Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I watched the trailer. It looks cool I guess. Reminds me a lot of a PS game named Tonga or something about a pink haired cave man dude.

hell yeah, motherfucking TOMBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Nintendo please release Smash Bros today in time for my long train trip. Thank you.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Knorth posted:

I'm gunna buy it! And play it! It's going to be the first time I've ever played one

I'm so jealous of you. Katamari is a singular experience and you're in for a world of fun and happy music.

The coolest thing about that game is the scale. Long before massive open worlds like Skyrim or whatever sad desert RDR2 is set in, Katamari made you feel like you could start out as a tiny little ball and slowly grow to encompass the whole entire world, and it did it gradually enough that it felt smooth. The first time you start to roll up entire countries and mythical beings and weather patterns is loving magical.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

All right, I gotta ask; are any of these Atelier games worth a drat?

Do you love crafting in RPGs? No, I mean, do you really love crafting? Do you want to play as young, innocent women going on pure adventures with their fellow lady friends? Do you not mind time limits in your game where if you run out of time, game over start again? If you said yes to all of the above then slap your money down.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

As an enthusiastic newcomer to JRPGs I thought the idea of one pivoted to put crafting at the center was appealing when I first learned of Atelier but then I watched a video of the one on Switch and like 30 seconds in schoolgirls were squealing as their alchemical experiments set their frilly dresses on fire and I slowly backed away from the computer.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Barudak posted:

Do you not mind time limits in your game where if you run out of time, game over start again?

Though most of the time the time limits are measured in years.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Barudak posted:

Do you love crafting in RPGs? No, I mean, do you really love crafting? Do you want to play as young, innocent women going on pure adventures with their fellow lady friends? Do you not mind time limits in your game where if you run out of time, game over start again? If you said yes to all of the above then slap your money down.

Maybe?
Gotta say no.
Sure.
I do mind; it's my biggest complaint with Dead Rising.

Sigh, I guess I'm not buying one then. Maybe Ys VIII...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stelas posted:

Though most of the time the time limits are measured in years.

Theyre generous, and in some games also fake, but the existence of timers turns a lot of people off on the face of them, especially for long time investment games so its a needed warning.

Mister Facetious posted:

Ys VIII's combat doesnt change from the moment you start the game to the end but its constructed of a series of small snackable advancements with definite rewards attached to each that it is extremely portable stop and start friendly. Cant tell you much about the story other than it gets dumb as hell in a hurry and that you can skip absolutely all of it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Are the Atelier timers game-long timers? And if so are the ones on the Switch games "fake"? Because everything listed sounded fun except for that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Argue posted:

Are the Atelier timers game-long timers? And if so are the ones on the Switch games "fake"? Because everything listed sounded fun except for that.

They are typically main story long, so if there is any post game theres no timer for that.

In Lydie and Suelle for switch there is one but its not the whole game and is introduced a ways into the game. You should have your bearings by then and the game saves to new slots every time so you could always go back there.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Argue posted:

It's usually a series of challenges with deadlines, finish the challenge and you have free time to do whatever til the next one. Repeat til the end of the game. There are multiple endings depending on how well you do, what companions you befriend and what optional stuff you do. Some games (Firis being the only one on the Switch) deviate from this but that's how they usually go.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
If you have a digital copy of a game and then get a physical copy later, are the saves tied to the game itself? or are they saved to console so physical/digital can both use it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dizz posted:

If you have a digital copy of a game and then get a physical copy later, are the saves tied to the game itself? or are they saved to console so physical/digital can both use it?

Saved to console, but uh, why the hell would you get a digital copy then a physical copy?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

Saved to console, but uh, why the hell would you get a digital copy then a physical copy?

