Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Teal posted:

Nova Prime main blueprint

I would like that if you don't mind. Market price is currently starting at 13p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Yea Hydroid’s theme is really well fleshed out and he has some cool abilities, but a Despoil Nekros is strictly better for loot farming.

But that’s the great thing about this game, you can still bring Hydroid to most activities and be just fine. He looks cool, which is the most important thing

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

haldolium posted:

I would like that if you don't mind. Market price is currently starting at 13p

"How much can I expect to shell out" means that I'm buying, man.

And okay 13p is loving fine, so if anyone has any of this stuff I'll gladly throw 20 at them

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Promotion within the goon clan is entirely based on the number of corpros you have.

Nah, we need an automod that will automatically suspend anyone who doesn't equip it for a week. :imunfunny:

ssmagus posted:

Reading his post history in this thread says that he's the all guns are viable with 6 forma and a riven guy, not the really bad build guy. I could go trawling for the really bad build guy, but who wants too in this 2400+ page shithole. Also, he has posts that just says he's a madman for doing the 6 forma on bad weapons thing, but everyone has there own warframe gun prefs.

In fairness, he got the last laugh when they re-balanced all those lovely weapons.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Teal posted:

And okay 13p is loving fine, so if anyone has any of this stuff I'll gladly throw 20 at them

https://warframe.market/

You should become familiar with this site friend.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah I should have probably put the minimal effort into looking for that, thanks though.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I can not stress enough to new players: 95% of the time, I do not give a poo poo how much damage you do or how many dudes you kill or how “useful” you are in the mission - I’ll still only be loosely aware that I’m even playing a game. But if you’ve got a badass skin/syandana/color setup, I will notice and I will snap out of my slack-jawed stupor long enough to slap out a few words about it in chat

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I can not stress enough to new players: 95% of the time, I do not give a poo poo how much damage you do or how many dudes you kill or how “useful” you are in the mission - I’ll still only be loosely aware that I’m even playing a game. But if you’ve got a badass skin/syandana/color setup, I will notice and I will snap out of my slack-jawed stupor long enough to slap out a few words about it in chat

The only times the number of kills and damage new players do is upsetting to me is when it's higher than mine.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Teal posted:

lol sorry, totally misread that sentence.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

everyone post your greatest fashion accomplishment

i'm almost never happy with my three-color palettes (because i suck at color theory) but i'm pretty happy with how this Nidus turned out

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Oblivious posted:

Be warned:
Every now and then this site makes my virus detection go nuts.
On mobile it will often redirect to a "WIN A FREE IPAD" scam site.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'll never stop liking my magical pink nailgun screenshot. :sparkles:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I love my Splatoon Ivara.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I just wanted to pop in as someone also new and say that I've found the GOON crew to be super helpful and patient in answering my questions / explaining what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. I've gotten helped along through index / sorties / bounties / etc. as well as had people answer all my "is this thing any good" / "what mods should I put in this gun" type of questions. Also people have jumped to provide more or less any basic mod I've requested for the low, low cost of a basic ammo mod.

As far as the grouping stuff goes, I generally have been just bringing Rhino and Corpro, and figure that at a minimum I'm not dying every 5 seconds and bringing a useful debuff. At close to 200 hours now I'm starting to get a few frames set up, and may finally start moving outside of "all Rhino all the time".

On a related note, what do I need mod wise to run a Trinity energy battery? Is there anything special to playing it outside of press 2 on cooldown and 4 every 10ish seconds?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

To be a Trin battery just mod for +range and -duration. Lower duration means the pulses come out faster. There's also an augment that turns excess energy into overshields.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Substandard posted:

I just wanted to pop in as someone also new and say that I've found the GOON crew to be super helpful and patient in answering my questions / explaining what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. I've gotten helped along through index / sorties / bounties / etc. as well as had people answer all my "is this thing any good" / "what mods should I put in this gun" type of questions. Also people have jumped to provide more or less any basic mod I've requested for the low, low cost of a basic ammo mod.

As far as the grouping stuff goes, I generally have been just bringing Rhino and Corpro, and figure that at a minimum I'm not dying every 5 seconds and bringing a useful debuff. At close to 200 hours now I'm starting to get a few frames set up, and may finally start moving outside of "all Rhino all the time".

On a related note, what do I need mod wise to run a Trinity energy battery? Is there anything special to playing it outside of press 2 on cooldown and 4 every 10ish seconds?
I actually had a little post about this not too long ago!

Helter Skelter posted:

I am a big fan of generalist builds, and this is what I've come up with for use across most gameplay up to and including ESO and sorties. Replace Abating Link with Vampire Leech if you can count on everyone running Corrosive Projection. Keep Link up, always be popping EV, hit Blessing if you or someone else needs it.

This is your "spam Blessing nonstop" build, which is mostly useful for Eidolon hunts.

If 175% range just isn't enough for you, have a Vampire Leech build.

Quick Thinking should probably be replaced in all builds with Adaptation (if you have it). Two more forma (V and - polarities) could be added to get some use out of the Exlius slot, too.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

And Tyler Too! posted:

To be a Trin battery just mod for +range and -duration. Lower duration means the pulses come out faster. There's also an augment that turns excess energy into overshields.

You can also cast energy vampire and then shoot the now-glowing mob.

The advantage of this technique is that you don't have to tank duration, and thus, your 3 and 4 are more useful. You won't be quite good a battery, though in practice, it's still more than enough.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

gaj70 posted:

The advantage of this technique is that you don't have to tank duration, and thus, your 3 and 4 are more useful. You won't be quite good a battery, though in practice, it's still more than enough.

