Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ezreal is really good btw with Grasp. I've had very solid results with the 5-6 games I've played with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Ezreal is really good btw with Grasp. I've had very solid results with the 5-6 games I've played with it.

This sounds like frozen fist ez: cowardly boring garbo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That’s cool and all but even in low diamond there’s no room for ‘cool playstyles’. Play what’s strong or lose more games than you need to. I was playing a bunch of Karthus last patch.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my shop usually sucks but this one is super good!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

rabidsquid posted:

my shop usually sucks but this one is super good!

Other than Heimer and Karthus, I have no idea who those are.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Isn't Klepto still superior? I've seen tons of Ez players racking up 1300g+ on it every game and it seems like a BF sword worth of gold from a Mastery would be strong.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pog boyfriend posted:

rammus is in the same genre of champion as old janna, characters that at no point were ever anything but good but are considered boring so people never actually think about them

Out of curiosity, what was old Janna? Think she's been the same since I played.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

101 posted:

Out of curiosity, what was old Janna? Think she's been the same since I played.

she got hit with a nerf which for a brief period made her considered an average(sometimes even below average!) pick instead of good, but i think she bounced back now to slightly above average.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It was a mini-rework. She got added range, damage, and more power in laning phase but E cooldown got doubled early on and the shield doesn’t last as long.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The hardest part of Neeko support for me is the cast range on her Q; aiming the middle of it on enemies makes me waddle way too close and get blown up.

She definitely works mid...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Currently I think shes a better solo laner. Her base damage is Meh and her ratios are godlike. Plus from mid she can roam easier.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

she definitely seems intended as a midlaner but that hasn't stopped people from playing lux or xerath or zoe in support so do whatever you want

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TastyLemonDrops posted:

irelia, swain, kaisa and brand

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TastyLemonDrops posted:

In order: Nightblade Irelia, Dragon Master Swain (which is dope ftr), Bullet Angel Kai'sa, Battle Boss (aka Arcade) Brand

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
yeah those irelia and swain skins are good

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

hrrrmmm.... ehhh?
(i have Kain Xin and Lu Bu J4)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

anyone here trying neeko top? how is it?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
having her waveclear i can imagine it is decent at worst??

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
master yi with deaths dance sure is something.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Slaapaav posted:

master yi with deaths dance sure is something.

when are you buying it? and are you running ravenous still?

also i got a penta on yi this week and it felt good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I've run into Yi on my Rammus run, they seem very confused when they Q and I don't die and then they can't run away and then they die.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its like after jungle item and rageblade. i only played against it and it was just insane how hard he was to kill

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
execs calling is a strong item

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

eighty-four merc posted:

execs calling is a strong item

Ya 800g to essentially neuter healing is p good.

Just thinking bout that, i feel like grevious wounds is a bit of a bandaid (no pun intended) as a counter to healing. Buy this item, attack someone. Or the briar vest thingy - buy it, get attacked to trigger it. There must be a more elegant solution

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Dota style: make it an active. Blademail there had 200% return damage last I was aware (but only for a short period). Suddenly there's counter-play.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

el dingo posted:

Just thinking bout that, i feel like grevious wounds is a bit of a bandaid (no pun intended) as a counter to healing. Buy this item, attack someone. Or the briar vest thingy - buy it, get attacked to trigger it. There must be a more elegant solution

That's why you use summoner skills. F is for Fire.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

“f is for flash!” sophisticated adult, trendy but not going out of their way to do it... exudes a natural sprezzatura and confidence that makes them respected in their community. realizes they take flash on almost all characters and makes a logical choice.

“f is for fire” easily a serial killer mindset, a phrase that will be used in some form of criminal trial later on as it can only come from a disturbed mind or perhaps a shaco main

“d is for dash!” this kid got a dreamcast when everyone else had gamecube, xbox, and playstation 2 and has internalized the mentality of trying to get people to believe alternative bullshit like hey guys who wants to come over and play seamen. Nobody

Malah
May 18, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

a disturbed mind or perhaps a shaco main
But you repeat yourself.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

el dingo posted:

Yeah see this has long been my opinion of Grievous Wounds, it's actually not a great method for countering healing because either you need it because the healing is too strong, or you don't and get it which leaves any incendental healing or healing based survivability on the other persons kit to become useless.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah see this has long been my opinion of Grievous Wounds, it's actually not a great method for countering healing because either you need it because the healing is too strong, or you don't and get it which leaves any incendental healing or healing based survivability on the other persons kit to become useless.

the counter to passive healing should be passive anti healing, unless you want riot to tip in favour of sustain. since riot is opposed to extreme sustain, grievous wounds is an elegant solution given the design space

