Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I really hate how the guy sounds in that song so I'm totally okay with it being ditched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TinTower posted:

Tumblr: No-one's gonna gently caress their entire site's user base over as badly as we did.
Facebook: Hold our gay beer.

https://twitter.com/suchnerve/status/1070391585458806784

i'm the ban on mentioning the preference of your sex partners, which i'm sure will be equally enforced on straight people and queer people

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

christmas boots posted:

IIRC the song was originally written and performed by a married couple to sing at holiday parties where the subtext was probably less rapey.
It makes absolutely no sense in that context though. Why would one half of a married couple be leaving at the end of the evening? Are they married but living separately? And if they're married, why would it be improper for them to spend the night together? Although the original singers were married, they're clearly playing characters other than themselves in the song.

Wikipedia posted:

During the 1940s, when Hollywood celebrities attended parties, they were expected to perform. In 1944, Frank Loesser wrote "Baby, It's Cold Outside" for his wife, Lynn Garland, and himself to sing at a housewarming party in New York City at the Navarro Hotel. They sang the song to indicate to guests that it was time to leave. Loesser often introduced himself as the "evil of two Loessers" because of the role he played in the song.

The lyrics in this duet are designed to be heard as a conversation between two people, identified as "Mouse" (usually female) and "Wolf" (usually male) on the printed score

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm the ban on mentioning the preference of your sex partners, which i'm sure will be equally enforced on straight people and queer people

Can't wait to see the misguided reddit brigade spamming nudes requests and getting fired

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Spalec posted:

Like, unironically agree to banning all those songs so I don't have to hear them for the 80,000th time every time I enter a store.
Years ago when I worked at Old Navy for three Christmases in a row the holiday music cd had Bing Crosby's "Happy Holiday." Played it every four hours like clockwork. That is now the only acceptable Christmas song.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Nottherealaborn posted:

On first listen, I understand thinking the lyrics are questionable. But any semi-critical analysis disproves any rapey vibes. You have to purposely misunderstand the lyrics and context at that point.

My favorite completely-not-rapey part is when she says "the answer is no" and the guy keeps going anyway.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1070438843529207808?s=19

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
e: ^^ :hmmyes:

The only Christmas song is the ringtone you get for dropping $750 on Milo's Patreon.

https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/1070422286916874241

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jobson groeth posted:

e: ^^ :hmmyes:

The only Christmas song is the ringtone you get for dropping $750 on Milo's Patreon.

https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/1070422286916874241

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1070408438511951872?s=19

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ban all Christmas songs except the Charlie Brown Vince Guaraldi ones imo

I dare anyone to get triggered by that poo poo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

hawowanlawow posted:

get two birds stoned at once

Thank you, Ricky.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Spalec posted:

Like, unironically agree to banning all those songs so I don't have to hear them for the 80,000th time every time I enter a store.

I like how they had to concoct a list of completely batshit reasons to not play songs in order to make the actual grievance of "Baby It's Cold Outside" seem outlandish.

I also like how articles about stations not playing it or whatever are created entirely to rile up olds and get clicks. And how it works like magic every time.

Let's not forget, "If you don't like the song just turn the station!" when the same logic can be instantly applied as "if you don't like a station for not playing a song then just turn the station."

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/Patreon/status/1070447758346137601

Lol, that was fast

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Get hosed, Milo

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

:bisonyes:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Free market speaks motherfucker.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but but the free marks is suppose to stomp on nonwhites and people that i dont like, not me!!!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PhazonLink posted:

but but the free marks is suppose to stomp on nonwhites and people that i dont like, not me!!!

Judging from some of your previous posts I can't tell if you're being ironic or not

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Life comes at you fast.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

christmas boots posted:

Life comes at you fast.

His bodyguards are probably wondering how long their gig has left.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
his husband too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/daveweasel/status/1070181708719255552?s=21

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

you see at first this nude art looks very sketchy but once you take in the context and realize that she's actually a 7000 year old dragon it's totally cool

wizzardstaff posted:

you see at first this nude art looks very sketchy but once you take in the context and realize that she's actually a 7000 year old dragon it's totally cool

It’s a good thing the song comes

Edit: what oops

christmas boots posted:

Right, but the reason I mentioned the original context is because in the original context it is both sides thinking it's playful, not that "that's how it was in the olden days".

Oh okay

Bluh has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Dec 6, 2018

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

christmas boots posted:

Right, but the reason I mentioned the original context is because in the original context it is both sides thinking it's playful, not that "that's how it was in the olden days".

And that's what I'm getting at, it read that way back then but now it doesn't; demanding that modern audiences turn off their "she means it when she says no" and "she's not joking if she voices concerns about being drugged" sensors is a really loving high entry fee for a bad song about flirting.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nah

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Somfin posted:

And that's what I'm getting at, it read that way back then but now it doesn't; demanding that modern audiences turn off their "she means it when she says no" and "she's not joking if she voices concerns about being drugged" sensors is a really loving high entry fee for a bad song about flirting.

Yeah alright I hear that

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

christmas boots posted:

Yeah alright I hear that

Wait hold up did we just agree on a thing

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Somfin posted:

Alright, I’ll concede to this.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Christmas miracle.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Somfin posted:

Wait hold up did we just agree on a thing

We live in a universe of infinite possibilities it was only a matter of time

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Brother Entropy posted:

Yeah, seems like it'll be a really good way for them to ban LGBT people for saying they're gay while the post they're commenting on about how people should beat up trans women who go into women's room will come back as not against community standards or whatever.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Araenna posted:

Yeah, seems like it'll be a really good way for them to ban LGBT people for saying they're gay while the post they're commenting on about how people should beat up trans women who go into women's room will come back as not against community standards or whatever.

Remember, these were the guys who rules lawyered "i hate women, trans people, and black people" as being okay but "I hate white men" as not okay (two or more identities = too specific, one = general enough to be okay) and then banned content for expressing general exasperation about men or white people anyway lol

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kill all men, kill all cis, kill all white. Automatic pardon if you are two or less of these identities.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

Kill all men, kill all cis, kill all white. Automatic pardon if you are two or less of these identities.

who knew it was sucking dick that saved us all in the end.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

T-man, I like you and all, but maybe stop advocating mass murder as a goof? Like I get where you're coming from, but c'mon.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Turtlicious posted:

who knew it was sucking dick that saved us all in the end.

It says cis not gay friend.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the joke is that im both.

:devil:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1070422062932480000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011

TinTower posted:

Tumblr: No-one's gonna gently caress their entire site's user base over as badly as we did.
Facebook: Hold our gay beer.

https://twitter.com/suchnerve/status/1070391585458806784

"...state of hygiene of genitalia or buttocks"

COME gently caress MY CLEAN BUTT