Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He has risen to "below average" but it was a pretty quick climb from "doorstop" and they must like what they're seeing because they gave him an extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs apparently do this thing where they trade for or sign failed first round picks. I mean they cut and signed CJ Spiller like 15 times last year. Erving like I mentioned, Ragland, Watkins for the most damaging to the cap example.

This seems like a thing they do just to kick the tires on people? Insert joke about Kelvin Benjamin's spare tire here.

It's not a bad idea. If "the light" comes on it works out but this is his 3rd team in as many years and if millions of dollars being at stake doesn't motivate you to Google "how not to be a fat oval office". Not much will.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FizFashizzle posted:

i believe a 4.6 forty if this is a measurement of time on like a sun dial or something.

Kelvin Benjamin's 40 time is measured by a montage of pages falling wistfully off a calander.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BlindSite posted:

It's not a bad idea. If "the light" comes on it works out but this is his 3rd team in as many years and if millions of dollars being at stake doesn't motivate you to Google "how not to be a fat oval office". Not much will.
No guaranteed money and he's only around 2 months tops. I think even a fat douche is probably a better option at the end than a really gritty guy. So gritty.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/867781550112468993?s=19

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

KB is a mere tiny sled dog compared to the absolute unit that is Seabass.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

Well on the one hand 4.6 is not that fast

1/5ths of a second faster than most Really Fast people is still really fast imo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Finger Prince posted:

KB is a mere tiny sled dog compared to the absolute unit that is Seabass.

I want to see this as a Pride fight now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Ok, this was cool

https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1070894593535819778

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Cut the whole jags defense tomorrow but before approaching the plane tonight they should inform Bouye Jack and Jacobs that they need to find their own transportation home. No players should get that punked on the same loving play. Bouye ok sure he manhandled you but Jacobs and jack ought to be loving ashamed of themselves

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yeah, credit to Henry for running that hard, and still having energy at the end of it, but what idiot tackles high on Henry from a side angle, much less multiple times?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

weird that when Henry walks he looks like he's really tired and old and can barely take another step yet can run 99 yards while slapping away 3 dudes pretending they're defense

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Amazing that Derrick Henry has foreclosed on the entire Jag defense's houses, he owns them all now, I don't make the rules it's just how it works sorry

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The problem with Benjamin isn't just that he's fat and slow, he can't make catches in traffic at all anymore. Writers on Twitter are saying he gives the Chiefs a redzone target if nothing else but he's terrible in the Redzone to the point that the Bills were actively avoiding throwing to him in the last couple of games.

I've seen every game he's played this year and if Andy Reid can some how make him not stink he deserves coach of the year.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Benjamin has been so bad it's at the point where if he catches a single TD pass he should immediately be on the shortlist for CPotY

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I am sad that some team didn't say, you know what we're embracing the tank.

Hackenburg to Benjamin connection all day long.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The saddest thing about Benjamax is how good he looked in the 2015 training camp. He was the best looking player there.

Then Ehud went to a joint practice with the dophins and Kelvin blew out his ACL.

Instead of attacking his rehab, he decided to attack the pancake industry.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Benjamin getting cut by the Bills and carried to a ring, instead of being carried by a Little Rascal back to the Golden Corral buffet, would be one of the funnier things to come out of an already very funny season.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

I'm still shocked Cam Erving is a productive player.

I remember his rookie year against Geno and he literally looked like a high school player

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Two QBs old and still gold

Need a photoshop of Henry stiff-arming this guys opinion

In fairness, it was not better than the Beastmode run because that came in the playoffs with a small lead late in the 4th quarter. Also it has its own Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_Quake

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 7, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Weirder part of the Benjamin signing is we cut a fairly productive depth DE who gets a lot of snaps to make room for him. Chiefs are trying to find a way to replace Hunts amazing RZ production

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I remember his rookie year against Geno and he literally looked like a high school player

I think this is important to remember when Chiefs fans say he's strangely ok.

We're not saying he's awesome, we're just saying he isn't that anymore and looks like he sort of belongs in the league. We don't understand how any more than you do.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Weirder part of the Benjamin signing is we cut a fairly productive depth DE who gets a lot of snaps to make room for him. Chiefs are trying to find a way to replace Hunts amazing RZ production

Benjamin has conditioning problems, runs sloppy routes, has a poor attitude, and he lost a lot of the athleticism he had coming out of FSU because of his injury.

That said, he claimed Cam and the Panthers offense held him back. Buffalo had an even worse QB situation. Now he is going to the most explosive offense in the NFL with an offensive guru running the show. There are no excuses now. If anyone can get something out of Benjamin it will be Andy Reid and the Chiefs. It's hardly a bad move given that it is only a 1 year deal.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kelvin will always be cool to me for this:

And for being the guy who figured out Auburn was stealing the FSU play calls.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Noted red zone threat Kelvin Benjamin has two (2) touchdown catches as a member of the Buffalo Bills.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

fsif posted:

Noted red zone threat Kelvin Benjamin has two (2) touchdown catches as a member of the Buffalo Bills.

to get a red zone target your team a) has to advance the ball down the field and b) throw the ball into the end zone

not the bills qbs strongest abilities

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah his 2 touchdown catches probably like 40% of Bills TD passes but still don’t see him doing poo poo in KC

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Ammanas posted:

to get a red zone target your team a) has to advance the ball down the field and b) throw the ball into the end zone

not the bills qbs strongest abilities

I can think of at least 3 TD passes that former Buffalo Bills player Kelvin Benjamin didn't come down with in the end zone off the top of my head.

To be fair, one of them was a touchdown he was completely robbed of against the Patriots that was an amazing catch.

If there had been more of that, and less of... well this season, he'd be a very wealthy wide receiver.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

*insert Nathan Peterman hype video*

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
N: Patrick Mahomes is going to throw for 6,000 yards his first year as a starter.

V: That's hosed up.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

N: Patrick Mahomes is going to throw for 6,000 yards his first year as a starter.

I don't think you did the math right, friend.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You think he's going to average 500 yards passing a game the last four weeks?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Well now that they added Benjamin...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Well now that they added Benjamin...

We're talking yards not calories...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

weird Asian candy posted:

We're talking yards not calories...

We're talking yards not dropped passes

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Okay. Patrick Mahomes is on pace to throw for 5,200 yards and I read that stat as he had already thrown for 5,200 yards.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Well now it makes a lil more sense.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1071096460882665472?s=19

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Holy shut according to my advanced algebrametrics, MAhomes is going to throw for a thousand yards this season

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

https://twitter.com/amicsta/status/1071097533215240192?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol nice