Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
New chapter in which Ogata shows some serious character development:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Ch-170----The-Female-Convict-at-Akou-Prison?id=440640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Noda's previous manga, Supinamarada!, is starting to get scanlated on mangadex again. Come for the ice hockey, stay for the inexplicable Beavis and Butthead parody.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Guys, has someone seen my poo poo? I guess I've lost it.

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!
That was a fun arc, Kadokura and Kirawus make a good team. The Iron Giant homage caught me by surprise, but I guess none of the crazy references Noda likes to make should be a surprise at this point.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

What a twist!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There are an inexplicable amount of layers to this character considering what he is and wants

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/1062136800196517888

Ruined!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I... think it's reasonable

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
As if anybody thought an anime adaptation would be any good at all

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I mean I'm not surprised but my favorite part with Tanigaki... ruined...

It's cool though I still enjoy the anime for what it is

e: I should have read through the rest of the tweets, it seems like maybe they're gonna just work around that content so my tanigaki moments may still survive somehow. IDK I'm two weeks behind the show at the moment anyway

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

As much as I desired to see an old japanese man sodomizing a bear on movement, I can't condone it if it's being animated on CGI so no big loss.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I was looking more into what the anime skipped after noticing they're already almost at the Abashiri prison break. Not counting the Barato arc OVA, they seem to have completely skipped
-Boss & Princess
-The Silent Kotan (Kumagishi Chouan)
-Ogin and the Lightning Bandit
-Anehata Shiton

While the last one is pretty understandable, it made me wonder why they're skipping so much, and what they're going to do about the tattooed skins from these arcs. And then it hit me: 3/4 of those arcs heavily involve a bear. I'm not going to say that they avoided doing those arcs so they wouldn't be made fun of for bear cgi anymore, but that is what i'm going to 100% believe

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Also the fact they want to end the season with Sugimoto finally meeting Noppera-bou/Wilk. They can't possibly do that with all those arcs intact.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
So, Asirpa is in the header of the British Museum's Twitter account now:
https://twitter.com/britishmuseum

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://mangadex.org/chapter/503273/1

praise the mighty penis

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Carpator Diei posted:

So, Asirpa is in the header of the British Museum's Twitter account now:
https://twitter.com/britishmuseum

Woah, that's cool. Would definitely check the exhibition out if I was down there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ogata's so fascinating as a character, I love him so much.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

My name is Ogata Hyakunosuke. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Asahikawa, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Leave Asirpa alone you weirdo!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
that spread near the end is hype as gently caress

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

golden bubble posted:

My name is Ogata Hyakunosuke.
What's this referencing?

somepartsareme posted:

I was looking more into what the anime skipped after noticing they're already almost at the Abashiri prison break. Not counting the Barato arc OVA, they seem to have completely skipped
-Boss & Princess
-The Silent Kotan (Kumagishi Chouan)
-Ogin and the Lightning Bandit
-Anehata Shiton
Anyone know roughly what chapters these are? I picked up the manga where the anime stopped.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

that spread near the end is hype as gently caress

it seriously is, goddamn

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Sindai posted:

What's this referencing?

Anyone know roughly what chapters these are? I picked up the manga where the anime stopped.

i really, really recommend reading the whole manga. the anime is decent but doesn't live up to the manga at all. also it's yoshikage kira's monologue from jojo part 4

e: the first arc i mentioned there starts roughly around chapter 63 if you wanna start from there

e again: the barato arc that the anime skipped/turned into an ova is one of the best in the manga and starts at chapter 55 if you haven't seen that

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 4, 2019

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I love how Asirpa is taking none of Ogata's bullshit.

Sindai posted:

What's this referencing?
It's Kira Yoshikage's self introduction from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable.

e:f,b

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I really like Ogata as a character but I'm also looking forward to the satisfaction of Sugimoto wrecking his poo poo.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope they can set aside their differences and remain friends.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Please god let Sugimoto kick Ogata's balls up his rear end

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Finally all caught up.

Wowie.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's been a while since we've had any ultraviolence.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MATAGI WHOOOOOO

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
This story really got back into high gear again :munch:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I was real worried about that ending for a second

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
gently caress Kiroranke :hai:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Has the manga already explained why Kiroranke wanted Wilk dead or it's still to be revealed? I can't remember many things concerning the plot.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ogata said hinna, he cant be a bad guy

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!

Negrostrike posted:

Has the manga already explained why Kiroranke wanted Wilk dead or it's still to be revealed? I can't remember many things concerning the plot.

They haven't gone into explicit detail, but in chapter 139 Kiroranke tells Inkarmat that Wilk "changed," and that he was supposed to tell their old comrades about the location of the gold, but he didn't. So it sounds like he and Kiroranke disagreed about how they were going to use the gold. Maybe Wilk wanted to give it to Asirpa and support an Ainu revolution, while Kiroranke wanted to bring it back to Sofia and the others in Russia.

Space Flower posted:

ogata said hinna, he cant be a bad guy

HouseofGlass fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 14, 2019

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That was cool when the monkey scream guy chopped the Russian guys brain out.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Slander

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter. :getin: Sugimoto's face at the end is :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Man, Ogata is uber mega hosed isn't he