Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Heath posted:

I would be more inclined to buy that if it wasn't written in that lilting "look how foolish you little boys are" tone.

It's pretty obviously a less than fluent translation tho and you should probably not read too much into the word usage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1070448592597463041?s=19

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
LMAO how do you burn your grift that hard

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Heath posted:

As much as this owns, why do they have to do the evil Mastermind explaining his grand plan to his enemy? Couldn't this same technique be used to Honeypot leftists? Don't go spreading your methods around just to embarrass them, ya dipshits.

If the information were acted upon for someone who did not have anything publicly facing, it would only be a matter of time before all the details were revealed, whether by one of the companies using it or by one of the Nazis themselves.

Putting it out like this allows the methodology to be examined before anyone acts and allows a proactive defense to be built that anyone using the data can employ.

Plus, I'm glad that they put the method out there specifically so it will be harder to use against vulnerable people. Leftists aside, I could see the exact method being used by dictatorial regimes against underground activist networks, and now that the method is known, there's an opportunity to warn those groups to be on guard.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
It's like god just keeps body slamming through the floor into ever deeper basements of humiliation.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Goast posted:

LMAO how do you burn your grift that hard

by bragging about being a pedophile i think

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

by bragging about being a pedophile i think

boy did he read the room wrong on that one

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

not a cult posted:

boy did he read the room wrong on that one

no, I think he was talking to Gavin McInnes and the Amazing Atheist. maybe even Joe Rogan

unfortunately for him, it was recorded

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It was Rogan

he didn't brag about being a pedophile, he was the target of one and tried to brush it off because he's a contrarian arsehole who doesn't want to think of himself as a victim

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Dmitri-9 posted:

It is subtext. MMA is the story of unlikely outsiders rising to prominence and he used Ronald Reagan as a foil. Also it relates to his thesis that MMA is a phenomenon because of the erosion of the old assurances of the post-war consensus that was ended by the Reagan-Thatcher era culminating in the 2008 recession.

I think he mentioned it in the Chapo debriefing but I would've liked him to touch on eastern european wing of the sport and its infiltration by literal nazis.

Groups full of strongman imagery (bikers, fighters, Deus Vult larpers) are being utilized by many fascist groups as a means of spreading their views to the general public. I think it was a Frontline ep that showed how Putin used biker and MMA propaganda as a precursor to the Ukranian conflict.

Trump tried similar and lol

Durf has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Dec 6, 2018

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It was Rogan

he didn't brag about being a pedophile, he was the target of one and tried to brush it off because he's a contrarian arsehole who doesn't want to think of himself as a victim

Didn't he do more than that, like go on about how sometimes kids getting nonced is cool and rad?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Didn't he do more than that, like go on about how sometimes kids getting nonced is cool and rad?

There’s footage from the audience of some event where he said that getting hosed by his priest was how he learned about sex and how to please a man on account of gays having to be closeted in 1980-whatever, and so it’s good that such things happen to gay kids now.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he basically said that being groomed and molested by authority figures is an essential formative experience for all gay boys, said his abuser was "a great priest"

it is a not uncommon response of childhood sexual abuse victims who have not been properly rehabilitated

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's more than just making light of what happened to him. When it came up in the interview he joked about adults having sex with underage boys, defended it, claimed it's normal and natural for adults to be attracted to children, claimed he's seen poo poo at high profile peoples' parties involving "very young" men etc but also refuses to name anyone because they would get in trouble, etc. It was really gross.

He already had a track record of making lovely comments about consent

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Durf posted:

I think he mentioned it in the Chapo debriefing but I would've liked him to touch on eastern european wing of the sport and its infiltration by literal nazis.

Groups full of strongman imagery (bikers, fighters, Deus Vult larpers) are being utilized by many fascist groups as a means of spreading their views to the general public. I think it was a Frontline ep that showed how Putin used biker and MMA propaganda as a precursor to the Ukranian conflict.

