Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

chaosapiant posted:

Batgirl question: in the rebirth continuity is Babs Batgirl still around, or did they undo her spine getting fixed and she's back to being Oracle again?

She had an operation, but a recent arc included that she's still prone to some paralysis/loss of some motor control. She's still Batgirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Don't make D_T post pages.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Maybe if we stop mentioning the holy blessed name of Scott loving Lobdell we wouldn't be suffering through this posting right now. Also, no-one gives a flying gently caress about Lobdell. Dude hasn't been relevant since the 90's, and I will ignore any poster who posts here trying to tell me otherwise.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Posting pages written by Lobdell probably should be a bannable offense. Exposing other people to that kind of writing can't be good for mental health.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

Maybe if we stop mentioning the holy blessed name of Scott loving Lobdell we wouldn't be suffering through this posting right now. Also, no-one gives a flying gently caress about Lobdell. Dude hasn't been relevant since the 90's, and I will ignore any poster who posts here trying to tell me otherwise.

From here on out we simply refer to him as Blott Blobdell

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not asking him to post more panels just pointing out intentionally smoltsy panels doesn’t prove much.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not asking him to post more panels just pointing out intentionally smoltsy panels doesn’t prove much.

The original statement was that N52 was am angry, angsty cloud. That page disproves she was angsty and was in fact a pretty happy and well adjusted character. You can also checky any cover and see she was consistently drawn smiling.

And that is ultimately my issue with people here, Lobdell is not a perfect writer and has flaws in his craft that can (and should) be criticized. Bitch and moan over stuff that isn't even what happened on his stories though? That is bullshit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The original statement was that N52 was am angry, angsty cloud. That page disproves she was angsty and was in fact a pretty happy and well adjusted character. You can also checky any cover and see she was consistently drawn smiling.

And that is ultimately my issue with people here, Lobdell is not a perfect writer and has flaws in his craft that can (and should) be criticized. Bitch and moan over stuff that isn't even what happened on his stories though? That is bullshit.

A single page can’t prove poo poo. That’s horribly reductive way of thinking. You can throw a page or two of forced pathos easily and it’s something Lobdell is known for.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

A single page can’t prove poo poo. That’s horribly reductive way of thinking. You can throw a page or two of forced pathos easily and it’s something Lobdell is known for.

Let's flip the question then, how would you prove that Solstice was an angsty, edgy character in the N52?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Doomsday Clock #8 spoilers are floating around on the internet.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Doomsday Clock #8 spoilers are floating around on the internet.

I looked at them and :psyduck:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Posting pages written by Lobdell probably should be a bannable offense. Exposing other people to that kind of writing can't be good for mental health.

Well I mean you are a mod and you can go crazy with power....

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

A single page can’t prove poo poo.

It'll have to. I'ma close up if I have to see another piece of Brett Booth art!!

edit:
Martian Manhunter interview: https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/11/29/18116828/martian-manhunter-series-dc-comics-mars-culture-steve-orlando

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 30, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

I know King is JFKing current DC.

:drat:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish they had killed Bunker because it might have broken DT enough that he'd stop posting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

I wish they had killed Bunker because it might have broken DT enough that he'd stop posting.

You have some weird ideas about people if you genuinely think killing a fictional character will amount to anything more than frustration and anger for a bit from the readers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every idea I have about you stems from your extremely off putting posts about Jason Todd. It's a fair bet that if DC killed of JT you'd probably go even further off the reservation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I would be pissed but ultimately, whatever they could do won't destroy the comics that already exist nor stop the character from showing anywhere else.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I don't think I've liked a Lobdell comic since Generation X but I'd earnestly kind of annoyed if Bunker died. DC has way too few gay characters and not enough Latinx characters and even if Bunker isn't exactly setting the world on fire I'd rather have him in limbo for some future writer to pick up than in a grave.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Every idea I have about you stems from your extremely off putting posts about Jason Todd. It's a fair bet that if DC killed of JT you'd probably go even further off the reservation.

If it's any consolation, joker is now in batman beyond and he has a great big shrine to the crowbar he used to kill jason, he's extremely excited that he gets a shot at a new robin now that Matt is now robin to Terry.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Archyduchess posted:

I don't think I've liked a Lobdell comic since Generation X but I'd earnestly kind of annoyed if Bunker died. DC has way too few gay characters and not enough Latinx characters and even if Bunker isn't exactly setting the world on fire I'd rather have him in limbo for some future writer to pick up than in a grave.

