Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

The wideness of JP drop makes it seem scarier for me than Splash's bramble patch always next to you.

Also why are there so many disney inspired candles across a billions stores, I cant decide what scents to pick as an Xmas gift!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Quixotic1 posted:

Also why are there so many disney inspired candles across a billions stores, I cant decide what scents to pick as an Xmas gift!

Same but with coffee mugs. We have too many already but they keep releasing great ones.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braks you're gonna die if you go on JP and then I'll have to go be a travel agent again.

(please don't die braks)

E: The best disney candle is the one that smells like pirates' burning scene because it's just a normal candle with a few tiny crackles in it and I think it's hilarious trolling.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait does Disney sell candles now?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I bought the "Pirate Water" candle from one of those sites. Honestly was pretty convincing.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wait does Disney sell candles now?

No, random companies make candles that smell like places around WDW

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Bottom Liner posted:

Same but with coffee mugs. We have too many already but they keep releasing great ones.

You know nothing of hellmugs

There's about half a dozen in the dishwasher and probably another 3 floating around the house somewhere.

couldcareless fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 7, 2018

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

couldcareless posted:

There's about half a dozen in the dishwasher and probably another 3 floating around the house somewhere.

Just one cabinet? What amateur hour poo poo is this?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'd kill for more cabinet space. We have had to euthanize a few just because of this reason

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Watch and weep American Disney park goers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJtNxaTwgz0

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Needs more Gaston

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hope they’re done with the creepy projected eyes then

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Braks you're gonna die if you go on JP and then I'll have to go be a travel agent again.

(please don't die braks)

E: The best disney candle is the one that smells like pirates' burning scene because it's just a normal candle with a few tiny crackles in it and I think it's hilarious trolling.

Y'all, I want her to ride some rides with me at Universal. Don't scare her off!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Zero One posted:

Watch and weep American Disney park goers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJtNxaTwgz0

as if i needed more reasons to want to go to tokyo disney

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Y'all, I want her to ride some rides with me at Universal. Don't scare her off!

I have a list of about 3 rides I plan to avoid: Jurassic Park, Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit. I'm on the fence about the Mummy thing. I hear it's good but I just do not like big drops.

Considering I'm about 25 - 30 lbs lighter than I was the first time I went to Universal, I'm hoping not to get walk of shamed off the HP stuff this time.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hulk is less scary than Mummy imho. But I don’t think my mind has ever been as blown as it has when you hit the coaster part of Mummy in the building...it’s just crazy

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
From what I remember, Mummy isn't huge on drops. It's just very fast and winding. It's more like space mountain where you are in the dark, uncertain where you're going, and things just zip by you. Except it's a more contemporary coaster style than Space Mountain, and with a launch instead of a lift.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Oh, I've ridden Space Mountain lots of times. I can handle it then.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Maybe it was the heat, or the hour of no phone with me but my vision has gone dark around the edges riding Rip Ride Rockit on two different occasions the same week, and I like coasters.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Rip Ride Rockit is one of the worst coasters ever built. Stay away.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Zero One posted:

Rip Ride Rockit is one of the worst coasters ever built. Stay away.

Are you just trying to keep the line shorter? It's an okay coaster and having the music with it is pretty neat IMHO

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it’s not even the worst coaster in Orlando (Primeval Whirl)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

nimper posted:

Are you just trying to keep the line shorter? It's an okay coaster and having the music with it is pretty neat IMHO

The problem is the construction, not the ride experience. It was constructed quickly and poorly and opened early, so it's not that great structurally. It got rougher each time I rode it until I finally decided not to go back on.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah it’s not even the worst coaster in Orlando (Primeval Whirl)

You wanna fight?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

chitoryu12 posted:

The problem is the construction, not the ride experience. It was constructed quickly and poorly and opened early, so it's not that great structurally. It got rougher each time I rode it until I finally decided not to go back on.

Yeah I hear that. I've seen some reports of cars valleying at a certain part of the ride too.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Quixotic1 posted:

Maybe it was the heat, or the hour of no phone with me but my vision has gone dark around the edges riding Rip Ride Rockit on two different occasions the same week, and I like coasters.

I had that happen on Hulk and Dragon Challenge but never RRR. I found RRR to be a very rough ride though. Same with RnR.

Though tbf, I have my vision go dark on most coasters these days. And that was even before my most recent concussion. So now I avoid them. Skipped Hulk etc on my last trip.

Hulk is generally a very smooth ride. RRR is not. The lift hill of RRR is pretty fun though.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

couldcareless posted:

I got my wife the Mine Mine Mine mug for xmas a few years back, and I covet that Baymax one. The only reason I don't buy more is my daughter yells at me when she has to stack up all the mugs jenga style to get them into the cabinet.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

nimper posted:

Yeah I hear that. I've seen some reports of cars valleying at a certain part of the ride too.

