Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

My only complaint is the game was a bit too easy, which I guess was the point.

But the fact that my Eevee is apparently the avatar made it too easy just to rely on it in most situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You don't have to use your OP shoulder Pokémon :ssh:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Macaluso posted:

You don't have to use your OP shoulder Pokémon :ssh:

But then I wouldn't have my awesome fox friend cosplaying as Flareon summoning the dark gods and creating a physical wall for some reason.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Aww gently caress. I went to all the trouble to register for the online competition that gives the shiny Tapu Lele and didn't actually do any battles.
:ughh:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just used Eevee has my last resort and still managed to lose a couple of times. Also if you remove Eevee from your party he still rides on your head and you can pet him and stuff

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

You can even use the partner Eevee if you don't abuse it. As long as you're close in level to the opponent's it's not THAT OP since it doesn't get STAB on any of the best moves and it's more of a physical than a special attacker (at least mine was) so it's not hitting as hard as a more specialized mon would. It will still tank hits the average 'mon can't though and it's hella flexible so it'll still be super good, but it's only outright broken if you let it get overleveled or use candy on it. No candy and keeping my mons within 5 of my opponents kept the game fun the whole time through.

Pikachu is probably harder to keep from being broken though.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Throw balls (everyone gains little XP, no EV impact), Train (pokemon that battle gain more XP + better/guaranteed chance at a capture, EV gains), or Flee and leave the pokemon alone. Preferably as a toggle or options so you can just focus on capturing or training as you need.

If we're keeping the Let's Go number of balls and candy systems, this system could even let you finally catch fainted Pokemon. So either throw balls and not have to deal with fighting, or tap it after the battle for an easy (but longer-length) score.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Beating up animals until they are unconscious and then sticking them in a cage...can we just stick to throwing balls at them and just make it more involved?

Take some inspiration from Pokemon Snap, be able to use instruments, different kind of baits, just more ways to influence how easy they are to catch. Make each pokemon have likes/dislikes etc. The current system is bad with berries only lasting one attempt, but I think the concept is better overall and just needs refinement. I'm sure there are ways to involve your party pokemon in capturing too. Have abilities/certain moves usable in capturing etc. Don't abandon the system just cause the first implementation needs work.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I hope they do Gen 2 Let's Go games. It's probably almost guaranteed, I guess.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i wouldnt be surprised if let's go supplants the old line of remakes inbetween main games

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Oh, Snorlax? Well let me switch out my team with some other random Pokemon to farm for experience/evolutions.

What? I have to battle it?

poo poo...uh, use Ghastly I guess?

IT HAS LICK?

Yeah gently caress you Mr Fuji for not telling me I'd have to battle it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

RME posted:

i wouldnt be surprised if let's go supplants the old line of remakes inbetween main games

rip crazy diamond/pearl jam

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I hate that the rival is such a loser. Maybe that's the point? To make you hate him even more because he's so lame?

I needed money so I steamrolled through the Elite Four and this idiot with a Mewtwo real quick and this is the response I get? You should be furious, dingus

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Trace is a good boy and him getting Cubone actually gives that plot some significance.

And Blue being an older brother figure who still has an obnoxiously high opinion of himself is the best role he's ever had.

"Hey, I just came from a party on this boat that was only for cool, elite trainers like myself. Here's some cookies I saved for you. Smell you later!"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"hey I need you to save the day but first I'm gonna beat your poo poo senseless. Heal you up afterwards? Who the poo poo do I look like, Misty?"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Nth Doctor posted:

Aww gently caress. I went to all the trouble to register for the online competition that gives the shiny Tapu Lele and didn't actually do any battles.

Oh thank God, I'm not alone. I feel like an idiot.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I hate that the rival is such a loser. Maybe that's the point? To make you hate him even more because he's so lame?

I needed money so I steamrolled through the Elite Four and this idiot with a Mewtwo real quick and this is the response I get? You should be furious, dingus
Why does everyone want to hate their rival

what is wrong with you people

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Gonna break up this Let's Go talk to bring you some rad froslass fanart https://twitter.com/izumi_aoirodou/status/1069968930100387847?s=19

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

neat

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just hit level 18 in Pokemon Go. Once you can get Pinap berries, are they common from pokestops? This should make getting Melmetal a lot less painful

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Debating doing another monotype run in Ultra Moon:

Type 1: Steel. Mawile, Metagross, Dugtrio, Sandslash, Togedemaru, and Skarmony

Type 2: Fairy. Mawile, Ribombee, Sylveon, Mimikyu, Ninetales (by way of trade), Wigglytuff

