Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheScott2K posted:

DKCR Remastered, $60

I'd buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Macaluso posted:

I'd buy it

Konkey Dong Tropical Freeze hurt me enough, thanks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Konkey Dong Tropical Freeze hurt me enough, thanks

Tropical Freeze is perfect outside of its slightly too long boss fights

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I only meant if you want a game on the specific day, dont buy physical especially through someone who has to ship to you.

I dont really care how you do it otherwise, even if I have a strong preference

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does anyone know if you can use Paypal for paying for stuff through the eShop? Or is it strictly credit card based?

In fact you can!

Enjoy your new Switch!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Lobster posted:

In fact you can!

Enjoy your new Switch!

This is actually incredible, thanks for letting me know :toot:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Tropical Freeze is perfect outside of its slightly too long boss fights

Well its Donkey Kong Country style and not Donkey Kong 94 on the Gameboy style so i have doubts

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

TheScott2K posted:

DKCR Remastered, $60

I thought this said DKC Remastered and I immediately thought of rereleases of DKC 1-3 but with the original rendered assets running natively.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Gonna smash so hard.

I saw reviews for Smash in general news feeds. Which struck me as weird. Like either you bought smash or you aren't going to buy it right?

Was anybody waiting for reviews on that?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Gonna smash so hard.

I saw reviews for Smash in general news feeds. Which struck me as weird. Like either you bought smash or you aren't going to buy it right?

Was anybody waiting for reviews on that?

Me

Though really I'm waiting to try it for myself and see if the single player is any good

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

FPzero posted:

I thought this said DKC Remastered and I immediately thought of rereleases of DKC 1-3 but with the original rendered assets running natively.

This should have been the trade they made with MS to sign off on GoldenEye HD

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was gonna say people want to know if the single player is good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FPzero posted:

Yo if they made a DKC remastered with slightly redesigned levels to work better with DKCR's physics and had DKCR/TF's art style I would eat that poo poo UP. Throw in some new rocket barrel levels in there because I. LOVE. ROCKET BARREL. LEVELS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6InkemaQTU8

:toot:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsFz2wVSKFI

Here's how long every character waited to be in Smash, as well as a calculation of Waluigi's expected value of when he would be in it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Bombadilillo posted:

Gonna smash so hard.

Was anybody waiting for reviews on that?u

It's weird to you that one of the biggest releases of the year is getting reviewed?

idgi

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

KingSlime posted:

It's weird to you that one of the biggest releases of the year is getting reviewed?

idgi

He's saying no one is going to bother with giving them clicks because they already made up their minds whether to buy Smash or not.

And he's absolutely right.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Gex HD

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tim Rogers for Smash

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I could be convinced to buy an Enter the Gecko remake.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

He's saying no one is going to bother with giving them clicks because they already made up their minds whether to buy Smash or not.

No he's not, not even remotely lol. Not everyone is a video game forums enthusiast, and even people who plan on buying a product still like to read reviews. And from any media outlet's pov, you'd be stupid not to draft up a smash review given that it's going to generate tons of hype, which translates to tons of clicks.

What a weird conclusion to arrive to.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

KingSlime posted:

No he's not, not even remotely lol. Not everyone is a video game forums enthusiast, and even people who plan on buying a product still like to read reviews. And from any media outlet's pov, you'd be stupid not to draft up a smash review given that it's going to generate tons of hype, which translates to tons of clicks.

is being pedantic like a bit or something?

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsFz2wVSKFI

Here's how long every character waited to be in Smash, as well as a calculation of Waluigi's expected value of when he would be in it

I'm irrationally annoyed that he doesn't understand how to properly number items with ties. (IMO at least.)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

romanowski posted:

is being pedantic like a bit or something?

Bombadillo's post and mister f's follow-up seemed pretty sincere to me? Otherwise ya disregard everything I said if they're playin' around

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

KingSlime posted:

You vastly underestimate the partisan divide between smash lovers and haters. There is no middle ground, it is world encompassing, regardless of how informed one is, and neither side will be convinced otherwise.

No review will change that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

You vastly underestimate the partisan divide between smash lovers and haters. There is no middle ground, it is world encompassing, regardless of how informed one is, and neither side will be convinced otherwise.

Smash is ok

Oh god I'm the centrist

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Andrast posted:

Smash is ok

Oh god I'm the centrist

I mean, you're not the only one? haha

I only bought it cause I can play Pikachu beating up the entire Nintendo universe. It's basically why I bought MVC3 and Injustice 1. Cause I can play fun people and beat up other people when I'm tired of other games.

It's not the best game ever, but it's fun.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

No matter where you stand it just seemly like you know if you are buying smash or not.

Singleplayer curiosity super valid, I didnt think of that.
Also probably a lot of people with a switch who's last game was Wii sports.

It wasnt commentary on the validity of writing a review. Of course everyone will review it. It was just an odd observation that I didnt even think to seek out a review. Even being hype for the game, to the point where I watched sweaty nerds try to explain airdodge nerfs yesterday!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I like to play with my friends, we all have a good time. Only one guy is decent, he always wins, but we have some good fun.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

That's incorrect, reviews exist for posters in neogaf resetera to compare to aggregates of other games on different consoles so they can continue the console wars

Not a 95 mc? Wow, what a disappointment

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Fair enough. I like reading reviews for entertainment even if I'm not planning on buying x, but in the case of smash I'm deliberately avoiding reviews just to keep a tiny bit of surprise in there.

Though I'm not too sure how I feel about the world of light stuff yet, hopefully it's more than just a long list of events with a map interface instead of a menu

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I've never played a Smash and have no opinion on it other than kinda wishing we were getting a new Mario Golf instead.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

TheScott2K posted:

I've never played a Smash and have no opinion on it other than kinda wishing we were getting a new Mario Golf instead.

whaaa

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That's incorrect, reviews exist for posters in neogaf resetera to compare to aggregates of other games on different consoles so they can continue the console wars

Not a 95 mc? Wow, what a disappointment

You're only proving my point; that they're not using the review to convince themselves to buy the game (or not).

The decision was made in advance.

Now, they're is only war.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

This is my first Nintendo console since the SNES.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

You're only proving my point; that they're not using the review to convince themselves to buy the game (or not).

But they're still gonna get clicks. Lots and lots of clicks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

KingSlime posted:

But they're still gonna get clicks. Lots and lots of clicks.

They don't get clicks if you only go to Metacritic.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario Golf World Tour was great and I'd like to see a sequel on Switch

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Cool. Smash is fun as hell fyi. And as no-shower competitive or as frantic and wacky as you want it to be.

Have you tried Golf Story?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

They don't get clicks if you only go to Metacritic.

You might not give them a click because you go to metacritic but that won't influence the tens or hundreds of thousands of other users who will in fact give them the click!

You're looking at this from a goon's perspective, amigo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheScott2K posted:

But Mario Golf didn't come out until the N64 and Game Boy Color.

Also peach and Daisy can swing a golf club in this