Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

My balls are hot for video games right now gnight everyone

gently caress video games, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Also he directed the best game in the God of War series: God of War 2.

True. I can’t wait for it to come out! :bigtran:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm not really sure why they are still holding off on revealing Borderlands 3

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Who wants to vape

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Obsidian mixed it with New Vegas and made this fuckin cool-lookin new thing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1060192734630371329?s=21

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

beep by grandpa posted:

Who wants to vape

I should buy a vape and stop smoking tbh

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Alright that made me laugh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'd say it's a fair sentiment.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
BTW, Borderlands 2 VR is coming out next week

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm on board with Obsidian's new game cause I'm sure it'll be fun and I loved FO: NV but jfc the humor in that trailer is painful and it looks so much like Borderlands it's pretty off putting.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rinkles posted:

BTW, Borderlands 2 VR is coming out next week

I hope it’s good! I’m a bit burned out on BL2 at this point but if the port is well done it should be awesome in VR. What’s the price tag?

Nah RDR2 owns

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Yeah.

People don't like rockstar more than they don't like RDR2. That's what I gathered from the game awards thread anyway and I get it.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
RDR2 is boring trash.

People are streaming Hades and the combat looks pretty good in motion.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I thought RDR2 was really fun personally

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

I thought RDR2 was really fun personally

RDR2 would still be one of my favorite games ever even without the story included and it’s one of the best stories I’ve experienced in a game. The gameplay is so much fun. gently caress it, even as a horse riding simulator it’s great.

You may say that’s RDRO but nope not touching that poo poo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd play RDRO if it wasn't a long curve to buy things but when I hear eight hours for a gold bar my brain just switches off its info receptors

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

I'd play RDRO if it wasn't a long curve to buy things but when I hear eight hours for a gold bar my brain just switches off its info receptors

I’m down for the grind and whatever I guess I just don’t want to see humans in my cowboy game other than my lovely friends and nasty bastards (gently caress Micah) around my camp.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Yeah.

People don't like rockstar more than they don't like RDR2. That's what I gathered from the game awards thread anyway and I get it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm so sick of hot takes on games by people who haven't even played them.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 7, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I was agreeing that it is a fair sentiment to say gently caress R*

I have no opinion of RDR2 whatsoever.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just realized that The Outer Worlds is supposed to be released next year. That’s insane. I wonder how they kept it under wraps so well.

veni veni veni posted:

:emptyquote:

Being critical of company practices is fine but

:emptyquote:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh I played a bit of the RDRO beta and it was fun, but it seems impossible for someone like me to get items (even horse reviver is expensive given the money drops) so I'll just give it a miss

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

Oh I played a bit of the RDRO beta and it was fun, but it seems impossible for someone like me to get items (even horse reviver is expensive given the money drops) so I'll just give it a miss

I’ll probably at least try it eventually just for the create a cowboy + more dress up opportunities.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kilometers Davis posted:

I hope it’s good! I’m a bit burned out on BL2 at this point but if the port is well done it should be awesome in VR. What’s the price tag?

$50

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kilometers Davis posted:

$50

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ll probably at least try it eventually just for the create a cowboy + more dress up opportunities.

It's fun to team up with someone else but the missions seem kind of limited in scope and give meagre rewards. There are other things you'd expect like fast travel or whatever that aren't immediately available which is kind of annoying because it's super expensive to unlock things.

If beta means anything more than "RDRO without the paid content" I'll try it but I'm not holding out lots of hope.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish I could say I was optimistic about BL2 VR, but the removal of multiplayer and the baffling lack of AIM support makes me wary of it being a sloppy cash grab. I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm definitely waiting until I hear it's actually a good use of VR.

JBP posted:

It's fun to team up with someone else but the missions seem kind of limited in scope and give meagre rewards. There are other things you'd expect like fast travel or whatever that aren't immediately available which is kind of annoying because it's super expensive to unlock things.

If beta means anything more than "RDRO without the paid content" I'll try it but I'm not holding out lots of hope.

I'm gonna take a hard pass on it too. I might dick around in it a bit more but from what I've played meh, there's other poo poo I'd much rather play online.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 7, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

the ball is rdro, bl2vr, darksiders 3 etc and the hoop is my “maybe try out eventually or buy for $15” list

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I will never try Darksiders 3. I played 2 for free for about twenty hours before going "why the gently caress am I persisting with this game?"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm still agonising over whether to pay full price for a jrpg. I've got the itch but I'm so out of the loop. Maybe ni no kuni 2 because I like the graphics and the combat looks fun in gameplay vids.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

I'm still agonising over whether to pay full price for a jrpg. I've got the itch but I'm so out of the loop. Maybe ni no kuni 2 because I like the graphics and the combat looks fun in gameplay vids.

Why not DQXI? On sale and it sounds like the perfect modern JRPG. It’s going to be my next one for sure.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

Why not DQXI? On sale and it sounds like the perfect modern JRPG. It’s going to be my next one for sure.

I dislike the art and sound from what I've seen of it. It's a bit too cute or something. Ni no kuni 2 is cute but the art's more appealing to me and I'm gonna need my eyes engaged if I'm going to engage in a long game.

DQ11 not on sale in Australia either. I think Sony leave all the jrpgs at full price here to make cash off anime whales

E: watching Tim Rogers review DQ11 he might sell me. Ok he's going ham twenty seconds in. Ok now I'm digging the colours.

JBP fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 7, 2018

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Ninokuni 2 pulls a baitandswitch and it's way more of a generic jRPG than you'd imagine. DQ11 at least wears what is it on its sleeve.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ok I've got some bad things happening irl and this sounds perfect. FFXV was my buddy last time. This sounds good. I'm gonna shell out for DQXI

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

JBP posted:

Ok I've got some bad things happening irl and this sounds perfect. FFXV was my buddy last time. This sounds good. I'm gonna shell out for DQXI

DQ when you need it is like a soothing salve for the nerdy soul in all of us.

Bleep! Bloop! Numbers go up! Slimes! Adorable music!

I haven't had that itch since DQ8 but it's always the same. If you need DQ, nothing else works.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I liked Ni No Kuni 2 enough to plat which is severely out of character for me, but it wasn't stellar. Lots of busy work, really clunky mission system, writing really missed the punch of the first game. DQ11 is probably the better choice, and I can't wait to start it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

JBP posted:

I'm waiting to even try it until it's no longer touted as being a beta product. Rockstar has stated that they're relying on player feedback to tweak things, so I trust the economy will certainly be one of those things. I think they said a patch was in the pipeline this/next week, unless I'm confusing that with another game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

I think you’re making the right choice. Everything about DQXI that I’ve heard sounds like comfort food the videogame. Seems like a perfect game to sink into over the winter. RPGs can be wonderful company when you need a break or escape from everything else. Hope whatever you’ve got going on works out btw :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

enojy posted:

I'm waiting to even try it until it's no longer touted as being a beta product. Rockstar has stated that they're relying on player feedback to tweak things, so I trust the economy will certainly be one of those things. I think they said a patch was in the pipeline this/next week, unless I'm confusing that with another game.

Having played it a few times, if you go in expecting “RDR1’s goofy rear end online except I need cash for upgrades” it’s fantastic. A big benefit too is the absurdly huge map means you can get away and stay away from other players if you need to, or quickly ditch the session and warp.

The cash grind is a slog but it’s easy enough to not care about. Unless MMOs are your crack and you absolutely MUST get into all of the content right now, it’s a great way to kill an hour or so even with the beta jank.