Because I'm a piece of poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dizz posted:

Because I'm a piece of poo poo

That still doesnt answer the question! Did you get cursed by the spirit if iwata to own every game in both formats or what

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

That still doesnt answer the question! Did you get cursed by the spirit if iwata to own every game in both formats or what

I was thinking of getting it digital at first because waiting for amazon to deliver my game on time is a gamble, and getting a physical copy later on for the hell of it.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barudak posted:

Yes.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

You can only unlock Waluigi if you 100% both the physical and digital copies yourself. the game can tell if you're trying to cheat or use a game someone else did for you and notifies the nintendo ninjas to murder you in your sleep.

in the afterlife your punishment is to spend the rest of eternity fighting Brawl Metaknight.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dizz posted:

You can only unlock Waluigi if you 100% both the physical and digital copies yourself. the game can tell if you're trying to cheat or use a game someone else did for you and notifies the nintendo ninjas to murder you in your sleep.

in the afterlife your punishment is to spend the rest of eternity fighting Brawl Metaknight.

Good to know I don't need to aim for 100% then.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Good to know I don't need to aim for 100% then.

Waluigi has a taunt where he flashes a bit of his uncircumcised dick

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

As an enthusiastic newcomer to JRPGs I thought the idea of one pivoted to put crafting at the center was appealing when I first learned of Atelier but then I watched a video of the one on Switch and like 30 seconds in schoolgirls were squealing as their alchemical experiments set their frilly dresses on fire and I slowly backed away from the computer.

Ugh GIRLS, I might get cooties

Mister Facetious posted:

Maybe?
Gotta say no.
Sure.
I do mind; it's my biggest complaint with Dead Rising.

Lydie & Suelle has no time limit if that helps, it was more a thing in the earlier ones.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dizz posted:

Waluigi has a taunt where he flashes a bit of his uncircumcised dick

You won me over.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Lobster posted:

Realistically I figure they'll charge $30 for it* because it's an older game but they're putting it on a cartridge which supposedly costs more to print? But of course it's Nintendo so $60 is not out of the question.

*if it were to exist

It's gonna be full-price because it's gonna take work to port them. The Wii versions were also specifically built around the IR Bar, and there's a wee bit of calibration work that needs to go into getting something reasonable emulated with just the joycon gyros.

Classic Gamecube-style controls are right-out too, because Prime 3 was built specifically for the Wii. The reason you see games like Rayman Legends ported for half the price of most new releases (at least sans-Nintendo Tax) is because they're fundamentally built to plug-and-play with different consoles a lot easier than something engineered as a console exclusive. Especially ones that're fundamentally over a decade old.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

You won me over.

It's surreal to think, but Sakurai literally told me that in Twitter DMs.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Surely any ported Prime trilogy would include bumping everything up to HD and so would be much more work than the Wii trilogy since that was just a straight SD port (with the pointer controls added)?

It's bound to cost more than the original trilogy.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Friendly reminder to you guys; no matter what you should not under any circumstances loudly profess your wishes to smash a bro. You have been warned.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hot video: Stepsister and BFF Smash her not brother

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Tomorrow I smash bros and splat kids.

Wait...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Harriet I smashed a squid

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Geez dere Editt, I ain't smashed a squid in three years!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
last Smash countdown art

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Gripweed posted:

last Smash countdown art

she loving murdered the blue squid

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

...To go fetch your wallet?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

barrel

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Jables88 posted:

Surely any ported Prime trilogy would include bumping everything up to HD and so would be much more work than the Wii trilogy since that was just a straight SD port (with the pointer controls added)?

It's bound to cost more than the original trilogy.

There's like a 1% chance that they make the original trilogy full HD. That would take so many resources to do alongside also developing Prime 4. I just can't reasonably see it happen.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

As an Ausgoon

Holyshit smash good

Also the netcode seems rock solid compared to splatoon for me.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

All right, I gotta ask; are any of these Atelier games worth a drat?

I asked this the other day and got this response:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873077&pagenumber=202&perpage=40#post490282360

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know everyone is all lathered up for Smash, but any word on when Katamari and Genesis Classics unlock?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Katamari still doesn't even have a listing on Steam so now I'm back to thinking that it's back to being delayed to the 20th and they forgot to update the site. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Katamari still doesn't even have a listing on Steam so now I'm back to thinking that it's back to being delayed to the 20th and they forgot to update the site. :(

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/katamari-damacy-reroll/168393