Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Thread Title shall we name this new thread?
This poll is closed.
Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce 44 21.36%
ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress 19 9.22%
Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin 9 4.37%
Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol: Wings over Bullshit 8 3.88%
Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died 24 11.65%
Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread 17 8.25%
ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter 15 7.28%
ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming 2 0.97%
Indyref II: The Scottish Insturgeoncy 10 4.85%
ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union 5 2.43%
ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die 25 12.14%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

mehall posted:

If after a couple quarters it showed we had better economic growth than England and Wales, on account of being in the single market, then it becomes a crazy easy sell for independence. "yes, these checks suck, but look what the trade off does for our economy, we could do this and more independent!" Etc etc

GDP growth is abstract; customs checks every time you drive down the road / hop on a train to visit family has a direct impact on your day to day life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/RhiannonV/status/1050856863984734208

A very nice and normal man.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
One of the worst things about Stuart Campbell is he just never stops. I feel like other assholes take a break, but he's always got some fight going and a crew of knobs to back him up.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'm just glad Mr Biffo is still OK.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The man is a grade a oval office and looks like a sex offender.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Turn on your monitor.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

That might be a funny joke if you weren't leaping to the defence of a much bigger oval office than Pissflaps.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd say they're about level, Wings just has a bigger platform.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm sure there's capacity in this thread to make fun of both Wings and Pissflaps. It would be nice if anything remotely interesting or novel ever happened in Scottish politics so we could talk about that instead, but I don't have a whole lot of hope about that one.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Alex Salmond’s sex offending coming to light was quite interesting.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pissflaps posted:

Alex Salmond’s sex offending coming to light was quite interesting.

I didn’t think anyone would be ballsy enough to contemplate monetising their sexual assaults but Salmond is an innovator

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Not Operator posted:

One of the worst things about Stuart Campbell is he just never stops. I feel like other assholes take a break, but he's always got some fight going and a crew of knobs to back him up.

Reminder that he has at least half the UK D&D posters blocked because we dared ask him to maybe think again for saying Hillsborough was entirely the fault of Liverpool fans.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

I'm sure there's capacity in this thread to make fun of both Wings and Pissflaps. It would be nice if anything remotely interesting or novel ever happened in Scottish politics so we could talk about that instead, but I don't have a whole lot of hope about that one.

Would you say it was time this thread was brought into a closer political union with the rest of the UK?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jedit posted:

Would you say it was time this thread was brought into a closer political union with the rest of the UK?

Let's join up with the Scandinavian thread instead, we have baby boxes now so I believe that makes us officially Nordic.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Lol Mundell and Davidson saying they'll resign if Scotland gets a preferential brexit outcome.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

The main reason I think is that Brexit has pretty much taken over of the majority of people's attention that Scottish politics isn't getting much attention because nothing noteworthy has appeared. (And if they have, It's poo poo I wouldn't of noticed)

I suppose what we could do is post poo poo about local poo poo if anyone's got them. There has to be something in this boring Country to talk about that isn't Indy/Brexit/Lolcoo Stuart.

Coohoolin posted:

Lol Mundell and Davidson saying they'll resign if Scotland gets a preferential brexit outcome.

lol no they won't.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Extreme0 posted:

The main reason I think is that Brexit has pretty much taken over of the majority of people's attention that Scottish politics isn't getting much attention because nothing noteworthy has appeared. (And if they have, It's poo poo I wouldn't of noticed)

I suppose what we could do is post poo poo about local poo poo if anyone's got them. There has to be something in this boring Country to talk about that isn't Indy/Brexit/Lolcoo Stuart.

lol no they won't.

All Scottish politics are trash until Scotland embraces the light of Corbyn, sorry.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Coohoolin posted:

Is Davidson not due to be on maternity leave at Brexit Day? If she's smart she'll take the full 9 months off and leave Jackson Carlaw to deal with the mess.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Extreme0 posted:

Hot topic in my area are Busses.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
ACC installed an expensive water fixture and some people are annoyed? Who the gently caress knows, we're just riding out the inertia at this point.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1055118892463517697

the snp's open loathing of unionism taking an interestingly literal turn. bonus:

https://twitter.com/tvlistening/status/1055021496127643648

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pretend I'm saying this in a David Attenborough voice

"And here we have the Tartan Tory in their natural habitat, being mad about women & trade unionists."

But for real that is a hilariously authoritarian take.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Hang on, is there seriously a law about Shetland on maps now?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Acaila posted:

Nobody puts Shetland in the corner!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Acaila posted:

Yes but it’s a good law and people won’t complain about it in 3-4 years

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

Yes but it’s a good law and people won’t complain about it in 3-4 years

Yes but only because the wording means you can almost entirely ignore it. It's our hunting with dogs legislation all over but with less death, presumably.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

So Robert the Bruce was a Essex lad. This changes everything

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Cerv posted:

So Robert the Bruce was a Essex lad. This changes everything

Welcome to the rebellion.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Yes but only because the wording means you can almost entirely ignore it. It's our hunting with dogs legislation all over but with less death, presumably.

Until someone tries to swim it

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Acaila posted:

Now we just put the rest of the UK in a box

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
Posting this in UKMT too.

Quick historical satirical theatre recommendation for any goons in the Edinburgh area.
If you are interested in a contemporary take on the First World War, and like your comedy black, you should get yourself down to the Leith Theatre this week and catch the performance of Karl Kraus' The Last Days of Mankind - written in the cafes of Vienna while the war was going on and including some gut wrenching details of what it was actually like. This version also features songs by The Tiger Lillies as a framing device. Excellent and moving production by a combined troupe from all over Europe but it's only on till the end of the week (no performance today so Tues - Fri is your lot). Saw it last night and was blown away. Does feature nudity and loud bangs, and backdrop projections of period photos of the horrors of war.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Nicola couldn’t be bothered going to a meeting about Brexit.

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1063400958418407426

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

Nicola couldn’t be bothered going to a meeting about Brexit.

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1063400958418407426

I mean, if you were given less than 24 hours notice to go to a meeting across the country that'd been planned for likely weeks, you'd be pissed off too

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

working mom posted:

I mean, if you were given less than 24 hours notice to go to a meeting across the country that'd been planned for likely weeks, you'd be pissed off too

Maybe, but if it was important enough you'd still go.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

But in real politik it's a piss in the face and shows utter contempt and wants the Scottish parliament to jump at westminster's beck and call only to be generally ignored in the meeting anyway

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

working mom posted:

But in real politik it's a piss in the face and shows utter contempt and wants the Scottish parliament to jump at westminster's beck and call only to be generally ignored in the meeting anyway

As she didn't attend the meeting I guess we'll never know the outcome, though given the nature of devolution I wouldn't expect the Scottish parliament to ever perform much of a role in Brexit in any circumstance. Some may find that offensive.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I'm breaking my "Don't reply to pissflaps" rule, lord only knows why, but how can it be "important enough" to go if the other person won't tell you why they wanted to meet?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

mehall posted:

I'm breaking my "Don't reply to pissflaps" rule, lord only knows why, but how can it be "important enough" to go if the other person won't tell you why they wanted to meet?

Because pissflaps seems to be a broke brained idiot who wants to suck off the tory party

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

working mom posted:

Because pissflaps seems to be a broke brained idiot who wants to suck off the tory party

Piss flaps is unfortunately not very well and in a more progressive society would be getting he help he needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ash Crimson posted:

Piss flaps is unfortunately not very well and in a more progressive society would be getting he help he needs

A nice vacation to a gulag?