Trump tried similar and lol

I forgot this photo existed

:lol: at big strong duckface

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKwMcwfRuMw

Milo IRL

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Patreon/status/1070447758346137601

hahaha, now that's a beautiful sinterklaas present :getin:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

ekuNNN posted:

https://twitter.com/Patreon/status/1070447758346137601

hahaha, now that's a beautiful sinterklaas present :getin:

Ruining my daughter's education and then dying of cancer to own the libs.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Durf posted:

It doesn't really take much to push MMA fighters into fascism, it's been a very nationalist sport since it's inception. Since the 1800s you've had Brazil, Japan, China, UK, and Russia all fighting to say their mixed style system is the best.

It also was never mentioned and doesn't help that the one system that was the most exclusionary and exploitative of outsiders developed so well. The Gracies and Machados absolutely hosed over thousands of fighters in mid to late 1900s by taking their money for decades and spitting them back to the US with bluebelts and a hearty "gently caress outsiders". Nationalism is at the heart of most martial arts, but it's especially present in MMA

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1070438843529207808

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

i don't see a gun

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
the funny thing is, peta is a bunch of lovely pieces of poo poo who are scum, so w/e

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there is truly no bottom to the Steve Bannon pit of failure

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/1070542449674764288

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1070354655119622145

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

How the...erm...mighty?...well, you can fall pretty far.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Trying to score points by going after PETA is incredibly desperate.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

and dumb

e: gently caress peta

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I mean it’s the equivalent of going after creationists or astrologists to prove your Skeptic credentials.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Oh man, THAT conference?

http://ace2018.info/

quote:

CLOSURE OF CONFERENCE
ACE 2018, The 15th International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology, becomes the first academic computer science conference in history to be shut down by fanatic left-wing anti-free speech protests.

In a tragic moment in the history of human civilization, and the trampling of academic free speech, an academic conference, ACE 2018, The 15th International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology, which was to have been held at the University of Montana, USA has been forced to shut down by anti-free speech groups comprising of mainly academic researchers, who have been acting in a fascistic manner.

The anti-free speech “fascist style mob” have been led by Yoram Chisik (Universidade da Madeira), Leif Oppermann (Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT) and Joseph A Brown (Innopolis University). Their vicious anti-free vendetta started off with a hate filled anti-Zionist attack against Dr. David Levy, ACE Steering Committee member. Next, they attacked the ACE 2018 Keynote Speaker Mr. Stephen K. Bannon. Joining in this anti-free speech mob were people (mainly academics) such as Stuart Reeves, Martin Flintham, Rui Prada, Katharine Neil, Petri Lankoski, Florian Richoux, T.L. Taylor, Maximilian Schmitt, Anna Jordanous, Kate Devlin, Christian Geiger, Noirin Curran, Mike Cook, Kazutaka Kurihara, Hendrik Schreiber, Takayuki Itoh, Casey Fiesler, Kohei Matsumura, Sebastian Deterding, Brendan Keogh, Anna L Cox, Jim Whitehead, Gillian Smith. This anti-free speech mob’s brutal attack that ACE received from these anti-free speech campaigners (and has filed as evidence for possible future legal action), included black email campaigns and social media campaigns. The words that were used in their email and social postings about ACE Committee members and the ACE 2018 Keynote Speaker include “sicko”, “child-abuser”, “TOOL”, “Peadophiles”, “child-rapist”, “fraudster”, “scammers”, “criminals”, “horseshit”, “monkey”, “prick”, “Nigerian 419 scammer”, “druf trafficker”, “pig”, “twat”, “scumbag”, “6mm nano penis”, “conman”, “fraudster”, “monster”, “creepy”, “hag”, “criminal”, etc. There were also significant racist attacks on our esteemed committee member Prince Akinwale Ojomo (a highly qualified World Economic Forum Global Leader and awardee of the highly prestigious US President’s Volunteer Service Gold Award), simply because he is African and Nigerian. These anti-free speech people were supported in public statements by the academic societies British DiGRA and DiGRA Australia and the FDG (Foundations of Digital Games) Conference.

