Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder what the gently caress the cracks that form on unearthed people are. I figured they were scars or something and just colored black for effect but they form pretty unnatural patterns on some people. Hyouga's are pretty weird, and pirate guy's hand including his fingertips are pitch black. I imagine they're entirely for distinctive character design but maybe they could be purposeful in-world or something; somehow reflecting part of the individual's personality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i think it's mentioned that it's a strange chemical effect that happens on the initial break points when someone is depetrified

so who knows what else gets attached but narratively it's a visual cue that they're depetrified and not... i guess a native stone worlder

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Newest chapter.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/86/page/1

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm gonna be real mad when the guy who brought back capitalism doesn't turn out to be a villain

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
:eyepop:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
gotta invent currency to incentivize labor to gather resources to build a hot air balloon to search for oil to fuel a ship to sail to south america to find the source of humanity's petrification to turn tsukasa to stone to unpetrify him to heal his injuries so he doesn't die except he's already dead basically but it's ok because of DR. STONE

this is a good manga

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

gotta invent currency to incentivize labor to gather resources to build a hot air balloon to search for oil to fuel a ship to sail to south america to find the source of humanity's petrification to turn tsukasa to stone to unpetrify him to heal his injuries so he doesn't die except he's already dead basically but it's ok because of DR. STONE

this is a good manga

Exactly this. I love dr Stone. It's so crazy. It's also good to see the roadmap slowly being laid out again. I was a bit worried, because it seemed like things were going to be easy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Introducing currency to a primitive society can't possibly go wrong.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm gonna be real mad when the guy who brought back capitalism doesn't turn out to be a villain

hm, Tsukasa was right all along

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

I really don't think Senku's going to be a villain.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oil and capitalism within 2 chapters rip stone world

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jose posted:

oil and capitalism within 2 chapters rip stone world

Fire the new guy into the sun. Jesus.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they just need to off him as soon as they're back from south america

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Tsukasa did nothing wrong

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Tsukasa gonna be so maaaaaaaaaad when he wakes up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose first thought at all of this was that Tsukasa was right. Give Senku a moment, and he manages to not only create currency, but a whole highly-exploiting capitalist system. Jesus.

At least he's using it for good...sort of.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The South China Sea Bubble

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Crain posted:

Tsukasa gonna be so maaaaaaaaaad when he wakes up.

that was literally my first thought on this chapter

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be fair new guy is basically operating on the premise the oil will be worth anything and that whatever society that forms will care a whit for his fun bucks or claims of ownership- which is extremely uncertain.

Senku either doesn't care because he... Just doesn't care, or because he knows this dude's game is far far down the road and things will likely change.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fabricated posted:

To be fair new guy is basically operating on the premise the oil will be worth anything and that whatever society that forms will care a whit for his fun bucks or claims of ownership- which is extremely uncertain.

Senku either doesn't care because he... Just doesn't care, or because he knows this dude's game is far far down the road and things will likely change.

For the time being it looks like a pretty certain bet. The main risk isn’t “will oil be useful” but rather “will they find it”. Right now they have a need for the stuff.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
"I'll only do this if you give me LOTS OF MONEY"
"Here's some worthless paper"
"MUAHAHA I'M RICH"
"You're the only one with money now. Coincidentally, living here in the village with us costs all your money"
"I'M POOR"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dog Kisser posted:

"I'll only do this if you give me LOTS OF MONEY"
"Here's some worthless paper"
"MUAHAHA I'M RICH"
"You're the only one with money now. Coincidentally, living here in the village with us costs all your money"
"I'M POOR"

Dr. Stone - Disregard Science, Acquire Currency

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Senku will run everything on wind, sun and atoms.
Boichi even made a manga about non-fossil energy.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lurking Haro posted:

Senku will run everything on wind, sun and atoms.
Boichi even made a manga about non-fossil energy.

Oh yeah, Senku and the Kingdom of Science will totally just abandon the currency outright once they get the oil, find South America, and resurrect Tsukasa.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the first currency to be reborn in the stone world was bitcoin

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there is ultimately the problem that if he wants to revive everyone how does he ensure he stays in charge so things don't go to how hosed they were

at least medicine should be free and cure everything for everyone but we all know :capitalism:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Patware posted:

the first currency to be reborn in the stone world was bitcoin
Don't insult the Dragos like that; the paper they're printed on has intrinsic value

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DoubleDonut posted:

I do like how honest this chapter was about capitalism; the moment capitalism and currency returned to the world, the capitalist bought the police.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Jose posted:

at least medicine should be free and cure everything for everyone but we all know :capitalism:

They do have the petrification process, which probably can heal a lot if they can get a hold on it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats what i was talking about

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Don't insult the Dragos like that; the paper they're printed on has intrinsic value

It's a little weird that Captain Capitalism was able to just get stacks and stacks of paper to make his monopoly money with. I mean, sure they'd probably just give it to him since that's how the society works but that's a lot of valuable materials for an otherwise worthless item.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shxiy7l5b_4

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Crain posted:

It's a little weird that Captain Capitalism was able to just get stacks and stacks of paper to make his monopoly money with. I mean, sure they'd probably just give it to him since that's how the society works but that's a lot of valuable materials for an otherwise worthless item.

this is the most accurate part of their mini economy

I hadn't read since Tsukasa and Hyoga had arrived due to always being busy on Monday nights when SJ released so I enjoyed catching up. Really liked the resolution to the war arc and the fight was amazing. My favourite character moment up until now had been Tsukasa thinking he could be friends with Senku in another life, it was very sweet. Inigaki is so talented then I got to the reporter part and then I remembered how Boichi can be

I had expected them to try petrify Tsukasa to save him so I'm really pumped for this arc from that perspective as well as the mystery of the stone flash. Though it does seem kind of weird that they can keep Tsukasa alive long enough to petrify him if they have to sail around the world.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

Beheading All Billionaires - Unlocked

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

EmmyOk posted:

this is the most accurate part of their mini economy

I hadn't read since Tsukasa and Hyoga had arrived due to always being busy on Monday nights when SJ released so I enjoyed catching up. Really liked the resolution to the war arc and the fight was amazing. My favourite character moment up until now had been Tsukasa thinking he could be friends with Senku in another life, it was very sweet. Inigaki is so talented then I got to the reporter part and then I remembered how Boichi can be

I had expected them to try petrify Tsukasa to save him so I'm really pumped for this arc from that perspective as well as the mystery of the stone flash. Though it does seem kind of weird that they can keep Tsukasa alive long enough to petrify him if they have to sail around the world.
Tsukasa is dead as dead can be- they've just frozen his corpse hoping that a well-preserved body can be revived via stoning->destoning.

The reality is that Tsukasa would basically be a flesh slushie after like, a week. Water expands when frozen. Cryogenics doesn't work.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

senku put a little soap on the ice so he'll be fine

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Tsukasa is dead as dead can be- they've just frozen his corpse hoping that a well-preserved body can be revived via stoning->destoning.

The reality is that Tsukasa would basically be a flesh slushie after like, a week. Water expands when frozen. Cryogenics doesn't work.

Yeah, feel like that's being sort of handwaved though under how magical the whole petrification and curing of it is relative to the mundane science stuff.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This plan is a serious Hail Mary pass, but Tsukasa would have died in a few days anyway, so he doesn't have anything to lose here.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

First Senku brought back idols, now he brought back Capitalism. And once they get the oil, he'll bring back pollution. Are we sure he's not the villain here? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

First Senku brought back idols, now he brought back Capitalism. And once they get the oil, he'll bring back pollution. Are we sure he's not the villain here? :v:

It has been said already, but it bears repeating.

Tsukasa was right.