Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what a loving wimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Didn't his presidential approval rate drop to 50 before the Mueller investigation?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Lmao.

So much for that six, seven, eight day run of not screeching like a baboon

Guze fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 6, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Demographic changes are the plate tectonics of politics.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

I think Presidential Harassment is more like implying that the President is secretly Kenyan, Donald.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CascadeBeta posted:

Didn't his presidential approval rate drop to 50 before the Mueller investigation?

He was sub 50 at inauguration.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

Pretty sure as long as you’re 35 by the day you take the oath of office, you’re eligible.

posting before I read all the new posts, like seriously whats the logic of the age restrction.(other than the old timey "well we only want rich older male WASPs)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

"Judge's"

Mueller, wrap it up

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
First of all he’s not at 50%, that’s the Rasmussen lean.

The interesting thing is there is a slight kernel of truth in that tweet. If a “respectable” Republican was currently in office observing the usual decorum, someone like Kaisich, he’d probably be sitting at an over 60% approval rating in this economy. And I mean 60% from reputable pollsters not Rasmussen. Rasmussen would have him at 75%.

But thankfully Trump is a complete dumpster fire.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The president doesn't know how to make nouns plural. He uses a loving apostrophe. gently caress.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

it's literally never even touched fifty since like the couple days after the inauguration, outside of Rasmussen, which is consistently around 8 points too high

PhazonLink posted:

posting before I read all the new posts, like seriously whats the logic of the age restrction.(other than the old timey "well we only want rich older male WASPs)

that is literally the reason, i'm sorry if you expected anything better

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Still blows my mind a little that he seems to think the president shouldn't face any criticism, considering the whole Birther nonsense.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ogmius815 posted:

The president doesn't know how to make nouns plural. He uses a loving apostrophe. gently caress.

he's illiterate.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
More like Presidential HISassment! Hahaha...*sniff*...

Well...

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

eke out posted:

great start to the day

It's extra hilarious because it's really only reverting to where it was before the market stupidly reacted to Trump saying there was going to be a "DEAL" on tariffs.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

haveblue posted:

Demographic changes are the plate tectonics of politics.

Yeah, you hardly notice them happening. Today's conservatives are wildly progressive compared to the conservatives of the 1950s, in that they are generally OK with interracial marriage and legal gay sex. Sadly they are now all stuck in 1960.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

He's right. If Cruz/Rubio/Jeb! were in office right now having enacted 97% of the same agenda while observing decorum and keeping the quiet part quiet, they'd be at 60%+ ( in non garbage polls) and cruising to reelection.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crow Jane posted:

A branding iron would be more efficient

But would involve more CO2 release.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chinese Gordon posted:

He's right. If Cruz/Rubio/Jeb! were in office right now having enacted 97% of the same agenda while observing decorum and keeping the quiet part quiet, they'd be at 60%+ ( in non garbage polls) and cruising to reelection.

They’d also have kept the House and swept the Senate.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if we had fair elections, the republicans would get crushed everywhere but the senate. i think when people say demographics are destiny they aren't factoring in gerrymandering, voter suppression, stealing absentee ballots, etc.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Chinese Gordon posted:

Favored? Sure. Cruising? Nah.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

But not carbon neutral.

Maybe someone could invent a solar powered one? Or make 'em out of melted-down confiscated guns?

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

Favored? Sure. Cruising? Nah.

Strong economy (assuming it lasts til 2020) +no new wars + incumbency advantage means any 'normal' president would be hugely favoured for reelection. We are extremely fortunate that the actual President is a barely sentient overtly racist orange clown with absolutely no sense of decorum.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the tax bill (and the attempted health care bill) were historically unpopular and that was normal republican stuff.

the midterms were more about how bad republicans are in general, but yeah trump didn't help at all.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

FuturePastNow posted:

crikey, let her serve a couple terms in the House first

I'm old enough to remember the set who defended Chelsea Manning's primary challenge, and dragged anyone who suggested that maybe she'd be a terrible god damned Senator as transphobic. (Shoutout to the guy who couldn't even remember who she was running against.)

The influence of people's Twitter game on the supposed deep thinkers in American D&D is hilarious.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Groovelord Neato posted:

if we had fair elections, the republicans would get crushed everywhere but the senate. i think when people say demographics are destiny they aren't factoring in gerrymandering, voter suppression, stealing absentee ballots, etc.

Living in Georgia makes this raw and painfully apparent.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Chinese Gordon posted:

Strong economy (assuming it lasts til 2020) +no new wars + incumbency advantage means any 'normal' president would be hugely favoured for reelection. We are extremely fortunate that the actual President is a barely sentient overtly racist orange clown with absolutely no sense of decorum.

