Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So how many Henry owners started him tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

lol literally nobody in all of my leagues.

It's cool, Fournette is going to get 150 yards for me, all he needs is 75 carries.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Thoughts on DSTs to hold through my bye for weeks 15 and 16? I currently have the Broncos but am concerned that the loss of Sanders is going to tank the offense too much even vs CLE and OAK. There are some good options w good schedules on the waiver wire:

Saints - @CAR, PIT
Jaguars - WAS, @MIA
Texans - @NYJ, @PHI
Patriots - @PIT, BUF

Jaguars. I have them for WAS, and still kept the Bears for SF.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Inspector_666 posted:

I dropped him a few days before the Chargers game and he put up double digit scores the next three weeks. :feelsgoodman:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

This game is already nearly 50% of his total points for all his previous games combined.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress Derrick Henry to hell and back for being loving useless all season long until now

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Poque posted:

gently caress Derrick Henry to hell and back for being loving useless all season long until now

And this game will likely boost his ADP next season so he won't even be a late-ish round speculative pick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Inspector_666 posted:

If someone was brain genius enough to start him tonight they're making a helluva run in the consolation bracket

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

He’s on my bench

For two teams that have first round byes, including TAQ’s Game of Roto

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If the guy who has him wins his match and plays me next, you know he’s going to put Henry in and get 4 points next week.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

This is sorta OCD but if you have a bye, put all the players on your bench. Then if one gets injured tonight/Sunday, you can drop him for a free agent. (on Yahoo, at least)

nice

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I was forced to play him in one league because of Conner and Gordon.

Darn lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

If the guy who has him wins his match and plays me next, you know he’s going to put Henry in and get 4 points next week.

Honestly his usage has been trending upwards. Not sure if it matters but his next two opponents are the Giants and Redskins. That's a pretty favorable game script.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I drafted Henry 55th overall and dropped him when it seemed as if he was not good and the guy I played tonight picked him up I guess a few weeks ago and has been starting him ever since including vs me tonight.

Welp if I think about this anymore I’ll end up deleting my espn account so may as well gently caress off and do something else

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I may try to get him off of waivers just to stop people from playing him against me. Not sure I'm brave enough to actually play him myself.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Henry will put up 4 points next week. I'd want my opponent to start him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Henry will put up 4 points next week. I'd want my opponent to start him.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I picked up the Jags D because they have the Mark Sanchez Redskins next week. Now that Derrick Henry ran through the Jags secondary like they were 4th graders made of paper bags should I be terrified of starting them against AP?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Dren posted:

I picked up the Jags D because they have the Mark Sanchez Redskins next week. Now that Derrick Henry ran through the Jags secondary like they were 4th graders made of paper bags should I be terrified of starting them against AP?

No. One fluke game based off 2 busted runs does not worry me.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I feel like last night was more telling that the Jags have given up than anything else. I wouldn’t start their defense not because I’m worried about AP going nuts as I wouldn’t start them because they appear to not care.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Alfalfa posted:

No. One fluke game based off 2 busted runs does not worry me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjeLOrojZwE

watch the incredibly poor tackling throughout this video, it's not just two busted runs

Only about 15-20 yards of the 99-yard run were due to broken scheme. The rest of the way Henry broke THREE tackles that should all easily have tackled him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Haha I was overthinking about starting Humphries over Evans when I should have spent that brain genius power on talking myself into benching Fournette. Thanks jags

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also re: Jags giving up on DHenry's run

https://twitter.com/BreezeIDP/status/1071068992696139776?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lmao

That's basically a brisk walk

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

For the record, my warm up on the treadmill to get everything loosened up, as a 30-something insurance adjuster, is 4 mph.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That sounds more like the Jags sucking than Henry being insane. OTOH Henry got 17 carries and Washington might be more checked out than Jacksonville.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Spoeank posted:

For the record, my warm up on the treadmill to get everything loosened up, as a 30-something insurance adjuster, is 4 mph.

To be fair, you're not fending off defenders while doing that. Henry was pushing guys away from him almost the whole run, at one point running basically sideways while doing it. Jax D completely hosed up not bringing him down. I wouldn't want any part of them moving forward.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I shoulda just started the Bears instead of Jags D, gently caress.

At least my opponent started fournette. I'll call it a wash.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

thrawn527 posted:

To be fair, you're not fending off defenders while doing that. Henry was pushing guys away from him almost the whole run, at one point running basically sideways while doing it. Jax D completely hosed up not bringing him down. I wouldn't want any part of them moving forward.

It was Ramsey who was slow, not Henry

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also it turns out it was a joke. It me, the bamboozled

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Also it turns out it was a joke. It me, the bamboozled

Well none of would be surprised if it were true so I'll allow it

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

on the bored wop posted:

It was Ramsey who was slow, not Henry

Ohhh, my mistake.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

:rip: Watkins

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

This dude, Bouye, Jacobs and Myles Jack all need to sit the gently caress down and be made to watch that 99 yard run for an hour every day to begin and end practice so they never forget that there’s literal film of them getting linked out of their goddamn minds.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

good, feed everything to Tyreek.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Varg posted:

good, feed everything to Tyreek.

I'm good with this. My money league opponent has Kelce.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sorry to be the other side here. I need mahomes to kelce nonstop. Playing against the guy that owns hill and ware. He also scooped up kelvin lol

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

MacheteZombie posted:

Sorry to be the other side here. I need mahomes to kelce nonstop.

I'm playing against a team with both of them this weekend and sweating it a lot.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
What do you guys do re: eliminated teams and waiver transactions (this is a FAAB league, redraft)? I’m of the opinion that as long as you have a budget, you should be able to pick up whomever you want. I think leagues are better when people stay engaged even after their season is done. It’s causing quite the kerfuffle in our league group chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

what do you mean by eliminated? Are they still alive in the consolation bracket? Your finish in stupid consolation games decides what place yahoo is gonna say you finished in forever. If someone still has ongoing matches i wouldnt tell them they can't add/drop, as long as it's not a situation where an opponent calls up the one guy who has more FAAB$ than you to block you from adding someone, but that would always be collusion regardless.