Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

Smash is competitive only though, theres no day driving equivalent. Even if you and your friends dont know how to leave first gear youre still racing.

This is a rather insane definition. Smash is not inherently competitive.

Hell nothing is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

literally shaking irl that you're being this pedantic about the analogy
:iiaca:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Smash is competitive only though, theres no day driving equivalent. Even if you and your friends dont know how to leave first gear youre still racing.

I guess maybe you are missing the point on purpose?

90% of the techniques and terminology that PRO ELITE players use are unintelligible gibberish to 90% of players of the game. That's the entire point.

If you watch pro players play and casuals play, it doesn't even look like they are playing the same game.

This isn't a knock on anyone on either side, just a dead obvious observation.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Looks like I'm eating crow. Diablo 3 39.99 in the eShop plus some other good stuff:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1070763432796860416?s=19

Immediately jumped on Odyssey and already Mario has had an acid trip and turned into a frog, a loving t-rex, and a chomp. Game owns.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I will never be able to forget that original Smash commercial with The Turtles.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Beastie posted:

I will never be able to forget that original Smash commercial with The Turtles.

https://youtu.be/K783SDTBKmg

(Save googleing)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

maybe there have been more smash bros commercials but in my mind this is the only one

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

I'm too stupid to change the control scheme in smash ultimate, ama

seriously: is this a bug? I change the control scheme, but it never applies to the game, only to the test mode when you define the controls. what am I missing???

Last game control changes were tied to your name profile in the game, are you using your name for each thing you're doing?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

that owns

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tim Rogers, National Treasure, has posted this video full of math, including some dope Waluigi math https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsFz2wVSKFI

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Tim Rogers, National Treasure, has posted this video full of math, including some dope Waluigi math https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsFz2wVSKFI

Pro

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

sweet partner got me smash for xmas so i guess xmas day will be devoted to SMASHING

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

is it worth buying the $30 official Nintendo LAN adapter, compared to the $12 ones?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ChocNitty posted:

is it worth buying the $30 official Nintendo LAN adapter, compared to the $12 ones?

No.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

also partner has been playing Let's Go Eevee and the music is some absolutely great nonsense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2v379pbibA

just the jauntiest most fun thing ever

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Great things i have done- bought Diablo 3 three times,

Lame things i have done - never played a monk past like level 6

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Motto posted:

Did the n64 even have any good 3D fighting games

wwf no mercy

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CrRoMa posted:

Great things i have done- bought Diablo 3 three times,

Lame things i have done - never played a monk past like level 6

nah monks are boring you're fine

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

nah monks are boring you're fine

Someone needs to be taught the way of the bell

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Serenade posted:

If I buy smash in physical and play it on my switch, can I later just give that physical copy to someone else?

I'm not into smash myself but I'm the Switch Owner. The resident smash fan is planning on getting a switch of his own eventually. Having him buy the game to play on my switch feels weird and so does not getting it even though he wants it. If I can just get it "for the house" then give it to him if he gets one, that'd be ideal.

Just don't register it to your console to get the "free" Piranha Plant character; that you wouldn't be able to transfer over.

Unless he's not going to have a Switch by the end of January, or whenever that offer expires. In which case, register away.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And I'm obviously going to be briefly opening it sooner so I can charge it and the joy-cons up.
You probably want to apply any system updates and also install any games you plan to purchase digitally. Nintendo's servers are slow on a regular day, who knows what will happen with Nintendo's servers on Christmas.

If you've purchased any physical games you might want to put the game card in and download any updates for those too. You'll have to open the shrink wrap for that but your kid probably won't care about that at.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does anyone know if you can use Paypal for paying for stuff through the eShop? Or is it strictly credit card based?
You can purchase eShop gift cards on eBay and other places that take Paypal. eBay regularly runs a $50 GC for $45 deal too.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 7, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Thank you.

Is this what 2001 looked like?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Beastie posted:

Thank you.

Is this what 2001 looked like?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So does Smash unlock in 6 hours?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So does Smash unlock in 6 hours?

yes, assuming you have an american eshop account

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don't see the appeal to playing Smash. It just seems needlessly boring and tedious unless you're playing with at least 3 friends of somewhat similar skill level. I liked it when I was 12, but it's never been good on its own.

Friendship ended with Smash, now Diablo is best Nintendo friend.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

jokes posted:

I don't see the appeal to playing Smash. It just seems needlessly boring and tedious unless you're playing with at least 3 friends of somewhat similar skill level. I liked it when I was 12, but it's never been good on its own.

This was my opinion for the last release but this time online hopefully is great and I plan on cranking the difficulty so it's not as boring.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jokes posted:

Friendship ended with humans, sounds more like

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

jokes posted:

I don't see the appeal to playing Diablo. It just seems needlessly boring and tedious unless you're playing with at least 3 friends of somewhat similar skill level. I liked it when I was 12, but it's never been good on its own.

Friendship ended with Diablo, now Smash is best Nintendo friend.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Though 2001 was technically a Clinton year if only for a few weeks.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

jokes posted:

You can make Isabelle punch Ganon

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nep-Nep posted:

Who??

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

gently caress yes playing smash!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Actually good point we have like 80 links why no Ganon proper :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nep-Nep posted:

You can make Gannondorf punch Gannondorf

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it just occurred to me that the best part of metroid prime 4 is gonna see how they come up with yet another justification for fighting a ridley

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna watch the video game awards

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Gonkish posted:

Immediately jumped on Odyssey and already Mario has had an acid trip and turned into a frog, a loving t-rex, and a chomp. Game owns.
I waited years for someone to make a sequel to one of my favorite Nintendo 64 games, Space Station Silicon Valley.
Ten minutes into playing Mario Odyssey, I realized someone finally had.

Now if we could just get a new Rocket: Robot On Wheels...

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 7, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Brother Entropy posted:

it just occurred to me that the best part of metroid prime 4 is gonna see how they come up with yet another justification for fighting a ridley

"The Science Team cloned him. Again". :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

eonwe posted:

im gonna watch the video game awards

hey me too!