E: and no, grievous wounds being 800 gold compared to like a 3000 gold item is not a problem either. someone buying a bloodthirster is effective against everyone except the grievous wounder, the grievous wounds guy is only effective against the bloodthirsty. it seems like a bandaid solution but as long as healing is passive it really is the best solution

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 7, 2018

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Except the answer to powerful sustain should really just be Riot nerfing that sustain, as it is Grievous Wounds is awkward and makes certain characters feel awful to play because of how hard it nullifies basic parts of their kit design.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Except the answer to powerful sustain should really just be Riot nerfing that sustain, as it is Grievous Wounds is awkward and makes certain characters feel awful to play because of how hard it nullifies basic parts of their kit design.

this is a hard point to address but ultimately comes down to the fact that items are cool and people want to build them. the idea of riot nerfing all sustain is impossible, auto attackers will always build sustain(and so will guys like mundo and vlad to reinforce their existing sustain), and there needs to be an item to deal with it. grievous wounds on items is the solution - forcing players to use a flex slot to counter a powerful mechanic is a reasonable trade off and is not bad design.

if riot wanted to make sustain items poo poo and sustain only an option on a select few champions, they would have done so years ago. there is clearly a basis to wanting people to build strong sustain items, and as long as that is a major part of itemization, morellos/exec calling will always be the most elegant solution. an item for an item.

note that sustain still works outside of pvp, whereas caster minions do not have lifesteal. if you survive a fight, you can sustain back up. this is why grievous wounds on exec calling is an elegant solution, it evens the odds in a fight, but the sustain user is still more powerful in every other situation. morellos is a problem due to being just generally good but that comes more down to ap itemization than any sort of grievous wounds issue

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

At least Morello's is no longer 90% of AP users' one stop shop for AP and mana regen and CDR and I guess Greivous Wounds if you're into that. I feel like the problem with it now is at least easier to fine tune - Oblivion Orb gives you enough flat pen to nullify the basic MR of anyone who isnt already buying into it. You could probably trim some of the MPen off Oblivion Orb/Morellos and it might work out better. Of course that being said Oblivion Orb is basically the only flat MPen item, but that ties into what Pog said in the first place re: AP itemization being a wasteland.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I want Grievous wounds not to work on Mundo. That is my simple request. just make him immune to it as a passive or something.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Zodiac5000 posted:

I want Grievous wounds not to work on Mundo. That is my simple request. just make him immune to it as a passive or something.

grievous wounds countering mundo is bad design because a passive item answers an active question. this is a reasonable proposal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The problem then becomes the fact that Spirit Visage Mundo becomes unstoppable and unkillable in any instances where his ult is up, and he's already reasonably hard to punch through right now.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Monathin posted:

The problem then becomes the fact that Spirit Visage Mundo becomes unstoppable and unkillable in any instances where his ult is up, and he's already reasonably hard to punch through right now.

They are allowed to nerf his ult if they removed Grevious Wounds. In matter of fact, part of the reason he was so op for a while is that they buffed his ult to the point that with grevious wounds applied it gave him just as much healing as it had without grevious wounds before the buff.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

right, i am not saying i agree, just that is reasonable. for interactions, picture a friendly conversation between champions.

active vs active
mundo: vayne, say i were to throw my cleaver at you. what would you do?
vayne: hm, i guess i would use my tumble to avoid it.
mundo: aha! but your tumble uses mana, but my cleavers do not ....

and so the conversation continues.

passive vs active
master yi: caitlyn, you fool, i can outrun you with my six zeal build. how do you respond?
caitlyn: with my ghost blade active, of course.
master yi: but suppose i used a plant to jump the wall...

and so the conversation continues.

passive vs passive
vayne: aha, quinn, with my superior lifesteal as we were battling i was gaining life the whole time.
quinn: oh vayne, you simple bitch, my executioners calling put a stop to that.

since no question was forceful and it was just an aside, the conversation continued. but

active vs passive
mundo: i activate my ult to heal during the exchange.
vayne: actually, due to my executioners calling this is irrelevant.

notice how here that the question did not even need to be asked. this active question was rendered irrelevant because vayne, without doing anything, prevented the active question from coming into play. this lowers the quality of champion interactions dramatically.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

as a Mundo main, there's nothing more depressing than when someone on the other team figures put they can buy executioners calling. At my trash elo, like 80% of my opponents don't even know it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

eighty-four merc posted:

when are you buying it? and are you running ravenous still?

also i got a penta on yi this week and it felt good

IWillDominate put out a good jungle yi video yesterday. He went Redsmite attspd item, rageblade into DD. Was a good watch.