Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lima posted:

:siren: Power armor edition havers :siren:

If you put in a ticket to have your crummy bag replaced, all your info have been leaked to the internet. No joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdBNv5wFKk0

There should be plenty of reddits and youtubes about it already.

here is a link to an article which you can probably read in less than the 12 minutes that dude takes to say the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Entropic posted:

How terrible are 6 and BE?

Accounts are subjective, so here is something objective about Civ6.

I took this just now. Civ 6 sucks so much balls that it's trailing behind it's own predecessor six years older than it.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Look, I know I was scammed, but I'm like really busy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Writing page long open letters about how casual and uncaring I am.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

KillerQueen posted:

Look, I know I was scammed, but I'm like really busy.

That entire thread bums me out as someone who genuinely cares about game. The industry will always try to rush out the cheapest piece of poo poo possible because a ton of people will happily buy it anyway just for the name no matter how literally broken it is.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

DrManiac posted:

I genuinely can’t remember a game that kept loving up this bad. I was going to say sim city, but they offered refunds lol.

And also managed to not leak customer's data to... everyone who submitted a support ticket!?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Holy poo poo my mind is just blown by the leaked customer information. Not only has the train gone off the rails, it was transporting several thousand gallons of crude oil before it careened off a mountain, rolled down through a forest, then spilled its remaining contents into the ocean before bursting into flame and setting the whole thing alight. This is legitimately insane. This is Hindenberg gaming. Bethesda have finally poo poo the bed so hard that they're gonna have to change whether they want to or not.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DrManiac posted:

I don't care.

I don't. I am probably not the key demographic of this subreddit which is likely gamers aged 16-25 with loads of free time. There are people in this sub with hundreds of hours into this game. I think I just got the 76 hour achievement the last night, and I have played since BETA.

I am nearly 40. I have a wife and kids, I have a full time job. I play a couple hours here and there during the week.

I do not play for 8-12 hours a day every day.

So I am a filthy casual. I get it.

And that is key to my perspective of why I don't care. I just turn on my Xbox and I play. I do whatever quests I had on from the last time I played. I dink around in my CAMP. I go on some loot runs here and there. I fiddle around. I am like level 38 or something. I never run into significant bugs, I rarely get booted from the game or freeze. The only time the game made me rage was a week ago I was killed while over-encumbered and got the dreaded respawn bug. I have a friend who plays that also is nearly 40, has a wife and kids and we sometimes can play together on a Saturday or Sunday night. if we are lucky.

So when I read things like workshops were slowed down and produce ore not scrap (I mean, makes sense right? why you taking scrap outta the ground?) or things like exploits being addressed. Server hopping cap stashes being stopped. I don't care. I don't care because I don't do that.

I am a filthy casual... and to be honest, when I read over what has changed I think the vast majority of it even makes sense.

I do understand anger about incomplete patch notes. people should know what happened with the update, and not be surprised about it particularly when it changes strategy.

I get that people think it is more important to fix freezes and bugs than it is to worry about game balance. I agree.

But at the end of the day, I can't waste any time fuming about this. I worked all day yesterday, I came home. I made dinner. I clean up and did some chores around the house. hung out with the family for a while, then sat down to play the game for all of about 1.5 hours before going to bed. I logged on, my stuff was there. I wrapped up a quest. I finally wandered over to the Cranberry bog area. I did the Uranium fever event with a bunch of other people I got some loot, found some plans, had a good time. Nothing froze, nothing broke. My enjoyment was not ruined due to the patch.

So, there you have it. I don't care.

And the reason I am writing this is simply perspective. There are a lot of people that play this game. A whole lot more than the 150K on this subreddit. I have a feeling a good chunk of them are like me.

People that play a couple hours a week when they can. People on consoles. people that are not at endgame. people that just play the game and don't worry about Min-Maxing every possible thing they can. People that don't even consider server hopping mobs or cap stashes. People like me that get on this subreddit to find a good idea of something to go do during their short 1-2 hour gaming windows.

Please give us the soure

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Siljmonster posted:

Please give us the soure

On the first page of the fallout 76 reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3e3s0/alternate_perspective_to_all_the_anger_over_the/

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

DrManiac posted:

I genuinely can’t remember a game that kept loving up this bad. I was going to say sim city, but they offered refunds lol.

Star Wars The Old Republic had a series of massive fuckups, but EA/Bioware knew the Star Wars license is a license to print money so they fixed it up best they could over time all things considered.

Until then they were doing poo poo like banning users over negative feedback/linking to the hidden unsubscribe page, not letting banned users unsubscribe because they couldn't view the page, disabling the unsubscribe page entirely when the game started getting bad press, the game being a buggy hosed up mess, the game itself was unbalanced as poo poo, and all the usual poo poo ontop of the crazy poo poo.

