Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roguestick
Aug 18, 2013
keep forgetting I ordered something. Maybe it will come someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Fidget spinner for people with too much money, got it, thank you.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G5F8ObYgjI

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

PS, I may not have plat but you have my email!

oh yeaaahhhh doop a doop!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

if you do decide to risk your hands, maybe pick up the cut-resistant gloves too

Speaking of which, has anyone ordered these kinds of gloves from Ali? Like the chainmail kind that you'd recommend?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sharpest Crayon posted:

So can anyone tell me wtf is the purpose of this thing?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TiT...2868920536.html

I found it following the related stuff from the mini-tools, and it costs 62 bux! Reviews are all positive and the page does nothing to explain what it does.

Some kind of butt thing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Speaking of which, has anyone ordered these kinds of gloves from Ali? Like the chainmail kind that you'd recommend?

I ordered some just the other day after I came across them, so I'll let you know in 12 to 50 days

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

mobby_6kl posted:

Some kind of butt thing.

no flared base

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mad Wack posted:

no flared base

Live dangerously.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

mobby_6kl posted:

Some kind of butt thing.

General Bullshit > AliExpress! Some kind of butt thing

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The thread mascot. :unsmith:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mad Wack posted:

no flared base
Uh there kind of is, if you only stick half of it in. But who would want to do that, right.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

mobby_6kl posted:

Uh there kind of is, if you only stick half of it in. But who would want to do that, right.

why do it that way when you can put it in sideways?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You gotta shove it right up there so you can learn to rotate it in place for maximum sexy time skills.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

You gotta shove it right up there so you can learn to rotate it in place for maximum sexy time skills.

__________/

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Knowing that cartoonist's weird habit of using pictures of hands in place of people loving, I have now disgusted myself.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

All possibly NSFW

Love the advertising picture for this one. https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bKnFYENi

Bedsore wound care anyone? https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b95eDDXS

Bachelorette party gift?
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/berVc5xa

BULLETKISS fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 5, 2018

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Can someone recommend a good tripod for an SLR please

My cheapo Chinese tripod I bought off Amazon years ago has started to fall apart...

Also - I bought some of those Dick Butt Velcro patches to go on some tactilol pouches I use for cables and stuff - well worth the money

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If your current cheapo chinese tripod from amazon fell apart, i'm not sure what you're expecting from an even more cheapo AE version. it'll probably be the exact same model but with 70% of the build quality.

I use AliExpress for little tools I expect to rarely use or which are mostly impossible to get wrong (say, those pin vises I linked to earlier) but if you're using something seriously it's worth buying the good stuff. A $150-$200 Manfrotto tripod will last forever and is a good investment for your presumably-more-than-$150 digital SLR.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New thread title please

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

lmao. 5 stars for customer service.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Def make that the new title.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Amphigory posted:

Can someone recommend a good tripod for an SLR please

My cheapo Chinese tripod I bought off Amazon years ago has started to fall apart...

Also - I bought some of those Dick Butt Velcro patches to go on some tactilol pouches I use for cables and stuff - well worth the money

With tripods it's buy one cry once. 3 Legged Thing's Travis is great for the price.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

This thing makes the toilet glow when you enter with the lights turned off and I don't even care about bacteria I'm SO into it. I'm 2 for 2 on aliexpress motion sensing technology working perfectly, I'm gonna make my apartment the apartment of the future

once the postal strike resolves

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mods, title

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Def make that the new title.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

I agree but one of the middlemen being eliminated is quality control. Which is fine for post-its but questionable for cookware that might melt or poison you or both. If you're brave enough, though, there are already naked cherry palette dupes on ali

ohhh that said I do NOT do cosmetics on ali. besides, I actually have super good luck with hot topic's Blackheart palettes which cost like eight dollars :shrug: . still a markup honestly for that much mica and pigment but drat they ain't bad. Immortal Glow is a really solid one.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol

I got my first set of ear buds today and they are okay for 85 cents that I bought them for with free shipping. I have like 12 more things arriving sometime in the next 1-6 weeks

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Pick posted:

ohhh that said I do NOT do cosmetics on ali. besides, I actually have super good luck with hot topic's Blackheart palettes which cost like eight dollars :shrug: . still a markup honestly for that much mica and pigment but drat they ain't bad. Immortal Glow is a really solid one.
Yooooo let me tell you about w7 palettes. They have dupes for the entire Naked collection, in nice tins, for like $7 on Amazon (it's a UK company). The only downside is they take awhile to come out, but they're so good I have no idea why they don't get more buzz

e: I apply over a base that acts as a primer, and for shimmery stuff I always apply wet anyway for ~more sparkle~
ymmv if you don't

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 7, 2018

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

Yooooo let me tell you about w7 palettes. They have dupes for the entire Naked collection, in nice tins, for like $7 on Amazon (it's a UK company). The only downside is they take awhile to come out, but they're so good I have no idea why they don't get more buzz

Oooh!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

you dont trust putting something on your face from a country with constant health violations at all levels? Hey now poison is pretty expensive, i doubt they would waste it on makeup when baby formula still costs so much.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I've been on a wild aliexpress bender for months now and the only quality issues I have had is with jackets made of plastic and t-shirts made of strange but acceptable and possibly beneficial material blends (they look like cotton but have the texture of hard wearing workout gear). One t-shirt had transparent mesh panels that didnt show in the image since they had put it on over a colour matched undershirt (it looks a lot less pleasant when you are looking at chest hair and pale goon-skin through those mesh panels). All the gadgets I have bought have turned out great. I have $5 sleep headphones that may actually be better than my $80 official sleepPhone branded pair. My digital spirit level and stud finder both work great and somehow made it to suburban Western Australia in two days when domestic deliveries generally take over a week or two. I also had some travel bottles arrive literally hours after I ordered them which seems a little odd. I definitely wouldn't risk any cosmetics though.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Moon Atari posted:

I have $5 sleep headphones

Which ones did you get?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Snowy posted:

Which ones did you get?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b7SjWTb6 I have multiple pairs and they all work well.

I'm currently waiting for a pair of video glasses and these duel omni-directional smartphone mics to arrive so I can rig them up to my own head and shoot first person binaural cat petting video.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Interstellar is a good one too. yeah they're $8.90 apiece and HT has bog50% all the time so super good deal.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

New thread title please

second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I bought a few home things a while back and they've been trickling in due to the Canada Post strike. They've all been good quality. The prices all look a little higher than when I bought though, so you may want to wait for a deal...

Collapsible Colander Set
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cAOF7Ju8

A sponge thing with a handle for a dollar or two. These all leak via the sponge whether or not you get the name brand
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cfZHDbxi

A dryer hedgehog :3:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/crVFI53S

Brushes of many different sizes
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cULhYf9O