Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Brawl is my favorite smash game

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I liked Brawl but I liked Sm4sh better

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

In Training posted:

I thought tripping was funny

tripping is sakurai's middle finger to the competitive scene that emerged after the release of melee

so in that sense it rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Skylark posted:

Brawl is offensive....

its gross

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So is nobody making a smash thread. NCS? Bob? Skylark? Hell, American McGay?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
not me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I wasn't around during the YCS -> DDRD transition but I've heard enough lore to know that Smash posters are treated like second rate citizens around these parts. No thanks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Someone please make a Smash thread so I can post about my 3ds backlog in peace

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I thought half the regulars here already admitted they were introduced to this forum through smash. If anything you would be a fool not to make the smash thread.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dunno what there is to say about smash 5 that can't be said in this or other threads (fighting games, goomba stomp, Friday, thank you Sega)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats probably going to happen is maybe 2 people will say stuff like Super rear end Brothers and make fun of you and then everyone will quietly get down to business playing and posting about the game for 26 hours a day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol...Super rear end Brothers...that's a good one

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I need smash thread but im on my phone until tn. Some1 make it pls!!

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Ok i will do it. On my mobile browser.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Skylark posted:

Ok i will do it. On my mobile browser.
Bless.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Packing up my games to move makes me realize how bad my 3ds backlog is. I barely started half the games I own.

I thought fantasy life looked cool but I only got a few hours in. Should I try it again sometime or does it suck?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It definitely doesn't suck but it's also not super deep-- I was disappointed when I realized how similar the different job paths are to each other. I thought it was a totally acceptable chill-out game but I wasn't all over it like some people were. It felt like a less interesting Rune Factory game with really nice production values

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

eh that sounds pretty decent, maybe I’ll pick it up again when I go away.

Rune factory 3 was so good. The wii one was cool until you had to do this stupid spirit balancing poo poo with a vacuum or nothing would grow anymore. I think that company is dead now which kinda sucks

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it was the missile pack in the morph ball tunnel you have to bomb the entrance to in the room where you get the morph ball. just in case anyone else gets all the missile packs except one and cant figure out which one it is, in the future.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

it was the missile pack in the morph ball tunnel you have to bomb the entrance to in the room where you get the morph ball. just in case anyone else gets all the missile packs except one and cant figure out which one it is, in the future.

i dont think ive ever got more than a low 70s completion on any metroid game but thank you

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ive 100%ed super metroid but i knew where all the super hidden missile packs are from watching speedruns

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

So is nobody making a smash thread. NCS? Bob? Skylark? Hell, American McGay?

I got so mad that the Grinch leak was incorrect that I reappropriared the money I was going to use to buy a Switch and Smash and two gamecube controllers and bought a new gaming PC instead, which I regret now that I’ve been watching footage of pros playing the leaked copy several hours a day generally, and have come to the conclusion that while it’s not Melee fast, it’s still prettt fast and mechanically toight overall, and I can’t play it on launch while others on the forum with less personal and emotional investment in the Smash hoipe cycle get to instead, which come to think of it has happened more or less for every smash game I’ve played since Brawl. So I shouldn’t make the thread

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Are we getting anything cool announced at the game awards tonight. I'm hoping the Metroid rumors are true. But seems like anything other than smash dlc would be bad timing for Nintendo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I got so mad that the Grinch leak was incorrect that I reappropriared the money I was going to use to buy a Switch and Smash and two gamecube controllers and bought a new gaming PC instead, which I regret now that I’ve been watching footage of pros playing the leaked copy several hours a day generally, and have come to the conclusion that while it’s not Melee fast, it’s still prettt fast and mechanically toight overall, and I can’t play it on launch while others on the forum with less personal and emotional investment in the Smash hoipe cycle get to instead, which come to think of it has happened more or less for every smash game I’ve played since Brawl. So I shouldn’t make the thread

This is heartbreaking

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

PC gaming FTW tho

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

i think everyone in imp should all chip in for a christmas miracle for this true dedicated smash head

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its going to be exactly like the end of its a wonderful life at the imp gaming loft this christmas

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if i ever find out that's a fakepost i'm going to stomp a mudhole in your rear end so deep they'll think it's michael jacksons rear end.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Are we getting anything cool announced at the game awards tonight. I'm hoping the Metroid rumors are true. But seems like anything other than smash dlc would be bad timing for Nintendo

nintendo's showing something and i don't think its just smash dlc. probably metroid or the rumored retro studios star fox game. i don't think they'd bring fire emblem or animal crossing to the game awards that's an audience mismatch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Considering melee is the slowest game on the planet I'd be shocked if anything was less than melee fast.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

melee is a good demonstration of the difference between speed and pace

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Smash Bros is the most fun when you make custom themed item sets and play on the cool stages.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if i ever find out that's a fakepost i'm going to stomp a mudhole in your rear end so deep they'll think it's michael jacksons rear end.

It’s all true.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stan Taylor posted:

Smash Bros is the most fun when you make custom themed item sets and play on the cool stages.

Why don’t you leave before I kick your rear end.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

net cafe scandal posted:

Why don’t you leave before I kick your rear end.

I'm going to knock you off of a cliff using one of those air bellows.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Tales of Woe posted:

melee is a good demonstration of the difference between speed and pace

ya

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

net cafe scandal posted:

I got ridiculously lucky on cyber Monday on one of those Facebook Daily Steals things where you have to click BUY and checkout within 0.3 seconds before all of Slickdeals gets it and I managed to get a brand new switch for $180. You can have it for what I paid for it instead of me just flipping it on ebay like I was gonna do

Lmk if you want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I got ridiculously lucky on cyber Monday on one of those Facebook Daily Steals things where you have to click BUY and checkout within 0.3 seconds before all of Slickdeals gets it and I managed to get a brand new switch for $180. You can have it for what I paid for it instead of me just flipping it on ebay like I was gonna do

Lmk if you want it

Can I hit you up in January.