Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah alien rope burn or evil mastermind counts good to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Arivia posted:

Did Ettin step down or something?

Not yet, but I haven't had as much time to mod as I used to - my own RPGs, a bunch of freelance work you'll start to see next year, and some video game work with deadlines and everything. Depending on how things shake out I might. I am willing to give two mods a try!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ettin posted:

Not yet, but I haven't had as much time to mod as I used to - my own RPGs, a bunch of freelance work you'll start to see next year, and some video game work with deadlines and everything. Depending on how things shake out I might. I am willing to give two mods a try!

As others have said, I think a representative each from the RPG and wargaming spheres would work really well.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

My vote goes to ARB, they always seem pretty level-headed even when the rest of a page goes feral on itself.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
What about a poker mod? Did any of the poker threads survive when that subforum got merged in here?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Make Jef a mod, he has enough hatred.

(Real answer is Mors Rattus or ARB to handle the rpg side of the spectrum. I'd also favor two mods to cover more bases)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Serf and Gradenko would be my picks.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

^

wait no i meant plutonis

I really don't know whether or not to be flattered or terrified, waking up to this.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If not two mods then a terrible warhammer threads IK

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
My vote to Panascope, def not Corrode dude gets way too aggro way too fast.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
ARB or Kai Tave for RPG mod, rotating system of IK's for wargaming until we either find a true mod through Darwinism or they all burn down.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

gradenko and ARB but one of them can only tell lies and one can only tell the truth, how will you escape their dungeon?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm pretty against any prominent Death Thread posters, because the Death Thread it is the TG equivalent of the loving star citizen thread and should have been gassed ages ago.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm pretty against any prominent Death Thread posters, because the Death Thread it is the TG equivalent of the loving star citizen thread and should have been gassed ages ago.

Seconding this.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

skimming the thread on my phone and all this lovely joe business is giving me panic jolts

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Evil Mastermind would be my first choice for an rpg mod and ARB would be my second. I don't know the boardgame kru well enough to vote for a rep unfortunately. :shobon:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

fool_of_sound posted:

The Death Thread is exactly what I was thinking of when I said "corrosive long-term bad posters". A lot of problems in the ham community lead back to there.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Beer

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Thanks, but I decline

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah alien rope burn or evil mastermind counts good to me
:agreed:

I mean I’d vote for Serf, but he’d change the Next thread into a Shadow of the Dark Lord thread.
I’d like to change my vote to Serf.

Ettin posted:

What about a poker mod? Did any of the poker threads survive when that subforum got merged in here?

Assign a poker mod as IK for all card game threads. :v:

jeroti
Feb 26, 2009

Fear not the darkness, fear that which the darkness hides.
Beer or Corrode

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Meinberg posted:

ARB or Serf or Evil Mastermind works for day shift, then Gradenko for night shift.
Ceci n'est pas une emptyquote.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

jeroti posted:

Beer or Corrode Moola

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
1. Beer4TheBeerGod - spreadsheet mod
2. Booley - he paints good.
3. Diogenes - he is a sadistic motherfucker who corrals a gigantic thread and keeps NSA-levels of data on all his posters.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The death thread is the best miniatures thread sorry.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Corrode posted:

Regardless of whether it's me or not I think a two mod solution is good.

Put me down for one Corrode please.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Panascope for TG mod or the populace will riot

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Comedy option: Leperflesh, to really test out the capacity of the probation form.

Drone posted:

Came to post this as a real option. :shobon:

grassy gnoll posted:

I think Leperflesh would actually be a pretty decent and an especially dilligent mod, but he'd also burn out in a hurry.

Thank you very much, guys. But yeeah, I probably couldn't keep up. I hang out more in the fantasy football forum these days, then I do here, TGSS notwithstanding.

I would not like to vote on the basis of strategically trying to get rid of a particular thread, poster, or interest area in advance. We want good long-term judgement, endurance, and generally good-natured low-key chill approach to things. A basic subject matter familiarity is sufficient.

B4tBG, ARB, and EvilM would all be good.

Ettin posted:

There is one remnant of Poker in the Rear: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504125
Some good long-term posters in there, too.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
yeah that two mod idea sounds good since I didn't even realize folks like beer had migrated over to trad games, so it shows just how separate the minis stuff is from boardgames and playing pretend. Beer seemed to be pretty chill and good back in the space forum, and yeah ARB would be cool too.
hapylef is the mod we deserve and should get a vilerat style honorary modship

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Beer4TheBeerGod is a nice dude and already expressed willingness to start modding here in addition to their usual forum.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah I do want to say there are a few of us who crossover between minis games and RPGs. I am one. although I've pulled back from both somewhat and have been more of a boardgamer lately... which is a third tier in this subforum.

So maybe we should have a boardgame nerd, a tabletop wargame nerd, and an elfpretender nerd?

... nah, we just need someone who will be responsive, careful, reasonable, and durable.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
reene's cat should get the job. i trust theo.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, what do you want the mod(s) to do? Do you want things to go on more or less as they did under Ettin? Is there something you want to see change?

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

neongrey posted:

reene's cat should get the job. i trust theo.

in theo we trust. all praise to the healthy boy

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, what do you want the mod(s) to do? Do you want things to go on more or less as they did under Ettin? Is there something you want to see change?

To see the players of games I don't like crushed and driven before me and hear the lamentations of the flame princess

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Gradenko, serf, and ARB are all good candidates imo. I appreciate the votes of confidence but I only read a handful of threads and I'm not sure I would be able to mod responsibly.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Also voting gradenko, ARB or Serf. Leperflesh is already santa mini-mod. No knowledge of the wargame stuff to nominate anybody.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Rand Brittain posted:

On the tabletop side of things we've been pretty good at self-policing slap fights for years, in as much as we can. We do need someone regularly involved though to help bad posters to be less bad through the application of short proabtions. Stop long-term bad faith posters trolling for their own amusement, and generally just know who the troublemakers are so that people being trolled don't get dinged by an out of context report. And to make sure that self-policing doesn't turn into pointless bullying, of course
Nothing dramatic or exceptional, but it requires familiarity and interaction with the community being moderated to avoid people feeling like punishment is arbitrary or one-sided.

I would imagine it's much the same with other groups here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
The "bad posting" is a mud sling often used in the 40k thread to dog pile an opposing opinion in the prescious 40k, do not belive stalin, he is not lovely.