Yup. This is really ideal build for ESO really as you can keep bless up the whole time.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Fashionframe protip: https://www.canva.com/learn/100-color-combinations/

My main complain is you can't change the textures, so some poo poo will always look like cheap plastic.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

"Bring Corpro" started because of my Draco carries as Ember.

+X Draco, bring corpro.

I eventually left out the "bring".

Some people were a little upset that you could bring all level zero loadouts so long as you had the aura to boost World on Fire. Was obviously provided on request.

That's it, that's the whole story.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Orange and blue is my go to. Matches well with white yellow and brown.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 7, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

gaj70 posted:

yeah. since EV releases all remaining pulses on enemy death the -duration build isn't anywhere near as useful as it used to be. just build up a general Good Trinity and you can handle anything, ESO, eidolons, level 14 alert missions for a single tellurium, you name it.

branch out into specialized builds later if you want but I've never found the effort/marginal value to be worth it

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 7, 2018

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Thanks for all the Trinity advice. I'll have to start working on getting some mods together for her. She seems pretty fun from the little I've played of her, and is obviously always useful.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The real truth about corrosive projection is that the only content that's difficult enough to justify bringing a super min/maxed build that can't fit corpro is also almost always going to be content where four corpros are a mathematically better option than anything else. The extra ability strength or armor you get from umbral mods are going to be negated by your damage being dropped by 50-90% and your enemies staying alive longer and dealing more damage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Substandard posted:

Thanks for all the Trinity advice. I'll have to start working on getting some mods together for her. She seems pretty fun from the little I've played of her, and is obviously always useful.

Yeah, getting Trinity Prime for free from Twitch is like... the only reason I stuck with the game past day one or two. She was such a breath of fresh air from max-:geno: frame Excalibur.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
By the way, if you don't mind me asking, (and i have yet to get the mod) will corpo do you any good? i heard it's useful for grineer and i might do a build for dealing with grineer but why do folks recommend the mod?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Be sure to watch for cool new poo poo + free relics for watching 30 min.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Shredder posted:

Fashionframe protip: https://www.canva.com/learn/100-color-combinations/

My main complain is you can't change the textures, so some poo poo will always look like cheap plastic.

thanks, this is awesome and i think i just found a more realized version of my concept on this list, heh

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this is cool as gently caress

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Fruity20 posted:

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, (and i have yet to get the mod) will corpo do you any good? i heard it's useful for grineer and i might do a build for dealing with grineer but why do folks recommend the mod?

Most or all Grineer, stronger Corpus and Infested all have armor values. Armor is a flat reduction to incoming damage and that reduction increases with higher armor values, and the value increases at higher levels. The increase in damage reduction isn't linear, and in higher levels enemies will start becoming almost impossible to kill. Certain Grineer enemies go from being able to survive 400,000 damage to surviving 4,000,000 damage.

Armor can be bypassed by slash procs and back stabs. It can be reduced by corrosive procs and corrosive projection. Corrosive projection is a flat 25% enemy armor reduction that applies to every enemy in a mission. The effect stacks, so four corpro auras will drop armor damage resistance to 0%. However, because of the way armor scales three corpro auras will sometimes only reduce an enemy's damage resistance to 80% from 90%, while four will always drop it to 0%.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm almost never happy with my three-color palettes (because i suck at color theory) but i'm pretty happy with how this Nidus turned out

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Baruuk gameplay incoming

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

his EDGE METER gives damage reduction and builds when doing moves.

First power is a channeled ability called Elude. He vibrates and gains damage avoidance in a forward cone. Builds his EDGE METER

His 2 is a radial sleep, on a ramp. Finishers do bonus damage on sleep'd enemies. Also builds EDGE, and lingers once casted.

3 is Subdue, making floaty arrowhead things circle him. Charges cause enemies to be disarmed, and when disarmed, they give off radial damage. He also gets damage resistance based off of remaining charges. Disarm charges can be passed to allies, as well.

His 4 is called Savagery and it's like a Fist Exalted Weapon where he throws out loving buddha palms. Different combos throw enemies in different directions and patterns. Block Combo pulls, Slam Attack pushes, slide lifts, etc.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 7, 2018

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Baruk is looking like an excalibur with more survivability so far. I like it

Very similar 2 and 4s, with a better 1 and a meh 3 (that might be good due to DR)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

WUKONG DELUXE GOT DANG

e: buddha palm baruk rules

e2: limbo deluxe lookin' pretty crazy too

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 7, 2018

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
My fashion frame is still pretty limited, but i really like captura (even if some of the stuff like filters or DoF are pretty basic). The fill/rim light setup is fantastic and i kinda wish you could have it in regular gameplay (despite knowing it's a terrible idea).

My starting excal with his silly superhero cape and colorscheme. Still hanging with the taxon for nostalgias sake. Probably gonna keep this forever.

My extremely manly tank doing manly things. Just pumping that shotgun. Nothing to see here.

I love my dumb, barely controllable bird in her natural element (running herself into the ground). Planning to get a tennogen for christmas.

Sometimes i like the simpler colorschemes. Also the first time i noticed there's actually glowing animations when you do jumps that you can barely see in regular gameplay.

Here's the two most angry things in the game (that aren't people arguing about auras).

I like the not-xenomorph/tyranid Nyx style and her favorite hobby, sitting in lenz explosions. Stoked for her buffs!

I'm actually digging some of the immortal or vanilla skins/vanilla helmets with the right colorschemes over the more costly alternatives.

don't @ me about color theory

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

AW gently caress THAT RHINO WAS USING A GRATTLER

archwing weapons on foot incoming

e: mesa prime

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Wow this has more belts than a ff character

fancy

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
redeemer prime, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

More important: Akjagara Prime and Redeemer Prime