Type 3: Ice. Sandslash, Ninetales*, Froslass, Weavile, Jynx, Lapras

Thoughts?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh, and if anyone suggests trash mons such as Primarina, I'm ignoring you :v:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Then I have no thoughts for you.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

iospace posted:

You deserve nothing, and so nothing you shall receive.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

THE loving MOON posted:

I just hit level 18 in Pokemon Go. Once you can get Pinap berries, are they common from pokestops? This should make getting Melmetal a lot less painful

You get them fairly often. I would feel free to use them on Meltan but I don't burn them willy nilly.

iospace posted:

Boo this man.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I have to say, I've kind of warmed up to the new catching mechanic. I feel like we're missing something in the caves though. In previous games, the caves served as one of the few sources of danger. At least that's how I remembered it as a kid, there was a little tension in going deeper/returing/using items since you could be steps away from an encounter that could get your last pokemon. Or the next supernerd has a powerful pokemon that you can't counter as well. Now there's no real danger since you can always avoid every pokemon.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

You get them fairly often. I would feel free to use them on Meltan but I don't burn them willy nilly.

Cool, thanks. I guess you really need these to seriously play pokemon go, but I don't know how much I want to get into it beyond getting Melmetal and being a source for Kanto-Sinnoh pokemon in gen 8. I guess I've got some actually usable mons now though, so who knows :shrug:

Eeyo posted:

I have to say, I've kind of warmed up to the new catching mechanic. I feel like we're missing something in the caves though. In previous games, the caves served as one of the few sources of danger. At least that's how I remembered it as a kid, there was a little tension in going deeper/returing/using items since you could be steps away from an encounter that could get your last pokemon. Or the next supernerd has a powerful pokemon that you can't counter as well. Now there's no real danger since you can always avoid every pokemon.

Maybe a good solution would be giving the wild pokemon a scaling chance to actually attack you depending on level disparity?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Silver Falcon posted:

Boo this man.

I would have thought you of all people would have gone for the Steel set given that last one listed

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nth Doctor posted:

I had this happen during the thing of them giving out gym leader pokemon. I thought when they said Sunday at whatever time, they meant most of Sunday in the US would be fine. Now I just always play 3 matches on Saturday before sundown to be sure.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

What did you guys name your rival?

Mine is "my dude," which has led to great quotes from Oak.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

But real talk though, I want to avoid using a starter mon this run, which is why I'm not interested in Primarina.

Though, if you want to give me a bigger or lesser challenge based on the monotype, you can suggest the starter for it!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Randy. Turned out to fit him alright

iospace posted:

But real talk though, I want to avoid using a starter mon this run, which is why I'm not interested in Primarina.

Though, if you want to give me a bigger or lesser challenge based on the monotype, you can suggest the starter for it!

Gardevoir maybe. I keep forgetting that Gardevoir isn't just psychic now

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 6, 2018

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
"Fücking Gary" because I haven't played a game in awhile and thought that's who he was. While I was obviously wrong, it has been hilarious:

quote:

Oak: Ah! And now we have Fücking Gary as well! What fine timing.

They didn't let it through without the ü, btw

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

THE loving MOON posted:

Randy. Turned out to fit him alright

edit: Gardevoir maybe. I keep forgetting that Gardevoir isn't just psychic now

Right, the other stipulation I forgot to add: the Mon itself must be catchable in US/UM. No island scan or wormhole Mons either, please!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

iospace posted:

Right, the other stipulation I forgot to add: the Mon itself must be catchable in US/UM. No island scan or wormhole Mons either, please!

welp, can't help you there then. I only have one playthrough of vanilla moon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Do a bug run

Vikavolt/Ribombee/Golispod/Araquanid/Forretress/Armaldp

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

THE loving MOON posted:

They are the least common but you'll generally get like thirty a week. Which is enough to give you three shots at each meltan.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hrist posted:

I had this happen during the thing of them giving out gym leader pokemon. I thought when they said Sunday at whatever time, they meant most of Sunday in the US would be fine. Now I just always play 3 matches on Saturday before sundown to be sure.

I had a reminder to do my battles on Friday but work was nuts and one of my kids had a potential ear infection that threatened to derail the first date night that me and Mrs. Doctor had had since last June. Pokemon was forgotten in the moment.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’ve played some Let’s Go Pikachu on my girlfriend’s Switch. It’s cute, but I have some difficulty wrapping my head around the fact that I’m actually encouraged to catch more than one of the same Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Who the hell is Trace?