For example - dancing made you invincible in combat while apparently also maintaining your aggro to enemies, making you a dancing tank god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZMUud4S18U

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

DrManiac posted:

So when I read things like workshops were slowed down and produce ore not scrap (I mean, makes sense right? why you taking scrap outta the ground?)

Okay here I'm gonna have to walk back literally everything I said for like four pages and point out that this is goddamn stupid. Changing extractors from scrap to ore means it now takes (at least) three times as long to farm up whatever it is you're extracting, because in order to have useful materials (ie, scrap) you need to craft it out of the ore. So this is the exact antithesis to your (the general you, considering the source) casual, limited time play. Making things take longer means you get less meaningful play out of the time you're logged in. At that point, why even play? There's literally thousands of games out there that provide this exact same functionality that aren't hilariously broken on a technical level.

I mean, I'm absolutely casual when it comes to this game. I'm only level 30 on the only character I've started. But I also care quite a bit when they actively make their already pretty sparse and broken game even worse, especially when it's on purpose, as in the XP and extractor nerfs.

Like, c'mon. Defending a clear and stupid nerf like that is the sort of poo poo that people get on their smugtrains about.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

lovely Wizard posted:

Star Wars The Old Republic had a series of massive fuckups, but EA/Bioware knew the Star Wars license is a license to print money so they fixed it up best they could over time all things considered.

Until then they were doing poo poo like banning users over negative feedback/linking to the hidden unsubscribe page, not letting banned users unsubscribe because they couldn't view the page, disabling the unsubscribe page entirely when the game started getting bad press, the game being a buggy hosed up mess, the game itself was unbalanced as poo poo, and all the usual poo poo ontop of the crazy poo poo.

Wait they disabled the unsubscribe page? Did they really make it so people couldn't actually stop paying them money?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Pigbuster posted:

Wait they disabled the unsubscribe page? Did they really make it so people couldn't actually stop paying them money?

Yep, it's hard to prove whether it was incompetence or malice, but they were banning people for direct linking the unsubscribe direct url on the forums so keep that in mind.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lovely Wizard posted:

Yep, it's hard to prove whether it was incompetence or malice, but they were banning people for direct linking the unsubscribe direct url on the forums so keep that in mind.

Both, it was both, it's always both.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I remember for a good long while that XBOX Live on the 360 didn't have online unsubscribing for ages and ages, you had to call a line for it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

I'm down!! Filthy Casual father of 5 girls and a wife who is OBSESSED with Hallmark movies during the holidays. So you can imagine how much playtime I get.

Playtime with the game?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
May I advise you to put your gamer in containment fence and lock away the console power cords in the cubbard.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Why do so many game studios seem to collapse under their own weight once they become really big? It's been a really poo poo showing for a lot of big dev studios lately

They go from a bunch of young people trying to make something they believe in to a bunch of jaded older people managing a poo poo show under them while a bunch of other moneypeople yell at them to make it more like X or Y game all the kids like according to the latest reports.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zzulu posted:

Why do so many game studios seem to collapse under their own weight once they become really big? It's been a really poo poo showing for a lot of big dev studios lately

Studios get this sense that they have to hire 80 managers who complain to their bosses when their employees ask for help so they replace that employee with a guy in QA that said he could do my job better but after a week he no showed.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
That is both a profound burn on Todd and a profound burn on New Vegas by associating Todd with it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lima posted:

:siren: Power armor edition havers :siren:

If you put in a ticket to have your crummy bag replaced, all your info have been leaked to the internet. No joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdBNv5wFKk0

There should be plenty of reddits and youtubes about it already.

Reddit moderators have been deleting this like crazy. Really shows how much control Bethesda has over them.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I guess I'm some kind of masochist because I'm actually enjoying this game, but the fact that it has race conditions I can exploit with my loving keyboard is just ... what that actual gently caress in tyol 2018.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Zzulu posted:

Some devs handle growing/aging really well - filling gaps in the studio with legitimate talent and making sure that their developers don't get too complacent/stuck in how they were doing x years ago compared to present day.

Like Valve might have their problems, but they made sure to invest in critical poo poo like their own engine with poo poo like phenomenal lip syncing and modding, their own infrastructure for their online, their own store, etc...

Then you have Bethesda where it seems like they refuse to do anything about the guy who refuses to make diagonal walking animations, refuse to put the resources in to fix their engine let alone modernize it beyond a fresh coat of graphics, refusing to give a poo poo about story consistency to the degree where it actively harms their products (remember Fallout 3 getting a bad ending until paid DLC replaced it with a mediocre ending?), and a myriad of other problems.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76FilthyCasuals

That's right, now that r/fo76 has been compromised by people critically looking at the game filthy haters, a new subreddit has been spawned that is finally getting away from the negativity surrounding this game.

I legit don't think you could make a consumer better than modern gamers.

Just a couple comments from a spiritual leader!
First. I love that in a semi-rant post I made, a subreddit idea was hatched and in a couple hours it was made and there are 300 people in here. Awesome.

