Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

This is the expression of a cat who's just learned his name is Lard rear end.

Well, my mom calls him Shadow now but he was almost exclusively known as Lard rear end while my dad was alive. As long as the food dish gets filled - he doesn't really seem to care. Food, pets, and place to lay down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
"Lard rear end, what is best in life?"

Tony Phillips posted:

Food, pets, and place to lay down.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tony Phillips posted:

Well, my mom calls him Shadow now but he was almost exclusively known as Lard rear end while my dad was alive. As long as the food dish gets filled - he doesn't really seem to care. Food, pets, and place to lay down.

poo poo isnt this just what we all want?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

from the timg, thought lard rear end was laying in a pizza box.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/AHappierDay/status/1070858115409694721

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/dc2805C.mp4

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
New adorable friend!
https://twitter.com/AlongsideWild/status/1070392572877524993

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Your brother in law is excellent, and I choose to believe it is a self portrait. Give them some ear scritches from me, I'll donate some treats to the strike fund when I can.

http://www.drooker.com/

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/NudeEskimo/status/1066994698097692672?s=19

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Tony Phillips posted:

I love him. :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mu Zeta posted:

Saw a fluffy stray cat in the backyard and I left out some tofu and a bowl of water. It drank the water but didn't touch the tofu at all. I guess they aren't vegan and I guess I have to go buy some tuna at the store.

Cats are obligate carnivores. They -must- have meat or meat-based products to get the nutrients they require.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

What the fuuuuuuuuk

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Cats are obligate carnivores. They -must- have meat or meat-based products to get the nutrients they require.

I think he knows that... I'm guessing tofu was all that was on hand and the cat (correctly) refused to ingest.

Feed it slices of your own flesh, you monster

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Every cat seems to have some weird non-meat thing it's crazy for, though. One of my cats could just not get enough of apples, for instance, and my current red lump of fuzz loves plain white mushrooms. He will literally ignore meat on the same plate just to scarf up every single mushroom chunk or slice in sight.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
My cat will steal chips of any sort.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Every cat seems to have some weird non-meat thing it's crazy for, though. One of my cats could just not get enough of apples, for instance, and my current red lump of fuzz loves plain white mushrooms. He will literally ignore meat on the same plate just to scarf up every single mushroom chunk or slice in sight.

Our guy goes nuts for twist ties and bread.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

VanSandman posted:

My cat will steal chips of any sort.

One of mine likes chips as well.

The other one tries to eat fingernails. While they're still attached to you.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Kiska goes straight for the inedible and just tries to eat cardboard and wood

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
The late Mr Kitty absolutely loved (cooked) vegetables of any sort.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Please keep the cuteness within reasonable limits, I have to actually get work done at some point today.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Raptor1033 posted:

Our guy goes nuts for twist ties and bread.

I've got a bread cat. In the past, I also had an ice cream cat. She would stalk you to lick the melted stuff out of the bowl and sometimes even try to get her face in the bowl while you were eating if she could. No poo poo, her favorite flavor was chocolate, and god help you if you were eating any other flavor. She would get so offended. My parents have an ice cream cat now, but I don't think she's as picky about flavor.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Our old family cat would actively steal cheese.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Balloo will go through walls to get to marshmallows. He's swatted them out of my hand before.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

We can't leave sticks of butter out because my cat Malachi will take literal bites out of it. Like, full on kitty-teeth-marks chunks.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Both my cats love all kinds of flour. I had to get child locks for my cabinets because they were prying them open and making an enormous mess.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
My childhood cat loved vanilla pudding. I learned this when I was sitting on the floor and had finished some and he pawed at the container so I let him lick it.

When he was on his way out and refusing to eat or drink, he would still lick the pudding out of a cup.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yup. Had a cheese and ice cream cat. She would sit and purr and lap up shredded parmesan. And a little dab of mint chocolate chip would make her happy, too.

Oddly, she couldn't stand catnip. Sasha (aka Sausage) was a weird cat who just ignored the power politics the other cats sometimes tried to play.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

One of my cats loves carrots like catnip, he stole a couple of carrots out of mums groceries and drooled on them and rolled around on them in cat drugs style, he gets a slightly lesser reaction to celery tops too.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Growing up, I had a tabby cat that was plucked out of our barn as a kitten and was basically my shadow for 18 years. He would eat green beans, which worked for me because I HATED green beans when I was a kid. He'd sit in my lap at dinner time and wait for me to flick them over to him. It was great.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
One of my cats goes bananas for the plastic bags that baby carrots come in. Not the carrots themselves, just the bags.

Here's 4 minutes of him enjoying himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSHa1q9Ja5g

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My childhood cat loved the fake cheese powder on Doritos. You had to give her one chip and she'd lick it clean.

There's a biology professor at my university who has a cat who loves lettuce and will open the fridge to get at it. He uses this as a segue into carnivore dentition and how cats, being carnivores, have scissor-like molars really meant for cutting off chunks of food by biting sideways at a big thing, not grinding, so as much as she loves lettuce, she mostly just ends up shredding lettuce everywhere while she attempts to take bites of it.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Our cat Leo eats red cabbage, lettuce and avocado if he can get his paws on it. He'll also go for popcorn, cheetos and chips (provided they're not too spicy) if they're offered to him but that's more of a normal cat thing.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Our old cat Riff absolutely ADORED canned pineapple. My dad would eat it as a snack, and Riff would come sprinting and meowing to lick the bowl clean. He was otherwise not a talkative cat, it was so weird.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Dienes posted:

Growing up, I had a tabby cat that was plucked out of our barn as a kitten and was basically my shadow for 18 years. He would eat green beans, which worked for me because I HATED green beans when I was a kid. He'd sit in my lap at dinner time and wait for me to flick them over to him. It was great.

One of my childhood cats also loved green beans.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Antioch posted:

Balloo will go through walls to get to marshmallows. He's swatted them out of my hand before.

I have one who does this any time I am eating, but she doesn't want my food. My hands should always be engaged petting and playing with her. She slapped a snickers ice cream bar out of my hand at one point. I imagined she was saying,"play with me, you fat gently caress."

Another comes running when she hears a bag of donettes being opened. Yes, that is spelled correctly. Hostess has a line of tiny donuts called "donettes". The same cat loves popcorn. She will also eat Styrofoam if given a chance, so that gets taken out to the trash immediately so that she doesn't cache it somewhere for later.

Rabbit Hill posted:

One of my cats goes bananas for the plastic bags that baby carrots come in. Not the carrots themselves, just the bags.

Here's 4 minutes of him enjoying himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSHa1q9Ja5g

My cats have been going apeshit for those lately too. Just rolling all over them. Rubbing them on their heads. I don't understand.

Bored has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Dec 7, 2018

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/1071038273034817536

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/chadjamian/status/1070800478156423169

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

The owl was adorable.

I've had cats that love chips, but my wife's boy-cat loves to drink my wine and coffee...

ILL Machina has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cluedont/status/1071124920942428160