Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

esperterra posted:

Jughead is also both of those things imo

Oh yeah totally, she's also probably going to die if she continues dating Jughead. I just feel like switching to Archie would lead to a slightly quicker death.

I rewatched the episode, Reggie telling a cop "Sorry officer, I couldn't have committed this crime because I was too busy jerking off :smug:" has cemented his place as my favorite dumbass on this show. He's so stupid, and so smug about it, I love it.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Ethel's not dead, she's at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, which is probably worse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ethel is the worst and nobody would miss her.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just waiting for Hiram to stick his fingers into the Sisters. He's Archie's nemesis, Ronnie's nemesis, Jughead's nemesis, and I feel like they're never gonna take him down until they get Betty involved.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Mameluke posted:

I'm just waiting for Hiram to stick his fingers into the Sisters.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't have to wait! Hiram is hosed now. He's pissed off the wrong Cooper!

I love that he still tries his best to be a good dad to Veronica while also being the most evil man in NY state.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Well at least my Ethel question was answered!!

Also why isn't Betty the narrator of this show instead of Jughead, so it can be Veronica Mars on top of being Gossip Girl and Twin Peaks ??

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Archie is so loving stupid.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He really is lmao, I love how consistent it is tho and I want them to continue leaning into it.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

esperterra posted:

He really is lmao, I love how consistent it is tho and I want them to continue leaning into it.

Yeah, him bringing a pair of gardening shears to a gunfight was a series highlight. I'm not even kidding. Shine on you useless diamond.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Still Fluxing posted:

Yeah, him bringing a pair of gardening shears to a gunfight was a series highlight. I'm not even kidding. Shine on you useless diamond.

Jughead's sigh and eyeroll 'yeah Archie, you could kill Hiram for sure but maybe let's leave instead' lmao

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonna need a gif of Archie eye loving the farm girl while tossing a couple of quick glances at Jughead.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

esperterra posted:

I'd be more fine with it if his stupidity weren't so drat formulaic. It's infected a lot of major CW shows over the past two seasons, too, and it's really getting annoying: "Oh no, I feel guilty about something! I need to go to jail and/or go on the run, hurt everybody who's close to me for unconvincing reasons, and fall into an obvious trap or two along the way." I'm not enjoying it; it's super lazy writing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Majorian posted:

I'd be more fine with it if his stupidity weren't so drat formulaic. It's infected a lot of major CW shows over the past two seasons, too, and it's really getting annoying: "Oh no, I feel guilty about something! I need to go to jail and/or go on the run, hurt everybody who's close to me for unconvincing reasons, and fall into an obvious trap or two along the way." I'm not enjoying it; it's super lazy writing.

I love Riverdale most when it leans into the cliches and cranks 'em up. It's the main reason I enjoy this show tbh

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

esperterra posted:

I love Riverdale most when it leans into the cliches and cranks 'em up. It's the main reason I enjoy this show tbh

Cranked-up cliches are fine, it's more that I'm watching the same storylines play out between this show, Flash, Arrow, and Crazy Ex Girlfriend at close to the same time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's gonna be amazing when Betty stabs Ethel to death.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
EAT THE TRASH DRUGS BETTY!!!

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
am I just dumb or like is the goblin (lol @ myself for saying goblin instead of gargoyle***) king not just a guy in a suit

the influence of Sabrina being a town over is affecting me

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
also where is chic, I miss him

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jimmychoo posted:

also where is chic, I miss him

dead

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Archie's a hot, dumb young man. He's America's Favourite Teenager. He's like Nate Archibald and Jeremy Gilbert cranked up to 11.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre

frankly, how dare you

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

jimmychoo posted:

frankly, how dare you

I mean, we never saw him die on screen and they never found a body so who knows.

I really like the Archie and Jughead portion of this episode:

Jughead: Alright Archie, people are going to be looking for us so we need to keep a low profile.
Archie: What? Sorry, I didn't here you I was busy giving this random farm girl my full legal name, my address, my social security number, and a copy of my dental records.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Jughead: Alright Archie, people are going to be looking for us so we need to keep a low profile.
Archie: What? Sorry, I didn't here you I was busy giving this random farm girl my full legal name, my address, my social security number, and a copy of my dental records.