Second. I in no way intent to be a leader. I am, after all, a filthy casual. I didn't start this or suggest it, but I still think it is amazing.

But, I do have some suggestions for direction.

First: A filthy casual is a self-implied title. you don't have to be a certain age or married or whatever. You just have to be a "less" serious member of the gaming community. A person less concerned with maximizing every aspect of the game. It doesn't mean you don't want cool stuff or to have a good time. It just means you aren't spending every waking moment on a spreadsheet calculating maximum DPS for each of your weapons with each perk card...

A person that simply enjoys playing but doesn't make the game the central feature of their life.

Second: post all the drat memes you want. why not? we play for fun.

Third: Talk strategy and events and give tips. why not? yes we are casuals, but a lot of time it is because we are time limited. Getting a good tip on how to maximize our hour of free time tonight could be real helpful.

Fourth: I see this has already started, and I love it, but be a community! this is a place for casual hookups (giggity) in gaming. A place to find some chill people to wander the wasteland with and not stress about needing to be level 225 with a 5* super rocket sledge of death and maxed out X01 armor...

Zelder fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 6, 2018

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Siljmonster posted:

Studios get this sense that they have to hire 80 managers who complain to their bosses when their employees ask for help so they replace that employee with a guy in QA that said he could do my job better but after a week he no showed.

Hey look I didn't get this MBA with a C+ average just to be homeless okay somebody has to hire me to gently caress up their very successful company. ~ basically every person who gets an MBA

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Tomorrow Bethesda will empty out some Power Armored Edition's bank account and not understand why they're mad about it. I thought you wanted a lot of atoms!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Zelder posted:

That's right, now that r/fo76 has been compromised by people critically looking at the game filthy haters, a new subreddit has been spawned that is finally getting away from the negativity surrounding this game.

quote:

I can't take my wife out for a movie and dinner date night without spending $75.00 for the maybe 3 hours we are gone. That is $25/hr for entertainment the way I see it. That means I would have to play for 2 hours to get that same ROE(return on entertainment). I just got the 76hr achievement last night I think it was. That is $.67/hr for entertainment. Nothing to shake a stick at.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Zelder posted:

Jesus loving wept lmao

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

"Seventy five dollar meal and a sixty dollar Bethesda game are really just the same thing, they both end up as piles of poo poo"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Songbearer posted:

Holy poo poo my mind is just blown by the leaked customer information. Not only has the train gone off the rails, it was transporting several thousand gallons of crude oil before it careened off a mountain, rolled down through a forest, then spilled its remaining contents into the ocean before bursting into flame and setting the whole thing alight. This is legitimately insane. This is Hindenberg gaming. Bethesda have finally poo poo the bed so hard that they're gonna have to change whether they want to or not.

Someone make a YouTube channel called Hindenburg Gaming where it showcases the worst gaming fiascos like this one

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

buglord posted:

Someone make a YouTube channel called Hindenburg Gaming where it showcases the worst gaming fiascos like this one

Also

Spore
Sim City
No mans sky

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zelder posted:

Goons did the same thing when they retreated to the private game servers thread after a week or so.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
bethesda could piss in a jar and sell it to these rubes as liquid gold.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zelder posted:

this is a place for casual hookups (giggity) in gaming.
:chloe:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

RoastBeef posted:

I guess I'm some kind of masochist because I'm actually enjoying this game, but the fact that it has race conditions I can exploit with my loving keyboard is just ... what that actual gently caress in tyol 2018.

Perhaps if you submit a ticket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Zelder posted:

Just a couple comments from a spiritual leader!
First. I love that in a semi-rant post I made, a subreddit idea was hatched and in a couple hours it was made and there are 300 people in here. Awesome.

Second. I in no way intent to be a leader. I am, after all, a filthy casual. I didn't start this or suggest it, but I still think it is amazing.

But, I do have some suggestions for direction.

First: A filthy casual is a self-implied title. you don't have to be a certain age or married or whatever. You just have to be a "less" serious member of the gaming community. A person less concerned with maximizing every aspect of the game. It doesn't mean you don't want cool stuff or to have a good time. It just means you aren't spending every waking moment on a spreadsheet calculating maximum DPS for each of your weapons with each perk card...

A person that simply enjoys playing but doesn't make the game the central feature of their life.

Second: post all the drat memes you want. why not? we play for fun.

Third: Talk strategy and events and give tips. why not? yes we are casuals, but a lot of time it is because we are time limited. Getting a good tip on how to maximize our hour of free time tonight could be real helpful.

Fourth: I see this has already started, and I love it, but be a community! this is a place for casual hookups (giggity) in gaming. A place to find some chill people to wander the wasteland with and not stress about needing to be level 225 with a 5* super rocket sledge of death and maxed out X01 armor...

jesus christ, i haven't seen cult-like behavior this bad since star citizen