Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
USMC F-18 and KC-130 smacked in to each other during refueling in Japan, six Marines missing :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
After serving in the Army and being deployed I absolutely positively do not trust anybody to point a gun at me, ever.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maybe it's because I'm not infantry or army or moto or whatever, but if someone points a gun at me and asks if I trust them, the answer will always be "no." I do not trust anyone who thinks pointing a gun at me is a good idea.

It was stupid before I joined up, it was stupid while I was in, and it was stupid when I got out.

Someone does it to you, wallop them.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Some dude had a party on base up in Alaska, and while they were sitting around drinking he decided to show off his new pistol. So people are handing it around the table, and when it gets back to him it's somehow loaded and he accidentally shoots himself in the face. Everyone there was military or a spouse, and they all got turbo hosed because handling guns while under the influence is a huge no-no up there.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Got muzzle swept 3 times in as many minutes by a guy I was buying weed from. Would have smacked the hell out of him but he had a gun pointed at me.

My dude, it’s time for you to find a new connection.

A weed dealer I knew in college used to carry a Sig and was known for flashing it around at parties. He pistol whipped a dude who short-changed him. We never bought off that guy again.

A few years later, I was living with my coworker, his wife and the drummer for their band. One day, I came in to find my coworker playing with a pistol, pointing it at me and pulling the trigger repeatedly. I thought it was an airsoft gun, but then I hit the mag release, a magazine with a snap cap in it fell out. It was the drummer’s gun- his FBI agent parents had given it to him to entice him to “pick up the family business” of being a federal LEO.

I quietly pulled my roommate and the drummer aside and told him that if anyone ever pointed a real gun at me again and pulled the trigger, they had better hope it was loaded and it killed me or else I would club them both senseless with it once I got ahold of it. The gun never made an appearance again. Both of those guys grew into being really solid and nice people; I’ll chalk it up to a momentary spate of dumbassery.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

USMC F-18 and KC-130 smacked in to each other during refueling in Japan, six Marines missing :(

Oh joy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bad Poster posted:

Some dude had a party on base up in Alaska, and while they were sitting around drinking he decided to show off his new pistol. So people are handing it around the table, and when it gets back to him it's somehow loaded and he accidentally shoots himself in the face. Everyone there was military or a spouse, and they all got turbo hosed because handling guns while under the influence is a huge no-no up there.

Holy poo poo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maybe it's because I'm not infantry or army or moto or whatever, but if someone points a gun at me and asks if I trust them, the answer will always be "no." I do not trust anyone who thinks pointing a gun at me is a good idea.

Yup.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

A Bad Poster posted:

are there...

are there places where handling guns under the influence is ok

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i wouldn't trust a soldier to drive my car or whatever let alone anything to do with a gun

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Vasudus posted:

Hope you weren't expecting China/US relations to calm down!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canada-has-arrested-huaweis-global-chief-financial-officer-in/

Canada just arrested Huawei's CFO for extradition to the US for attempting to violate Iran sanctions. My (limited) understanding of China's party politics makes this the equivalent of arresting a Saudi prince.

Unironically this is loving fantastic.

The Iran thing is whatever. But anything that disrupts Huawei's massive industrial espionage program is good in my books.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

A Bad Poster posted:

So did anyone get arrested for the murder, or did they get away with it?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bob dobbs is dead posted:

are there...

http://volusiatopgun.com/

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 6, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bob dobbs is dead posted:

are there...

the south

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1070365329187135488

please mourn

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Doc Hawkins posted:

So did anyone get arrested for the murder, or did they get away with it?

Dude shot himself in the face, they ruled it as an accidental suicide. In Alaska you're not even supposed to have access to a firearm if you're drunk. One of Sarah Palin's idiot kids got rolled up for that a few years ago.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Dude shot himself in the face, they ruled it as an accidental suicide. In Alaska you're not even supposed to have access to a firearm if you're drunk. One of Sarah Palin's idiot kids got rolled up for that a few years ago.
Sort of. It went to "veteran's court" so the firearm and domestic assault charges went away. Poor little combat veteran Track, with his Parented by Todd and Sarah Disorder.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

That sounds about right for Jeb!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ragaman posted:

That sounds about right for Jeb!
He's probably been sleeping 15 hours a day since losing to Donnie.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yes it is extremely bad to have a gun pointed at you

lmfao jesus christ how is this even a question?

You misunderstand what I was getting at. I was basically asking if that kind of move is drilled into people in training as something not to do like I know point the gun is, or if its just the obvious common sense that people lack.

No poo poo having a gun pointed at you is bad.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's extremely drilled into your head in training in addition to being common sense. In many cases flagging someone is a full on excuse to beat the poo poo out of them on the spot.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thanks!

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Vasudus posted:

It's extremely drilled into your head in training in addition to being common sense. In many cases flagging someone is a full on excuse to beat the poo poo out of them on the spot.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I see death on the First Shirt's face, General looks slightly bemused.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

2 star has always wanted to see someone blow off their own fingers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maybe it's "unloaded" with a round in the chamber

hence the mag in the other hand

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

2 star has always wanted to see someone blow off their own fingers
dude looks like a straight dude cheering on two lesbians

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Oh gently caress I thought he was holding a stripped barrel or something, that's a pistol isn't it.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I also like CPT Rifleman there looking mildly concerned. Like he feels something is off but just can't quite put his finger on it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, but at least he's got it pointed at something useless.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, but at least he's got it pointed at something useless.

:drat:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Am I mistaken, or is that also a rifle barrel and front sight aimed into her gut/groin?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

Am I mistaken, or is that also a rifle barrel and front sight aimed into her gut/groin?

You are correct, and she's holding a pistol aimed at her gut in her hand. Genius.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BUG JUG posted:

I also like CPT Rifleman there looking mildly concerned. Like he feels something is off but just can't quite put his finger on it.

Like he's about to lose one of his platoon leaders...

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
What happened next in that picture?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Vasudus posted:

https://youtu.be/Mu51rszgotI

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
MG: I would like to see the value added of this training event, please demonstrate!

CSM: I'm not sure that's a good ide-

CPT: Show the General your weaponhandling skills learned during this training event!

2LT: YES SIR :downs:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Meanwhile, Skynet continues to probe our defenses by assessing our vulnerability to bear spray:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Amazon-Warehouse-New-Jersey-Multiple-Sick-501976081.html

quote:

More than 50 employees at a sprawling Amazon fulfillment center in New Jersey were sickened, two dozen of them hospitalized, Wednesday after a robot punctured a can of bear repellent, causing it to discharge, authorities say.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

MG: I would like to see the value added of this training event, please demonstrate!

CSM: I'm not sure that's a good ide-

CPT: Show the General your weaponhandling skills learned during this training event!

2LT: YES SIR :downs:

Afterwords:

CSM: "2LT, your punishment is death by compass."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

This is amazing. :lol:

The look on the first sergeants face is pure violence