This anti-free speech group is hostile to the idea of free speech at academic conferences. They are hostile to the entire foundations of Western Civilization. Ancient Greeks were pioneers of free speech in Western culture. Their literature and educational institutions explored freedom of expression, and questioning of authority. As stated by Professor Erwin Chemerinsky “free speech has been essential for the advancement of rights and equality. There would not have been a 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote, without the women’s suffrage movement and its widespread demonstrations. The civil rights protests of the 1960s — lunch counter sit-ins, the march on Selma, demonstrations on campuses — were essential to bringing about the end of segregation.” He implores that we must “upholding the principle that all ideas and views can be expressed at colleges and universities.”

What has happened to the ACE conference in 2018 by the angry free-speech mob is very similar to what happened in Germany in 1933. In 1933, the Nazi university student association created blacklists of works by literary and political figures such as Bertolt Brecht, Erich Maria Remarque, and Ernest Hemingway that were to be thrown into the flames. In the aftermath of the book burnings, the Nazi regime raided book stores, libraries, and publishers’ warehouses to confiscate materials it deemed dangerous or “un-German.” The Nazi book burnings provoked international criticism from intellectuals and the press. They saw it as a barbaric act that was out of keeping with a modern, civilized society.

However the ACE Committee will not back down to the angry anti-free speech mobsters. Although almost all papers were withdrawn because the mobsters mentally violently bullied the authors with threats and black-emails and social media posts, we will still carry on with our Keynote Speech by Mr. Stephen K. Bannon. We will carry on in an academic free-speech forum and debate with our Keynote Speaker Mr. Bannon in the true sense of the Athenian Forum. We will never let ourselves become “burned” like the Nazi anti-free speech book burning. Our commitment to free speech is mighty and unbreakable, in the spirit of famous free-speech heroes, such as Socrates, Erasmus, John Milton, Voltaire, John Stuart Mill, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Professor Timothy Garton etc. We subscribe to the freedom manifesto of the “Free Speech NOW!” organization: “Freedom of speech must never be restricted. No state bans, no hate-speech legislation, no libel laws, no restrictions on the press, no mob pressure on people to conform to modern orthodoxies. For attacks on freedom of speech do not only commit the bad-enough offence of preventing someone from saying what he believes – they also reduce the rest of us to the level of children through blocking our eyes and ears, degrading our moral autonomy, stifling truth-seeking, and elevating stupidity over enlightenment.”

We will never bend, we will never break, we will never bow to the angry anti-free speech academic mobsters. We fight for the cause of free speech and for one of the cornerstones of Western Civilization. We look forward to see you at the academic debate with our esteemed Keynote Speaker Mr. Stephen Kevin Bannon on December 11th at the University of Montana.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hello fellow Facebook children, would you like to join my Libertarian Party? As you can see, we have memes wink wink

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Flesh Forge posted:

the funny thing is, peta is a bunch of lovely pieces of poo poo who are scum, so w/e

They are incredibly prolific dog killers.

DLC Inc posted:

there is truly no bottom to the Steve Bannon pit of failure

No man radiates sex the way Steve Bannon does!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

CPL593H posted:

He wants a sexbot because he wants a partner that is physically incapable of throwing up when she sees his naked corpulent body.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

CPL593H posted:

he's right, you know

prolonged exposure to Steve Bannon without proper protections will turn your gonads and genitive organs into grotesquely misshapen, tumor-riddled lumps

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
lol Notch is at it again, you've heard it here first, the left is EVIL

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1070436218523987968

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1070438302753284097

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1070439313698041857

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1070440464954736641

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1070500048503365632

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1070578501051310081

REPENT

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but look up what she majored in.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not culinary science?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Notch needs to go outside or something. Maybe look at a tree

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dumbass Studies

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Please tell me she was a Liberal Arts major.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Can someone explain to me how The Left is the Evil one in this timeline?

Surely it would be the ones who want to eliminate rights for certain people who would be evil? Maybe the people who want to make life worse for everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
someones been dipping into the rancid candy bins again