Valleying? What is that?

BlueBayou posted:

Though tbf, I have my vision go dark on most coasters these days.

Likewise. Is this a sign I need to be doing more cardio, or am I just doomed to progressively tamer rides?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

tomapot posted:

I got my wife the Mine Mine Mine mug for xmas a few years back, and I covet that Baymax one. The only reason I don't buy more is my daughter yells at me when she has to stack up all the mugs jenga style to get them into the cabinet.

the baymax one is good and I didn't buy it because I already have too many disney mugs but I've got less than 10 so maybe I just need to throw out my non-disney dishware

we got the ghost mickey boo to you one at halloween, it's so good

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Grundulum posted:

Valleying? What is that?

When a car doesn't have enough speed to make it up the next hill so it gets stuck in the valley low point. A well designed coaster won't do this unless there are serious external issues (running in bad weather, wheel falls off, etc) but a poorly designed ride... it may happen if the weather is just a little windy and you put the wrong weight in the train.

To add on to what I said earlier. It isn't just a painful and unfun ride. I put it in the same level as carnival rides as things I avoid because I won't take the chance. My roommate worked there for a little bit and he told stories of things breaking constantly. Not just the ride shutting down because of a computer error but the connection between two cars snapping!

Stay away and ride Mummy twice instead. It's the best coaster in Orlando.

YOUR SOULS ARE MINE!

Zero One fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 7, 2018

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We shoot to buy just one every trip. It allows us to be picky with what we grab. I prefer functional over flashy. Fragile/uncomfortable mugs? No thank you.
The flower and garden mug that looks like a terra cotta flower pot is one of my favorites.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zero One posted:

When a car doesn't have enough speed to make it up the next hill so it gets stuck in the valley low point. A well designed coaster won't do this unless there are serious external issues (running in bad weather, wheel falls off, etc) but a poorly designed ride... it may happen if the weather is just a little windy and you put the wrong weight in the train.

To add on to what I said earlier. It isn't just a painful and unfun ride. I put it in the same level as carnival rides as things I avoid because I won't take the chance. My roommate worked there for a little bit and he told stories of things breaking constantly. Not just the ride shutting down because of a computer error but the connection between two cars snapping!

Stay away and ride Mummy twice instead. It's the best coaster in Orlando.

YOUR SOULS ARE MINE!

They've also had one incident where a train got stuck on the vertical lift hill, which is basically a horror movie scenario.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Braksgirl posted:

Oh, I've ridden Space Mountain lots of times. I can handle it then.

Just to clarify, I do remember it being a more intense experience than Space Mountain. Not by a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but I think notably more so than most Disney coasters. Less so than RnR, but I think similar to Everest in terms of how it felt.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'd say Mummy is slightly more intense than Space Mountain in the sense of speed and sharper banks, but the actual ride experience is smoother and the cars are much larger and more comfortable so it's a very pleasant ride.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

I'd say Mummy is slightly more intense than Space Mountain in the sense of speed and sharper banks, but the actual ride experience is smoother and the cars are much larger and more comfortable so it's a very pleasant ride.

I just checked and it's 40mph as opposed to Space Mtn's 28 mph which is crazy. Both feel a lot faster than that. The smoothness definitely makes it feel faster too.

Big Thunder goes 36 btw, but feels slower than Space.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

First time at WDW in 10+ years. Liking some of the changes so far, but I miss the original narration for Test Track

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
It’s looking like I’ll have a chance to stop by the Paris Disney Parks in mid-January, so I started doing research... and realized I’m not really prepared for that at all. I didn’t even realize there were two parks.

I remember a few posts sometime ago in this thread about the French parks. While I have some idea of what attractions I’d want to go on and do, does anyone have any opinions on Paris Disney that I can develop more concrete plans from? I’m asking here first since I went to the Orlando parks as “recently” as this past February, so I’d probably be swinging for the “only in Paris” kind of attractions. I do know if I go I’d be aiming for 1 day/2 parks, and focus on Walt Disney Studios Park for the Pixar stuff, but I’d also like to see the Sleeping Beauty castle and Space Mountain.

Thanks!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/WDWTales/status/1071088535065640960

Also here is Club 33 in Hollywood Studios from the mysterious dude who keeps leaking stuff

https://twitter.com/BackDoorDisney/status/1070868556760403968

https://twitter.com/BackDoorDisney/status/1070891121931378688

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I talked to someone who met the Backdoor disney guy at a event, he said he’s as goonish as you would expect and was really awkward. But now Disney knows who he is so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Club 33 has always intrigued me but being able to peak behind the curtain with those pictures really kinda let's me down.