Random farm girl ? That's the grand daughter of the King ! The King, not the Gargoyle King.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

jimmychoo posted:

the influence of Sabrina being a town over is affecting me
I'm glad Sabrina was its own show instead of being tied into this but holy poo poo it's insanely clear they really wanted crossovers

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre

Whalley posted:

I'm glad Sabrina was its own show instead of being tied into this but holy poo poo it's insanely clear they really wanted crossovers

im so confused, like ... how did i giant rear end guy in a costume get into the cooper house without them noticing, so is it supernatural? or is everyone just tripping balls on FIZZLE ROCKS

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

It's in the water

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

jimmychoo posted:

im so confused, like ... how did i giant rear end guy in a costume get into the cooper house without them noticing, so is it supernatural? or is everyone just tripping balls on FIZZLE ROCKS

He snuck in while they were out and just hid behind their couch for hours and hours until a suitably creepy moment presented itself.

Of course, he’s a huge monster covered in branches and skulls and poo poo, so everyone could clearly see him, but he went to so much trouble it would be downright rude to say anything.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
lmaooo

how is everyone hallucinating the exact same thing at all different times and places tho?

here's a few things the writers of riverdale have never done:
1. seen a real, live person with natural red hair
2. done drugs

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

jimmychoo posted:

writers ... have never done:
2. done drugs

sorry bud that world don't exist

I loving love how drugs are handled in this actually, it's so loving batshit over the top nasty nothings and I'm here. for. it. Like this whole season is just Satanic Panic Mobsters, hell yeah give me dumb fuckin drugs goin on too

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I was going to make an angry comment about Molly Ringwald but lol nope, brunette.

I think I missed the conversation, but did the thread have a page-long collective groan about Molly Ringwald's career rehab show sending up literally the loving breakfast club? Like was that an asinine writers' room idea before or after she was cast as mommy dearest?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

If you're going on the lam with your best friend, maybe don't wear your trademark, noticeable, and very out-of-the-ordinary toboggan.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

what

I only know toboggan as a sled. What article of clothing is that?

A toque ??

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

The perfect getaway vehicle.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

esperterra posted:

what

I only know toboggan as a sled. What article of clothing is that?

A toque ??

A toque, yeah. They weren't called that growing up in Kentucky, though. Toboggan or beanie were the norms.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 8, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

10 Beers posted:

A torque, yeah. They weren't called that growing up in Kentucky, though. Toboggan or beanie were the norms.

So many drat words for toque lmao

Beanie I've heard, or stocking cap. Toboggan was a new one tho! The more you know.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've never heard them called toque or toboggan and I'm from Michigan where we have to wear them year-round.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I've never heard them called toque or toboggan and I'm from Michigan where we have to wear them year-round.

Toque is a primarily Canadian thing, afaik

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

esperterra posted:

Toque is a primarily Canadian thing, afaik

Confirmed. But I'm American and I use it anyway because it's objectively the best and most correct option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

Gonna need a gif of Archie eye loving the farm girl while tossing a couple of quick glances at Jughead.

For a minute I thought this was going to turn into Red Shoe Diaries (is that reference too old or obscure?)

Archie says of the farm, "There's something about this place that makes me feel at home". He didn't grow up on a farm, his father's always been in construction and he's always lived in Riverdale?! What a bizarre thing to say.

Another crazy part of the show was Jug wandering through town and there's only 1 old woman there and it's conveniently Old Mrs. Exposition. Jug walks up with no introduction and asks her what some graffiti means and she launches into a complete explanation of what's been going on, the symbols, the drugs, etc etc. And she doesn't move at all.
She is exactly the sort of NPC cutscene you'd get in a game of G&G Online. "You've come to the right place, now here is what's going on, and what you must do to advance..."

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 8, 2018