Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Take2, you know what you must do. Big Sisters too, because they hop around like ricocheted bullets.

Got the shipping notification from Amazon finally. So between like 9am and 11pm Smash will be dropped off and stolen from my porch. Kidding about the theft, but usually large windows like that mean the package arrives the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I found where I can set my controls under a name. But the moment I go into the WoL mode it’s just default controls. What gives?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I’m playing the smash.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There's a remix of the sick music from the last breath of the wild trailer that never played ingame

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Retro pitched a system where you could track fugitives on different planets to earn money for ammo and upgrades and Nintendo said that hunting people for money would go completely against Samus' character and Retro had to explain to them what a bounty hunter is

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

Retro pitched a system where you could track fugitives on different planets to earn money for ammo and upgrades and Nintendo said that hunting people for money would go completely against Samus' character and Retro had to explain to them what a bounty hunter is

nintendo was right to do so

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Beastie posted:

I’m playing the smash.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The punchout minor circuit track is a different remix that doesn't have the sick trumpet anymore, rip

Edit: proof of a hero from monster hunter is in, goty

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 7, 2018

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

VGA nominee games are on sale.
https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/tga-sale-2018-canada

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

RandomFerret posted:

As funny as this story is, I think that would be dumb. I mean the point of Metroid games is that you are isolated and can't immediately leave.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Any idea of what time katamari will drop on the UK eshop, kind of worrying there is no placeholder and every time I search katamari it comes back with nothing! I want to both smash and roll tonight

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RandomFerret posted:

Hey we just KNOW Samus is a bounty Hunter. It doesn't mean we HAVE to take part in earning that blood money.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i don't really like the sound of that, but on the other hand is there any reason not to trust retro. like they are just always really good

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Samus is a "bounty hunter" because "contract pest exterminator" doesn't sound as cool

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope the next character is that bear that knows karate in Tekken

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I hope the next character is that bear that knows karate in Tekken

which one

edit: both duh, thats what echoes are for :doh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RandomFerret posted:

Retro should pitch another Donkey Kong game directly into my open mouth

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm stuck in Monster Boy. I'm at a pirate cove sort of area and I'm missing a third ingredient for some stew I'm supposed to make, but I have no idea what to do. I can dash across a poison pit that says I need to be a "true pirate" to collect spirits to refill my stamina but I have no idea what I need to do.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Heath posted:

I'm stuck in Monster Boy. I'm at a pirate cove sort of area and I'm missing a third ingredient for some stew I'm supposed to make, but I have no idea what to do. I can dash across a poison pit that says I need to be a "true pirate" to collect spirits to refill my stamina but I have no idea what I need to do.

All the way up and to the right. You'll see a series of hooks for the frog to tongue off of around the middle/right of the map, it'll seem to come to a dead end at one point but you actually need to head back to the right along some hooks just barely peeking off the top of the screen. Easy to miss, took me a few times to notice it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

LethalGeek posted:

Metroid doesn't sell in Japan and the last one they made we hated. It's always sold "ok". It is the red headed step child.

Metroid: Samus Returns is good :colbert:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

All the way up and to the right. You'll see a series of hooks for the frog to tongue off of around the middle/right of the map, it'll seem to come to a dead end at one point but you actually need to head back to the right along some hooks just barely peeking off the top of the screen. Easy to miss, took me a few times to notice it.

Goddamn thank you. It was extremely poor to have that ring drop near the top of the screen and right behind your coin UI.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
A Persona 5 port on the Switch probably isn't out of the question at this point. Especially consodering it has a PS3 version specs-wise.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A Persona 5 port on the Switch probably isn't out of the question at this point. Especially consodering it has a PS3 version specs-wise.

I remember a tweet from someone at SEGA that basically (well, quite literally) said: "Persona 5: PS3/PS4. Yakuza 0: PS4. This will never change."

It could totally run on Switch, though. Even the PS4 version looked pretty bland.

FWIW it was pretty average (outside of the music and UI) so you aren't missing a great gem or anything. That's Yakuza 0.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Really want to get Diablo 3, but I'd only be playing solo, and uhhh...

Also, Dead Cells still isn't discounted enough to be worth it in this country.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

Really want to get Diablo 3, but I'd only be playing solo, and uhhh...

I've only been playing solo and it owns. AFAIK the only real downside to playing solo is that it takes a bit longer?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Smash is making me want to buy pokemon sun just to play this insane soundtrack what is going on :supaburn: The music in this game is nuts.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I've only been playing solo and it owns. AFAIK the only real downside to playing solo is that it takes a bit longer?

This is going to sound funny, but I have the non DLC version on PS4, and as I was playing it, all I kept thinking was that the story wasn't as good as the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games. :shrug:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

*pounding on table*

WHERE’S MY KATAMARI (please)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I played about 6 hours of smash last night at a friends we unlocked every character in a mix of 2-4 player versus matches

I love the smash

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

enojy posted:

I remember a tweet from someone at SEGA that basically (well, quite literally) said: "Persona 5: PS3/PS4. Yakuza 0: PS4. This will never change."

It could totally run on Switch, though. Even the PS4 version looked pretty bland.

FWIW it was pretty average (outside of the music and UI) so you aren't missing a great gem or anything. That's Yakuza 0.

And that above quote was already broken since Yakuza 0 on Steam.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

This is going to sound funny, but I have the non DLC version on PS4, and as I was playing it, all I kept thinking was that the story wasn't as good as the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games. :shrug:

The base game story is pretty bad, as is a lot of the base game in general. I'm too busy playing smash to write up all the crazy poo poo they did to the game but I'm sure someone will! :pram:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Your Computer posted:

The base game story is pretty bad, as is a lot of the base game in general. I'm too busy playing smash to write up all the crazy poo poo they did to the game but I'm sure someone will! :pram:

I've heard most of it from the business and loot end, but I'd love to know why the actual story is trash.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Kart Barfunkel posted:

*pounding on table*

I MUST SAVE EVERYONE AS THE PRINCE, WHERE IS HE?!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So what's persona? And why is it good?

Also world of light is terrific. And I'm addicted to the spirit board. I feel like I can clear it at some point but it's false hope.

Oh and classic mode is great too. I love how it's customized to each character.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Last game control changes were tied to your name profile in the game, are you using your name for each thing you're doing?

Am I right in this beeing case sensitive? Then yeah, I guess I made an error there. Thank you, kind sir :)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kart Barfunkel posted:

*pounding on table*

It's on the European eShop at least. And for 20 euros, I think I'll pick it up.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It's on the European eShop at least. And for 20 euros, I think I'll pick it up.

What time of day did the shop update? I was skimming Reddit and saw a poster say that first-party games unlocked at midnight and the rest were usually the afternoon.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Shin Megami Tensei side-series about mostly high school kids solving murder mysteries (at least in the few I played), fighting with and against tarot card themed enemies. Moderately difficult, long boss fights, super-punishing elemental weaknesses that work just as harsh for as against you.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

An amazing soundtrack production series, if nothing else.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

persona is really good, including 5. this forum gets kinda down on it. maybe it's a little frontloaded or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zas posted:

persona is really good, including 5. this forum gets kinda down on it.

whaaa??? The PS4 thread loves it