Being dead is the same thing as being in limbo. This is comics.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Being dead is the same thing as being in limbo. This is comics.

I don't think a ton of DC writers are Roman Catholic though.

Man like ... 5 people are going to get that joke.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

chaosapiant posted:

Batgirl question: in the rebirth continuity is Babs Batgirl still around, or did they undo her spine getting fixed and she's back to being Oracle again?

In her latest book she's going under the knife to get the chip they implanted to allow her spine to transmit signals to her legs again either fixed or removed because its shorting out and malfunctioning, giving her seizures/memory loss/issues walking after a fake Grotesque (who was recruited/controlled by the Wyrm badguy from the Nightwing book pre-Batman 55/Nightwing #50 plot that's been completely thrown aside save for the occasional graffiti on the wall in artwork) hit her in the spine with a cattle prod during a fight.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1070041794107203585

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

It’s the crimson chin!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hope that's representative of an actual issue cause it means either Bruce goes bald or it's Bane. I approve of both.
Also, Frank interiors just popping in to the biggest comic for an issue would be funny. Jordie Bellaire might even make him look good. Probably just an variant cover, though.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I have no idea how DC looked at how everyone reacted at NaziCaptainAmerica Event! Super Depression and Misery as opposed to Rebirth and went "iron's hot folks". HiC sounds like pure hell, and the shittest writers are heading their big books.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Always a good time to bury oneself in the Super Sons omnibus.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's Doomsday Clock is nine tenths of a Superman classic. If you're a Clark fan with no love for the series, but a good imagination that could picture a happily resolved final few pages to replace the ones you actually get, you might still wanna check it out.

edit: and Johns' other comic ends with an anime Shazam bunny rabbit, so good week, Geoff.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 5, 2018

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

NutritiousSnack posted:

I have no idea how DC looked at how everyone reacted at NaziCaptainAmerica Event! Super Depression and Misery as opposed to Rebirth and went "iron's hot folks". HiC sounds like pure hell, and the shittest writers are heading their big books.

Bendis, king, Wilson, Snyder, and Morrison?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

people love the poo poo out of Mister Miracle

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Bendis, king, Wilson, Snyder, and Morrison?

Morrison is around for GL and then is gone, after what is going to be a short run. Bendis and King are trash though, yeah. King especially, even he also made Mister Miracle. All his stories are about how Superheroes get PSTD or are accidental war criminals, so his wheelhouse has gotten less and less interesting.

ElNarez posted:

people love the poo poo out of Mister Miracle

MM isn't a headliner and that discards what he also has dropped.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Wilson on Wonder Woman.

DC is loving stacked right now. I don’t read much DC, but they have a murderers row of top talent on their books.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

Today's Doomsday Clock is nine tenths of a Superman classic. If you're a Clark fan with no love for the series, but a good imagination that could picture a happily resolved final few pages to replace the ones you actually get, you might still wanna check it out.

edit: and Johns' other comic ends with an anime Shazam bunny rabbit, so good week, Geoff.

I was a little unsure of the new dynamic for Captain Marvel, but I think it's growing on me. I guess this is also gonna be one of their branches in fleshing out the paradigms for the Magic part of the DCU that's usually taken a back seat to everything else.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There's a Green Lantern with an exploding volcano for a head.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In that Shazam backup, is Sen's way of not drawing the bars in front of people's/the rabbit's face a usual manga type thing?

I think I'd rather see an obscured face than have to take a second to question if Mary is T-1000-ing into the cage.

Roth posted:

There's a Green Lantern with an exploding volcano for a head.

And he grumbles in lil earthquakes (or at least that's how I'm picturing it.)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 6, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

In that Shazam backup, is Sen's way of not drawing the bars in front of people's/the rabbit's face a usual manga type thing?

I think I'd rather see an obscured face than have to take a second to question if Mary is T-1000-ing into the cage.

Can't say I've seen that before, that looks weird as hell

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It not usual but I've occasionally seen that.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Teenage Fansub posted:

(Mary stabs liquid metal knives into Billy's shoulder.)
Mary: I know this must hurt. Call out the Wizard's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Question IRL posted:

(Mary stabs liquid metal knives into Billy's shoulder.)
Mary: I know this must hurt. Call out the Wizard's name.

What is this in reference to?