probably think that the entire school knows about the ranking and feel even worse, plus she’d probably feel pathetic about her little brother feeling the need to comfort her. I also don’t want to tell our parents, if she wanted them to know she would have told them herself obvs. I feel lost in that I really want to help her feel better again, but I can’t figure out how?

Tl;dr: My sister was voted ugliest girl of her year and is sick and crying for the second day now. I can’t figure out how to comfort her without screwing everything up even more.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Kill all teens.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots posted:

Yeah. I mean $300 is $300, it’s not nothing. But as far as scams go it’s nothing compared to what a lot of people get taken for. If she learns from this, I’d say it was a pretty good deal.

She probably lied to her parents (I doubt they thought she was just paying a girl to cheat, probably thought it was practice exams or a tutor) to buy answers to cheat on a test, and got scammed herself. It's such a clear cut lesson about trying to fool people that I think it was an episode of Boy Meets World. Judging by the guilt she seems to feel she hopefully got it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (15M) sister (17F) was voted ugliest girl of her year and it’s crushing her. I need help on how to comfort her.

It began yesterday afternoon when I came home from school and my parents told me that my sister was ill and not to go near her. Lo and behold when I went up to where our rooms are she had locked herself in the bathroom and I heard throwing up noises. Ok I thought hope she gets better soon. The rest of the day I heard her either in her room or in our bathroom, weirdly she was also crying and sobbing a lot which isn’t normal for her. But I thought maybe her stomach really hurt or something.

But today in school a girl from my class who has an older sister in my sister’s year told me that all the guys from their year (about 50) had made a “hotness ranking” of all the girls in their year (also about 50), from hottest to ugliest. And my sister came in as the No 1 ugliest of all, and according to her sister she had tried to hold it together during class but went home bawling.

The girl from my class then went on to talk to her girl friends about how those guys were assholes, but I felt like I was going to faint. I would never admit this to anyone in real life because it sound so dorky, but my sister is actually my best friend and biggest role model, she is awesome at so many things like playing chess and tree climbing which she taught me. Also for example when I had my wisdom teeth removed this year she sat in my room for hours while I was lying in bed feeling awful and read books to me doing all the voices (another thing she’s awesome at) to make me laugh. Stuff like that.

She didn’t go to school today and my parents still think she is ill but I know the truth. I’m home now and she is in her room still randomly bursting into tears. The sound of her crying alone makes me feel dizzy because I haven’t heard her cry since we were both little kids. I feel like now it’s my turn to be there for her for once but I can’t figure out how without making everything worse. If I just knocked at her room door and told her she isn’t ugly she would probably think that the entire school knows about the ranking and feel even worse, plus she’d probably feel pathetic about her little brother feeling the need to comfort her. I also don’t want to tell our parents, if she wanted them to know she would have told them herself obvs. I feel lost in that I really want to help her feel better again, but I can’t figure out how?

Tl;dr: My sister was voted ugliest girl of her year and is sick and crying for the second day now. I can’t figure out how to comfort her without screwing everything up even more.

I was told that they had eradicated bullying :confused:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

tactlessbastard posted:

Bullying is against the rules, so if you report bullying you will get in trouble.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

quote:

Some people wrote me personal messages to send pictures of her so that they can weigh in on how attractive she really is and give tips for her on how to improve her looks.
never change redit

therobit posted:

Bullying is against the rules, so if you report bullying you will get in trouble.
Yeah I mean I can't say how it was before I was a kid or how it is now but I grew up in "zero tolerance" schools and that basically meant you'd get punished if you told teachers you were being bullied. Feels so weird cause college was like the opposite of that and you could hypothetically get other students in trouble with mere rumors of harassment but younger kids had p much no good options even if the bullying was so severe it'd be illegal if adults were doing it to each other.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Baronjutter posted:

Kill all teens.

Be Best

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

never change redit

Yeah I mean I can't say how it was before I was a kid or how it is now but I grew up in "zero tolerance" schools and that basically meant you'd get punished if you told teachers you were being bullied. Feels so weird cause college was like the opposite of that and you could hypothetically get other students in trouble with mere rumors of harassment but younger kids had p much no good options even if the bullying was so severe it'd be illegal if adults were doing it to each other.

Goddamn that's dystopian and I grew up in the era of playful sexual assault.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, someone has to be the ugliest, thats just how it works. Just like someone has to be "most able to crush your head like a kinder egg"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tactlessbastard posted:

At Thanksgiving, one of the guests was going on about how 'bullying is a right of passage, right?'

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

Goddamn that's dystopian and I grew up in the era of playful sexual assault.

I once got in trouble for fighting in middle school. This involved me getting grabbed from behind by one student and punched in the stomach by another student. It was a k-12 school and the older brother of a friend of mine happened to stroll by and rescue me from the situation and threaten the kids enough that they didn't do it again but when I reported it I got the same punishment that the kids who literally assaulted me got.

It was a wild ride.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

gotta nip this poo poo right in the bud, it's how Zuckerberg got his start

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Hey look someone’s gotta have the weakest bones I don’t make the rules pal

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I once got in trouble for fighting in middle school. This involved me getting grabbed from behind by one student and punched in the stomach by another student. It was a k-12 school and the older brother of a friend of mine happened to stroll by and rescue me from the situation and threaten the kids enough that they didn't do it again but when I reported it I got the same punishment that the kids who literally assaulted me got.