Yeah, I think Cruz would have been a guaranteed win in 2020 if the economy holds strong and all else was the same.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'm old enough to remember the set who defended Chelsea Manning's primary challenge, and dragged anyone who suggested that maybe she'd be a terrible god damned Senator as transphobic. (Shoutout to the guy who couldn't even remember who she was running against.)

The influence of people's Twitter game on the supposed deep thinkers in American D&D is hilarious.

I voted for Chelsea in the primary :shrug:. I didn't think she'd win, exactly, but Cardin kinda sucks and I'd rather be represented by someone who doesn't want to make boycotting Israeli products a hate crime.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

eke out posted:

that is literally the reason, i'm sorry if you expected anything better

It really is bullshit that the prez doesnt have sensible requirements like some sort of path/pipeline of progression towards it. Like literally every other job has years worth of just a social game building towards them, never mid the actually skills and education you need to have get onjob , but for the prez?

Nope some piss drinking daughter fucker can get the job and he can have a heart attack and fall on the nuke button because YTs had their feefees hurt.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1070707041663107078

:golfclap:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Crow Jane posted:

I voted for Chelsea in the primary :shrug:. I didn't think she'd win, exactly, but Cardin kinda sucks and I'd rather be represented by someone who doesn't want to make boycotting Israeli products a hate crime.

I'd vote for you over Cardin! You would suck less than Chelsea Manning!

If you need a more glowing reference than that, shoot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1070703759871873025

Iron Twinkie posted:

Living in Georgia makes this raw and painfully apparent.

yup. and florida would still have a dem senator and would be getting a dem governor. wisconsin and michigan would have unified dem governments.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 6, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

ahaha goddamn I didn't see this when you originally posted it holy actual gently caress. :discourse:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1070452758954827782

lol nobody else is even gonna loving try and talk about global warming before 2020 are they?

He's running...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

It really is bullshit that the prez doesnt have sensible requirements like some sort of path/pipeline of progression towards it. Like literally every other job has years worth of just a social game building towards them, never mid the actually skills and education you need to have get onjob , but for the prez?

Nope some piss drinking daughter fucker can get the job and he can have a heart attack and fall on the nuke button because YTs had their feefees hurt.

I'm sure choosing presidential candidates because they are "most qualified" for the role would never backfire

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crow Jane posted:

Still blows my mind a little that he seems to think the president shouldn't face any criticism, considering the whole Birther nonsense.

"The President" and "President Trump" are completely different entities in his mind. If you tried to pin him down on it he'd come up with reasons why every one of his predecessors somehow forfeited or never gained the right to not be subject to Presidential Harassment (whatever the gently caress that is).

Narcissists are weird.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Crow Jane posted:

Can you please show me the legislation that makes boycotting Israeli products a hate crime?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'd vote for you over Cardin! You would suck less than Chelsea Manning!

If you need a more glowing reference than that, shoot

Nah, I'm the first to admit I suck pretty bad and would make an awful politician

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

the tax bill (and the attempted health care bill) were historically unpopular and that was normal republican stuff.

the midterms were more about how bad republicans are in general, but yeah trump didn't help at all.

Sure the tax bill was unpopular but I doubt many people voted because of it. Not while the economy is as strong as it is. Healthcare is a different matter and did definitely hurt them.

However, the seats the Dems gained in the midterms were almost all in suburban districts where non-chud republicans/independents - who would have zero problems with a regular republican ghoul - turned against the GOP on account of Trump.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

Amazingly enough, that's somehow not the absolute worst headline of the day:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1070125770138402817

:psyboom:

:cry: I only got one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

karthun posted:

Can you please show me the legislation that makes boycotting Israeli products a hate crime?

it may not literally codify it as a hate crime but it is blatantly unconstitutional.

Chinese Gordon posted:

Sure the tax bill was unpopular but I doubt many people voted because of it. Not while the economy is as strong as it is. Healthcare is a different matter and did definitely hurt them.

However, the seats the Dems gained in the midterms were almost all in suburban districts where non-chud republicans/independents - who would have zero problems with a regular republican ghoul - turned against the GOP on account of Trump.

you are right but they may lose even worse in 2020 when the suburbs (like mine in a blue state) that usually go republican when they realize how much the tax bill hosed our property tax deductions. i'd have to check even if any of those types of places are still held by republicans but i'm really looking forward to that.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 6, 2018