Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Going to take a lot to take that stereotype away from them. And unfortunately there is nothing that even a hundred men (or more) could ever do about it.

I like the cut of your jib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Going to take a lot to take that stereotype away from them. And unfortunately there is nothing that even a hundred men (or more) could ever do about it.

drat

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Paladinus posted:

Posts like this are why I love these dead gay forums.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Paladinus posted:

:golfclap:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

believe it or not, this ISN'T an NAR post posted:

So I was working in a DVD rental store (will remain unnamed)

We had an offer on where if someone buys a Large DVD Boxset (aka €40 or more) they can pick out a free DVD from a selected range. We honoured multiple buys too (eg, buy 3 €40 boxsets, you pick 3 free DVDs)

Pretty simple, aye?

Nope. Woman comes up to me with a Breaking Bad boxset and a copy of Pixels,which is in our special free range.

Me- Grand, so that's 40 for BB, and Pixels is free, nice one!

Her- But it says 9.99 for Pixels

Me- Normally, yes, but it's included in the deal (I point to poster behind me) so you get it for free, nice to save a few quid for Christmas!

Her- but what does that mean, what do I need to pay for it? I owe you 50, right?

Me-???? No miss, you get it for FREE because you are buying a large boxset. It's a special offer, it's great, you're saving a tenner!

Her- losing her loving mind DON'T BE TRYING TO SELL ME EXTRA CRAP, I WANT MY BOXSET AND MY DVD!

Me- Please don't curse at me, let me show you. (I printed a test sales receipt to show her EXACTLY where she is saving money)

She grabs the receipt, crumples it up and tosses it at me.

Her- I just want to pay for my poo poo and not be messed around by some baldy, holey faced punk! (I had a Mohawk at the time and have facial piercings)

Me- OK then. Ring her up, she pays 50 Euro, leaves muttering about how poo poo my math skills are

I tell my manager who pisses himself laughing and lets me pick out HER FREE DVD for myself. Got a copy of Inside Out for free so I was happy!

Tldr- woman qualifies for a free DVD, insists on paying more money cos she's an absolute plank.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Where the gently caress do people use the euro but also call it quid? Ireland?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I think quid was slang for Irish pounds as well as pounds sterling, so I guess it could have carried over to euros.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Judging by the description of the writer, this was in a HMV.

Wait, it didn't happen, so...?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I can believe that someone who wanted to pay money for the movie Pixels was as dumb as a bag of doorknobs

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Yesterday I had an old lady tell me that the fact that the deli's hot food is sold by individual pieces of chicken and also in combos with a side was "misleading." I think she was confusing the fact that the quarter rotisserie chicken piece she was buying ($3.99) is close in price to one piece of breaded chicken and a side ($3.49, or $1.99 for just the chicken), and coming to the conclusion that you're charged the same whether you get a side or not, but she was just not even really listening to my attempts to clarify. People are dumb even before you exaggerate your story beyond believability.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Pastry of the Year posted:

I can believe that someone who wanted to pay money for the movie Pixels was as dumb as a bag of doorknobs

I can't believe people buy dvds or blu rays

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SilkyP posted:

I had some in my hands during black Friday sales and put each back because I'll watch it once and then probably never again.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Len posted:

I had some in my hands during black Friday sales and put each back because I'll watch it once and then probably never again.

but -~*~-SPECIAL FEATURES-~*~-

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aleph Null posted:

Admittedly I would absolutely pick up Tropic Thunder for $5 if I saw it because RDJ does commentary in character since that's what his character in the movie says he does and it's great.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

chapter select, animated menus, subtitles in English and Spanish... this bad boy has it all

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The LotR EE special features and commentary are absolutely worth it.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Aleph Null posted:

*slaps top of slipcase*
This baby can fit so many actor interviews!

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

SilkyP posted:

I actually (really, I'm aware of the thread title :dadjoke:) had a random contruction worker approach me today, asking "hello...do you watch DVDs?". I didn't stick around long enough to get into details of whatever "business proposal" he had in mind.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
sometimes i wonder if at this point they are intentionally writing them as over the top fakes because that gets more comments or whatever calling it out as fake than it would if the story was realistic.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

SilkyP posted:

I have a small collection of BDs. As someone with woeful internet and a distaste of DRM, I'd rather have physical copies.

Netflix pulls stuff all the time, every loving distributor wants to have their own streaming site (which also don't come here), half the good poo poo isn't available in Australia for ages anyway because the one main cable company has a monopoly.

I don't have to worry about my media disappearing one day (or actually being forcibly deleted from my devices). By the time they (the physical media) stop working, I'll stop caring but it won't be because my internet stopped working or the rights changed.

And at the end of the day, I can still sell them or give them to someone else without jumping through any hoops.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

What an idiot. Should have just pocketed the €10. But no, he got to choose a lovely DVD from the bargain bin, for free!! Best day ever!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is a good way to get loving fired.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I like to guess the age of random babies I see when I go shopping.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A man saw my sixteen month old in her carrier at the supermarket and said "Wow, I bet that baby's a superhero!"

