Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Booourns posted:

the only person who could fire john kelly is john kelly so spreading rumors that he's resigning is their only option to possibly get rid of him I guess

Trump could fire him because Kelly serves at the pleasure of trump but we all know that Donny is a big baby when it comes to firing people face to face. It would be funny if we got a "I work for the president and want to continue my work, so If the president wants to make a change, he just needs to let me know" and put the pressure back on Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071030014123098112

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I hope everyone's ready for an extremely normal day.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Comedy option: he has been tweeting while on the phone with CHINA this entire time and they are monitoring his Twitter.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

He only says poo poo like this when things are, in fact, not going well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean if I were Trump and wanted to fire Kelly I would just tweet out

John Kelly has informed me he is resigning to retire with his family! Thank you for the service general. New cheif if staff will be announced.. .

(15 minutes later)

...Someone soon! MAGA!

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Narrator: faaaaaart

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

He's pumping and dumping stocks. There is no other explanation.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Brony Car posted:

Have you considered the possibility that the President is a giant moron?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lambert posted:

Meanwhile, Mueller is sitting in his office and contemplating on whether he should switch to Minesweeper or continue playing Solitaire.

Today feels like a two-twizzler day, don't you think?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brony Car posted:

He's pooping in dumping socks

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

ICBMs inbound

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Guze posted:

Maybe, but I'm sure he also tells some broker or other associate what he's going to tweet with the understanding that this person will help Trump make a little profit off of it. Self-dealing opportunities are too rampant for Trump not to take advantage of it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071036505676808194

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
He's still going 😮

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1071037045345259523

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

The entire report will just be "I know you are but what am I? :mad::mad::mad::mad:" over and over again

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Brony Car posted:

Maybe, but I'm sure he also tells some broker or other associate what he's going to tweet with the understanding that this person will help Trump make a little profit off of it. Self-dealing opportunities are too rampant for Trump not to take advantage of it.

This. A few days ago the papers were tripping over their own dicks with "Markets soar on G20 trade agreement with China" and less than 24 hrs later we we're back to poo poo plunging.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ok something big is dropping today, this is new levels of Mueller rant even for him.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Brony Car posted:

Is that when you wank on the toilet while taking a poo poo? Pretty sure that's what he does every morning while tweeting.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...annnd we're in a recession.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

cr0y posted:

Ok something big is dropping today, this is new levels of Mueller rant even for him.

Weren't there rumors yesterday Jr was talking about being indicted? Because that would be the best loving thing to take us into the weekend

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Guze posted:

I don't know how anyone can come to any other conclusion.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Young Freud posted:

...annnd we're in a recession.

Uh, what? No. Month to month job numbers are almost completely meaningless, and a single jobs report wouldn't mean a recession even if it was deep negative. You'd need to see several months of negative job growth as well as at least one quarter of negative GDP growth to even be talking recession. You definitely would not see the economy adding 155,000 jobs in a month during a recession, though.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Is this supposed to be taken as having any kind of meaning? What is it supposed to do other than further embarass Giuliani and by proxy Trump?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Weren't there rumors yesterday Jr was talking about being indicted? Because that would be the best loving thing to take us into the weekend

I would think Stone would be next, I think once you get to the family its gonna be all or nothing as Trump will saturday night massacre speed run as soon as his kids start getting nabbed.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Or is this one of those situations like with The War on Drugs where even though it's obviously hurting a lot of people all of those people are poor or minorities so nothing is ever going to be done to fix this?
Asked & answered, yerrhonnor!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Would Trump have access to the court filings before we do or will he see them with the rest of us?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

cr0y posted:

I would think Stone would be next, I think once you get to the family its gonna be all or nothing as Trump will saturday night massacre speed run as soon as his kids start getting nabbed.

The joke is that the SCO wouldn't go after them, it will be the NYAG's office, since I'm pretty sure Mueller knows that Trump would instantly try to pardon a family member. They can leverage the state charges to work around the pardon for federal ones.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

87 pages of "NO COLLUSION NO COLLUSION YOU'RE THE COLLUSION ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES DONNY A DULL BOY" sounds like a riveting read.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Crow Jane posted:

Avenatti did promise Jr to be indicted before xmas

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Putting your election fraud payment on the books

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/1071037607776317440?s=19

selec
Sep 6, 2003

1. Bernie is talking about making a promise to voters and pushing the party left. Voting for M4A in the House does a few things: it forces Dems to get on the record supporting it, and any GOP reps against it; but more importantly it’s the promise to the base that this is what will happen if you give us control. Remember way back in the Before Time when we laughed at the GOP quixotically voting to repeal Obamacare over and over, knowing it wouldn’t actually happen? That wasn’t a Hail Mary that they hoped might actually go through; it was a dogged political strategy to affirm to their base, over and over that they heard them and we’re gonna do it for real the moment they seize power. It’s a little LARPy in some ways, but I think the additional effect of forcing Blue Dogs and wavering Dems to get on the record supporting it, and starting the internal debate about what it should actually look like as a policy is a big positive. If it makes it to a senate vote, great. If not, use it to paint a target on McConnell’s back and send protestors to his house and dinner. Let him get screamed at by terminal cancer patients on TV. Turn the intensity of the desire for M4A into the kind of ravenous fever for the base that an ACA repeal was for the GOP, and you will see results.

2. I will believe Kelly is out when I see it.

3. Happy Friday let’s hope this carceral gently caress state gets pointed at somebody worthwhile today.

https://youtu.be/jl1mQASHc48

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1070888651561807873

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1071044242213085191

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1071045851022282752

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 7, 2018

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CyberPingu posted:

Avenatti did promise Jr to be indicted before xmas

Basta

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Are the Manafort and Cohen filings due at midnight like the Flynn one?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’m licking my lips and rubbing my thighs for some indictments today.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Can we throw Mulvaney into a wood chipper?

The guillotine is too good for him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

cr0y posted:

Are the Manafort and Cohen filings due at midnight like the Flynn one?

I could have sworn I heard one of them would be filed by like 5pm est at the latest. I could be wrong, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Kammat posted:

Is that when you wank on the toilet while taking a poo poo? Pretty sure that's what he does every morning while tweeting.

Pumping and dumping is when you engage in shady tactics to raise the price of a stock you already own (the “pump”) and then sell your holdings at peak price (the “dump”) while the people you sold to are often left holding the bag and soaking all the price declines resulting from your sale.

If you know what’s going to happen in the future because the market rises and falls on your tweets, you could make a tom of loney off of shorting or options as well.