It was a wild ride.

Something like this happened at my school except the kid who got jumped stewed on it for a while then shoved the bully down some stairs and then savagely beat him a text book.

Policy changed after that.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I just started riding my scooter to school because when folded up it was hefty enough and about the right size to swing at people. Never had an issue after that on my way home.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I not usually into participation prizes, but I'd be willing to give " most expelled" to all 50 of them.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

chemtrail huffer posted:

lmao

My girlfriend [22/F] destroyed one of my birthday gifts.

quote:

I'm a big gamer. I love to play video games and I enjoy it as a thing to do when I'm not at work and I'm just looking to pass some time. I also love my girlfriend of two years and she understand my enjoyment of gaming. For the past couple of years, she's basically said to me that she's fine with me gaming so long as I don't neglect any of my responsibilities and I still act like an adult. Me and my girlfriend live together in an apartment and one of the spare rooms is basically my own little gaming room and she's totally cool with it. Hell, she even plays with me when we both have the free time. The gaming has not been an issue for us, but that didn't stop my girlfriend from completely losing her poo poo on my birthday a few days ago.

My parents invited me and my girlfriend over to their house for a birthday dinner as well as to open some gifts. When it came to present time, my parents had gotten me a Nintendo Switch. I was overjoyed about receiving this as a gift, but my girlfriend came out of nowhere with her displeasure. "Another video game system?" She says. I stared at her and I didn't really know what to say to her. I would've thought she was fine with it, but she looked pissed and she started to go after my parents. She said "He already has every other console, he doesn't need another one!" She got up in my dad's face, screaming at him about how he's enabling my "video game addiction" and my dad started to get up in her face too. I stepped in because it looked like a full blown fight was about to break out. But my girlfriend pushes me out of the way, grabs the Switch and throws it against our sliding screen door to the backyard. I was hoping that the Switch was fine since it was still in the box, but she grabs it again, takes it out of the box, and chucks it into the backyard and then throws it into our pool. "I just go that for my loving birthday!" I yelled at her. I jumped into the pool and got it out and it was completely destroyed. My parents were yelling at my girlfriend to leave, but I wanted to deal with her first. I ran back into house, still dripping wet, and I grabbed my birthday cake and chucked it right at my girlfriend. It splattered all over her and I screamed "gently caress YOU!" at her. She then says "Don't even bother coming back to my apartment!" and she left.

Unfortunately, the apartment lease is all in her name and I'm still legally kicked out at the moment. I'm staying with my parents right now and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm at a complete loss as to why my girlfriend had such a violent outburst at something that she showed no hostility towards in the past. I've been trying to contact her, but she hasn't answered any of my calls or texts. I'm thinking that I should just go to the apartment, but I'm worried that she won't even let me in, or even call the cops. A lot of my stuff is still at her apartment, so a breakup is a lot more complicated than just us ghosting each other and never talking to her again. What should I do and say?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The giant meeting where 50 people came to a unanimous consensus on a ranking of 50 other people by any metric whatsoever must have been chaos

I'm picturing a giant war council over foaming tankards of Natty Ice, factions squabbling and alliances shifting like sand

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dont bother going to the apartment, your poo poo is gone

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Barudak posted:

Something like this happened at my school except the kid who got jumped stewed on it for a while then shoved the bully down some stairs and then savagely beat him a text book.

Policy changed after that.

These kinds of policies make me really wonder how I'm going to teach my kids to get through bullying and stuff.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Barudak posted:

Dont bother going to the apartment, your poo poo is gone

I imagine destroying all of his possessions would take some time especially if she doesn't have a swimming pool handy

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

chemtrail huffer posted:

Ironicomedic Ladyhawke rebooquel sounding promising.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

andrew smash posted:

These kinds of policies make me really wonder how I'm going to teach my kids to get through bullying and stuff.

i'm teaching mine to just punch the bully right in the nose and keep punching.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

andrew smash posted:

pretty solid answer in your quote, just remember to emphasize the part where they don't get caught

Barudak
May 7, 2007

andrew smash posted:

Be rich enough people will want to take advantage of them rather than bully them, or send your kid to the gym.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

andrew smash posted:

I mostly just wonder what the schools are exactly thinking. I'd imagine this is a top down problem and suspending bullies in some way hurts the schools so they're basically encouraged to turn a blind eye and keep reports at a minimum so they don't lose funding or such.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao

My girlfriend [22/F] destroyed one of my birthday gifts.

Actually, he wasn't legally kicked out. He was illegally evicted, and should take her to court for it, because she is actually his landlord if he's been living there and she's the one on the lease. Can sue for all his poo poo if she threw it out too. Might also be able to get her evicted by her landlord if she isn't allowed to sublet. He should post on r/legaladvice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Araenna posted:

Actually, he wasn't legally kicked out. He was illegally evicted, and should take her to court for it, because she is actually his landlord if he's been living there and she's the one on the lease. Can sue for all his poo poo if she threw it out too. Might also be able to get her evicted by her landlord if she isn't allowed to sublet. He should post on r/legaladvice

I was about to say he can actually make this a huge problem for her if he wants to rather than just waving all his rights and whimpering away like a wounded animal.