I said, "No, she's just not vaccinated. It's called an iron lung. :smug:"

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I like to guess the age of random babies I see when I go shopping.

Wow, you are so cognitive! I bet you're ninety years old!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

This is so bad I'm glaring at my phone screen as if I saw a guy kick a dog on the street

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I love that you can see her thought process that two years isnt ~advanced~ enough, but 3 years is too old, so they stick the "1/2" in there.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Danaru posted:

I love that you can see her thought process that two years isnt ~advanced~ enough, but 3 years is too old, so they stick the "1/2" in there.

Like a child.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

I like how the guy in this fantasy determines the age of the child based on its cognition and not by, ya know, how big the child is. I'm not an expert on children but I'm pretty sure that a 16 month old is quite a bit smaller than a 2 1/2 year old. Plus, who the hell cares what a random stranger in a store says? People say fake poo poo about babies all the time, i.e. "Oh, what a pretty baby! She seems so smart."

A better version would have been:
"I took my child to a new pediatrician for a check up. When the doctor looked at my Darling Child he told me that it's cognitive ability is right on track (and is in fact a bit high) but that my child is very small for her age. When I asked for further information (DC is right on target in all the resources I've looked at), the Doctor said "Well she's pretty small for a 2 1/2 year old (Can you believe it?!?).
I told the Doctor that my child was in fact only 16 months old and the doctor was shocked!
"Well she's very advanced for her age."
"Nope, she's just not vaccinated"
As I walked off the Doctor picked up their jaw off the floor and yelled after me "I'm going to tell all my patients about the wonders of anti-vaccination, Thank you for teaching me so much about modern medicine!"
As the entire waiting room burst out in applause my Darling Child looked up at me and said "Mommy, why is everyone acting so strange? It's almost like they don't realize the dangers of putting chemicals in your body."
Then we went and got ice cream as a reward."

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And that ice cream was Albert Einstein Chip.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

PancakeTransmission posted:

I have a small collection of BDs. As someone with woeful internet and a distaste of DRM, I'd rather have physical copies.

Netflix pulls stuff all the time, every loving distributor wants to have their own streaming site (which also don't come here), half the good poo poo isn't available in Australia for ages anyway because the one main cable company has a monopoly.

I don't have to worry about my media disappearing one day (or actually being forcibly deleted from my devices). By the time they (the physical media) stop working, I'll stop caring but it won't be because my internet stopped working or the rights changed.

And at the end of the day, I can still sell them or give them to someone else without jumping through any hoops.

Same with me (except for the Oz part). Only being able to stream my media in the era of throttling and data caps seems silly, as does not being able to watch during an internet outage.

Also having had several platforms with my purchased stuff not survive makes me leery for any of my non-Amazon digital media.

And now, a small smorgasbord of badassery that definitely happened for all of you (man I wish there was a smorgasbord restaurant near me):

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

I don't really have any problem believing that some incel weirdo was being a huge creep.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That is legit disturbing and I have no trouble believing it happened, not sure why it's posted here.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I guess the way he initially tries to write himself as non-creepy is the STDH. Sidling up to someone and just staring at what they're staring at is weird. Not as weird as the stalking her while rubbing your boner, but still very weird. Chances are she might have reacted possibly if he had just made appropriate small talk about the tree or whatever instead of just staring brooding silently thinking "i'm not currently physically assaulting her, why isn't this bitch loving me yet".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ibntumart posted:

Same with me (except for the Oz part). Only being able to stream my media in the era of throttling and data caps seems silly, as does not being able to watch during an internet outage.

Also having had several platforms with my purchased stuff not survive makes me leery for any of my non-Amazon digital media.

And now, a small smorgasbord of badassery that definitely happened for all of you (man I wish there was a smorgasbord restaurant near me):

I sorta believe this one. Well, specifically I believe he said something to his dad when he was 8 that caused his father to never be able to look at him the same way again, and that in english class he launched into a huge diatribe that left his teacher and classmates dumbfounded.

Isn't this a scene in a movie or something? Like right down to the cigar thing? Also, who the smokes cigars at work? Is he a floor manager at an autoplant in the 50's?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Is the old man in line Geoffery from Fresh Prince?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

felch me daddy jr. posted:

I don't really have any problem believing that some incel weirdo was being a huge creep.

Yeah, I don't either, but I also don't think for a moment this guy actually would even be able to talk to a woman, let alone any of the rest of it. I put it on the level of this example of STDH.

Skwirl posted:

Isn't this a scene in a movie or something? Like right down to the cigar thing? Also, who the smokes cigars at work? Is he a floor manager at an autoplant in the 50's?

Maybe he works in an unusually pugilistic cigar shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

New thread title: A vendor gave me a pork on a stick.